bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Evening Potions.

Tristan Damaris

spacer.png

There's always something special about night time, and no one knew this better than the children of Hecate. His mother is the goddess of the night, he's spent more nights in camp awake than asleep, leaving his cabin around midnight for long walks spent wandering around the place, getting to know it his own way. He's gotten used to seeing the surface of the lake rippled with silvery moonlight, used to marveling at the dark velvet sky speckled with stars a thousand times brighter than at home, and, though he'll refuse to admit it, he's been spending more and more time near the lake, almost growing fond of the place.

This night wasn't too different than most, with a couple of hours spent tossing and turning, sleep just out of grasp, and like usual, Tristan found himself wandering the camp, hoping that he wasn't caught be the harpies, until he reaches the lake, which is as dark and smooth as glass tonight, with barely a crescent of moon to light it up tonight. He takes a seat nearby as thoughts drift through his head, some pleasant, but most aren't. Propping open his potions book, he glanced at a single line.

…collected under the cover of night. Why must details on potion ingredients they such nonsense sometimes? 

Well, he’ll have to try the same recipe with that particular ingredient as a variable, see if there is, literally, a night and day difference. So, tonight, Tristan is outside gathering some of what he’ll need to try making a polecat potion for that Demeter guy to try out.

What he wasn't counting on, though, was another person being out at night, too. He hears a voice saying something, though he's pretty sure that he's hallucinating from sleep deprivation by now. Anyway, he absently calls,

"Hello?"

Edited by Tristan Damaris

Normally, he wouldn't be up this late and a big part of him urgently told him to go remain in the cabin past curfew but he was enjoying the peace when most of the other campers are inside their cabins. At least he avoided the forest and no monster would get to him unless he intended to go inside, but the two die in his hand gave him reassurance. He made sure the lodging area was in the clear and made his way towards the lake past the showers and toilets. He'd probably come across a child of Hecate during this time of the night given their magic, one of which he knew was just as disciplined as him when it comes to their craft. The young man earned his respect, yet it was odd that they haven't talked once.

Ibram would observe him from afar sometimes before minding his own business, each with a growing curiosity. How does demigod magic even work?

Well, he might not see him tonight since he was heading towards the lake, when he found him to be moving his arms like a routine near Cabin Twenty. His sneakers stepped on the trail and shortly arrived to the lake, with intent to skip stones and create those rippling effects on the water surface. It was one of the things he wanted to do, but hasn't really perfected it. He asked one camper, but the way he explained it didn't make sense. Ibram drew a sigh as he picked up a stone, trying to remember how that camper held the stone before he skipped it.

Until he heard a voice. Was he really about to get caught over some night time leisure?

But instead of fleeing, he was more curious on who it was and hope that he found them first. After a few light steps, he found a silhouette which was soon given color from the moonlight. It was just another camper, and better yet, that guy he saw before. That child of Hecate.

"Hey," he said with care in his voice. "It's only me. No monster here.

Edited by Ibram Kendi

Tristan's eyes narrowed a bit when he had trouble making out where that voice came from, almost surprised that someone was actually nearby. He preferred to be alone in his little search for potion ingredients and now with his thoughts, but somehow the company of another became reassuring. The young man approached him as the moon lit his cocoa skin and he could finally see where that voice came from. His book was still propped open and held with his hand, intent that he was going to read it if that camper's stay here was going to be short.

A soft chuckle parted his lips. "Right. No monster."

Though now that he has a closer look at him, he could have sworn he had seen him before from one of his people watching sessions. He seemed to be a somewhat of an uptight guy, seeing him walk in a designated route in similar times of day. It seemed like he took his camp schedule seriously.

Tristan shifted so he could sit in a cross-legged position, making himself comfortable if he was interested in talking.

"Do you visit this place often? I suppose one might be attracted to the moon light." But it was past curfew and the both of them could get caught, but it didn't matter when they are already out here. 

Well, he did not seem like the type to rat people beyond curfew, which was something he could respect. Except of course, if the camper in question is doing something bad. And so far, no one here seems capable of performing criminal acts even though he firmly believed he should be the one to get to the bottom of this if he caught a whiff. He glanced at the book settled near Tristan, then to the lake and focused on the white streaks that re reflections of the moon light on the water surface. "Are you practicing your magic? Figured I'd ask because you have a book next to you." Surely, the children of Hecate needed to have a reference for spells if they wanted to know what sort of spells they can't cast. "I'm cool with you doing it... Just don't turn me into an animal or something."

Ibram picked up another stone from the ground and threw it sideways towards the lake as hard as he could. It flew through the air but soon dived into the water.

He drew another breath while Tristan observed, not minding a one person audience. At least, only one person here could see him struggling. 

Normally, he would be honing his magic at this time of the night but he figured he could spend this time with potions. Some of his siblings just wanted to do magic, others wanted just potions... he elected to do a bit of both. It also reminds him of how wizards make potions in Harry Potter and the thirteen year old Tristan thought it was a good idea to start on it because of that. Now, it seemed a bit more complicated when the one ingredient he was here for is affected by the time of day. If he was lucky, he could find it right now. "Oh, this? No, it's a potions recipe book. I also have my notebook with me for note taking when I do the brewing. I use it to record observations and results, or any information that isn't straight out of the text." It was clear that he takes his craft seriously, but there are also times when he made one of the wilder creations and the cauldron ended up spewing fireworks. Some of his siblings made note of that and made sure to avoid him when he's working on some mystery brew.

"A certain potion ingredient brings me here. The book said 'under the cover of the night', whatever that means." There was a slight annoyance in his tone. "It would help if a location was specified but... that's what my notebook is for. To write down locations where I found this or that reagent."

Tristan watched as the young man threw the rock into the water, which sunk into it with a slight plop. Was he attempting to skip it? He wouldn't know. Anyone would have done the same thing for fun or out of frustration. Still, he wanted to ask. "Hey, were you trying to skip that just now? I could teach you how to do it. If you want."

A potion's recipe book?

Ibram could recall some other campers making their own brews but it seemed like the some of the children of Hecate could pursue that knowledge further if they wanted to. As far as he knew, they can be elixirs... or a drink that can kill with a drop. He was hoping that Tristan was looking for an ingredient for the former, but it didn't seem like he would be the type to kill a bug. "Oh, I see...," He paused to think. "What sort of potion are you looking to make then? The first think I can think of is a drink that could mend injuries during a critical time... though I now realize that I was thinking about medicine." He had a vague understanding, but he felt confident in the direction he was going for. It was all he knew about potions, but he was open to learning whether or not it was a misconception.

He could commend him for even taking down notes. This camper is annotating, someone more like a child of Athena would do. What was his name again?

Ibram did not mind him watching, but he was almost hesitant in letting him show how it is done. Moments later, he brushed away what is left of his doubt and responded in an almost cordial tone. "Sure thing. I've seen some campers do it and it looked cool to me." A faint, tint of pink emerged in his cheeks as he quickly grabbed another stone, ready for what the boy has to tell him.

"I was making a polecat potion for a camper. He wanted to be a polecat for a day. Not sure what made him decide to do that though." Tristan had seen the guy several times before but has not really spoke to him until recently. After his little transfiguration experiment became a success, the boy elected to place his confidence on him. He was going to politely refuse until he placed a drachma in his hand and he went straight to work soon after. He just needed one last ingredient, knowing that this particular one would take some time to find. The thought of making it a business crossed his mind for a moment until the boy in front of him mentioned medicine. He was not too far off. "You're not wrong. There are brews capable of healing injuries, but they could never compare to the ambrosia."

"There may be a time when someone on a quest doesn't have the nectar. That is when they can make use of pre-made potions. Most of the time, I don't know how my creations taste like so I often ask someone brave enough to be my test subject or an animal. I still have a plan to reverse the effects if that's any reassuring." He slowly drew a deep sigh, somewhat with melancholy. "Potions... is a delicate subject. I sort of wish it is more like seeing fireworks out of a cauldron."

"So you want to pick a light stone that is smaller than the size of your palm. Like this." Tristan went down to pick one up and demonstrated to him on how to hold it. "Hold the stone between your thumb and middle finger, with your thumb on top, and your index finger hooked along the edge. You do know how to throw a frisbee right? It is like that, but reverse your throw. Cock your wrist back before you give it a good flick. You also want to throw at an upwards angle so that the rock can skip farther."

It was interesting to know that there are potions capable of even transforming a person into an animal. All he could do for the moment was listen in awe, satisfied to know that his confidence was in the right place. And while it might sound easy, the young man clarified that it can be a dangerous area to deal with and one would need much experience to brew the complex of potions. Time, patience, and creativity are the character traits one may need if they wanted to pursue this subject and it sounded like this boy had it all. And even then, he preferred to bring ambrosia whenever he left camp for a trip. Awkward silence began filling the atmosphere between them when Tristan stopped talking and Ibram did not know what to say in the moment. He had finally met him in person but he also felt the urge to give him comfort in some way.

"I think... you might be capable of making a complicated brew." He began. "You look like the kind of guy who takes their thing seriously. I mean, you are out here past curfew looking for some ingredient for a camper. I think that deserves some degree of respect from myself and that client of yours." He didn't bother mentioning to him that he saw him practicing his spells most nights when that could have spelled stalker for him. He preferred to avoid the weirdness without context.

Ibram picked up and held the stone as instructed. After checking he was holding it right, he flicked his wrist and threw the stone towards the lake. It continued to spin and spin until it bounced on the lake surface. On and on for a few times before it submerged itself into the water. He couldn't help but smile at what had just happened. Tristan was smiling as well. "Thank you. It's embarrassing, but I've been on and off trying to do this ever since I saw someone else do it."

Tristan was surprised to hear such comforting words from a man he had just met, but he was glad he did. It was something he did not think he needed, but it somehow felt different from him. He would usually be the one to comfort himself when he shies away from getting too close to a camper, not letting himself care too much for the person. It was... better than nothing. He nodded his head. "Thanks. And he was not hesitant to give me a drachma so it really seemed like he wanted to drink the potion for himself..." He was somewhat against turning a person into something else but he could not deny that he may have a use for that token later on. He set a gaze on the potions book next to him, wondering if Hecate came up with these recipes in her head. As far as he knew, a child of Athena had built Cabin 20 so the books had to come from somewhere, but he gave up on getting an answer for that.

"It's no problem. I sometimes do it when I'm alone with my thoughts. Gets my head thinking." Tristan often thought about new spells to try out when he is here or what sort of things he can do with his magic during the day. He has tried tarot card reading... but he thought it was better to leave it to some of his siblings he heard has done that. Much of the thought process with his powers comes from Harry Potter, but he wouldn't let it get in the way of Greek mythology. Not a wizard, but a demigod. Son of Hecate. No wizard is a son of a Greek god. The thought made him smirk.

"I gotta get back to my search for that ingredient so may I know your name? I'd like to address you when I see you again. I'm Tristan."

"Just make sure that your potion works or you will have to give him his drachma back." He could not help but chuckle at his little joke, but considered it interesting if he could make a profit out of making potions but it seemed like it could be frowned upon when the Hephaestus children make weapons and armor for free. Either way, it is good practice for Tristan. And more importantly, what does transforming to a polecat anyway? Did the person want to be such an animal so much? A part of him grew a little curious of the fate of his client and he certainly voiced that in his next few words. "Let me know what happened to him. He would probably pull a sneaky on his friends or something." That seemed like the most probable reason.

"Talking a walk is good too, but you might be right. Sometimes it is helpful to do something else that is easy on the brain. When you let your thoughts go.  Don’t try to control them.  It’s like examining a rock and letting the rock be the rock.  Look at all the sides. Pondering is a leisurely practice. Right now, it is stone skipping." Ibram grabbed another stone from the ground and threw it towards the lake. It skipped on the surface a couple of times until it sunk. Another successful attempt to put a smile in his face.

"Ibram." A hand extended to shake his. "The feeling is mutual. If you'd like, I can help you in your search. Two heads is better than one, right?"

Tristan could understand the humor behind his words, but it also made sure that this potion has to be perfect. He found the instructions on the textbook and simply followed them to the T. He hadn't done this brew before and preferred not to test it out on another camper. Maybe an animal would suffice. A soft chuckle parted his lips followed by a deep breath after. The lengths he would go through just to earn his keep. Perhaps it would have been better to refuse payment that day, afraid that he would mess up and that camper would tell people how he deliberately messed up his concoctions. He preferred to avoid that sort of PR. "Sure thing. I'll let you know. Though... I have a favor to ask. You are free to decline."

"Do you want to volunteer to drink the potion when I'm done with it? I want to make sure the intended effects of the brew is all there. I prefer to keep my drachma."

Listening to his words fit exactly how he contemplates whenever he was left alone with his thoughts. He'd usually think about his family. His father. His siblings. And then his stepmother. Even though his siblings survived that ordeal, she would still treat him as if he was not her own. It may not get worse, but it's still maltreatment all together. When the stone sunk into the lake, Tristan's thoughts were interrupted and was given the young man's name and an offer for help in his search. It made him smile.

"You are welcome to do that. What we're looking for is an ingredient that can only be seen in the moonlight. The book didn't specify what it looked like... but my mother has a penchant for challenging her children.

Edited by Tristan Damaris

A favor? Ibram was curious to know what sort of favor he would need at this time of the night. Depending on the task, he liked doing favors but he could tell from their voice and tone if he was just being used. He was not entirely sure if he could consider him a friend too... but he knew it would take some time for him to place his trust. For now, he was just enjoying the company. Though once he heard his request, he was almost baffled. Asking him to be his test subject when they had just met? He was surprised on how bold he had become. He could almost admire that part about him, the part where he wanted to keep that drachma, a form of payment that is accepted in mythical services. A part of him did wonder what it would feel like to be a pole cat. "I'll... think about it. I'm not declining, but I'll think about it."

Happy to join on his search, it was a bit annoying to know that there was no information on what this particular ingredient looked like. What made it more perturbing was that it can only be found in this time of the night when the moon shone on the ground. "Have you met her? Hecate, I mean. As far as I know, no one here seems to have met their god parents face to face. I heard stories from several years ago that there exists campers that actually met them. It seems like it is different now."

All he could remember from her was that his father met her during the peak of his career. When he visited during holidays, he could not say much about her other than she was a one-night stand and that she turned out to be a Greek god. He didn't believe it until he was claimed at camp, but he was more shocked that there are children like him whose god parents did the deed with their mortal love interests and left their children to be protected here. All he could do now was to move on and make use of the gifts that was passed down to him.

Tristan had his doubts with the young man's answer when he was okay with taking no for an answer. Instead, he said he'll think about it so it wasn't a yes or a no. It turned out to be an answer he isn't so fond of, one that keeps him in suspense until he was given a different one or when he asks at a later time. Thinking about it now, it was more polite to give him some time to give him a proper answer when he won't know what would happen of he drank his concoction. Right, it is better this way. Maybe he did want to keep the drachma just so he could Iris-message someone, take the Gray Sisters' cab in New York City, or send packages through the Hermes Express. They all sounded practical and there might be one day when he needed the token to pay.

When he asked about his mother, he was right in that no camper has met their god parents as far as he knew. Everyone was left to fend for themselves while getting help from satyrs, whom don't stay very long as soon as the child is covered with the safety of the camp's magical borders. He had already come to terms with the circumstances surrounding his birth so he wouldn't hold back. "I have not. In a way, she ruined my family when she met my father. I do wish I could have a one and one chat with her sometimes. I like the life here so far. It's much better than the one I had before I arrived at this place."

Tristan stood up from the lakeshore, making slow steps while inspecting the soil. He activated a night vision spell on himself and Ibram without warning so he could look for it without having to squint his eyes or push his head closer to the floor. "Surprised? Just a charm. It's not harmful to you, but it should make you see better in the dark. Can't rely on the moon light when it doesn't reach everywhere."

Ibram began his search alongside him, listening on a part of his not so ideal upbringing. Well, every god has impacted their mortal lovers in some way but his story seemed to take it somewhere where not many would want to hear. He would be lying when he said he would not be interested in hearing about it but the young man didn't seemed too down about it at all. It is good to know that he was happy with his stay here just as he was, but he wondered what sort of life he led before coming here. Well, he knew that not everyone here could have led a normal life before coming here. Either way, some form of evil is going to hunt them down. "Oh I see. Sorry to hear that. It's good to know that you like it here. I do know a person who didn't like it here at first, but eventually came around."

His father didn't want to bear the responsibility of raising a child, knowing that it would somehow be in the way of his career. Ibram was disappointed in him and the visits during the holidays did not make up for lost time when it seemed like he was only doing it for the formalities. He never liked his father but his uncle was a different man who raised him like his own. Shocking to know that the two of them happened to be brothers.

Feeling a surge of magic emerge in his eyes, he instinctively closed it for a moment before slowly opening them up. He thought he would feel some sort of sting but instead, the magic seemed to disappear. He could see in the dark better and made out details and texture he would not normally see without the aid of his magic. He was shocked and began to test it out with fascination. "This is awesome. I didn't know you can do something like this."

Tristan did not know what to think of at first when he had arrived here. All he knew was that he would be safe from the monsters that had attacked him at his birthday party and definitely safe from his stepmother. No more shouting from her. No more hitting. And not a place he could call home except this one. He resented his mother for a while after learning she was his actual mother who caused his family to be torn apart but his father is also one to blame for having a one-night stand with her. It took some time and convincing from other campers, but maybe if his father was still alive, he would be happy to know he could perform real magic which surmounts to any effect he may have intended. He didn't know potions can be brewed as well or even the shadows to be controlled.

"It's okay. I have mulled it over more times than I could remember." And that he did.

He was a bit satisfied he could show off some of his ability to another camper but this is simply for helping him look for something in the dark. Tristan had helped many campers with his power ranging from transfiguration, cosmetics, bags that have more space than they seem, elementals, and some form of levitation. He was still currently learning how to fly, a complex subject he would need time to study and practice. And even then, it's more difficult to do it during the day. His eyes noticed something that gleamed from the ground. They narrowed into slits as he approached the small object that was somewhat covered in the soil. "I think I found something." He quickly pulled it out and all hope was gone from his frown.

"It's just an empty can. The dryads won't like this." He threw it up in the air and it disappeared with a poof into thin air.

Ibram did not want to dwell on the topic of his past any longer and he was sure he did not want to talk about his own. His may not be like sunshine and rainbows, but Tristan is more like dark, cloudy skies with no chance of sunlight. He stepped on the ground slowly, examining every bit of what could be down there. He was getting used to his temporary ability to see in the dark, intrigued by this power for the first couple of minutes. So when Tristan spoke that he found it, he quickly rushed to his side and grinned at his find. "I'm sure the book meant the ingredient can be found on the cover of the moonlight, not something that can reflect it." It felt right to employ his humor, only to see the can disappear. "Where did you send it?" He was curious. Things don't just disappear like that, right?

"Yes, they don't like us polluting the camp. I heard that they pull "pranks" on campers if they litter. I'm not sure to what extent, but I'd prefer not to experience their wrath. I suppose they don't just cook the food for us in the pavilion." Ibram didn't have much contact with the wood nymphs here at camp, nothing but some words in exchange. Thanking them for the food was pretty much the only time he's ever spoke to them and the other campers talk to them more often than he did. There was a time when one of them pop out from the tree bark and he was startled. Instead of playing it off, he got angry at that nymph and scared her away. It was the one of the few things he regretted doing.

Then again...

"Have you ever asked the dryads to help you out? I'm sure they have some knowledge of the ingredient in question and they are outside more often than we are. We're also past curfew. I'd like to avoid getting caught so I would prefer asking them for help. Have you considered that?"

"I sent it in the recycling bin. Some people should really be more conscious of the environment here. They are living here after all."

Tristan had casted a unique spell that could transport objects from one place to another, a useful tool so he wouldn't do the labor. He could also make objects appear out of thin air as well just as long as the object exists. Sure, he was just showing off. What's the harm in having the flash? Speaking of, this would be also useful if he wanted to have a trash day and pick up objects that don't belong in nature. It was actually one of the required chores, but some campers chose to do the job half-heartedly. "I don't think the dryads are capable of doing that... but it might be possible if the camper in question litters often. If anything, you might be referring to the Demeter children. They have a penchant for partaking in environmental-friendly practices."

"Hmm, I haven't. Do you think they are willing to help out a demigod?" Tristan was unsure. All he knew was that they work as waitresses during mealtimes and are contenders in running races. Then again, he is partly to blame for not asking them to lend a hand. "You seemed like you asked for their help before. Name one of them." He was curious to know just so he could refer to him when he mentions the wood nymph in question. They're not entirely approachable for him, but he could work up the courage to ask.

It was interesting to know that he can recycle with a spell but there is no way he created the spell and practiced that just to have that convenience? While it does look cool, he felt his magic could be put into better use with spells for battle instead of luxury. If he were have access to some form of magic, he thought. "Yes, I'm sure. They have served us meals so I don't think they could outright refuse." Ibram couldn't believe that Tristan hadn't thought about this and he assumed he has been around here for some time. He was annoyed at first, but given that the details of the ingredient is ambiguous... he supposed asking help would be the right choice. "I do know a dryad but I'm not sure if she'll talk to me..." Not after that scold he gave her after getting startled.

"I barely know her. Her name is Marigold. We just talked sometimes here and there. And then one day, we argued and we never talked again." Ibram preferred to spare him the embarrassing details. A part of him knew how immature that was, but he couldn't let it go just yet. He wanted to make up to her one way or another, but did not know how. And even then, he avoided asking some of his friends for help. It's not really his strong suit. 

Tristan thought about it for a moment, taking a short pause from his search. Ibram seemed to be doing the same as well, except he was looking back at the lake now. He was not going to give him just because he could not find the last potion ingredient needed to make the brew. Yet after listening to his story, it felt like they had reached another dead end. He crossed his arms. "I think you should talk to her. It's better to air things out instead of bottling them in. What happened to letting your thoughts out?" He was referring to that little pep talk he gave him just minutes ago but it seemed like it was an entirely different matter with the wood nymph in question. All they have now is a name. He drew a sigh. "Let me know if you talked things out with her. I'd prefer not to make an enemy of a dryad here."

He resumed his search in the lake shore, steps slowly touching the ground to inspect it. Once it was clear, it was free for him to step on. Tristan gave glances to the text where the recipe was laid out, determined to find this reagent as soon as he can. He was considering on wrapping up, but he didn't want to tire out in front of Ibram. He seemed the type to be committed to a task unless it is completed. "Why did you guys argue anyway? Dryads don't really have a bone to pick with us... and I don't take you for a litterer.

Tristan may have pointed out the obvious solution to his little dramatic problem, but he was sort of adamant in letting things just calm down until he works up the courage to talk to her again. Marigold did nothing but strike up conversations with him and it seemed like he could see them being friends. Even though there are more dryads in camp, she was the one he felt more comfortable talking to. Maybe he could ask her to serve him a specific food? No, that might be too much but the thought sounded nice to have a little variety in meals. Not saying that the current ones are not as good. Even then, he preferred not to be awkward with a person as well. Ibram might seem like a cold person, but he despises it when things are awkward with him and the relationship or conversation goes nowhere.

"Right. I will, I guess." He caved.

He was staring into the moonlight reflected on the surface of the lake for the moment until he asked. It was no argument, but he supposed he could cook up some similar lie. "Err... It was something we did not have the same opinion of so I kind of reasserted my own by yelling at her." This is a common thing to do, right? Wanting the person to agree with you and be on the same side? Ibram knew this sort of trait is considered toxic when done extremely but it was one of the few times he's done it.

Tristan knew he was not going to make up with that dryad, but it wasn't his business to pry into his interpersonal relationships. Or other people's, knowing it would be bothersome. Ibram was being reticent but as long as he wielded his words correctly, he could find out a bit more why. He thought he might be slick putting it that way, but he had a feeling that there is more than he let on. "That's not how you want to communicate, dude. The other dryads could see you as a red flag. You don't want to get a plate of bad food for dinner, no? They might tweak it so that the contents will taste bad." He decided to give him a bit of scolding which usually works when someone is attempting to weasel themselves out of a particular situation they might have caused a dilemma in.

Reasserting one's opinion by yelling? Seriously?

He thought Ibram was out of his mind, but it's about time he goes back to his search. Tristan knew he had been here long enough and elected to search somewhere else. "I'll go somewhere else, so we should part ways for now. Even if one of us gets caught, at least either one of us won't be caught either. I'll see you around, Ibram?"

Ibram could take whatever he had to say about his little dilemma since he sort of... made up the details he had revealed to him. Some of his words, he could admit, he could take back with him but he wasn't going to express that out loud. With the word going around with the dryads, he was wondering why another one did not approach him regarding Marigold. Maybe they do not talk to each other much as Tristan had anticipated? This could be a favorable outcome for him since he could speak with her in private and somehow make it up to her. He was still working out a day. Planning one. Okay, he has not even there yet. Soon, he made a mental note of it. And he was sure as hell did not want his actions to result in eating food that tastes bad.

With the sudden announcement of departure, he could agree that he had spent more time here longer than he should. When he thought he would be alone with his thoughts, he was alone with this guy. Tristan. He's kinda cool, but definitely not someone he'd want to open up to. Not yet anyway. He had planned on resuming his search as well, but now that he mentioned it, it was time to head back to his cabin. "Right, yeah. Is that night vision spell going to wear off if you're far away or something? And you might get caught too if you linger around like this. I know there are some campers that take the opportunity to risk themselves just to report to the cabin leaders."

It was just him giving a head's up. It's not like he cared about him getting caught...

Oh, right. He had placed a charm on his vision to help him in his search for the potion ingredient.

Still, he was not going to let him leave empty handed. "Why don't you keep that with you? You are going to need it to find your way back to the Nemesis Cabin without difficulty. Consider it a temporary gift from me." Lips curled into a smirk, he gave the spine of his potions textbook a firm squeeze. Tristan had worked around ways he could stay up at night past curfew, having been doing this for more nights than he could count. Most of the time, he can be found honing his spell craft and diving into his potions work. Others, he might have worked up the courage to fight monsters himself at the Forest with healing potions. He'd rather not have ambrosia with him when he wasn't going beyond the camp's borders.

"I have just the spell for that. An Invisibility Spell. It's much easier for me to hold in since it's dark, but I can handle myself. I appreciate the concern." He waved bye at him, shortly before he turned invisible after muttering in Latin. And he wasn't seen and heard again after tonight. 

As it turns out, a nice thing was done for him today. Ibram did not know what to say and he did not want to let go of his night vision ability easily. He... secretly found it cool but this would probably end as soon as he found his ingredient or elected to drop the search for the night. Well, as long as he can bring it back to his cabin with him, it would be okay. By the time he had left the lake, he could make out his surroundings in the lodging area but he still would like to keep 'seeing' in the dark. Something like this could even be useful for training in the dark, but the again, would surmount into nothing if they don't have such power or enchantment. Ibram thanked him as he watched him disappear in front of him and he was free to leave the lakeshore.

End of Thread.

Important Information

Terms of Use