bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Actions Have Consequences

The Chronicler

The Storyteller

PERCYJACKSON_VFX_04.jpg

In the aftermath of the Second Giants War, Zeus punished those he deemed responsible for the ordeal. Apollo, god of the Sun, was cast forth from Olympus and stripped of his godhood for the crime of encouraging his son, Octavian, to follow a dangerous path and for revealing a prophecy much too soon . Through trials and tribulations, Apollo earned his godhood back, and had returned to Olympus. 

Hera, queen of the gods and his wife, was punished for interpreting the prophecy. She had been allowed to keep her godhood, but much like Dionysus, she too was banned from Olympus for several years. Though, the marriage counseling must have improved some things as her punishment was far shorter than that of his son's. Hera was sentenced to live in exile for so long as it took Apollo to complete his trial, though Zeus eased her sentence and let her home early. Something else that Hera credits to the marriage counseling.

Years later, however, Zeus's paranoia has gotten the better of him. To ease his anxiety, Zeus has called forth his children, The Fates, to provide information. Only they know how much help they will truly be. 

Uncertainty had plagued Zeus since his wife's return to Olympus. The usual intense and irrational anger didn't surround her as it typically did. This was something that Zeus found more unsettling than comforting. Perhaps the marriage counseling had worked, but Zeus couldn't shake the feeling that Hera knew something that he didn't. And if there was one thing that Zeus could not handle it was anyone having the upper hand on him.

Zeus sat on his throne in the throne room on Mount Olympus. He called forth his children, the Fates, to hopefully abate his anxiety. This was something he almost never did as he found the creatures intimidating. Indeed, they had been the very reason that he had left their mother Themis. Still, Hera would not answer his questions and the only entities who could ease the unsettled feeling he had inside would be them.

As the three old women walked into the throne room, Zeus greeted them. "Ah ladies, you look... it's wonderful... I'm glad you've arrived." He stumbled over the correct greeting. After all, daughters of his they may be, the women were very powerful in their own rights, weaving the thread of life for mortals and immortals alike. It wouldn't due to insult them or to insult their intelligence by providing them with undue flattery. Especially not when one was about to seek a favor. The Morai were very rarely straightforward with their secrets. He would need to find himself on their good side if he were to stand any chance of having a forthright conversation with them. They were his only hope.

Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos were invited by their father to come to Olympus. Oh how exciting it was for them to join their father up in Olympus when he had such great things to ask them. As they journeyed together they began to squabble about Lachesis making them late. “As always you had to take such a long time…..as if you will impress our father with how you look,” said Clotho. “Agreed,” said Atropos. “You two are just jealous of how good I look better than you, said Lachesis holding up her finger. The Fates stopped their squabble as they heard their father greeting them.

Smiling, the three children of Zeus went up to their father as they were honored to be called for such a time as this. “Ohhhh thank you father, it is so good to see you” blushed Lachesis. Clotho elbowed her sister “I look the best, don’t I father.”  Atropos then whacked the back of her sister's head, “No I am the best looking” her voice echoed as she glared at her sisters.

If they hadn't been standing immediately before him, Zeus likely would have ran his palm across his face in frustration. The problem with having triplets, or at least these triplets, was that they always seemed to be in competition with one another. Or perhaps they just enjoyed the fact that they could unsettle him and liked to play on that. He would never really know. What he did know, however, was that they held everyone's fate in their old and wrinkled hands. He knew better than to tempt them into punishing him early.

"My daughters you are all equally lovely." He said diplomatically. It wasn't a lie. Equal did not mean 'very', and was a qualifier of its own. 'Not' three times was still technically all equal. "But certainly you didn't travel all this way for our visit to spend such a rare visit squabbling." Zeus hadn't seen The Fates since the end of The Second Giant War, and he didn't really intend to make a habit of seeing them frequently. He had, ever since their infancy, found them to be intimidating and he did not sit well with being intimidated. "Please, take a seat ladies." He waved a hand and comfortable seating appeared in the throne room for them.

Since the time they were born, the three sisters held everyone’s fate in their hands. Whether mortal or immortal it did not matter as they knew all. The three silver hair women knew more than their own father which was why he brought them here in the first place of course. They knew the power they wielded as they saw all. But this did not stop them from squabbling amidst themselves. But this stopped for now once their father addressed them once more.

“Thank you father,” they said in unison as the three of them blushed. Their mood shifted to happiness since they were in the presence of their father. Nodding they moved quickly to take a seat as the three began to look from one another with a smirk. “Father we know started Clotho but was finished by Lachesis why you sent for us.” Looking at one another they then turned to their father to watch his expression.

Straight to the point then. He thought to himself. He wasn't sure why he bothered with the pomp and circumstance, pretending that there was no ulterior motive for their call to his side. They were The Fates. They had long ago known that he would bring them up here and ask for their knowledge. Just as he also knew that he would likely find little clarity or comfort from them. But it was his last hope. He couldn't shake the feeling that Hera was keeping a secret. A secret that could lead to his ruin as King of the Gods. And that, he couldn't suffer idly by.

"Clever as always, girls." He leaned forward on his throne, looking over the elderly women before him. "Hera returned to Olympus early, and I've not heard hide nor hair of complaint from her since." He stated frankly. "And while I would like to believe that she has simply chosen to accept the consequences of her actions, history has taught me that my wife's temper is not something that is so easily stifled." Looking at each of them in the face, one at a time, he continued, "So I ask of you, is my wife hiding something from me? Should I be wary?"

Clotho, the spinner of life's thread, looked at her sisters before addressing Zeus. "Father, we understand your concerns," she began, "but we must remember that the future is a complex tapestry, with many threads intertwining and shifting. There are things that even we, the Fates, cannot foresee with absolute certainty. But we do know the things that have happened" She paused, allowing her words to sink in before passing the question to her sister, Lachesis.

Lachesis, the measurer of life's thread, took up the explanation from there. "We can tell you, Father, that Hera's time away from Olympus has changed her in some ways. The threads of her life have been altered, and she has learned from her experiences. But as for the secrets you suspect she keeps, well, there are some. ." She glanced at her sister Atropos, who nodded and prepared to deliver her part of the answer.

Atropos, the cutter of life's thread, met Zeus's gaze with her ancient, all-seeing eyes. ", Father, but she will stay faithful" With that, the three sisters fell silent, waiting for Zeus's response to their enigmatic counsel.

Edited by The Fates

Zeus listened as his daughters spoke. Internally, very careful not to do it externally where they could see it, he rolled his eyes as Clotho spoke about about the uncertainty of fate. This was not the verbal soothing balm he had wanted from his daughters.

Lachesis's words did provide some level of comfort to him. He felt like his suspicions had been validated. She is keeping secrets. Being right was a significant comfort. But what could they be.... "Thank you Lachesis. I don't suppose you could find it in your heart to share with your father what my wife is keeping from me?"

But Atropos's words confused him. If Hera had stayed faithful, then what secrets would she have to keep from her husband? Why would she not speak with him so that they could work on things together. It had been her idea to seek marriage counseling. Why wasn't she using the skills that she had forced him to learn. This seemed awfully one-sided.

Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos exchanged knowing glances, understanding that Zeus was seeking more answers than they were willing to provide. Clotho spoke first, her voice as soft as the threads she spun. "Father, the secrets that Hera keeps are like knots in the tapestry of life. There are threads that bind her to others, threads whose true nature can be deceptive. To untangle them now may unravel that which is meant to be."

Lachesis chimed in, her voice steady and measured. "Every being, mortal and immortal, is entitled to their secrets. These secrets weave themselves into the tapestry of existence, shaping and reshaping the destinies of those involved. In time, these secrets may reveal themselves, or fade into the shadows of the past. But know this, Father: a thread was spun, one that connects Hera to another. It has grown and remains hidden within the great tapestry."

Atropos' voice then cut through the tension, sharp and final. "Rest assured, The tapestry of life has a way of weaving itself into the most intricate patterns, and the fates of those involved intertwine in unexpected ways. Know that the more you seek to control the threads of life, the more tangled they may become."

Finally, Lachesis added, her voice filled with a sense of foreboding. "A product of Hera's secret, is hidden from plain sight. Its existence is known only to the few who have been entrusted with this knowledge." With that, the three sisters fell silent, their cryptic warning hanging in the air like a delicate thread, daring Zeus to pull and see what unraveled.

Important Information

Terms of Use