bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Point Break: Brotherly Love and Toenail Painting

Finley sat on the porch of his cabin, feeling the warm sun on his skin and the gentle breeze in his hair.  Finley was waiting on Petal, who went to get the nail polish for his toenails, Finley couldn't help but reflect on his time away from camp. Being out west, catching waves and meeting new surfers was an incredible experience, but it also made him realize how much he missed his family and his home at Camp Half-Blood. This place had been his safe haven for a good deal of his life. Growing up here was probably the best thing that could have happened to him. He was not along plus he got to be around hot campers which he would have fun with!!! Not to mention he was in a cabin with his family who he loved. Most of them were hippie children but what can you expect for their mother.

Being out west meant there were a lot of monsters to fight off just to have a bit of a break. Which could get tiring time to time. It was good to see his dad who was doing great with the organic business. It seemed he had his hands full at the time so we didn't "It's good to be back," he said to Petal, wiggling my toes to get them separated for when she got back. "I didn't realize how much I missed this place until I was away from it." Finely looked back as he tried to see where Petal had gotten to. The two of them were close in age, making them super tight and all.

@ Petal Price

• Like 1

Petal returned, her arms full of nail polish and spa day supplies, struggling to see past the towering stack of boxes in her hands. Her excitement at the prospect of painting her brother's nails and spending quality time together bubbled over as she approached Finley. "I've got so many colors, Fin, you're going to love it!" she exclaimed, her voice muffled by the boxes. As she carefully set down the supplies, Petal couldn't help but feel grateful for the close bond she shared with Finley. They had always been there for each other through thick and thin, providing support and understanding as they navigated the challenges of demigod life. Today was no exception; they were back together at Camp Half-Blood, and she couldn't be happier. Petal carefully started organizing the nail polish and other spa supplies while chatting with Finley. "I'm glad you're back too," she said sincerely. "Camp wasn't the same without you. Plus, I've missed our nail painting sessions!"

She glanced over at Finley's toes, already imagining the vibrant colors and designs she would create for him. Painting nails had become a fun way for them to bond and unwind, and she cherished these moments. With everything set up, Petal eagerly picked up a bottle of bright blue nail polish, her eyes sparkling with anticipation. "Alright, Fin, are you ready for this? I've got some new colors that are going to look amazing on you!" She grinned and began applying the polish to his toenails, her focus and precision evident. As she worked, Petal felt a warmth in her heart, grateful for the simple yet meaningful time spent with her brother.

• Like 1

This was a normal routine for him with Petal, since they were so close in age. It meant they arrived to camp around the same time giving them many years to bond over the years. Petal was one to always encourage him when it came to his art or even the things he loved like surfing. He might not understand all her hippie ways but he still loved her just the same. In the end, the two of them were half siblings in this crazy life as they were demi-gods. Humming to himself,  Finley sat patiently on the porch of his cabin, eagerly awaiting Petal's return with the nail polish supplies. As he took in the peaceful surroundings of Camp Half-Blood, his mind wandered to the adventures he had experienced out west.

While he had enjoyed his time surfing and meeting new people, being away from his family and the safety of the camp had made him appreciate it all the more. Finley had grown up at Camp Half-Blood, and it held a special place in his heart. He loved being surrounded by his family, even if they were a bit unconventional. The constant battles with monsters while on his trip had reminded him of the dangers he faced as a demigod, and he was glad to be back where he belonged. As Petal finally returned with the supplies, Finley greeted her with a smile and wiggled his toes in anticipation. Their close bond was evident, and he was grateful to have her as a sister and friend. As they chatted " Same Petal."  Finley couldn't help but feel content and at home. These simple moments were what made life worth living, and he cherished them with all his heart. "Yes, I am excited to see what you got for me......so what have you been up to as of late? I mean I heard you helped an Ares camper with their anger?" He mused as he laughed at the idea. 

• Like 1

With the first strokes of nail polish brushing against Finley's nails, Petal felt a familiar sense of tranquility settling in. She had always found a strange sort of calm in the act of painting nails, a quiet focus that let her mind wander. "Oh, that Ares camper, huh?" she began, her tone a mix of intrigue and excitement. "His name's Liam, and he's actually not as gruff as most Ares kids, if you can believe it." A blush crept up her cheeks as she thought about Liam, her fingers steady despite the flutter in her chest. She'd been drawn to him for a while now, his rough exterior hiding an air of mystery and surprise that she found intriguing. "I've been hanging out with him a bit, you know, trying to help him find some peace amidst all the...Aresness," she said, painting a playful grin on her face. The truth was she wasn't sure if Liam had enjoyed her company as much as she had, but she was working on that.

"He's not like the others, Fin," she confessed, her voice barely a whisper. "He's got this... fire, but it's not just about fighting or being the strongest. He's passionate, and I think... I think I'd like to continue getting to know him better." The words hung in the air, a silent admission of the feelings she had been wrestling with. Setting the nail polish aside to let Finley's nails dry, Petal finally looked up at her brother. "I think I might have a crush on him, Fin," she admitted, her heart pounding in her chest. If there was anyone she could trust with her feelings, it was Finley. He had always been there for her, and she knew he would understand.

• Like 1

Wiggling his toes, right before the first coat was painted he looked at the color she had in her hand. Petal was always good at picking colors that best suit him!  Finley listened intently to Petal's words, his brows raising in surprise. He had always known his sister to be compassionate and open-minded, but this was a side of her he hadn't seen before. A mix of emotions washed over him—excitement for Petal and a hint of protectiveness, as any older brother would feel. "A crush, huh?" he replied with a concerned look, trying to keep the worry out of his voice. "Well, he has never been someone I found myself trusting....to hot headed for me plus he is always got to keep Novalie attached by his side as if she can't go out on her own." An eyeroll happened as he looked to the side then back at his sister.

As Petal's confession sank in, Finley couldn't help but feel so much love and worry for his sister. She had grown into a strong and independent young woman, unafraid to explore her own feelings and take chances. "Just be careful, Petal," he said sincerely, reaching out to give her hand a reassuring squeeze. "Just remember to take things slow and be true to yourself. You deserve someone who appreciates you for who you are." This was very true he felt deep down. Petal was one of the kindess person he had ever been around so for her to like that doffous who is all about training and being all BLAH BLAH I want novalie to myself but not date her crap. Then getting a good idea he sat upright as he got this great idea in his head "How about I can go on this date you will have with him and make sure he treats you well." Putting his right hand fist into his left hand. 

• Like 1

Petal couldn't help but let out a giggle as Finley brought up his usual protectiveness about her needing to be carful. Truthfully she figured that there wasn't a boy in the whole camp that Finley would 100% approve of. She always appreciated his need to look out for her, but sometimes it bordered on overbearing.  "Oh, Fin," she replied rolling her eyes. "Your Big Brother Mode is kicking in again. I appreciate the concern, but I think I can handle myself." She knew he meant well though and that deep down he really cared for her. Petal moved on to painting a second coat on his nails but she stopped suddenly at his proposed 'solution' to her upcoming date.

Her eyes widened as he suggested tagging along and chaperoning for her date. Her head tilted slightly as she just started at him in comical disbelief, her mouth opening and closing as if she wanted to say something but wasn't sure what. I mean did he really think she'd like that idea?!? After a moment she couldn't help but erupt into laughter soon doubling over from laughing so hard. "You... you want to....chaperone....my date?" she stammered between fits of laughter and shaking her head in disbelief. She loved Finley dearly but the idea of him overseeing her date was far too ridiculous to take seriously. "I know you mean well and I love you for that, but this is something I have to do on my own. Trust me Fin, I'm tougher than you think" she winked.

As she applied the finishing touches to Finley's nails Petal's mind was still on Liam. Thoughts of him stirred butterflies in her chest and she found herself looking forward to the next time they would meet. Though one thought still stuck in her mind from something Finley had said to her. "Ummmm Fin, since we're on the subject of love interests, why do you care if Liam hangs out a lot with Novalie? Ooooooooooooo do you have a crush on herrrr????" She couldn't help but tease her brother. "You know, maybe I should tag along if you go on a date with her! You, to protect you of course and keep an eye on things. Just remember to take things slow and be true to yourself. You deserve someone who appreciates you for who you are." Petal couldn't help but be a smart ass.

• Haha 1

Finley imaged Liam interacting with Petal, a surge of irritation washed over him. Liam, the guy he had always seen as a loser, suddenly had Petal's attention. The thought of them together made his blood boil. How could she be interested in someone like him? It made Finley feel sick to his stomach. He couldn't help but imagine a future where Liam became a part of his family, potentially even marrying Petal. The mere thought of having to call him "brother" sent shivers down Finley's spine. Liam didn't deserve Petal. He was a loser in Finley's eyes, lacking the qualities that Finley believed she deserved in a partner. 

Finley's face reddened slightly as Petal erupted into laughter, doubling over from the sheer absurdity of his suggestion. He couldn't help but chuckle along, realizing just how ridiculous his idea must have sounded. Her response reassured him that she understood his intentions but also emphasized her need for independence. "Yeah, yeah, I get it," he said, still grinning. "Chaperoning your date does sound pretty ridiculous now that I think about it." He reached out and playfully tousled her hair, trying to ease any lingering tension. He looked into her eyes, sincerity filling his voice. "Just promise me you'll be careful, okay? And if that loser Liam does anything to hurt you, he'll have me to answer to," he added, unable to fully conceal his protective nature. With a soft smile, he hugged her tightly, appreciating the bond they shared. Deep down, he knew that Petal was capable of handling herself, but it was difficult for him to completely let go of his role as her older brother. 

Yet, even amidst his frustration, another thought crept into Finley's mind. Novalie. The very mention of her name caused a flicker of desire to ignite within him. She was gorgeous, confident, and undeniably alluring. The image of her as a sexy tiger ready to be pounced on tantalized his thoughts. While his anger towards Liam persisted, the pull of attraction towards Novalie was difficult to deny. Finley chuckled at Petal's playful teasing, rolling his eyes in response. "Oh, come on, Petal. Don't start with the teasing. No, I don't have a crush on Novalie," he said, shaking his head. "I just...I'm looking out for you, that's all. And if Liam is hanging out with her a lot, I just want to make sure you're not getting caught up in anything you might regret." He watched as Petal finished up the nail polish, adding the final touches. She really had a way of lightening the mood and making him laugh. "Thanks, Petal," he said sincerely, reaching over to ruffle her hair. "I appreciate you looking out for me too, even if you're being a smartass about it. Just remember, if you ever need anything, big brother's got your back."

• Like 1

Petal listened to Finley's rant on and on about Liam as an amused smile formed on her face. She knew her brother well enough to tell when his mind was shooting towards the future imagining all sorts of awful outcomes. She was so tempted to say something outrageous just to see what sort of reaction she could get out of him! This was soooo like Fin, especially when it came to someone he deemed unworthy of her. "I know Fin. And I promise I'll be careful. Besides, it's just a little crush," she responded before whispering very very softly "that could turn into my future life partner...." The truth was though that she knew Finley was always there for her, always ready to guard her and that meant the world to her to be loved in such a way.

Shifting her attention back to Finley's nails Petal applied the last touches of the polish on them. While she worked, listening to Finley vehemently deny having a crush on Novalie......right like everyone at camp didn't already know about the weird love triangle beginning to form. "Sureeeeeeee Fin, sureeeeee" she retorted playfully. "I'll keep that in mind. Just remember your little sister's got your back too ok?" She playfully jabbed at his sides. The idea of her older brother having a crush on Novalie was interesting, to say the least. Especially with the camp rumors being that Novalie had been flirting A LOT with Liam. Hmmmm, maybe she'd need to hire her friend Sage to keep an eye on Novalie......

• Haha 1

Fin only wanted what was best for his sister after all!!! He loved petal so much as they were close in age. She had been one of the first to talk to him when he arrived to camp. Petal had a way about her that just made others feel accepted and comfortable around her. He found himself drawing close to her. "Well that is how it starts and then you will be married and I will have to call him brother....and we both know that wont work" he said giving her a disgusted look. Crossing his arms he wanted petal to know he loved her but liam was not someone he loved. The guy was a tough thing to chew and most knew it. He watched as all the girl fawned over the boy which he never understood. Fin was way more handsome with better hair of course!

These times with his favorite times, even if they were talking about dog face boy liam. Petal painting his nails was nice and calming with him ranting. Even talking about Novalie a bit which he so did not have a crush on her!!! There was another girl thou. "That is good to know....you know I love you too petal. No matter what dog face boy you like I am here to hold you if it goes bad" he was now super serious. Laughing when she poked him he began to tickle her back as he smiled. Looking down at his toenails he thought she did a good job. "So i hear there is going to be a slumber party with the girls in our cabin...think I can sneak in?.....I can be Finashia?" He batted his eyes and tried to play pretty!

• Like 1

Petal gave a good-natured laugh at Finley's response, she really did love the bond that they shared. And yes, even though his level of concern could get a tad overprotective and annoying at times, she still appreciated the place it came from. "Alright, Fin. I promise, I'll be careful. And don't worry about Liam...or Novalie." She finished with a teasing smirk, poking him playfully on the arm. The truth was, Fin had always been there for her from her first day at camp to today, she could always depend on him for advice, love and support no matter what life might throw at her. 

She returned the hug he'd given to her earlier, she often missed her family and hugging Fin was the closest thing she'd encountered to what it felt like hugging them. When she pulled away, she took a moment to admire her handiwork on Finley's nails, grinning proudly at the vibrant array of colors. "You're welcome, Fin. And don't worry about me. After all, I've got you, my overprotective big brother, looking out for me." Her thoughts briefly wandered back to Liam and a a soft blush crept up and spread over her cheeks. She was excited, nervous, and everything in between for what her life held in store for her. But, with the friends she made here at camp, and the new family  she was also ready to face whatever came her way! She would raise up and face whatev..........hold up.........Finashia???? Fin's words hit her like a bucket of ice cold water snapping her out of her inner monologue. "Hey! How did you find out about the Iris girl's super secret invite only slumber party huhhhh?!??! And Finashia??? Really! What would that even look like?? Do I need to paint you up in makeup and buy some heels?" She teased of course, her animated nature a sign of amusement and not anger. 

• Like 1

Petal always knew how to make him smile, "Okay okay" he laughed as she poked his arm "I won't worry about them FOR NOW" he said sarcastically as he shook his head. He knew his sister was capable of making her own decisions but he still worried about her. Finley could promise to let it go but he still didn't have to trust Dog Face boy Liam!!! Of course he would always be there for Petal....she was his sister after all! It wasn't as if Demi-gods had the best parents or situations so it was for them to find relationships that could rely on. Petal was one of those sibling, almost everyone was close with as she was just that wonderful. Her way of making them feel seen as well as heard was a gift she got from their mom. 

Joking about sneaking into the slumber party that was coming up, he laughed as he watched Petal's face! "REALLY? Come on petal, it is all you girls have been talking about and I knew about it almost immediately." He was laughing so hard as he shook his head. Sometimes petal was so knowledgeable but then other times she was just super silly.  Then thinking about the second part of the question he scratched his chin with his freshly painted nails. "Ummm good questions, lets seee.....there is a dress of Hailey I would get and then a wig I have been holding onto and this would be the perfect moment." He winked at petal with another deep laugh. The sight would be funny but he would so try it just to get in on this event they were having in the cabin. 

• Like 1

Petal burst into laughter at Finley's description of his slumber party disguise unable to contain the delight she felt at the idea. "Oh my gods, Fin! Hailey's dress and a wig? You're really committed to this, aren't you?" The mental image of her brother dolled up and attempting to blend in among the camp's female population was so outlandishly hilarious that she could barely contain herself. And yet, deep down, she knew Fin would pull it off just for the fun of it! That's what she loved about him; he was always down for an adventure, and his heart was ever in the right place—even if his methods were a little, well, unconventional!! She gently wiped a tear from her eye, the result of her uncontrollable laughter. "You know, as much as I'd love to see 'Finashia' make her grand debut, I think we might blow our cover. I mean, come on, even Aphrodite herself would struggle to make you look as gorgeous as me," she teased, tossing her hair back dramatically. The love and camaraderie between them was a bond that neither time nor distance could ever sever. And while they could tease and taunt each other endlessly in the end, they'd always have each other's backs.

Just then, Petal's thoughts flitted back to Finley's earlier words about Liam and Novalie. A mischievous glint sparkled in her eyes. "But speaking of upcoming events and potential love triangles...maybe we should keep a close eye on Liam and Novalie, eh? A little reconnaissance mission at tonight's bonfire might give us both the answers we're looking for." She winked at Finley. No matter what happened—be it drama, heartbreak, or divine interventions—she knew she'd always have her 'overprotective' brother beside her and that was a comforting thought.

• Like 1

Finley couldn't help but chuckle at Petal's reaction to his slumber party disguise plan. I mean in his defense he could so pull it off!!! With some makeup and the right clothes. BAM FINISHA would come to life baby!!!!  "Well, you know me, Petal. I'm always up for some fun and mischief," he replied with a mischievous grin. "But you're right, I'd probably stick out like a sore thumb. I guess I'll have to settle for crashing the party in my own unique way." He winked back at her. His sister was one that was always making sure he had a balance of fun but also not being super stupid. Which was a good thing as he was well known for the dumb things he did!

As Petal brought up the topic of Liam and Novalie, Finley's playful expression turned thoughtful. "I don't know if my luck is that good that the two of them are fighting or anything but if so I know when to swoop in" he said, intrigued by the idea of some covert investigation at the bonfire. "I guess a bit of detective work wouldn't hurt, and it might ease my worries about Liam. Let's make it a sibling mission, shall we? Who knows what we might uncover?" 

Important Information

Terms of Use