bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Unraveling Mysteries in Capture the Flag

Sage Roberts

Sage couldn't help but feel an overwhelming sense of curiosity. Being naturally inquisitive, she found herself irresistibly drawn to unraveling mysteries and uncovering secrets. Today was no exception as she found herself engaged in a fierce game of capture the flag with a new camper named Annie. Ever since Annie's arrival at camp, Sage's nosy nature had kicked into overdrive. She was determined to learn everything she could about the newcomer, and her investigative instincts had led her to compile a comprehensive file on Annie, complete with photographs. Sage couldn't resist the allure of a good mystery, especially when it involved someone she would be spending time with during the game.

As they stood together, guarding their team's flag in silence, Sage's mind raced with possible questions and observations to break the ice. She glanced at Annie, then looked back. It hadn't been too long ago when she caught Annie starring at Loukas. Were they friends? Or was there something more? Finally, unable to contain her curiosity any longer, Sage cleared her throat, breaking the silence. "So, Annie, how do you like camp so far?" she asked, hoping to initiate a conversation. 

@ Annie Hernandez

• Like 1

Annie couldn't bear the strange attentions that the girl was giving her, she observed her with an almost frightening curiosity, what does she want? The girl's name was Sage and she seemed very interested in Annie from the very beginning of her arrival at the camp, Boreas' daughter wasn't sure of the girl's real interests, but she was very nosy. "Huh? Well, I guess... Have you been here a long time?" Sage was trying to make conversation and Annie was focused only on the game, someone could be close to them and the girl wasn't very careful.

Annie was annoyed by the girl and her words reflected her feelings. Her spear cut the air in two and this made her look more menacing than she should have been, how much she longed to be more alone, at peace.

@ Sage Roberts

Edited by Annie Hernandez
  • Like 1

She picked up on the tension in the air but remained undeterred in her pursuit of understanding. Ignoring the subtle warning signs, Sage pressed on with her questions, hoping to break through Annie's icy facade. "Well, I've been here for a bit....meaning since I was twelve which was two years ago. ," Sage explained. As the game intensified, Sage couldn't help but to stare at Annie's skill with the spear. Her movements were swift and calculated, exuding a sense of power and determination. Sage wondered if there was more to Annie than met the eye. Despite the tension between them, she wanted to know as much as she could about her. That was when she saw someone come out of the woods "Okay you go left and I will right.....get them from both sides okay" he said to annie hoping she would listen to her. 

• Like 1

Annie had to admit, there were a few people who interested her in the field for various reasons and Sage had become one of them…two years, that seemed like a long time. Annie noticed that all of her body language inspired curiosity and a desire to understand, but understand what? Meanwhile the game was intensifying, come on maybe I could make an effort to collaborate with her... she thought to herself, obviously only for the purpose of winning but, as soon as she heard that rustle in the trees she immediately charged and didn't listen Sage's instructions. "It was too late... and then why should I go left?" she demanded she yelled at her while she was busy fighting the enemy, which after a while she managed to defeat by freezing him with her spear…she would untie them later. Annie was walking back to where Sage was when she saw another group approaching, "And why you didn't help m- oh perfect...."

• Like 1

Sage felt a surge of annoyance as Annie's frustration erupted. She could sense the tension building between them, and it made her own patience wear thin. Taking a deep breath, Sage tried to maintain her composure and address Annie's outburst. "I'm sorry, Annie. I was just trying to strategize and give us the best chance of defending the flag," Sage replied, her voice tinged with a hint of exasperation. She knew she had to stay focused on the game, but the mounting tension between them threatened to distract her.

As the new group approached, Sage's annoyance grew even more palpable. She felt a surge of frustration at Annie's accusation, her words echoing in her mind. Trying to push past her irritation, Sage took a moment to assess the situation. She quickly formulated a plan in her head, a way to overcome the incoming threat and prove her worth as a teammate. "Annie, we need to work together now more than ever. Let's put our differences aside and defend our flag as a team," Sage said firmly, hoping to rally Annie and salvage their chances of victory.

With determination in her eyes, Sage squared her shoulders and prepared to face the oncoming group. Despite the tension and annoyance that lingered between her and Annie, she understood the importance of unity in this critical moment. She hoped that through their actions and collaboration, they could bridge the gap and find a way to work together, even if it meant setting aside their differences for the sake of the game.

• Like 1

Annie stared at Sage with a bit of disbelief, while she was angry she was testing her ability to keep calm and Athena's daughter impressed her quite a bit. The tension between them was clear, it could be seen a mile away like cracks in a sheet of ice and probably even the opponents could hear her, that was a problem. "Mh, Sage, listen... you're not the first person I'd team up with, no one in this field would be, but I also understand that we have a flag to defend and one against five is suicide. This time, you can consider me on your side" an ironic grimace rested on her face for a few moments but then gave way to a more serious and prompt look. Sage undoubtedly exuded confidence and, Annie thought, her knowledge of her field could be useful in battle.

The daughter of Boreas then made a pact with herself and decided that for once she would be good to others, to earn a place in the field you had to demonstrate that you were powerful and what better demonstration than a victory.  The temperature dropped a few degrees as Annie's will to win rose. They were sure that even Sage no matter how exasperated she was, she felt ready to win and perhaps having a daughter of Athena as her companion would not have been a complete disaster.

"I'm waiting... have you got a plain Your Highness?"

• Like 1

Sage locked eyes with Annie, acknowledging the shift in their dynamic. Despite the initial tension, she recognized Annie's willingness to cooperate, even if begrudgingly. A flicker of a smile touched Sage's lips as she appreciated the unexpected alliance forming between them. "I'm glad you're on board, Annie. We'll make a formidable team," she replied, her voice laced with determination and a touch of amusement at Annie's ironic remark. Taking a moment to assess the battlefield, Sage quickly formulated a plan in her mind, ready to share it with Annie. However, before she could articulate her strategy, the sudden eruption of action cut through the air. The opposing team launched a surprise attack, catching them off guard. Instinct kicked in, and Sage's mind shifted into combat mode. "Maybe if you say it like that I could think better...why are you always like this???"  They came in before she could even get a plan out of her mouth. All Sage could do was begin to fight with her sword. Taking on 3 of the opposite team while a few others went for Annie.

• Like 1

Sage's fighting mode also lifted Annie's spirits as she found the whole fight challenging. Her pulse quickened, it was a new sensation she felt and for a moment, with the wind and the forest surrounding her, she felt free… of course her joy didn't last though as half of the group piled on Sage and the rest on her. Annie speared them at specific points so she could get them out of the way as quickly as possible and the more she fought the more frost formed on the ground, making the soft grass more slippery, it took her a while to get rid of them all but eventually her opponents were knocked out. Sage seemed well taken too, but wait, a son of Ares was about to attack her from behind "Look out!" he yelled at her and for a moment wanted to throw a gust of wind at him to blow him away but a small voice in her mind told her that she was wrong to underestimate Sage, she would easily get away with it, Annie was sure.

• Like 1

Sage's focus sharpened as the battle ensued, her sword clashing against the enemy's weapons with precision and skill. She deflected their attacks, swiftly countering with calculated strikes. The thrill of combat coursed through her veins, heightening her senses and pushing her to her limits. Her heart pounded in her chest, a mix of exhilaration and determination fueling her every move.  Amidst the chaos, Annie's voice cut through the cacophony, a warning of impending danger. Sage's instincts kicked in, and without a second thought, she swiftly spun around, narrowly evading the incoming attack from the son of Ares. A surge of gratitude washed over her for Annie's timely intervention. Their teamwork, born out of necessity, was beginning to solidify. That was when she noticed someone trying to slowly sneak up on the flag while her and annie were fighting. "Annie the flag" she said as she rolled out of the way from the next blow. 

• Like 1

Annie could feel that Sage knew her stuff and the girl proved it by fending off the son of Ares' blow on such short notice, her skill with weapons was fantastic and she undoubtedly oozed determination. She was sure of herself and of her abilities and perhaps their strange partnership wasn't going badly, in fact, it seemed like they had been fighting with her for much longer. While she was thinking she heard Sage's call and quickly closed the distance between her and the flag to better protect her, she decided to surround the ground immediately next to the flag with a low wall of ice and deal with whoever would pick her up. "You leave it to me here! You can trust me." She gave Sage a resolute look and hers was worth a thousand words to Annie, it gave her the promise of her loyalty until the end of the battle, not before or after, only during it.

"Do you want me to do something, just ask."  and meanwhile she sent another raider to the ground, she tried to calm her heartbeat and stay colder, warming up in battles was never a good option and didn't allow her to think clearly as she would have liked.  She honestly didn't know how she would deal with Sage after the game, but she felt lucky to have her on the team, she was a huge help.

• Like 1

Sage's eyes widened with a mixture of surprise as Annie swiftly sprang into action, erecting a protective ice wall around the flag. The daughter of Athena couldn't help but feel excitement as the younger girl listened to her. Maybe they had not seen eye to eye all the time but in this moment, Annie was holding her own. With the flag safeguarded, Sage could focus on the remaining opponents, her determination burning stronger than ever.  Sage knew she could rely on Annie to hold her ground and defend the flag with unwavering resolve. She felt a renewed sense of purpose, her mind buzzing with strategic possibilities.

As the battle raged on, Sage's movements became more fluid, each swing of her sword executed with precision and intent. She deflected attacks, launched calculated strikes, and swiftly incapacitated opponents. Knocking them to the ground. Some of them might need an Apollo camper later as they were knocked out maybe for a while. "Nah I am good but that was a tough one....thanks for getting the flag...I thought they had us" she said dusting herself off from her own fight. Feeling her adrenaline still rushing. 

• Like 1

Sage had become a war machine and Annie was sure of this: Athena's daughter had managed, in a short time, to defeat all the remaining rivals with little or no effort, she knew her stuff and every second that passed made her more excited about the game. That feeling of excitement was what inspires Annie, that made her believe that there was something more inside Sage, not just curiosity but genuine uncontainable happiness.

Annie looked at her with amazement and a veiled admiration (she was careful not to show the latter), the daughter of Boreas went towards her Sage and gave her hand since she did not see or hear anyone else coming. "You were good, I admit it, I understood why you are Athena's daughter" and I don't know if it's good or bad, maybe you're scaring me a little, but along with that also sympathy. Let's not expand though, you still seem nosy to me. The two warriors had defended the flag for a long time and Annie was satisfied with their work but now she wanted her teammates to hurry up and find the opposing flag.

"And really there's no need to say thank you, I just followed your plan, which wasn't this bad" and that iconic smirk in her fece riappered, but it was genuine.

• Like 1

Sage's heart swelled with a mix of emotions....on the one hand she hadn't ever gotten along with annie. Currently she was saying something nice about her. Part of her wanted to trust her but then there was still so much to know about her.  She could feel the weight of the battle dissipating, leaving behind a sense of accomplishment and camaraderie. Her gaze shifted towards Annie.  She accepted Annie's outstretched hand, their hands briefly clasping in a gesture of respect and camaraderie. A small smile tugged at the corners of Sage's lips, her excitement still coursing through her veins. "Thanks, Annie. You held your ground too, those were some good moves....where did you learn those?" she replied.  The acknowledgment from someone who initially seemed so distant and aloof carried a deeper meaning for Sage. It signified a bridge being built, a connection formed through their shared triumph and reliance on each other in battle. That was when she got an idea "What plan should we have next? I mean the next wave of people will be here sooner than later" she said looking at her with a nod. 

• Like 1

Perhaps the camaraderie had influenced her a little too much, let's be clear: she still didn't like Sage, she found it hard to trust, but she has to say that at that moment, having her in a fight wasn't bad, that handshake was a temporary truce, because, even though she didn't like Sage, he had a lot of respect for her and was good with weapons. Annie kept looking around to see other people: "Surely more will come... do you have a plan or do we go haphazard like before?". Her gaze returned to Sage as she answered and then she checked her body for cuts or wounds.

Sage's question about her abilities however made her stiffen slightly and her gaze narrowed as she touched her back looking for cuts, she didn't feel comfortable talking about her past, especially with her, she tried to avoid the conversation however giving an answer: "Well, the streets teach a lot, but the lessons in the field aren't bad either, and you? Did you already know how to fight like this?".

• Like 1

The question about her own abilities made Sage pause for a moment, her mind drifting back to her own training at Camp Half-Blood and the countless battles she had faced. She considered how much she wanted to reveal, knowing that trust was a fragile thing between them. "I've had my fair share of training at Camp," she replied, choosing her words carefully. "I've been in a few battles before with monsters and other demi-gods, but this one... it's different." She couldn't deny the exhilaration she felt, the rush of adrenaline and the clarity that came with each swing of her sword.

Annie's question about their next plan snapped Sage back to the present, refocusing her attention on the task at hand. She scanned the surroundings, contemplating their options. "We need to regroup with the others," she said, her voice firm and decisive. "We can't let our guard down. I suggest we form a defensive perimeter around the flag and wait for our teammates to join us. Once we're together, we'll devise a new strategy to secure the opposing flag." She met Annie's gaze, her eyes conveying a mix of determination. Sage turned her attention to the wounds Annie might have sustained during the battle. "Are you injured?" she asked, concern evident in her voice. 

• Like 1

"You know, I don't think I would ever say that but, you're right... this battle is different, even if I can't tell you exactly why, let's just say I feel it." And it was true, he felt his chest vibrate and her heart beat faster as the joy of battle propelled her forward, she had never felt such a sensation and it was quite new to her, but she loved it. She then heard Sage's answer about her "training" and decided not to go any further, their trust was fragile and it seemed that even she didn't like talking about the past, she understood it very well and probably it was like this for almost all the rest of the Camp. A rustle of wind, however, forced her to listen to the words about planning: "A perimeter? Yes, that could work, where do you want us to position ourselves ... and by the way you're right about waiting, but I have a feeling someone else will come." ahead of our comrades, stay alert."

She gave her opinion of her as she continued to feel her back and then, recklessly touching her collarbone: "Ah! Yeah, it's a nick here, but it's okay, don't worry... thanks for your interest anyway." And maybe the cut was slightly bigger than she wanted to let on, but the pain wasn't what she worried about. Why was Sage worried about her?

• Like 1

Sage listened attentively to Annie's response, her eyes narrowing slightly as she detected a hint of something deeper beneath her words. It was as if Annie was on the verge of saying something more, but she decided not to press further. There was still an air of mystery surrounding the daughter of Boreas, and Sage couldn't help but be curious. However, she respected Annie's boundaries and chose to focus on their present situation. Sage nodded at Annie's agreement to form a defensive perimeter, appreciating her understanding of the tactical advantage it could provide. "Let's position ourselves on opposite sides of the flag," she suggested, her voice steady and authoritative. "That way, we'll have a wider range of vision and can cover each other's blind spots. Stay vigilant, Annie. We can't afford any surprises." As she settled into her defensive positions, Sage's gaze lingered on Annie for a moment, her concern still evident. She couldn't quite understand why she felt compelled to look out for her, but there was something about Annie's resilience and determination that resonated with her.

Sage focused on the task at hand, scanning the perimeter for any signs of approaching opponents. She couldn't shake the feeling that their teammates were taking longer than expected, and her instincts told her that they needed to be on high alert. As she glanced over at Annie, she couldn't help but feel a flicker of gratitude for her willingness to stand by her side and fight. They may not have started off on the best terms, but in this battle, they had found an unexpected bond.

Important Information

Terms of Use