bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Amelia and her heritage

Walking in with Steve, Amelia stops and takes a stuffed bear out of one of her suitcases. "Steve, I'm scared," she says while cuddling her bear. Steve looks at her reassuringly and pats her on the back, "Follow my lead and you'll be fine." he says. As she arrives at the Big House her heart begins to beat hard and fast. Thoughts begin to race and she anxiously awaits for answers on her heritage.

Lilythe could hear the familiar sound of the front porch steps creaking, followed shortly by the front door swinging open. She smiled as she heard an unknown voice. A new camper. "I'll be right there! Make yourself at home." She called from the kitchen towards the front of the house. Lilythe poured a couple glasses of lemonade and threw together a plate of cookies before following through with her promise. Placing the beverages and cookies onto a tray, Lilythe walked herself into the front room.

"Welcome to Camp Half-Blood. I'm Lilythe, one of the cabin leaders here at the camp. I'm sure you're tired and have a ton of questions." She said sweetly, and placed the tray down on the table before the girl. Grabbing one of the glasses of lemonade, she took a sip and sat in a chair opposite the couch the young girl sat upon. "Please feel free to relax, have a cookie or two, and drink some lemonade. I'm here to answer any questions you might have. And when you're ready I can show you the camp." Lilythe said with a smile.

"Thanks," Amelia says with a nervous smile. She walks in still holding tightly to her stuffed bear and takes a seat. She takes a glass of lemonade and drinks as she tries to think of a question. "So, what is Camp Half-blood?" she was somewhat aware of satyrs since Steve had explained it to her before. Steve had left her 2 suitcases nearby and left. "And will I be ok here? I miss my mom.

Lilythe could hear the nerves in the poor girl's voice. She had seen it several times over the years. Campers often arrived scared and unsure, things had changed so suddenly and they found themselves having to come to terms with a whole new reality in a matter of minutes. It was overwhelming to say the least. "Pleasure to meet you. I'm sorry, I forgot to ask your name. What should I call you, dear?" She said with a reassuring smile. 

Settling into her chair, Lilythe nodded as the young girl asked her question. Grabbing her lemonade, she took a sip. There was a lot of information she was going to have to go over. She could tell. The satyr must not have had much time with the girl, or perhaps the girl hadn't thought to ask him anything. Lilythe had no way of knowing what had occurred on their trip after all. "It'll just be a lot to take in. You might want to get comfortable."

"This is a camp for half-bloods. We're the half-mortal children of the Greek Gods. Demigods. I run Cabin 11, the Hermes Cabin, and that happens to also be where you'll be staying for the night since we don't know who your godly parent is. Hermes is the god of travellers, so we house those of you who are 'travelling' until your parent claims you." She sat back in her chair. She paused here, knowing that it would take a minute for that to truly process and sink in. "Out there, beyond the camp, there are monsters. Heaps of them. Monsters that mortals can't see, but we can. And to them we smell like the most delicious cake you've ever tasted. Here, at Camp Half-Blood, we train half-bloods to be heroes so that you can protect yourself from the monsters out there in the mortal world." Lilythe grabbed a cookie and nibbled on it while letting that information process. This was going to be a shock to her system, Lilythe guessed. She was fairly certain Amelia hadn't been told anything before arriving.

Lilythe said. "It's okay... I know this is a lot of information and a really big change. But you're safe here. And you can decide whether you want to stay. But, I promise you're safe here." And she truly meant it. Things hadn't happened to the campers at Camp Half-Blood in nearly 10 years now. She truly hoped and believed that the worst days were behind them. "Would you like to know more about the camp?"

"I'd love to," Amelia answers feeling slightly more calm. So she's a halfblood, she thought to herself. She looked at Lilythe and took another cookie. "My name is Amelia, but everyone calls me Amy. " She stood up and carefully looked around the room. Holding her stuffed bear tight she took a deep breath, "Is it ok if you... If you'd be ok showing me around the camp. Please?" she asks not sure if she did it the right way. She felt safe with Lilythe and was ready to see the rest of the camp. 

"Pleased to meet you Amelia." Lilythe smiled as the young girl seemed to be ready to see the campground now. She knew that, much like some of the other campers before them, the poor girl probably hadn't really had much of a stable place to call home that felt safe. She had worked with that before, and would for as long as she was at Camp Half-Blood. Lilythe stood up from her seat. "This is The Big House. We're a bit literal here sometimes." Lilythe chuckled. "We always have a cabin leader up here to help greet new campers, and generally help Mr. D with things." She paused briefly before continuing. "Mr. D is the Dionysus. Greek god of Wine, Parties, and Madness. If you respect nobody else here, I'd recommend respecting him--no matter how disrespectful he is to you--or else you may very well find yourself turned into a strawberry plant." That was not an exaggeration. Mr. D was not exactly fond of the half-bloods to begin with, and any excuse to turn them into a plant was taken up at every opportunity. "And no, I'm not kidding."

Lilythe moved out to the porch and gestured towards the campgrounds. "Over there are the volleyball courts. And that building is for Arts and Crafts." Lilythe pointed to the courts and the greek-looking buildings off to the east of the house. "To the west are the strawberry fields, and only some of those plants are former campers." Lilythe said with a smile as she started walking down the steps, taking strides towards the grounds. As she walked up the trail, she gestured. "Over there are the Forge. The Hephaestus kids spend a lot of time there. Though anyone's welcome to help them." The young girl might be the arts and crafts type, or maybe some metalwork would be up their alley. It was good to have a hobby around here, because things could get really boring otherwise when there weren't quests or events happening. "Behind the forge are the Pegasus stables and to the north is the Armory." Lilythe kept walking along the path, letting Amelia follow her. "Up ahead we have the Arena where we practice our combat skills, and then just beyond that are the cabins. In the middle of all our cabins is a large bonfire. We gather every night before bed, sing some songs, roast marshmallows, and sometimes the godly parents claim their kids. And the showers are to the east of the cabins, and the mess hall is to the north."

Lilythe stopped along the path and gestured further up. "If you follow the path you come to a lake where we do some canoeing, the forest where we play capture the flag will be to the northwest of the cabins, and beyond the lake further up the path will be the Amphitheater and the Climbing Wall. The path ends at a beach, where the Long Island Sound is." Lilythe turned back around and faced the boys. "While you're here we'll train you to be heroes. So that you can protect yourself against the monsters that hunt you simply because you smell like the gods. You're not trapped here. You can leave at any time to return home if you like--or you can get permission if you just want to go on a day trip into the city. But we have a magic boundary that helps protect us from the monsters here, and it's a safe place for you for as long as you want it." She offered a warm smile to her temporary companion. "I know it may not feel like it yet, but I hope one day it feels like home." She genuinely meant it. After the wars, Lilythe had worked hard to foster an environment around camp that helped support one another and really keep the place safe for everyone. When she took over Cabin 11 from her half-brother Conner when he left to follow Travis at college, Lilythe had doubled those efforts to ensure that every camper had a warm welcome. Even the ones that were more rough around the edges. "You will be staying with me in Cabin 11, where the 'travellers' and children of Hermes reside, until your parent claims you. But I have a feeling your parent will claim you soon. You look like you'll be 13 soon, and they have to claim you before then." She reassured the young girl. "Do you have any questions before I turn you loose?"

"I do have one. Where could I go to practice ballet positions and movements? And is there a music spot with instruments?" she asks curiously. She made small mental notes in her head of the different places and what Lilythe had told her. "So here's what I need to remember. Don't get on Mr. D's bad side. There's an arts and crafts building where I can draw and do artsy things. There's a forge. I'm not sure if I'll go there, but maybe I might, I don't know. Arena? I don't know how I'll ever be comfortable fighting. That looks too hard. Campfire. I like camping. And I might get claimed there. And I don't have to stay here forever. I don't know what to think about that."  A million thoughts flooded her mind as she thought of the new environment.

Amelia fairly quiet during the tour. Lilythe wasn't going to complain, it was a nice relief from some of the more obnoxious campers she gave a tour to. So she just kept walking and giving the tour. It came as no surprise, however, when after the tour was over there were questions. Though, she had to admit that the question she asked was one Lilythe hadn't heard before. "Not exactly. I suppose you could try to use the amphitheater, it's the closest thing to a stage. But we won't have a barre or private studio to use at all." She said in reply to Amelia's question. 

"So, just a reminder... You'll be staying with me in Cabin 11 tonight and until you're claimed. Your parent will claim you before your 13th birthday. While you're with me, I'll treat you just like I do all my half-brothers and half-sisters. You're family. If your parent isn't my dad, then after you leave? You're still family. Just changes you to being a cousin instead." Lilythe truly thought of all her campers as family, for the most part. "So you can always come find me if you need anything." She said with a smile. "But for now, sounds like you're ready to go adventure for a bit. We'll all meet at the bonfire after dinner. So I'll see you then!" And she gestured towards the camp letting them know they were free to head off if they wanted. She would linger around for a bit just in case they decided they had questions after all.

" Yes definitely. Thanks for making me at home. You're the first person to ever make me feel normal. At home, no one seems to think I'm normal. My mom and stepdad worry a lot about me. My grandparents think I'm faking it and my step-grandparents worry about my ability to adapt to the world. If it's ok, I'll tour around for a bit. " she replies with a small smile forming on her face. She liked Lilythe and hoped to meet more people as kind as she was. Maybe she'll finally feel like she belongs and finally get the answer to a question that had been forming since Steve had brought her here. Who's my godly parent? Will I ever survive this change in my life? I'm still confused, but I won't bother anyone right now. Can't be annoying. Amy thinks to herself.  This was terrifying and confusing to her. She knew that things were going to change, but she wasn't sure if she was ready for that. Besides, she was never good with changes or anything new. Hopefully with the help of her stuffed animals, she would get used to the place.

Lilythe gave the girl a soft comforting smile. "I'm happy to hear that I've made you feel welcome and accepted." That was one of her biggest goals with the new campers that came through her doors. Since almost every camper would spend at least one night in the Hermes cabin, she was one of the first people of authority that new campers met. If she created an atmosphere that was uninviting then it would make the camp as a whole seem unwelcoming. That wouldn't do for ensuring the safety of demigods! So she always tried her best to be as welcoming as possible. It was a relief to hear that it was working!

"Feel free to have a tour around the grounds as much as you want! Just make sure you don't forget to grab dinner and head to the bonfire tonight." Lilythe gestured towards the camp in an effort to give visual permission to go explore. It was great that Amy wanted to look around. After all, she would be living here for however long she decided to. It was only smart to get to know the place. "I'll be up at The Big House if you need anything before then."

~~~~~~~~~ END RP ~~~~~~~~~

Important Information

Terms of Use