bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Doesn't fear count as a weapon?

Cora Laine

Cora had always relied on her powers; she didn't start learning how to fight with any kind of weapon; until coming to camp. The problem was she didn't like any of the weapons that they had at camp to practice with. She hated training at this point because she doesn't want to use any of them. Instead, she constantly tells the cabin leaders that her fear works as the best weapon. She finally caved but said she wanted to find a weapon that would fit her, and her alone. She didn't want anyone else to use it. She liked to be unique. So, she was pointed to the Hephaestus cabin to talk with one of those campers. She really hopes one will be able to make her idea she is thinking of. 

Arriving at the Hephaestus cabin Cora walks in and looks around "Hello, anyone here?" she questions as she looks around the common area of the cabin, she had never been in this one, it was pretty cool looking. 

Devon had woken up early to worked on something in the forge. He had a great idea he wanted to write down and work on so he got up extra early to get a heard start. So when he got back he took a shower and then took a nap before lunch. When he a heard ladies voice that shook him awake and he would quickly put pants on and a white tank top to go out there and say “have you heard of knocking? You know we like to place traps and shit around. However how are you doing? If you are here you would like something forged or built. so which is it? Miss? I am not good with names. I am Devon.” He would look at her and then say “ I have definitely seen you around before but I do not really remember much. No offense it’s not you I prefer machines and metal to most humans. But what would you like built ship, weapons, armor. Remember no magical effects but I am fairly smart and can use science to make it seem like magic.” He would laugh a little. Then wait for a response.

Cora turns toward the voice and laughs "Knock, what's that?" she questions with a smirk playing a crossed her lips. Walking over to the guy that just appeared, stopping right in front of him, he puts her hand on her hip and looks him up and down. "Hmmm well aren't you in such a rush! What if I just wanted to chat for a bit?" she loved to be a smart ass when the opportunity presented itself. This weird guy was actually kind of cute, and his attitude intrigued Cora, her aura was down; as she was pretty relaxed, so of course he might not run off screaming. "In some kind of rush? I was just admiring the interior, it looks nice!" she comments stalling anyway she could just to bug the guy. She had seen him around the camp, but she didn't really know he was either, he had introduced himself, but she didn't know his name. "I'm Cora" she smiled finally introducing herself. 

She rolled her eyes has he went into a speech about what he can and cannot do "Ya, Ya, I'm not after anything magical anyways, I just wanted something a little more unique than most of the weapons around here" she said as she tried to think how she was going to describe it. "I want a form of a dagger, that I can hold between my fingers" she tells him "Do you think you can do that?" she says in a teasing voice.

“So you want a push dagger instead of something that slices? To each their own. Well we are not close enough for this to be a favor I don’t think. So what are you going to offer in exchange for this blade? Coin is fine but if you have anything else material wise that is better. I am not too picky. ” He would scoff at her asking if could make that. “I can probably put something together. Here follow me I need my drawing paper and the list of what materials I have to use. Also if I am going to go back to the forge I should probably change out of sweatpants and t-shirt. Do you have any idea what metal you want? Celestial bronze will cost extra.” He would then look through his desk and find a piece of paper and draw this push dagger with lions heads on it and the symbol for Phobos which was a lowercase phi with a tail on it. And show her the dark ironwood as a handle. He would then say “how does that look?” And if she approved he would say ok just wait over here I am going to change. And he would go change into something more forge worthy. “When do you want this done by?”

Cora eyes were still wondering, he was pretty good looking. As she listened to him speak, he named the knife she was wanting and her eyes shot back to his "Ya a push dagger!" she exclaims, "those look pretty cool, and being able to get right up close and personal to my enemies is so much more fun" she continues. As she follows Devon toward a small desk, she thought about what he had said for payment. Materials? What kind of materials would she have that he would want, she thought to herself, pondering. Looking down at her shirt, she grabs the shirt tugging it slightly "you mean material like this?" she questions him. She was so new to any of this she had no idea, what a Hephaestus camper would even want. He started talking about going to the forge and changing, and then rambled about what kind of material he would need to use "Umm I guess, whatever material you think will work best" she comments with her head tilted up to look at him, with a smile. 

Just then he walks off, assuming he went to change, she smirked and her thoughts got the best of her, she wanted to see and as far as she could tell he had just walked around the corner through a door opening, assuming it was his room, she inched closer to the door and peeked in. Her eye went wide seeing his abs, "Damn!" she says under her breath but louder than she meant for it to me. But she doesn't move, she was just a little to intrigued. 

Once he was changed though, she moved away from the door hoping he didn't see her. Taking a breath when all he asked was “When do you want this done by?” she smiled up at him with a slight blush, "However long it takes you, hey would you care if I watched you?" she questioned with a sly smirk playing a crossed her face.

“Well if that works for you, let's get her going. Are you any good at fighting? Or do you just rely on powers like some of the others? Oh well I have been here for a few years now. Training and working on stuff it's pretty fun after all.” she would ask what materials he would like and ask if her shirt would do. “Unless it is made of magical fabric you can keep your shirt on but that's up to you. But I mean I would have preferred things like electronics, gold, diamonds, you know, useful things. Oh well I am sure you are good for it. I think what I told you would work with celestial bronze and ironwood, maybe something to make it a little more comfortable in the hands.” he would get his work clothes on and notice that she was peeking around the corner. “If you were going to watch me change I might as well have done it out there.” he would laugh a little and say “let's head over to the forge.” He would lead the way and try to make some small talk and as they got closer he would say “It is about to get warm. The forge is going to be super hot so stay next to a window and away from the fire. Also any papers, blueprints or items please don’t touch them unless you know what they do. I have made a lot of contraptions and weapons. Also ignore the metal horse. ” As they walked in Devon would just throw some fire into the forge to get it started. Controlling the flame to get it to the right temperature using his pyrokinesis. He would grab his tools and grab a piece of bronze to start shaping. He would be working hammering away and the sweat would be dripping down his chiseled face. “Whew break time.” he would grab some water and take a drink.

Cora laughed a small blush when he makes his comment, realizing that he had noticed she was looking. "Oh, I wouldn't have opposed" she says with a smirk. As they walked toward the forge Cora answered his question, "Well, I love my power don't get me wrong, it so much fun to listen to the screams of others" she says with a wicked grin on her face. She truly loved it, her voice dropped as she continued "as for fighting with a weapon, I've never been good at it, plus I don't like any of the weapons here, they just don't feel right in my hands. I do like hand-to-hand combat, so I want something that gets me close to them." As they walked, she tried to think of anything she had that would be worth Devon's while for this dagger he was making her, but she really didn't have anything he was talking about, she was pretty simple when it came to possessions, she had her clothes, one stuffed animal from when she was a little girl, and she one piece of jewelry that was he moms, so she isn't willing to part with it. 

"So, I guess I just need to pay you, because I don't have anything you're asking for" she says in a nonchalant voice, as they reached the forge, she listened to what Devon had to say but she definitely wasn't one to listen, as he started the forge, Cora was walking around looking at all the different things "Ya, ya, got it" she tells him dismissively. When he started to walk on her knife though, she stopped to watch, her eyes roaming, watching every muscle in his body moving, the sweat dripping making him look even more attractive. She jumped not realizing how long she had been staring, when Devon stopped what he was doing to grab some water, "Damn that looks hard" she says acting as if she was just watching what he was doing, and not just his body. 

As he laughs and Cora answers saying she would not have minded if Devon changed out there you would see his face turn a bright red. He was not used to this kind of attention and he was not sure how he felt about it. He felt awkward as he usually did. And would quickly try to change the subject and get them going towards the forge. She would begin talking about her powers and especially when she talked about her enjoying peoples screams to which he would reply “well, that’s not creepy at all. It’s all good though I enjoy fire and playing with it. I also usually like machines and weapons over people. It is ok not to be good at fighting. I was trained since nine to work on my abilities and fighting. So I am alright at fighting.” This was a lie he was better than he thought especially being able to mix his pyrokinesis, his machines, and his fighting techniques allows him to compete with even ares campers. Granted he has to use all of those in synchronicity to compete. “You will have to test out the dagger, I am not too worried but you can use a fighting dummy. You can see how it goes.” “I am not too worried about it. I am sure we will come to an arrangement. A few coins is fine. It is not that much bronze and it’s not going to be that hard. Just keep your ears open about materials like that, especially from the Hermes cabin.” They would finally get to the forge and he would reiterate that some of that stuff is dangerous. And would continue to make the dagger. Not really noticing her staring at his muscles and body as he worked. He would drink the water and use his hand and kind of look like a Jedi and put the fire out in his forge while he talks to Cora. He would take a drink and say “It definitely can be hard work. But when you love what you do you never work a day in your life right. But I have probably another half hour to an hour of forging then start the sharpening and maybe put some more details and flare on it. Then comes the quench and I will be done so I’d say 2 maybe 3 hours of work left. And then you can have your dagger. Does that work?” After drinking a bunch of water he would look at the forge and start a fire by looking at it and making it hotter and ready for the last of forging and would continue to work.

Cora laughed at the blush that flushes his cheeks, with a smirk. He had talked a lot on the way to the forge that she could barely get a word in, and then he started on getting things ready and working on a part of the dagger. Once he took a break she took a moment as she admired his body, but jolted back to reality, smiling she continued their conversation from on the way into here, "I would love to use a test dummy, and ya I do have a weird sense of humor and things that I like, but hey its who I am" she laughs, she knew the comment she had made was creepy, and she was used to being called creepy among other things. She thought it was really cool what he could do, "I would love to see you in battle!" she exclaims with a small smile playing a crossed her face. The pyrokinesis was pretty cool all on its own, she would love to see it all working together out of the forge being used as a weapon. "See, powers can be great for battle, not just weapons" she says with a giggle.

Telling her it might take two to three hours, she shrugged her shoulders and smiled "I guess I better pull up a seat, I wanna see this" she says with a smile spreading ear to ear, "I, umm, mean, if you don't mind me watch you" she comments with an innocent look upon her face.

“You’re not wrong, powers have a lot of uses. But it can also be abused. Can’t it from what I’ve heard” he would say as he was wiping some of the soot off his face. He would laugh a little because he had heard some rumors but he did not really care to listen to the rumors and did not give them much cadence. He would then continue “battle hey? I try to avoid it as much as possible but I keep up with all my training you know just incase us magical peeps gotta look out, we seem to be the target a lot. I guess I ought to get back to it. You can stay as long as you would like.” He would go on to continue forging and then he would start sharpening and the last shaping of the blade. He would finish it off it took a little longer then he thought and would finish with one last good polish and say “Alright Cora I have finally finished that blade just have to rivet and put the wood handle on it.” Once he did that he would hand it to her and say “so how is the weight and the balance of the blade? It is working alright if you need me to take some off let me know.” After she answered he would continue and say “If you hand me that bronze looking pipe we can head over to the training arena and you can practice on some dummies. Once you actually get something worth trading I can attach or build you stuff with gizmos and things.” He would press one of the many buttons that were on it and a full spear would spring out. “After you”

Important Information

Terms of Use