bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

The Application Process: Guide and Sign-Ups

Lilythe

Admin

The Application Process: A Guide

It can be pretty daunting looking at our applications and wondering how to go about approving, pending, etc. an application. So I'm hoping I can make a guide that you will find easy to work with to understand the process. Just follow the steps below.

Step by Step!

First Person to Review this Application?

Step 1: Check the Applications Forum for new "Ready For Review" threads. They will be show a Salmon Pink prefix. Go to the oldest posted one that is not your own and open it up. Staff may not review their own apps, not even Lilythe. If there are only 2 staff members, then a staff member's application only requires the approval of the other member.

So far, so good, right? Pretty easy!

Step 2: Place the app "Under Review" by hitting the "edit" button on the bottom of the "Under Review Applicatons" post. Edit the post by copying any existing pair and making the cursive one the name of the app you're reviewing and the standard font below your name with an & after it and "???" next to it to show that you're waiting for a second.

Still with me? Good!

Step 3: To change the Prefix so everyone knows the app is Under Review, enter the application and scroll to the bottom. At the bottom there will be an option that says "Moderation Actions" and select "Under Review" and "yes" when it prompts if you really want to do that.

All good so far? Great!

Step 4: Come back here and use the code in the next section to ask for someone to be the second. Simply paste the code and reply below. Someone else will respond saying that they second it. You may also want to post a link to the application in the staff Discord for faster results.

Still with me? See it's not so hard!

Step 5: Await your second. If you haven't gotten a response in 48 hours for someone to second with you please add @ ★Lilythe  to your review, PM her with the Application and your initial thoughts, and message or text her to let her know you need an emergency app review. She will get on within 24 hours to do it! However, if someone gets to you within 48 hours, huzzah!

Well what does the Second do?

Step 1: If you see an "Under Review" application with the light blue prefix, make sure you're checking the Under Review Applications thread, and this thread, to see if someone needs a second. If you see one, edit the tab to add your name beside theirs to claim it and respond here to let us know you're on the case.

Pretty simple so far, right?

Step 2: Send a PM titled: "Application Review: NAME" where "NAME" is the name of the person you're reviewing, to the Staff member you're seconding.

That's the last step before we start the next phase!

Working Together

Step 1: Once both people are in the e-mail, you should discuss the application. Talk about its strong parts and any deficits you see that need correcting. If the application has no deficits that you see, you can motion to approve it. If both members feel it should be approved, move to step 3. If anyone feels it needs improvements, move to step 2.

Step 2: So there were some problems? Not a big deal! Simply write a letter informing them what needs to be corrected. It's always nice if you can start out with some things you think they're doing well: i.e. "I really like what you wrote for their history" or "You did a great job of explaining why they are afraid of water", etc. After that you can gently explain what needs correcting and send the PM. Proceed to step 3.

Step 3: Now you'll adjust the app to reflect your decision. Have one person (decide in your PM who) edit the application you're reviewing and change the Prefix to "Approved", "Pending, or "Denied" as appropriate using the moderator actions. Denials are reserved for people who have tried multiple attempts and don't seem to be understanding how to improve. All denials should be run through @Lilythe first. This can be done using the same "Moderation Actions" tab and selecting either "Approved" or "Pending" (@Lilythe will manually deny any applications herself).

Step 4: If you approved the application, remove their name from the review list. If you put it in pending, please leave it there so we know who needs to review it again once it's ready. That way they can be held to the same standards they were the first time, rather than dealing with potentially 2 new views on their application and having to correct even further.

Second Request Form

Application Link: HERE
I NEED A SECOND!

Sample Pending Letter

Hello! Before I respond, I want to tell you that you're off to a great start. You have a unique character and I really like the ideas you have on paper. There are just some canon snafu's and minor consistency issues we have to clear up.

History:

• Your character would have attended Hogwarts during the events of Cursed Child if they were 60 years old. His first year was during Albus Severus Potter's 4th year.
    • It is likely they would have noticed at least one major event from the primary timeline.

So now you'll want to make the appropriate edits. We look forward to seeing what you come up with! Your application, all in all, was very well done, and we're certain with the edits it will be perfect!

Sincerely,
~Lilythe & OtherStaffMember

Admin

@ ★DUDEITSBRITT  I'm your second.

@ ★ShadowsOverScotland  you've got both JC and I

@ ★J.C.  I'm your second.

Admin

Application Link: 

I NEED A SECOND!

Admin

@ ★J.C.  I gotcha :3 

Important Information