bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Kenna Rhys Entrance

Kenna Rhys

Kenna was running for her life. The teacher she had known for the past year just attacked her and jeffery had saved her. The last day was playing in her mind as jeffery said she needed to go to Half Blood Hill. What was that? She had never heard of such a place in her life. He said it was a place for demi gods which she had no clue what that was. School had not been her strong suit but working with her hands was.  As they made it out of the city the two of them had little to no sleep as they made their way to new york. It was a bit aways from north carolina. Tired and hungry she had fought off monster like real life monster as the two of them made their way across the states. She was just thinking she would never make it or if her family would even miss her. As she didn't get to say goodbye. Well her siblings would not care but her mom would. 

Making it to the hill, jeffery said that they had made it. That is when she heard a sound behind her. Turning her head she saw a harpy bearing its claws at her. It was saying you will not make it little demi god. Scared for her life she reached inside her pocket and found some paper clips. Pulling them out she began to build a little weapon to protect herself. She was standing to fight when Jeffery pulled her away. The two of them had crossed the hill and made it to half blood hill or that was what jeffery said. Still shaking with the paper clip contraption in her hand she was shown to the big house. Looking up she was curious but also nervous. Was she a demi god? What did that even mean? 

Walking into the house she looked around "Hello is anyone there?"

• Like 1

Lilythe was just getting back into the routine of welcoming campers. She had baked some chocolate chip cookies and placed them out to cool. They had just finished getting put on the serving plate when Lilythe heard the door open. "I'll be right out!" Lilythe grabbed the plate of cookies and the pitcher of lemonade. "Meet me in the living room, it's just to the left." Is it sad that I know the layout of this house so well? Sticking a couple of solo cups on top of the cookies she made her way out to the living room with the plate in one hand and lemonade in the other. 

As she entered the living room, Lilythe smiled at the new camper. "I'm Lilythe. I'll bet you've had quite the journey." She gestured to the plate of cookies and lemonade, then poured herself a glass and grabbed one. She wasn't particularly thirsty or hungry, but she wanted to show that there wasn't anything wrong with them. New campers often came here traumatized by some major event with monsters, had their whole world turned upside-down, and a whole slough of information thrown at them in a short amount of time. Oftentimes they were left feeling overwhelmed. The last thing that Lilythe wanted to do was make things even worse for them. "Why don't you start at the beginning and let me know what your friend told you before they brought you here? I'll fill in the gaps where I can."

• Like 1

Kenna had just stepped into the big house when she heard a voice. Still looking shocked she turned to look at jeffery when she looked down to see hoofs instead of feet. As the voice told her to go to the living room she was still shocked to jeffery. That she stood still until she heard the voice again. Then she moved to the living room where she stood until a friendly girl that was older than her came into the room with cookies and lemonade. She nodded to her comment about the journey. She must look disgusting as she had traveled so far. Putting down her paper clip contraption she looked shell shocked. Being super shy she looked at Lilythe as she pour herself a glass. It seemed like a safe place but where was she? Reaching for a cookie she sat down. Taking a bite the taste of the cookie was so good. "So where am I?" she looked around with  scared eyes. "Can the monsters come here too?" She was about to take another bite of her cookie when her shaking began again. "I was at school when my teacher attacked me. I I I......I ran away away with jeffery" that was when she stopped and looked at him, he had walked in beside her "What is jeffery?" She then reached for the lemonade and poured herself a glass. 

"He told me I was a demi god and I have no idea what that means. And that I wouldn't be safe unless I was at Half Blood Hill.....................We have been traveling for weeks and I still have no idea what is going on." 

• Like 1

Lilythe sat back and waited for the girl to finish speaking. She would have answered the question first, but there hadn't been much pause before she began asking several more. So the pertinent thing seemed to be to wait. "You are at Camp Half-Blood, which conveniently is located on Half-Blood Hill like your friend mentioned. Jeffrey, right? Well he's a satyr--that's a half-goat, half-human creature--and he was quite correct. You are a half-blood, a demigod." Lilythe paused here a moment to let it sink in. It wasn't every day that someone got told that they were half god, after all. "What that means is that somewhere along the way one of your parents had, for lack of a  better term, relations with a god or goddess. Specifically, one of the greek ones--though there are definitely other options out there." She bit her lip before continuing. "You most certainly are safer here than anywhere else." Except perhaps New Rome, Lilythe thought to herself. But no need to overwhelm the girl with information about Camp Jupiter while she's still learning about this camp. 

Lilythe gestured to the cookies and lemonade. "You might want to get comfortable, this is going to be quite the lesson. But before we begin, are there any immediate questions you have?" It was very likely that the poor girl would give her another slough of questions, and Lilythe was absolutely ready for that. She would answer them as best she could, when she was able. But filling the girl in on everything was going to take time. The girl... you should probably ask her name so you don't just keep thinking of her as a nameless person. "Also, uh, would you mind telling me your name? I, uh, don't believe you ever gave it to me."

• Like 1

Kenna's mind was going a mile a minute and she had no idea how to process it all. First off she was at some camp. Jeffery was a SATYR?????? And she must be a demi-god. "Hold on I am a demi god? But then who are my parents? Like who is my dad? " she knew who her mother was but had no clue about her dad. Only that he was a great mechanic and could make anything with steal. Kenna was not the best with knowing much about the greek gods who apparently had kids with mortals. She was letting it all sink in but it felt as if it were a dream. 

Looking at her cookie in her hand and the glass of lemonade she just poured she nodded no to Lilythe's question. Taking a bite of the cookie she was chewing it when she was asked her name. "Kenna Rhys" she said after she swallowed the cookie. "Okay" she looked a bit nervous "what do I need to know?"

• Like 1

"Yes, you're a demigod. The half-god, half-human offspring of a mortal and a god. A Greek god to be specific. There's other gods, but if it had been one of those, you'd have gone to a different camp." Lilythe remembered Camp Jupiter and assumed that there were other camps for the other children of the gods. There has to be, right? She smirked as the girl asked who her dad was. That was the million dollar question, wasn't it? And she never knew the answer. "We won't know until they claim you. It's... well... it's different for every parent.  But essentially... we'll know. You're just about 13 right? Your parent should claim you pretty soon."

"It's very nice to meet you Kenna. As I said, I'm Lilythe. I'm a daughter of Hermes, and I'll help make sure you get adjusted to camp." With a soft smile, she tried to be more reassuring. It was difficult for everyone on their first day. After all, it was hard to learn that nothing in your life was what it had seemed. "I'll start with the basics, and then add more later, okay?" She paused to make sure that plan was okay with Kenna before continuing. "The Greek gods are real. So is every 'myth' you've ever heard about them. Heracles? A real person. Well, god now. Chiron the Centaur? He's our Activities Director at Camp. Olympus isn't so much a mountain as it is just what we call  the home of the Gods. It's currently located at the top of the Empire State Building. Are you with me so far?"

• Like 1

Kenna was learning that there was a lot to learn and that she needed to listen. So she asked her questions and then Lilythe began to answer them. So she was a demi-god and her parents were one of the olympians. Then hearing that she would be claimed very soon she got a bit excited. She would find out who her dad was and maybe she could understand herself a bit more. "Cool well that is good to know, I have never known who my father was before."  That was when she said she was the daughter of Hermes. A wow look came over her face. She knew about Hermes and had learned about him in school. He was the god of travelers and thieves. Nodding to the part of Lilythe said she would start with the basics "Okay" she nodded again. 

That was when she began to explain that the Greek Gods were REAL??????!!!!!!! Her mind was blown. How did she not know about this? "WOW" she said looking stunned. "Yeah so tell me more" she looked eager to learn as much as she can. 

• Like 1

The girl was taking things remarkably well, all things considered. She had been prepared for an ambush of questions and having to prove that she was telling the truth--which was harder than you would think, and also more common than you would think. However, Kenna just took it in stride and asked her to tell her more. "A few years ago, the titan Kronos managed to sway a few campers into corruption and a war broke out between him and the Gods. As Demigods played a crucial part in getting things back on track, we were able to negotiate that our parents have to claim us as their children by the time we're 13. This is because the older you get, the more monsters can sense you, and it puts you more at risk." She paused there waiting to make sure that there weren't any concerns.

"The claiming from your parent usually happens at the bonfire, and until you are claimed you will stay with me in Hermes cabin as we are the hosts of travellers." Lilythe smiled sweetly. "Do you have any specific questions? I don't want to overwhelm you with too much information. I think that's about all you really need to know before we get you settled in."

• Like 1

Kenna had always felt there was something missing in her life. That she was meant for something greater than just working in a jewelry making shop. That her father had been someone great! She felt so different than anyone in her family. Like she was not really apart of it. Always being the source of the problems she was the one getting in trouble when attacked or getting kicked out of schools. As Lilythe talked more about the gods she sat forward listening as if she was in a history class. This was far too outlandish to be fake. Who would have come up with a story like this? "That would explain a lot. Like the girl bullies at school with fangs for teeth or the time I was chased in the city by something with wings." 

Kenna smiled back at Lilythe. "Cool so i get to stay with you then!" She looked at her like she was an older family member. That was when she asked her if she had any questions. "Ummmm like what do you do here at camp? " 

• Like 1

Lilythe nodded. "Exactly." It was very refreshing to see that the information seemed to help Kenna make more sense of her life rather than startle her further. "And the reason nobody else appeared to notice this was because of the mist. It's like... some kind of supernatural force that basically prevents mortals from seeing things as they really are. If that makes sense." Lilythe was never really certain how to describe the mist to people. But she needed them to understand that there was a reason that they were the only ones who saw things as they were. It helped them realize they hadn't been crazy this whole time.

She smiled brightly. "Yes. You'll stay with me until your parent claims you, anyway." It was nice seeing that the new campers took to her. It was important they feel they had someone they could go to when things got overwhelming. It was difficult getting your head around the idea that you've been out of the loop on this whole other world happening for however long it was. "Well mostly we run like any other summer camp as far as structure goes. You'll have activities you participate in, food is served at the mess hall, we'll have inter-cabin games. Capture the flag is played quite often here. But the activities, and even the games, are all designed to help teach you how to survive if you get caught by a monster outside of camp. Some of our campers return home when it isn't the summer, and they need to know how to defend themselves if necessary."

• Like 1

She nodded her head feeling a bit better that it was all making sense now. Kenna wasn't crazy after all just a child of a mortal and apparently a god or goddess. Feeling a bit better than she had she took a deep breath as they moved on. "So the mist what controls it?" she didn't know if this question had an answer but she was curious if the gods did it or if monsters could control it. After all this time things were starting to make sense in her life and she felt a bit better about it all. At least........at least she wasn't alone anymore.

A smile broke out on her face when lilythe said she could stay with her. She would know one other person! "What happens when they claim me?" she looked concerned. Where did she stay then? This was her first concern before she asked about the camp, which sounded nice but she hoped there would be time to build some things too!!!

Lilythe liked how inquisitive the girl was. She'd honestly be surprised if she didn't belong to one of the more clever gods. "It is manipulated by Hecate and her children easily enough, but I personally believe it has a mind of its own when they aren't around." She had no real evidence to back that up, other than really weird things happening here and there. "Mostly, though, it just keeps mortals from seeing things that they can't really understand. Like monsters." 

"When your parent claims you, you'll move into the cabin for their house. As for the actual claiming itself... that depends on your parent, mostly. Usually some sort of symbol appears above your head and you have a minor blessing for a day or two bestowed upon you." Lilythe tried her best to think of an example that would help. "Um... for example, Aphrodite gives her children instant makeovers for her blessing." There really wasn't a very good way to explain the claiming process. "Most of the time it happens at the campfire. Right around sundown. Speaking of which..." Lilythe started leading them around the grounds and pointed to the bonfire"Feel free to have a look around and ask any questions you like.  But that's where the magic happens."

• Like 1

Kenna felt as if she was learning so much that made life make more sense. When those around her could not see the monsters the mist was the answer. Taking in a breath of relief she felt a bit better knowing those there could also see through the mist. Nodding her head she wanted Lilythe to know she got it. Then she talked about being claimed. Kenna had no idea who her parent was but she was ready to find out for sure. "Cool" was all that came out as she tried to imagine her own claiming. Kenna followed as she watched where she pointed. In the distance was a campfire area. The bonfire was where she would go to tonight and hope her parent would claim her. "Thanks Lilythe, I guess I will see you later then?" She said waving to her as she began to walk around. She wanted to explore and maybe look at all the cabins from the outside. Who was her parent going to be???

• Like 1

Lilythe was pleased to see that Kenna seemed to settle right in. Nothing appeared to phase her, and instead all the information seemed to comfort the girl. Maybe it had helped her to make sense of her life. That was the best outcome Lilythe could hope for with any of the campers. Kenna appeared ready to explore the camp by herself, and didn't even really hesitate all that much when Lilythe gave her the cue to do just that. "If you need me, you can find me in The Big House, that's the place we just came from, for the rest of the day." She smiled and gestured towards the camp. "Enjoy the camp! I look forward to seeing you around."

Important Information

Terms of Use