bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Derrick Raines Entrance

Derrick Raines

Derrick had found his father gone and blood everywhere in his house. His best friend forest had shown up to his house with goat feet!!!! How could this have happened ? As he stared at his friend he was telling him that they had to go but that was when a fire ball hit the roof and the house exploded. Derrick was thrown out of the house into the street. People began to scream and run away. That was when forest picked him up and began to get away as fast as they could. The monster who had attacked was still out there and was  looking for Derrick. Forest carried the eight year old out of the city on transit. He found a train to New York City. Derrick woke up as they were on the train and began to freak out. Forest tried to explain to him that they were going to half blood camp. Where was that? Was his dad there? He began to cry as he was scared. 

Others began to look on when forest tried to calm him down. Just then the train came to a stop. There was a sound of tearing metal. The roof was torn off down aways from them . Forest grabbed Derrick and made a break for it. Something bad was tracking them as forest threw Derrick in his back. Derrick saw something that sounds scary and smelled horrible was behind them. The train had not been too far from Long Island. Forest was a brave Satyr who got him to the line of the camp. That was when the monster had caught up to them. Forest made a last stand to protect Derrick. “Nooooooo Forest” he cried out as he crossed the barrier and fell on the ground crying.

• Like 1

Dustin had been doing some things around the the front of the big house. Honestly, he wasn't sure why he was doing it. It hadn't been something he said he would do. Regardless. He just stood up and whipped his forehead. When he heard it. He blinked a couple times, then he heard it again. It was a child, and crying but there was a something else there. Without thinking the hero in Dustin ran. He ran to the barrier and there like he though was a little kid and as he got closer he noticed the monster leaving. "Shit." he muttered as she got closer to the boy. He didn't want to scare him at all. "Hey." he said softly bending down on one knee, checking him over to see if he was hurt. "You're not hurt are you?" He asked just checking to make sure there wasn't something there that he didn't see yet. He held out his hand to the boy. "I'm Dustin. Here to help you out. What satyr brought you?" he asked trying to get his attention so that he could get him to calm down. He wasn't good with children and Octavia was prim example of that. Though she was doing better now. 

• Like 1

Derrick was so upset. First off his dad had been attacked and the only other person who he cared about who was forest. Had shown up and protected him to safety. He had scarified himself to allow him to get to this place called half blood hill. Forest didn't know why he was safe here or where this place was at. All he knew was there was a fire inside him that wanted revenge. He fell to the ground crying from anger. How dare they attack his father and hurt the satyr who was his best friend. As he was pounding his fist into the ground he heard a voice and looked up to see an older boy. "No I am not hurt but I will have my revenge on that monster" he said this through gritted teeth. Then seeing his out stretched hand he took it. "I am Derrick and Forest brought me here but he was..........killed by the monster" he closed his eyes trying to contain his anger.  

• Like 1

Dustin sighed, happy that the boy wasn't hurt but there was another hurt that he knew all to well. He had lost a friend and when he said the name Dustin couldn't help but frown another satyr dead for saving one of them. He wouldn't be forgotten that was for sure. He knew that, and Derrick seemed to be talking about getting revenge on the monster that done it. "I'm sure you will get it in time. I'm counting on it honestly." he smirked seeing the need in the boys eyes. He liked the spirit like that. It reminded him of his self sometimes. Once the boy was up he nodded. "Well Derrick, what all had Forest told you about this place?" he questioned the young boy. He was young still but the way he spoke, made him sound older. "Come on to the big house and we'll get you something to eat." He said pointing to the house that wasn't that far away from them. "I'm sure Forest wouldn't want you running out there and fighting that monster without knowing everything first." he said waiting for the boy to start walking. 

• Like 1

The fire in his eyes when he said he would have revenge. He didn't know how the old boy would take it but he seemed to agree and say he was counting on it. For once he didn't feel like judged by another in his thirst for revenge. "I will" he said in confidence. That was when he asked about Forest. Derrick's face became grim "Well that I would be safe here. He didn't tell me why I was or why all this was happening." he finished saying hoping that maybe he would have an answer. As he looked up he saw the camp before him. It was so beautiful. How has he never heard of this place before with all its beauty. That is when his attention went to the big house which Dustin was pointing to. Getting up he began to walk towards the big house. Following Dustin hoping to have some answers. 

• Like 1

Dustin only smiled at the boy as his statement sounded pretty confident. He also knew talking about things were going to be a little sore, but he need to know. It was to help him in the long run. The older boy nodded when he said that Forest had told him just enough to get him here. "Well, don't worry. I'll be able to help you out as much as I can. Don't worry about asking questions. What I'm going to say might sound like I'm lying but it's nothing but the truth." He told the boy as he opened the door to the house allowing the small boy in before he walked in, shutting the door behind them. "Want something to drink? Cookies maybe?" he said showing him a nice chocolate chip cookie before biting into it himself with a smile. He got him whatever he asked for and brought it over to the kitchen table and sat down. motioning for the boy to follow him. "So, to tell you as to why you are here." He began. "This camp is called Camp half-blood. It is a place where Demigod, you and me live. Like a safe haven if you will." he stopped for a moment letting the boy catch up with what he was saying. "Demigods, are children of gods. Like me. My father is the god of war, Ares." he stopped once again letting that sink in. "You're godly parent will claim you soon, they have to after the deal they made with a demigod sometime ago." he chewed on his cheek hoping the boy understood. If not, then he would be able to go into more detail with him.

• Like 1

Derrick followed him into the house taking it all in. There was nothing too special about the house and it looked like ones he had seen in the movies.  Walking in they were in the doorway which was next to the living room. Dustin asked if he wanted anything to eat like cookie or drink. "Umm cookies would be great and I will take whatever you have to drink" derrick finished saying with a few sniffle. The bravery of forest still etched in his mind. They went to the kitchen table. Taking a seat this place was big. Then Dustin began to explain the reason derrick had been there. He was a Demi-God. Derricks face looked confused. Was this a night terror or dream. Maybe someone was playing a prank on him. "So the Gods are real?" he seemed confused and shocked. He thought they were just made up stories. "Am I in a dream?" he asked. "I mean how could any of this be real?"

• Like 1

Dustin was pleased that he seemed to want something to eat. He could remember that he didn't eat anything once he got into the house. He hadn't believed it neither. It was hard for him the first couple months until his siblings started showing him what he needed to do and how things went around the camp. He soon found his way. Just like Derrick would soon find. "Good choice. Lilythe makes the best. You'll get to meet her in time." he said bringing the plate over to the table before getting him some water as well. Once he sat down and started to explain things to the now young camper he couldn't help but notice his face. Here was the time that he had to be careful. "They are, surprising, I know. I was sitting where you are about your age too." he told him in honest. "You're not dreaming, I mean you can pinch yourself to see if it hurt." He said with a small smile. The person who helped him when he first came had him do the same thing. It was something he always told the new campers. "The gods and goddess, well they..." he stopped and put his face in his hand. How was he going to tell a kid that the gods liked to have their fun with mortals? Damn it where was James or Lilythe at when you needed them? "They like to come down and fall in love with mortals leaving them with babies." It was the best he could do honestly. "That monster you fought out there seemed pretty real did it not?" he questioned him, the feeling you have wanting to get revenge for Forest, does it feel real?" he questioned the boy, hoping that he would understand that. Though the more he talked the more he had a feeling who his godly parent was. Though not sure and it wasn't often that he was right because he never really thought about it. However, it wouldn't shock him with this little one. 

• Like 1

Dustin had gotten the plate and a glass of water. In the kitchen he got one of the cookies and began to munch. Man it was good. He looked back down at the plate and took another one. He felt his adrenaline was high from the monster attack but now realized how hungry he was. Derrick hoped he would maybe get some more food later. Nodding his head to dustin's comment about meeting Lilythe he forced a smile. That was when everything began to feel confusing as Dustin explained that the greek gods and goddess were real. Looking down at his arm he pinched himself "OUCHH" he said looking lost before he looked back up. His eyes were big and glassy as he felt like crying from the anger inside of him. So his mom must be a goddess but which one??? "How will I know who my mom is?" he asked trying to contain his anger. As she had abandoned him with his dad. Never really know who she was or caring for him. "Everything was so real but scary. Like I was living in a nightmare!" 

• Like 1

Dustin couldn't help but give a chuckle to the boy. "Yeah, that was my first reaction to it as well." Dustin shook his head thinking about his first day. It was hard to get into the swing of things at first, but as the weeks went on they got better. Surely Derrick would have a better time with it. The child question brought him out of his own thoughts and he smiled a little. "Well, we have a claiming. Normally happened at our campfire get together." He said as he moved the glass around the table. "Your mom, or dad depending, will claim you with their symbol. It will appear above your head just here." He said as he moved his hand over the boys head just were the symbol would be. "The gods had made an agreement with someone years ago to claim their children at thirteen but some have been claimed younger." He said as he thought about his father claiming him. Sure it was a little hard on him because he got into a cabin that was filled with people would was scary to him. Now, he knew. He was one of the younger ones to get claimed as well. "Of course it's like a nightmare. The world is a scary place. We have to learn how to work around that."

• Like 1

Feeling a bit better that at the end of today or someday that he would be claimed. Maybe then he would have the answers that he was looking for. Like why him? Would he always have to live this life? "Well I hope they claim me" he said looking a bit sad at losing everything. His best friend who was a Satyr. Nodding his head he stood up looking at Dustin. He had a lot to think about but he wanted to do it alone. "Hey is it okay for me to just walk around the camp?" Derrick hoped that Dustin would allow this as he needed time alone. He was just a kid but today he felt he had to grow up.

Dustin watched the younger boy a little more and he nodded his head as well. "Honest, I hope that you get claimed as well. However if you don't you still will be placed in a cabin." He told the boy. Though he hoped that the god or goddess who had them just went ahead and claimed him tonight. Though what they boy said next kind of shocked him. "You just wanna walk around by yourself?" He looked at the kid with confusion as well he couldn't have been any older than ten. "Well I at least have to show you where to meet up later so after that you can be claimed." He told the boy with a small shrug. He walked to the back waving to the boy to follow him as he went to show him were to meet up. 

link

Important Information

Terms of Use