bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Shore Line

Derrick Raines

Derrick had a lot to think about as he had just lost so much in his life as his dad was taken away from him but then he really didn't know if he was alive. His dad after all was very secretive about his job so something could have gone down badly. It was only then when his best friend Forrest who was a Satyr got killed at the border of the camp. The sadness he felt was just so much and it wasn't as if his mother had ever been there to comfort him.........his mother, she was a goddess and her name was Nemesis. There was a lot he didn't understand so as he woke up this morning. Derrick walked over to the shoreline to walk around and sit on the sand. 

What was life going to be like for now on? Would he ever get her dad back?

@ Octavia Davis

• Like 1

Octavia had an interesting night. She had random dreams about what had happen to her while she was with her father. Honestly, she didn't know if he was alive anymore and that was a lot for an eight year old to think about. She had ended up slipping passed her older siblings and headed off to wander around the camp. She honestly couldn't help herself. It got her mind off her father and on the fact that her mother was a goddess. Tyche. The luck goddess. It was always funny to her that she was always told she was lucky and ended up here. She soon got down the the shore and noticed the boy who ended up getting claimed after she did. He looked to be the same age as she was. So of course she had another friend. Which was going to be nice. She walked over to him, taking a seat next to him. "Hi" She said with a soft tone. 

• Like 1

Derrick sat there wishing he had his dad or best friend back. His new siblings had tried to console him saying that he would get his revenge one day. That they would help and train him to do it well. It was strange being around so many that were very much like him. It felt right for once in his life. But as he sat on the sand the waves came and went as they crashed on the shore. Derrick had his hands in the sand with his fist in a ball. Thinking in a deep thought he jumped when some girl sat next to him. He gave her a weird look as he had not met her , but he did remember seeing her at the claiming. She had been claimed just before him and gave some older camper a big hug. "ummmm  hi" he said back in a confused tone " what are yyou doing out here?

It was the look that the boy gave her that made her jump back a little. She blinked back at him and sighed a little, though he did say hi back to her, he seemed confused. She blinked again, turned to look at the water hitting the shore, and brought her knees up to her chest. "Well," She started as she placed her chin on her knees. "Maybe the same reason you are." She said turning her head to look at him once more. "I've been thinking a lot as of late." She told him honestly, she hadn't stopped thinking since she got there. It was a mess and she wanted to make sense of it. "You got claimed too huh. Nemesis?" She questioned him with a small smile. "I was told that we had to be lucky to get claimed so young." She blinked as she let a hand drop to the sand and used her finger to draw something. "I'm Octavia by the way.  Child of Tyche." She said holding out her hand to the boy with a grin. "Just here hoping to make more friends my age." She said with a small smile on her face. 

• Like 1

There was something about this girl that was just sweet and kind, maybe it was her general nature. But when she spoke to him it sort of calmed him down from feeling the anger that was fueling him. Derrick had been so focused on his life that he had not even thought about what maybe the girl beside him had been through. It was his best friend who told him he needed to start thinking of others before himself. "Did bad stuff happen to you too?" He asked doing what was suggested to him all those years ago. It seemed she had paid attention to him "Yes I am in nemesis, I guess that is luck" he said scratching the back of his neck. What was her house again??? But when she said her name and house he felt relieved as he was not paying attention last night. Not after everything he went through. "Well it is nice to meet you Octavia from the Tyche cabin, I am Derrick" he said with a little smile. He had felt very alone just a moment ago and now he was making a friend. Looking up to the sky he saw a star which might be his best friend the satyr. He must be looking down proud of him. 

• Like 1

Octavia couldn't help but watch the boy a little. She couldn't help but wonder what it was that was in his head. He seemed to be a little hard around the edges but that was nothing. She would be able to get in somehow. It was a question about having bad things happen to her that made her nod her head. "I did. A monster came when I was at work with my dad." She began and her lip came out in a small pout, she wouldn't cry though. "I don't know if he made it out.. if it wasn't for Edan and Dustin I don't know if I would have made it out either." She told him honestly. She couldn't really remember what had happened. She didn't think that she wanted to remember either. The only thing she knew was she ran into Edan and he had picked her up and given her to Dustin who ran out of the building with her while Edan fought the monster along with her dad. She hummed and smiled at him before glancing up at the sky. "Well, I think you are lucky. Same as me." She started, "We both made it here without being eaten by a monster, even if we did lose some people that we were close to." She blinked down at the boy and laid back on the sand. "Nice to meet you, Derrick." She giggled and smiled as she let her hands dig into the sand there. "Do you think they watch us?" She questioned to the boy. "You know our moms?" She let her head move to the side to look at him a little more. She wanted to think so, but her older siblings thought that maybe it wasn't true. But honestly who really knew? 

• Like 1

Derrick was only doing what Forest had said for him to do but then the girl began to get really sad "ummmmm don't cry " he said worried as he must have said the wrong thing. "I didn't mean for this to happen" he said worried as he was trying to be nice but then it seemed to backfire. "I am sorry this happened but you are safe now" he tried to reassure her. But then she seemed to be fine which made him feel much better. There was a part of him that did not like to see her so sad. No really knowing why but he felt protective of her. She was just a little as he was but she seemed so innocent and kind. "I guess, if it is luck you can call it" he said feeling the anger coming back up in him. But then it went down as Octavia laughed, which made him smile. "Maybe, but that would be weird....right?" This was just a thought but he looked up to the sky as well thinking if his mom was watching him. A thought went to his thoughts about making his mom a promise that he would avenge his best friend and dad. But then looking down at Octavia with a smile "So what do you think of your cabin and well this whole half-blood thing?" he asked her knowing it was still a bit confusing for him.

• Like 1

"I'm sorry." She started to whip the tears from her eyes. She didn't want to be sad. But she could remember the talk that she had with James last night. He said that she was to young to go look for her daddy at the moment. Sure she was. But she would get bigger sooner or later. Then they would go and find her dad. "No.. you didn't.." She started as she sighed a little. She didn't mean to start crying, it was just a lot for her to take in and she hadn't really had time to process it at all.  She hummed a little and nodded her head. "Well, I'm a child of a luck god...so I say lucky." She smiled at the boy and when he said it would be weird if they watched them, she couldn't help but think about it. Having people in the sky watching them all the time. She shivered a little before glancing over at him and laughing again. "no, you are right." she told him. "It's strange thinking that they would be watching over us. James said that they had other things to worry about." whatever that meant. She didn't seem to mind at all. She had her siblings with her right now. When he looked down at her, she couldn't help but move her eyes from the sky to look at him again. "Well.." She started and huffed out some air. "I don't really know." She told him honestly. "I don't know what to think about this at all." she blinked and sat up on her bottom again. This time she stood up and held out her hand to him. "Come on, let's throw things into the water." She told him trying to get him off the subject of something she didn't think that she was ever going to understand. She gave him a bright smile and waited for him to grab her hand. 

• Like 1

Derrick felt bad for Octavia but did not know what to do to help her. So as he tried to figure out what to do "Nooooo I didn't mean ....I just feel bad for you" he got out hoping this would be okay. He just hated seeing this girl who was in front of them was crying. Where was one of the older campers when you needed them????? But soon enough she seemed to get better which was a good thing because Derrick didn't know how much he could handle to be honest. The idea was still a bit weird for him to understand about being a child of a God, but had been claimed just like Octavia had been. The god of revenge and and god of luck...what a strange combination for them to be like! But he had asked Dustin so many questions trying to understand what it meant in the first place. "Well I wonder if we will ever meet our moms?" He asked as more of an out loud question. Not feeling she would have the answers. The longer she talked to him, the more he felt calm and smiled a bit more. "Suree that sounds like fun" he said taking her hand to get up. Looking around he saw some rocks "Lets go there" he said with a smile. 

• Like 1

Octavia shook her head a little and smiled. "No need." She told him with a heavy heart. "We both have been through something so it cant just be me that you're sorry for." She told him with a honest look. She didn't know his story but she was pretty sure that she would find out later on when he felt the need to share with her. It was his next question that made her hum a little. "Well according to my big brother... I don't think we will unless they make it so." she shrugged a little not really understanding it much at all. "I think we'll be lucky enough to get to see them." She told him with a smile on her face. "I think if we get old and after we understand things more they will be able to do more for us." Well that was what she hoped for anyways. He soon agreed to her throwing things into the water and used her hand to help him up. He soon found some rocks which was good because she was excited about throwing things into the water now. "Have you ever skipped a rock before?" She questioned him as they walked over to the rocks he pointed out. 

• Like 1

Derrick was one that listened a lot, maybe that was cause he was a bit shy but he watched Octavia tell him they had both been through something. The girl was right but he was in no rush to talk about it as he had already done so with Dustin. He just couldn't handle that right now but maybe one day. Nodding his head to let her know he totally got what she was saying, he hoped they would leave it there. Asking his question it seemed that she had more ideas about it all from her older brother. "You are lucky to have him" he said looking at her with a little smile. "Most mind are too busy for me" he said shrugging. Maybe one of them would spend time with him soon, there was that one guy Azrael that Lilythe talked about. It seemed most knew about the older Nemesis Camper as he was talked about a lot in his cabin. Using Octavia's hand to get up from the sand. He looked around to find some stone which he pointed out to them. Walking towards them he shook his head no "Not really, I mean I did not go outside too much but I have heard it is fun. Want to try it?" 

Octavia hummed when he told her that she was lucky to have her siblings. She was pretty sure that she was but she turned to him with a bright smile on her face. "You're lucky too." She told him as she pushed her hair behind her ear. "One of your siblings will make time for you. I'm sure they will." she told him happily. Now, she didn't know how that would really work but she would rub off her luck on him to just see him smile. She couldn't help but giggle as he used her hand to help himself get up. Her mouth dropped open when he told her that he had never skipped rocks before . "Really?" She asked him shocked, "Well, then I'll show you how to do it. Come on." She grinned as she picked up some of the rocks. "You want to get the flat ones like these." She said showing him the flat sides on the rock. "Then you just do this.." She put her arm back and in a fluid motion launched the rock into the water, watching it skip a couple times. "See." She turned to him smile having a bright smile on her face. 

• Like 1

Derrick didn't have the happy out look that octavia had but he wish he could. When she told him that he was also lucky he laughed as if she was telling a joke. "Ohhh I hope so....I mean it would be nice to know them as I don't have anyone else" he said a bit sadly. But soon enough with Octavia smiling and laugh which made him feel a bit happier as he got up. But soon was smirking when she didn't believe that he had never skipped stones. "Umm yeah never have...i just stayed inside and played a lot of video games" he admitted as he followed her to the stones. Looking around he found a few round ones and two flat ones. Not really knowing which ones were going to be better. "Ohhhh" he said dropping the round ones and looking for more flat ones "Why is that?" he asked as she then told him to watch. Derrick was happy to have his mind off the sadness. "Cool" he said trying to process what she did "okay like this" he said as he tried to throw it like she did but it skipped once and sunk."ohhhhhh noooo" he said laughing. 

• Like 1

Octavia tilted her head when he said that he didn't have anyone. "Silly." She grinned and brought her head up right. "You have me." She told him happily. "I'm not going to go anywhere." and she was being honest. She couldn't leave him now and it was the fact that he was around her age. She wanted to be friends with him too. She wanted to be friends with everyone around the camp but again she was still so young so who honestly knew. Their conversation turned to skipping rocks and she shook her head. Not believing him at all. Maybe not everyone had dad like hers. She grinned happily once again as she watched him grab a rock. "Yes.." She started but when he went to throw it it only sunk. Though he laughed and she couldn't help but giggle a well. "So close. Maybe do it a little softer." She said handing him another rock and grabbed herself one as well. "So don't throw it, just flick your wrist." She told him and showed him once more. This time her rock skipped a couple times before it clunked into the water. 

• Like 1

Derrick had spoke without thinking as he did not think about Octavia when he said he had no one. "Ohhhhh" he said blushing a bit "Cool, that is nice that I uh have you" he said feeling a bit better. I mean after losing his dad and best friend was a satyr. It had been a rough few days! Scratching his head he then realized this girl was one of the few others who might get him "Well you have me too, I promise to stick by your side okay" he said back to Octavia. Meaning every word he said. A part of him wanted to stick with her. To make sure she was okay. The two of them were having fun playing with the rocks as she tried to teach him how to do it. This was honestly a lot harder than he thought. The first time he did it they sort of sunk. Frowning he looked at Octavia laughing which made him smile again. She was just a happy kid and he liked that. Holding out his hand he took the next rock. "Okay so like this" he practiced some movements that he watched her do it once more. Doing the same thing he flicked his wrist letting go of the rock. Seeing it skip 3 times he got so excited. "I DID IT" he said looking at Octavia with the biggest smile. "Let do it more please" he began to jump up and down with so much excitement. 

She noticed his blush but didn't really say anything on it because she didn't know what to say about it so she only smiled at him. "Oh course, so now you have someone to be with when you're sad. I'll make you happy I swear." She told him happily with a bright smile on her face. He agreed and then told her that he would be by her side always as well. "Really!" She grinned more at him. "I would love that." She told him as she bounced on her toes. 

When they started throwing the rocks she couldn't help but watch him do it. His first one missed and then she showed him how to do it better and he went along with her. His next rock skipped three times and she opened her mouth. "WOW!" she clapped for him. "Good job, you did it." She told him as she bounced some more. He then came back wanting to do more and she nodded her head. "Of course. Let's go." she giggled as she went on and found some more rocks for them.

• Like 1

Derrick did not have many friends growing up other than his best friend the satyr who died. It was kind of nice to hear that they would try to make him happy. The thought put a smile on his face "Thanks, the same goes to you too....I mean if you are sad just come find me and we can play a game okay?" He had said this with the biggest smile on his face. Nodding his head he could not be happier in this moment that was once sad. "We need to stick together I mean we have each other when all the older kids hang out right?" He thought about how most the kids coming to camp their first time was around thirteen or so but not them. They both were eight when they arrived, meaning they were not included in all the things. 

Seeing that his second rock skipped three whole times he jumped up and down as he looked at Octavia to see how she felt! She was clapping for him which made him giggle a bunch as he grabbed his tummy! The two of them were having a good time making his sadness disappear. Finding more rocks he began to skip more. While some sank the others began to get better. Just as time was going the sun was coming high in the sky. "Hey do you want to go get some food????" he stopped to look at Octavia. He knew his tummy was getting achy so it was time for him to eat soon.

Octavia couldn't help but smile a little as he told her that he would make her feel happier if she ever felt bad. It was nice to have someone like him around. It was nice to not be the only little one at the camp. she grinned and nodded her head. "Got it. Come to you if I ever feel sad." she grinned happily. The smile hardly ever left her lips. She listened to him explain that they were the youngest and needed to stick together. "Right!" she pumped her little arms and smiled. "Of course we will stick together." She told him as she bounced from her toes to her heels. 

She was happy to finally see a smile on Derricks face. Heck, he was even laughing too. Honestly it was the best for him. She glanced at him and smiled at him. He was a wonderful friend to have. She watched him go and find some more rocks and skipping them out into the water. She couldn't help but grin and grab some herself. It was right after she skipped her rock that he posed a question to her. She blinked a little and turned to look at him. He was getting hunrey. "Sure. Think one of the older campers will feed us?" She questioned him curiously. "Or do we need to find James or Azrael?" She blinked some waiting for his answer.

Important Information

Terms of Use