bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Men Without Maps.

Joaquín De León

Azrael's return to camp was not something he would expect to hear from Lilythe, the very woman he holds in high regard as a sister he never had. She needed the time to sort out her feelings so he took the initiative to remind their half-siblings not to give her a hard time- at least for now. He knew they can be a little too much but he was reassured when they agreed to his request. In the meantime, he decided to spend some time with the child of Nemesis for as long as either of them could. It was part of his intention that he wanted to help him assimilate but also to check him out. He was not sure even before he left that he was in love with his half-sister because he would usually be weirded out by his long stares at her, thinking that he may have some odd intentions. To his relief, that was never the case and even reassured since there is another person who cares about her just as much as he does. Maybe even more.

As he approached the Nemesis cabin, he suddenly decided to put a twist and have him lead the day just so he knows what he likes to do. The lodging area is pretty much empty as most of the campers had gone to do their camp activities in the middle of the day. Once he approached the cabin door, he began with, "Mr. Blackburn, your pizza delivery is here." He would do this every time he wanted entrance inside a cabin he was not given explicit permission prior but he figured he wanted to surprise the man himself. @ Azrael Blackburn

Edited by Joaquín De León
  • Like 1

Having spent a couple of days keeping a low profile, Azrael still hadn't gotten used to the hubbub of activity and chaos in the camp. Right then the rest of Cabin 16 were all out learning some scouting skills but he had been wary not to pry on who was teaching them, knowing it had been a speciality of Lilythe. Though if he could be sure it was her he could raid the kitchens without a risk of running into her as he was sure that James was on this time around.

It was then he heard the greeting shouted at the main door of the cabin. The door opened slowly to reveal the solid but wiry form of the child of Nemesis. he had practical combat boots, black close fitting jeans both in stark contrast to the loose orange camp t-shirt he had found. "Mister Blackburn is my old man, but if Dominoes by Demeter has started over here I wouldn't say no" he realized that hunger had definitely been a recurring guest over the past few days having only taken a few raids on the kitchen and skipping the mess hall.

He looked out for the slim chance the visitor would be bringing some kind of boxed baked dough product, but he knew well enough no mortal could not find this place and the camp was not as sprawling as New Rome and Little Ceres for a pizza.. "You do have me at a disadvantage though" carefully reaching out a hand in greeting "I'm Azrael, Alumni of the Nemesis cabin" skipping the usual attempt to work out family features and pushing for the introduction, it was often a fun game but he had a lot on his mind.

Thinking about it now, actually bringing in pizza would be nice. A flattened disk of bread dough topped with some combination of olive oil, oregano, tomato, olives, mozzarella, and many other ingredients, baked quickly—usually, in a commercial setting, using a wood-fired oven heated to a very high temperature—and served hot. It's a good thing that he had not eaten yet because the first thing they could do is grab some grub. When the man slowly opened the door, he would see that the child of Hermes adorns the usual orange tee with the words "Camp Half-Blood" on the front above a picture of a pegasus. From his hips is a beige colored pair of shorts as he preferred not to feel restricted by wearing garments that cover the entirety of his legs.

A smile curled the corners of his lips while a hand reached out to his in turn, shaking it firmly for a moment before letting it go. "Joaquín De León, child of Hermes. I guess my visit is rather abrupt but I hope I did not interrupt you from something. If I can spare you a chunk of my time, I can accompany you to get some food so we can have a chat." His words were filled with confidence as he had never felt excited at the prospect of what this man has to offer as a role model of the campers here. "Anything you have planned, I'm sticking around. I'm up for anything." Well, not really anything but activities they can bond over with as two guys having a fun time. He is not one to just approach an arriving camper either but he is curious to know- what is it about him that prompts his half-sister to look his way.

• Like 1

He took the time to respect the handshake and get the measure of the camper, it showed a level of even mindedness and did not have the crush of an Ares showing off or the stone callouses of a Hephaestus. "I don't have anything scheduled in." he said with a bit of rueful smile "But i could do with some time getting to know camp again" he tried to ignore the rumbling reminder that it had been a few days since he had much more than snacks.  "and checking if the Dryads still have anything left at the Dining pavilion sounds good." the thought of food seemed to spark a reminder of another task. "But I have something to return to the big house... seems like an errand worth doing at the same time.." he said quickly ducking back into the cabin, the door left open as he sheathed a couple of blades at his side and picked up a light picnic hamper, neatly closed up, from the side of his bunk. 

He pulled the cabin door closed behind him and started into the grounds. Looking around the grounds he took in the various cabins, averting his eyes from the bright gold of cabin seven and coming to lay eyes on the Hermes cabin "Must say I miss cabin eleven, was as much of a home to me as any other bit of the camp. Though hopefully it a bit less cramped than it was in the old days." he said, a reference to the days before the claiming at thirteen had come into force with the gods. As they walked, Azrael seemed to be guided in the direction of the Dining pavilion, driven by his stomach.. 

"But tell me about yourself, been at camp long?" he looked at the kid to try to work out a rough age and when they would have been doing back then.. probably going through their third war.. maybe not the best reference, guess go with a safe one "Which activities keep you interested?" he had always found those that kept attention to be more important than what you excel at..

Edited by Azrael Blackburn

Hearing that he did not have anything scheduled in brought nothing but a hankering smile. Should he have plans, he would have spent the day going about in his regular schedule since he was supposed to be attending classes today. Attending especially when he told the instructors that he was going to take the day off would be embarrassing. The thought of it make him shudder. Once he mentioned his business at the Big House, he clapped. "Great. I'll tag along so we can have a chat along the way." He stood nearby the door with his hands on his hips as his right foot tapped on camp soil. It was clear he wanted to hang out with the veteran camper but he would not bat an eye if he was not Lilythe's love interest. Even so, he'd be open to it.

"Cabin Eleven?" He asked but before he could answer, a light bulb on top of his head lit up. "That's right, my cabin." Joaquín preferred to remember the cabins by the god parent only because each are designed based on their parents' aspects. Giving him a single nod, he responded, "Yes, Lilythe told be it was crowded back then with little to no room to sleep in. I still appreciate letting unclaimed campers use it in the meantime. Don't tell anyone but I wish their parents would claim them as soon as possible. Even I get tired of the messiness and clutter." Having to wait until one is thirteen sounds like a long time. "I still help her around with cleaning and maintenance. I still remind the cabin's tenants to try and keep the place clean so everyone is happy. No one has to clean after others."

"Been here since I was thirteen. It was not until then I learned the gods claim their children at that age." He paused. "They're only doing it because they made a promise to that Percy guy, not because they want to." He still could not believe it. How can his father just come and go? Not even seeing his child once? Even looking at his half-siblings would bring an inkling of frustration against his father but he is still working on acceptance albeit at a very stagnant pace. "Um yeah, sorry for that." He apologized with an awkward smile. "I do like outdoor activities. Brings the thrill factor and exercise well- depending on what it is anyway. I don't think I'm good at anything other than stealing..." He admitted.

Azrael was glad to speak about something normal about the camp, he had a good amount of bad memories from the wars but he could think back to many of the good times in between. "Try spending a few years unclaimed.. there are a lot of kids that have passed through the camp that owe a lot to Hermes Cabin. There was always a little more floor space for the next arrival." A smile crossed his face, remembering the chaos and comradery of his time there, remembering carving a pair of initials in a hidden corner of the cabin. "I've gotta say, glad that not all the gods have been waiting till thirteen." he faded off.. he had known how much not being claimed had lead to a lot of half bloods going over to the titan side of the war but this was not the good memories to find.

Azrael took the time to look around the camp, the activities, the positivity, the place seemed a little less rough than back in the old days or maybe the kids were sneakier nowadays. He had a smile as he thought about the past while they headed towards the mess hall, drawn as much by the smells of fresh foods as the sight of the open pavilion at the top of the hill. 

"Thievery tends to be a good workout in and of itself. Lots of stealth; stretching and probably a good cardio workout." he looked around for a Dryad as they got up towards the top of the hill, the smell so of fresh fruits and meats wafting across but it wasn't exactly bell time. "It's been a good few years since I had a go at the climbing wall if you want a challenge workout."

He took the time to give a friendly wave towards a nearby Dryad he had spotted in hope of some sustenance..

Joaquín loved having company in his cabin but the fact that demigods get claimed upon their god parents' whims only fed into the dislike he already has for them, especially his father. He never hated others for crashing in but he can get annoyed when the place becomes too loud or too messy but he was growing used to the pandemonium. "I'm glad too and we all have Percy to thank for giving them an ultimatum. Our god parents are quite... something, but at least they made that promise. I suppose that even when the deal is never made, it is better to make the unclaimed campers feel at home when they have nowhere else to go. Even if it means building an extra cabin when Cabin Eleven is full... Wouldn't you agree?" He asked with a hopeful smile. He's a firm believer in the people being the campers' home, not the exact location albeit having a force field that prevents monsters from entering is giving them a sense of comfort and safety.

Lightly elbowing his arm, he was pointing to the campers that were dueling. Their swords parrying before another camper drew this attention. They were sneaking up on one that was occupied with observing the duel that they threw a water balloon at them, causing the audience to disperse and begin a water balloon fight - promptly ending the duel. He imagined using this thievery skills to steal the balloons and render them powerless but the thought began to fade when his nostrils tingled at the smell of fresh food. The pair is nearing the dining pavilion.

"You don't suppose the children of Hermes would make fine criminals?" He snickered. "Not that I want to be. They can steal anything they want and miraculously never get caught so they have the benefit of not being labeled." He spoke, thinking back the time he used to steal expensive things he and his mother deserved but she eventually was fed up with it as she did not want to find her son in jail. He could tell that story but now isn't the right time. "Yes! I'd love to go bouldering with you. I'm a thrill seeker you see."

He also waved at the dryad and she also waved back, gesturing them towards the fresh foods that are presented in the table along with two empty goblets that could be filled with their favorite drink. He gulped. To heck with bell time, he would rather devour right now.

• Like 1

"I am glad there is enough room in Hermes cabin now there are less unclaimed coming through but I have to say it was the hospitality of your siblings that helped make the camp home. Sure Luke had a bad effect on the folks who were here before me but being brought into camp without the older campers and without.." he paused not wanting to call her out directly but Lilythe had been a major part of keeping him grounded in the camp  "good people to welcome them it would have been a lot worse." He remembered the unclaimed and those of Hermes cabin being some of the most swayed to the opposition during the second Titan war.

The elbow nudge was enough to shake him out of the past and he took the time to assess the dueling grounds, the careful parrying of blows, the nearby sneaking campers. Fortunately he could feel none of the vengeance or malice that trouble would have caused between them. Another training exercise, he thought over to their likely trainer in scouting and stealthiness. Best to give her the space she needs. Azrael made sure to keep heading for the dining pavilion as the ambush was sprung and the water balloons began to fly.

As the talk moved to criminal activity Azrael got a little uncomfortable "You have got to remember we cross two worlds, the gods and heroes of old have always had a bit more.. wiggle room to do what was right over what was lawful, with enough monsters out there with treasures needed to save the world." He had tried to study law and this predicament had came up.. there were those who needed to answer for their crimes but much of the half blood world was morally grey in the eyes of the human law, but that tale could wait for another day. He tried to look for the brighter side of Herme's gifts "Plus if the Argonauts hadn't stolen the golden fleece there wouldn't be a camp left anymore. Just try to stay on the right side of the human world." 

The smell of freshly sizzling barbecue was intoxicating now they were so close. After checking with one of the dryads at the grill he grabbed a couple of portions for the two of them. He took the time to stop by the big brazier and carve the freshest end and tip it into the flames. He also took a moment to fish in the big picnic hamper, grabbing out a slightly stale pastry and dropping it in as well. Whoever was watching over that feast You have my gratitude.

Azrael took the time to look over the tables but remembering how cabin specific they were he used the picnic hamper as a makeshift table on the fencing that surrounded the camp. He tore into the deliciously flavored meat and drank down the ice cool mountain water from the goblet.  "Well when you have some time, its been a while since I got a shot at the wall. Hopefully I do better than the busted bones and burns I got when I started at camp." He looked over the camper in front of him.. "Thrillseeker, right.. guessing you have heard the rumors of capture the flag coming up. Whats your place on the field then, sneaking and scouting behind the front lines or something more direct?" 

He wanted to add into the topic of potential criminal activity but he could not bring himself to say anymore. Joaquín could feel how uncomfortable he got from his tone and decided not to say anything. Like he mentioned, it's not like he was interested - at least, he was before arriving to camp but staying here at changed the way he looked at himself and others. He did figure the part where law and morality is a bit different within the mythology given what he read so far.

As the pair finally arrived at the dining pavilion, the smell of sizzling barbecue tingled his nostrils. He was giving himself a big whiff as they approached the grill but he checked in with one of the dryads as well - for it would be considered rude to take food without their permission and acknowledging that they had it ready before their arrival. The young man grabbed their plates before they could put their grilled meat skewers in before the two of them went over towards the lit brazier. Throwing in a piece he'd least likely to eat, the fire seemed to burn brighter after the two of them have deposited their tributes. And just like Azrael, he also threw in a pastry that he felt was stale - not wanting to be singled out.

To this day, he thought it's superfluous for demigods to only sit within their (cabin) table as there is also nothing wrong with sitting with people who aren't from your cabin but nevertheless complied. Settling down across from him, he began with a chomp of the meat - teeth chewing through its tenderness and tongue brushing over them to get a taste of that grilled finish. Accompanying his mouth his a gulp of lactose-free chocolate milk of his favorite brand but ice-cold fresh water filled his goblet as soon as he finished it. "I do have time today if you are up for it. I'm not the best but I do like the exhilaration." He paused. "I'm sure you are much better than your first days at camp. I've seen demigods scale the wall by jumping so they get to the top fast without gripping every edge or stone."

He nodded. "I have heard the rumors as well. I suppose soon we will have enough people to participate in the game. Some have decided to back out given its extreme nature." Joaquín gave some thought to his question as he continued to chew on the meat. He was looking down on his plate but it did not take him long to form a response. "It depends on our initial tactics but I prefer to pretend to be a ninja and scout for opponents and apprehend them if the situation calls for it. I'm not the best fighter myself but I can stall. What about you? I prefer to have you as an ally now that we are talking about it."

Azrael seemed to have gotten more comfortable on their walk around the grounds, it was a familiar path to tread and one that he fell into easier than he thought he would. The camp seemed to be full of activity with campers running around and enjoying themselves. He settled down to dig into the meat at the makeshift table savoring the spices and the effort that the dryads took in preparing and serving at the camp, he took the time to eat each chunk overriding the sense to wolf the meat down.

Once he had finished the delicious sustenance he looked up hearing that Joaquín had some spare time. "First time up the wall I got caught dead on by the crusher, not some I would recommend. You do get a night off chores in the infirmary and a nice burn scar to remember it though." he smiled in memory "Some things definitely encourage you not to hang around and to leap a lot faster the next time around". "If you have the time we can see if the wall is quiet, be good to get a bit of a workout, just need to drop this" as he placed a hand on the picnic hamper "off at the big house and we can go."

"With your skills and style you sound like you would excel at a forward distractionary group, able to attract attention and still get out of trouble enough to dodge back into the woods." he said appraising the style and discussions they had gone through. "I tend to take the role of defense myself, I have good blade skills and solid enough to hold my ground. Plus Nemesis has a few tricks, the one helping most is sensing those on a path of malice or vengeance, with a little luck it helps us get a moment of warning before most attackers appear."

With that he took the time to quietly set the picnic hamper just inside the door to the big house and was ready to be on his way to the wall.

colors

As he continued to savor his food, he mentally thanked the dryads for preparing the food and having it ready by the time they had arrived - as if they sensed their hunger nearby. Each bite brought in flavors that meshed well with each other. The tenderness, the spices, and there was something about it that pairs well with bread that is not stale just yet. It was so delicious that getting seconds felt enticing but he would rather not deal with a bloated stomach or feeling drowsy later. When their was a short pause to their conversation because they were occupied with their food, he looked down at some areas of the camp from the top of the hill that were visible to him. Many campers were having fun doing whatever activities they had planned or even spontaneously involved themselves. It was one of the things he loved about camp. No drama. Just work hard and play hard.

"Fair enough. A burn scar is nothing but a result of your first attempt. I'm sure there are others who have gotten scars in their first try. I made it up with holes on my camp tee shirt and some edges of my hair singed off." Joaquín had to chortle at his firsthand experience with the climbing wall. "I was a mess. Had to avoid the lava and the boulders anyway I can. I was afraid back then but I wanted to reach the top no matter what it took. Make use of what my dad gave me, right? I suppose... I was lucky not to get a burn scar. I've scaled it in full lava-and-earthquake mode, now that was a doozy but difficult nevertheless." Once he finished his food, he agreed to him dropping off the picnic hamper at the Big House before doing anything else. "Yeah, of course. I'm up for a round or two at the wall. I'd like to scale it when it's quiet. Want to do it as a little competition. No stakes though. I've got nothing to offer.

When Azrael was able to pick out the best role for him in capture the flag, the child of Hermes snapped his fingers and turned a finger gun towards him with a reveled look. "That's right. I love doing that and causing trouble for others. I still do it outside of the event though-" He paused. "Not as much, okay? Granted, it's useful for stalling my opponents. If I get them mad, then it clouds their judgement temporarily. That's why I always rotate my methods. Can't let them know my next move, right?" A soft smile curled his lips. "I surely hope we don't face off as opposing sides. I'm starting to like you."

As soon as they dropped off the picnic hamper, they were on their way to the climbing wall. The two kept talking as they walked there in a steady pace. Joaquín was certainly taking his time but that was simply because he liked what they have going so far. 

Azrael laughed "The burns were what I was left with, back in those days it was turned up to full on mode. I don't want to think how many bones the ambrosia helped fixed from the walls crushing together." he smiled "The camp was much closer to a war footing back then though." He had seen what the camp had changed to, there seemed to be a bit more cabin integration and a little less of the raw violence he remembered, how much of that had been Lilythe and the other Cabin leads doing..

seeing the climbing wall in the distance as they set off across the grounds he said "Happy with a bit of competition, gotta work off the meal and its always easier to push yourself when you have someone to match against. What do you prefer, north or southern face?" he had known the climbing wall well over his years here, it had been a way to push himself further when no one else was available to spar, back before he had been claimed and felt such a strong need to prove himself. Now he knew this had been the way of the children of Nemesis, a need to push to master a skill, a task, another goal; back then it had just felt like another thing he needed to achieve to show his worth at the camp.

"I think so long as the older campers are spread out it will be as much of a learning lesson as anything, there are a lot of younger campers who need to be looked out for over any kind of full out warfare training." He thought back to the past, without Chiron and Dionysus there wouldn't be the same kind of oversight than there had been in the older days "I don't actually know who is going to look after everyone, I have a feeling us.." he held out his hands making bunny ears in the air "old folks might be sitting this one out to be able to help pull any injured out." 

"Oh yeah, I remember the days where I practiced scaling the wall. Many of my bones were broken well- not at the same time but I was happy to consume the camp's seemingly unlimited quantities if ambrosia. Each time I got one, they taste different because I usually crave something different. Not that I'm getting myself hurt just for the magic." He could not help but chuckle at his own comment. "I'll bet. I suppose the times back then were not the best examples of peace... but I am quite happy most of the campers did not experience it. They're... no. We're still children but we'd like to get some battle experience like you guys did. And the cabin leaders are doing their best to provide that. Lilythe and the others."

Joaquín smiled gleefully at him. "Of course. Gotta work those calories off, right? Hmm... I will do the southern face." He had no preference in which side of the wall he climbs because either one proved to be a challenge in every attempt. He scaled the wall more times can he could, broke more bones than he can count, all for the sake of being able to protect but being being competitive with himself is part of the reason for self-development. He wanted to make use of his agility and would gradually train to hone that gift. Bouldering is one of those methods which is why he always timed himself for every attempt.

"Ah, that figures. I suppose you old folks want to leave it to us to prove ourselves." He flashed him a grin. "Can't argue with that though." As the two of them finally approached the climbing wall, Joaquín went over to the southern face as he mentioned earlier. One of the best parts of the climbing wall is getting a glance at the view once you reach the top. It could either be the sea or the forests either of which are beautiful in their own nature. This is the same reason why he liked bouldering or hiking- because of the view from the top.

"Lithe won't push any of you further than you are capable of, Its what makes the camp actually forgiving. A place to actually learn rather than just gain the skills to survive the harsh world." Azrael hadn't been near the wall itself in years but he hadn't slacked in his training and active duties while he had been in New Rome.

As he heard Joaquín agree to the southern face he smiled, he enjoyed the north with its smell of the salt water and view when you hit the top. As they approached he saw the wall was free of any classes or groups of campers, it was always easier not to need to wait around for them to free up. He took the time to look over the surfaces, looked like it was at a bit of a lower setting and Chiron had changed the lava flow somewhere in the last four years. He looked over at Joaquín as he prepared himself for his climb on the opposite side. 

He took the time to mentally plot his way upwards, choosing handholds and limiting the risk of the hot streams of lava ending up in his route. He looked back over and mentally prepared himself for at least a challenge if not a defeat, although he had the longer reach from his height and a few more years of this, the children of Hermes could scamper up a vertical surface like a goat and he never had beaten Lilythe up the side of one of these, though that was as much her own aptitude as it was her god given powers.. As he caught Joaquín's eye, having both prepared, mentally and physically he said "Countdown from three sound good?" and with that he started the count.. "Three... Two.. One.."

Without looking over he leapt at the bottom of the rocky face, strong muscles pulling and dragging himself practiced and smoothly upwards in controlled movements...

Joaquin did hear that things were harsh at camp much before he entered into this Greek realm. Most of the classes people took were about training. Swordplay, archery, scouting, battle tactics, mythology, and the creatures they could expect to face. He could not begin to fathom what it was like back then so he was mentally grateful that there was more camper enrichment. If demigods to come to camp, they might as well expect to have fun, right? All while learning some new skills not typically taught to them beyond the boundary.

Happy to see that no one else was occupying the wall, he stood before the southern wall and tilted his head upwards. His eyes were looking at the top and slowly made their way to the ground level. "Sounds good." The setting would not be that difficult but he preferred it to be a little bit higher. He shrugged at the thought and began to sprint towards it before hurling himself. Once he reached the wall, both of this hands grappled the rocks that kept him from falling as he firmly set his foot to another pair of rocks. He preferred not to plan as he likes the thrill of having something thrown at him randomly. He did not have the build like Azrael but he was nimble - and he believed that is one of his core strengths.

His body carried him slow and steady across the rugged wall, just waiting for something he could abruptly dodge. 

Azrael knew better than to keep checking on his opposition, he would win or lose based on his own actions. The two could not have shown different approaches, the child of nemesis was through, following a path he had analysed, steady and strong, ready for any shift of the wall. He knew the children of Hermes could scamper out of the way of trouble like a mountain goat, and were about as predictable in their path.

He got into the zone, pick the next point, stretch and grab, follow up with solid footing and keep a steady momentum. He hadn't done this in years but Rome had kept him limber and in peak fitness and his muscle memory of this task kicked in. Careful to note the movements above him in the rock face, predicting and preparing for each boulder, each threat of a lava flow.

He finally dragged himself to the top and pulled himself up to standing, the brightness of the sun and the sea breeze off long island sound hitting him, enough of a prize for him in his own challenge. He took a look over to the other wall to see how team Hermes had gotten on with the challenges.

A part of him wanted to best his opponent and the thought of it made his heart jump. A grin curled the corners of his lips as he continued to scale the wall rather swiftly, in no thanks to his nimbleness. Joaquín kept his pace steady as his breath though there are times he had to perform a maneuver to avoid the incoming boulders and lava flow. It was not much but the frequency was keeping him distracted from how difficult it'll be. Just as he was about to grab another rock, he wasn't aware of one falling towards him until he dodged instinctively. He held into his new position on the wall with one hand for a moment before resuming the climb. Focus, you, focus... he thought.

It was not until he reached about a three quarters of the wall that he began perspiring. Some sweat began forming from his face but he was certain it was from the lava's heat and not from the energy he was exerting to the climb, but no matter. As long as he can experience the brisk air from the top of the wall, it may as well be worth the exercise. The boy increased his pace by grabbing any rock he can hold onto as soon as he was able to while making sure to avoid the wall's obstacles. 

To his luck, his body reached him to the top as he pulled himself up to stand, spreading his arms to feel the sun's rays as the sea salt zephyr touched the warmth on his cheeks.  He could not help but smile widely as he won the climb... or so he thought. He looked to the side and noticed Azrael enjoying the scenery. "Wow. I really thought I had you beat, I'll admit. Looks like I have a lot to learn. How does it feel to reach the top? Been a while since you've climbed.

Azrael upon seeing Joaquín looking around with a similar look of enjoyment at the top of the towers he could quite easily claim a hollow victory but without having anyone to actually judge the race it must have been pretty even. "Seemed to be pretty much neck and neck there. I guess we can find someone to spot for us for the rematch." he thought about the fact that he was older, taller and had trained on this kind of stuff every day between here and Camp Jupiter. "You know your god given capabilities are just going to get stronger as you train them, I suspect Lilythe would leave both of us standing if you could get her out of the big house long enough" He stopped for a moment, the idea of Lilythe in her full workout gear giving him a reason to pause "I am just glad a fair few of us are reaching an age we can test that theory out."

He took the time to take in the scene, overlooking the camp and taking the time to pick out spots, the big house, the volleyball field and so many other places that sparked memories of the campers of the past. "I can enjoy it from up here" he said taking in a breath of the fresh air "I can look out and see all the familiar places and remember the times that made it home." He took the time to look over at the edge of the boundary, from up here he could see the light rain that marked the start of fall approaching. "But time cannot be kept at bay, its a new generation of campers and I am glad to see they are preparing for a new future with very new and different challenges."

He took the time to look over at Joaquín before looking for the abseiling rope to make his way down the other side. "Appreciate the walk, talk and climb though, its been good to get out of the cabin for a bit" he only though the next bit While a decision is made... "but I should really start getting to know a bit more of this new Camp half blood I have found my way back to. starting with the rest of cabin sixteen if i can get them to open up."

He slowly pulled up the rope to make his way down, realizing that there was a little more to a life at camp than just that one decision that hung over him at that moment.

((Joaquín - Shout if there is any more you want to run through to finish this one up?))

Joaquín understood what he meant by the spoken outcome. He knew that maybe he was trying to be nice and avoided shoving it in his face which was something that he can respect. He never liked people who do that anyway. Still, it would need years of experience and training if he wanted to get as fast as him. He would probably be convinced if he had told him he was a Hermes child in disguise. "Now that you mentioned it..." The boy had rarely seen his older half-sister in her workout attire. He could not remember the last time but he could recall that she was so fast he felt the wind blow against him when she ran past him. "Ah yeah, she's been busy with her duties but that's what makes her a good acting director, right?" And definitely an older sister he wished he had.

His eyes overlooked the camp landscape. From the waves crashing into fireworks beach to the canopies of the forests, he could never get tired of this sight. Camp Half-Blood is a beautiful place and everyone made it so. A chilly breeze swayed over his somewhat built figure, expediting the cooling of his body. The boy took a deep breath of the sea-salt air that blew in their direction and for some trees it could make out that tiny specks of orange he could identify as leaves growing their orange color. It's the new season approaching. With the next words he had spoke, he seemed he'd make it as one of the teachers here. Was he planning on being one?

He smiled with a soft grin. "Of course, Mr. Blackburn. You just got back so I will leave you to catching up with the rest of camp. See you again!"

And with a wave, the Joaquín left the wall with a satisfied look on his face.

"He's good for Lilythe."

Fin.

Important Information

Terms of Use