bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

The East Woods

The Chronicler

The Storyteller

5472.jpg?width=1200&quality=85&auto=form

RPC 10) Create an elaborate plan.

A lot of the red team would be coming to the starting point which was in the north woods. James was trying to come up with an elaborate plan for the team to do as the Demeter kids were going to defend. Looking around to see who was all there, he began to wave his arms at the Red Team. "Heyyy everyone, come over here" he said to them as he wanted to bring them all together to talk. This was going to be a lot of fun.  "So I was thinking of a plan for the team and I want every one to help" he said loudly to them all. The other team would be somewhere in the woods but they would have to find them, get around their defense and then get the flag. But it would take them all working as a team to get there! 

Tag Red team

• Like 1

Oh, he was so ready. Capture that flag was something that he had been waiting for for a while now. To say the truth, he had been waiting since the summer time had started. He knew that now with his new found ability that it was going to become of some use to him...or rather them. His whole team. It wasn't like he was going to win it all without them. He was just about to run off to do his own thing when he noticed that James was motioning for them to come there. He blinked a little as he walked over to them. Listening to what he was saying. "Oh a plan." he said as he fixed his helmet on his head a little. His sword in his other hand. "I'm up for a good plan, do tell." He told the older camper as his brothers came behind him. 

The Storyteller

After having their flag captured once more, the Red team was given a new directive, they were to head to East Woods and set their flag within  it. The team trekked into the forest, and managed to set their flag. Hopefully it would be protected well enough to prevent the blue team from finding it once more. 

Flag-red-icon.png

Emberlynn was high on adrenaline and excitement. She'd done it. She'd really done it! Not only had she managed to grab a flag for her team, but she'd gone head to head with an adult demigod and survived! To the tiny girl, that victory was enough to make up for at least most of the terror she'd faced throughout the day. In doing so, she'd completed her most important objective. Ember had actually been useful to her team. It felt so good to be a part of something - a feeling she'd been straining to grasp ever since she'd been dropped off at Camp Half-Blood. Still pumped from her victory, she set out in search of the enemy's new location.

She was approaching the East Woods when she heard male voices. The little girl quickly dropped low, ducking behind some bushes. It sounded as though they were planning an attack. After a few moments of hiding, she risked peaking up to see who was talking. Mr. Selway! Dang, it had to be another of the adults, didn't it? It seemed he had called the red team's defenders into a huddle to talk strategy. Still, there was a positive to that. Perhaps if she was quiet enough, she could snatch another flag while they were all distracted... 

The Storyteller

Emberlynn was able to grab the flag and make a break for the Blue Team's base. It was a long and arduous journey, with the Red Team hot on her heels. But eventually she was able to take it back to the Blue Team's base, claiming 1 point for her team. 

Blue has successfully captured the Red Team's flag, Red Team your flag will be placed in a new location (check your PMs). 

The Storyteller

The Blue team was given a new directive after their flag was captured, they were to head to the eastern part of the woods and set their flag. The team trekked into the forest, and managed to set their flag. Hopefully it would be protected well enough to prevent the red team from finding it. 

Flag1-blue.ico

Azrael had been trying to avoid taking to the field too directly, he knew Lilythe had sorted the teams so that there were a couple of older campers on each side but dueling off against the campers, some of which were literally half his size seemed a bit much. Thinking about the others lead him back to thoughts of facing off against Lilythe while their reconciliation was still in its early stages or Shadow, would their duel on the top of Zeus' fist.. hell it had nearly happened again with that new child of Iris..

Pulling himself together, he began to slowly creep through the depths of the undergrowth towards a familiar and very tantalizing cloth of a blue flag. He said a silent prayer to mother that this was not just another illusion or trick as he reached out to pull the flag back and into the bushes.....

"And just what do you think you're doing?"  Emberlynn asked, stepping between the blue team's flag and a man she now recognized quite well. She'd built quite a bit of confidence grabbing two flags in a row. The last bout, however, had dampened her mood a bit. Though at least this time she was at "home base". What's more, it was in a place the girl had scouted when it was in enemy territory. Every advantage here would be valuable, especially since she was up against...

Azreal. Yep. There was no mistaking that face. If last time had been an unfair match, this meeting was straight up rigged. Here there were no slippery rocks to make him hesitate. Just a thirteen-year-old girl and a sword she didn't know how to use. Still, she pointed it with all the dramatic flair she could. "Ah, Sir Azreal." She'd taken to calling him that in her head, as he'd reminded her so much of a fantasy knight before. "We meet again!"

Azrael twirled the blade in his hand "Mostly being that distraction we talked about.." he said with a flourish. He had been looking after the younglings on his side, but had heard about how much she had made her mark made upon the game so far.

He began to slowly circle her, beginning to push her to move back and out of the reach of the flag, making space from both of them "You know, I hear Dustin teaches a good class on using those. though I would wait until after the game. He tends to be a bit ruthless when the game is going."

The assault on the flag shouldn't be a one man plan, but he could be the front line distraction for as long as he could, sure he could charge over her for the flag and make a break for it, but that didn't seem the fairest... yet.

"Dustin... Ah yes, the combat instructor. I unfortunately have yet to make use of his services. Just arrived shortly before this game started, you see. " She kept talking, looking for opportunities to put more distance between him and the flag. If he truly did have backup, this wasn't going to end well for her. She doubted she'd be able to fend off one combatant for long, much less two. But if it was distraction... Well, that was a game she was good at. Perhaps she could keep him talking until help arrived.

Just keep a cool head, Em. You won last time... kind of. And you can do it again. "Tis a pity I'm not on his team then. So far the most ruthless person on blue team I've met is... Well, little ol me! And I hardly count now, do I?"

She just had to keep him talking. So long as the rest of the blue team was nearby, they could come help drive off the attackers. Surely there was someone around she could rely on... She hoped.

Azrael kept moving around and about the little one, she had a good balance and if she had been given a lighter weapon might be able to make some good use of it, for now it was a heavy burden more than anything else. taking on some of her archaic and chivalrous tones he replied "I am sure your classes will begin in earnest, come the morrow..."

She was a precocious little one, reminded him of a certain camp director when she was causing chaos when he had arrived at the camp so many years ago. "Oh.. the real dangers of your side only come out at night." he said thinking of the actual dangers he had seen from the hex crafters of Hecate. "The monsters of this forest pale in comparison to what those of your team have wrought before...He took one of his dueling daggers and held it aloft in a salute.

He liked this kiddo, he was glad it wasn't one of the Nike or Ares lot pressing the attack on the flag this time - they tended to go all out with their combats. This kind of verbal sparring at least felt a little fairer.

"Truly? Well, I cannot wait until nighttime then!" Emberlynn was excited to learn her team had some powers she had yet to witness. She noticed he had picked up a bit on her speech pattern. Suits him, she thought. Or rather, it suited the knightly image of him she had in her head. Ember had grown up loving old fantasy movies and cartoons. Being wide-eyed and a bit pretentious (as middle schoolers tended to be), she had quickly gotten the impression that an extensive vocabulary would make her sound more elegant. Besides, if she was going to become like her favorite heroines, she needed to look and speak the part.

Of course, no matter how much she pretended, she knew she wasn't on the level of her adversary. She assumed the older campers here had seen many battles of their own. Real battles. And the combat prowess he showed was nothing if not a sign of experience. "Monsters... I take it you've faced a few in your time?"

RPC 8.) Follow the trail.

Katie would love to be chilling in the cabins but the flag capturing has already begun and she had to be alert than most days. They weren’t as athletic as Ares and Apollo so she hoped they weren’t going to end up fighting against them. Although she had been training most of the times so she wasn’t afraid that the flag would be stolen that easily, even if she was still new around. She was walking along the forest when she spotted a suspicious trail of footsteps. She managed to be hideous enough and followed all the way. It brought her to the blue team flag and she saw one from the red team and the other from hers. Ah, but they weren’t fighting at all, instead they were having a small chat. She wondered if this was kind of tactic the red team had. Being an Athena was all about strategies and logics, so she was cautious about it. ”Oh hey Emberlynn……need some help?” She recalled the names from the team list the cabin leaders posted, it seemed that she was the same age as the Iris girl. She turned to the Nemesis halfblood with a smile, keeping calm facing the opponent team. Even if it was the games she still didn’t want to make an enemy of anyone here at camp. After all she was a peacemaker.

Azrael was still holding weapons, still making an offense on the flag but seemed cautious to actually spar with the Iris cabin member. He realized that blade fighting with an untrained combatant was as likely to injure them with their own weapon as would his. He continued to circle but could see as easily as the newly arrived Athena camper that he could not outmaneuver two against one.

"I fought in the wars; demigods, gods and titans. Hopefully nothing you kids need to go through. Monsters however are our bread and butter here." He realized that the return of more of the blue team meant that the conversation would only go on so much longer. "But this game is much more for knowing who you are fighting back to back with and I am beginning to feel a little outnumbered."

He didn't want to fight them directly, he also didn't want to get captured by their side. He sprinted forward and made one last grab towards the flag before making plans to retreat to find his reinforcements. He had hoped they would have snuck in for the flag while he made a distraction but no luck was forthcoming for him this fight.

"I'd love some help!" Emberlynn smiled at the new arrival. Finally, someone else from the blue team. She stood by the girl, more confident now that she was not alone. "Good to see a friendly face. Well, Sir Azreal... It seems that question I asked earlier as tho whose reinforcements would be the first to arrive - it took a bit, but it seems we have our answer!"

The man lunged forward to grab at the flag, but she managed to get in an effective block - a move that surprised her more than anyone. "If you've got backup of your own, best call it now."  The colorful girl gave a wide grin, empowered by the blue team's suddenly superior numbers. She looked more confident now. Emberlynn had always been at her best when she had a friend by her side. "That, or face the wrath of myself and... and..." She paused a moment, looking to her companion. It occurred to her that while the girl had known her name, Em had no clue what hers was. "And this amazing girl beside me! Ah- what is your name?"

(2) 

Katie was looking at the Nemesis demigod as she wondered how old he was dindce he looked far older than they were. It was easy to take them down if he had grater strength than both of them girls. Dang this was hard. She made some mental racalling on the war and strategy class she had here, any war tactics they had. “Katie Rose... Nice to meet you.” She recalled seeing very few of the Iris members but really admired their artistic abilities. She was good at craft herself but it was mainly for battles and she hadn’t really been practicing it since camp. They were now two against one for combat if they needed to, but she hoped the other blue team would come as well. No worries though, they had the wits of Athena in the team, even if it was against Ares children. 

Laney had noticed Azrael from a ways back. Though as she gotten closer to him, she noticed that he was there with two others from the blue team. She knew that there were others around, just didn't know where. She cleared anyone around the outside of the flag and posted on the hill top making sure that Azrael could see her but the others couldn't. She didn't want them to notice that she was there at the moment. She had already gotten to help Dustin grab the blue flag once. Though Creepy as it was, he was able to do it with ease. She would have nightmares of those skeletons for a week, she was pretty sure. She snuck down and as quietly as she could went for the flag.

• Like 1

Azrael caught sight of Laney as he kept talking to the younger campers, maybe just maybe he could lead them away, he had made enough of a show about his plans to exit the camp already.

He made sure not to tread as lightly as he normally would to leave a light trail on the way out the base. His last call back as he left the base was one of "I fear the little lady doth bluster too much" and began a sprint to escape the other team and look for those reinforcements.

Emberlynn watched as Azreal darted off, followed closely by her blue teammates. She was just about to follow when a small movement caught her eye. Spinning around, she saw another girl with her hand only inches from the flag. She looked after the others for a moment, hoping they wouldn't get too far ahead of her, before leaping forward to push the girls hand away. "Watch out!" she called to the defensive side. "There's more of them!" 

For a moment she was torn. She wanted to go after the others and get back on the offensive side, but she couldn't very well just let this camper take their flag from them either. This would have to be dealt with quickly. There's still time, she thought. If I hurry, I can be part of both. I can help our team win.

Azrael took the time to loudly escape the base, keeping the noise up, then quickly dodged into the undergrowth to double back on himself and aim to sneak through the heavy scrub near the flag. This had been his and Lilythes go to when in wilderness actions and she had always had his back. It was odd having been away from it and those kind of missions while he was in New Rome but the reactions stayed with him as he ended up lying on the ground to not disturb the foliage.

He crawled ever closer seeing Laney and Emberlynn beginning to scuffle, he caught her eye as he reached out to pull the blue flag quietly back and away from the conflict so he could make a break for it.

(3)
Katie was in the middle of the defensive and offensive side, so she was busy hustling around. Thanks to her light weight she could really run fast and in time. She heard Emberlynn shouted and she turned to see another from the red team, Laney . She couldn’t risk the flag being stolen this time. She quickly checked if the blue flag was still there. She caught sight of Azrael silently grabbing the flag away when the blue team wasn’t aware. Shoot. ”Nooo! Not a chance Mr She nudged Emberlynn and stepped in front of Azrael to stop him from escaping with their flag.

Edited by Katie Rose

Azrael uses his full height over the campers to pull back and launch the flag over their heads and out to Laney to make a break for it to the camp.

As quickly as he was blocked in he disappeared back into the undergrowth, wary of the ire of these campers and with a definite need to keep the red flag safe from their next advance...

((I think we just passed the hour mark on this one... ? ))

The Storyteller

Azrael was able to grab the flag and make a break for the Red Team's base. It was a long and arduous journey, with Katie hot on his heels. But eventually he was able to take it back to the Red Team's base, claiming 1 point for his team. 

Red has successfully captured the Blue Team's flag, Blue Team your flag will be placed in a new location (check your PMs). 

(Katie's defense was over an hour after Azrael's post, so the defense failed.)

The Storyteller

The Blue team was given a new directive after their flag was captured, they were to head deep into the eastern part of the woods and set their flag upon it. The team trekked into the forest, and managed to set their flag. Hopefully it would be protected well enough to prevent the red team from finding it. 

Flag1-blue.ico