bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Muggle Mischief.

Tristan Damaris

The child of Hecate was perched on a sturdy branch of an aspen tree, reading a hardcover copy titled Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. He had always been a fan of the series since he was a little kid and he wound up escaping to it whenever he got abused by his stepmother. Day after day, he would fantasize himself in the Potterverse and manifested those thoughts into writing. He eventually created his first fanfiction and showed it to is late father but his work was later ripped to shreds by his stepmother out of spite. Still, he never let her got in the way of his writing and continued to do so in secret. Today, he felt like rereading the entire series for who knows what time while the leaves of the tree slightly shook from the light breeze. The high sunlit clouds drifted across the clear blue sky. The whole landscape was bathed in a warm glow of the sun that had risen. When he glanced at his surroundings, a random thought crossed his mind and checked the date and time by uttering the spell. What appeared before him is a faint, cloudy text that depicted the trivia he needed. That's right, this is the week that more campers will come back since they are out of school for the summer, he thought to himself.

Tristan held the book on his lap while having a leg cross over the other. What laid on the under leg is a lucky cat bookmark with a red string tied to a tiny hole on one end for easy grab. It was given to him by his father when they had gone to a stationary store called Paper Plant Co which sold curated stationary and houseplants. @ Dahlia Wakabayashi

• Like 1

Dahlia was one free spirit that loved to be outside or around others. Being one with such a bubbly personality she found herself constantly making friends as she grew up. Not one to be the popular in her year she was one that knew almost everyone. It was as if she loved to find even the quiet kids to talk to them and get to know them. Of course there were always the ones who disliked her for being such a nice girl. But nonetheless she did not let that stop her from trying to get to know more and more people. 

When she came to camp last year, it was no different so she started with her own cabin. Becoming close to almost all of the Demeter children. It was kind of nice that she had siblings now as she felt quite alone when she was growing up. Dahlia found herself growing super close to Luca who was only a bit older than she. Earlier that day she had been out in the woods reading some of her manga Horimiya vol 02. One of her friends had recommended it to her so she had been glued to it since she got to camp. The slow burning of the romance building up was one that she just loved.  But looking up at the sun she realized it was time for lunch. "Ohhhhhh noooo" she said closing the book and standing up. She then began to rush off towards the mess hall where she knew she could find lunch.....maybe one of her half siblings would be there? 

Just as she was passing through an area, her gaze saw a boy (Tristan) sitting in an Aspen Tree. This little distraction was just enough where her foot caught the root of a tree and down she went "ooooppppffffffff" was the sound out of her mouth as she landed on the ground.  

Edited by Dahlia Wakabayashi

Tristan was in the middle of Chapter 5: Diagon Alley where Harry arrived in Ollivander's to buy himself a new wand for his first year in Hogwarts. He was about to move on but reading that text brought him to reminisce the moments where he was instructed to use a wand to channel his magic through the instrument. The younger children among his half-siblings tend to use them since they don't have the control to do wandless magic so as they get older, the wands will grow impractical and will then be passed along to the newer members once control over their magic is developed. Being a Harry Potter fan himself, Tristan was very excited to be given his first wand. Every one of those instruments are made with the wood from the forests within camp and then a spell is performed so that it can harness magic. He still keeps his wand to this day but only when he is dressing up as a Ravenclaw student.

A soft grunt from below interrupted his train of thought and he immediately leaned towards the side only to see a black-haired girl land on the ground. Alarmed by the sight, he closed his book and hopped down to run to her aid. "Hey!" He began with a soft voice as he helped her back up, relieved that she did not suffer from an injury though if there was a scratch, he could cast a spell now to heal that. "I'm not sure why are you in such a hurry but you should be more careful. If you'd like, you can sideline and we can take a trip to the infirmary." Giving her a soft smile, his lips curled as he introduced himself. "I'm Tristan, child of Hecate. And who might you be?

• Like 1

The promise of a yummy lunch was what was driving the young girl to go so quickly through the woods. With the little distraction of the boy in the tree, it was a combo that brought her down to the ground. She was however okay except for a scratch which was lucky for her. It took her a moment to realize the boy that was in the tree with his book was now on the ground helping her. Her eyes looked up to see him "ohhhhhh hiiiiii" she said nervously laughing as she then realized all that had happened to her. "don't worry about me butttt the tree might be hurt" she started to say worried she had hurt it as she tripped. Looking at the tree quickly it seemed it was all okay. Taking a sigh of relief she laughed again. "Ummmm hi Tristan boy in the tree who is child of Hecate, I am Dahlia child of Demeter"  the smile still on her face as she was a tad bit embarrassed of the whole situation. 

Starting to push herself off the ground she dusted herself off. Getting up she looked around "What were you reading anyways?" Her curiosity got the best of her as it was just another part of the reason she stumbled. How often do you see a boy in a tree reading!

When the girl looked up, all he could do was smile out of relief. She is okay and her face is pretty as if a black petunia flower bloomed right in front of him. A bushy mass of a black velvet flower - her jet black hair that matches the colors of the petals. When he helped her up, her concern for the tree brought him to softly chuckle. He did not know where she tripped but it seemed like her foot touched that root over there. It would even make more sense of she is a child of Demeter with their shared concern for plant life. Though when she spoke, it actually confirmed his suspicions - evident by his eyes widening momentarily. He shook his head to prevent his thoughts from potentially interrupting their first encounter before smiling once more. "I'm sure the tree does not mind." He glanced over to it before returning his gaze towards Dahlia. Now noticing that she has a scratch, he licked his lips. "If you can just pause..."

Tristan simply muttered a phrase in Latin and thew scratch on her face became undone within a second. Sure, the magic is weak during the day but what's the harm in casting a spell that requires little energy? "There you go. Now you can go to the Big House as if you never tripped." He gave her a wink though when she asked, Tristan was taken aback. He became a little hesitant with the question as he slowly hid the book behind his back but it was a short burst of the moment when he decided otherwise. He showed her the front, hardcover book of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. "It's Harry Potter. I don't show this just to anyone but I love this series. I think it's my sixth time starting it." He did not know why, but he anticipated on what she was going to say. She won't make a rude comment, right?

• Like 1

Her gaze went to the boy's face who seemed kind by the way he was looking at her. It wasn't surprising that she hadn't met him yet as the camp was filled with many campers. In her first summer here, Dahlia had focused on just getting down some skills in archery and with her own abilities. But this summer was going to be a bit different as she wanted to meet more campers. With each cabin came different strengths and weaknesses which they could all learn from. Dahlia totally distracted by how she might have harmed the tree came back to the boy in front of her when his laughter made her smile. "Ohhh I hope not" she blushed a little as she looked at him with her shy smile as she heard him ask her to stay still. Freezing she did not what was wrong but there was something about Tristan she just trusted as he began to speak latin. Only having heard about the hecate children's abilities, it was very interesting to see it in person. The pain that was once on her cheek was gone, her hand instinctively went to it "Thank you Tristan" she looked at him with her genuine smile.  

The wink was what sealed it, the blush that had started on her cheeks went so red that her hands went to her face. "Yeah that might be a bit embarrassing for others to know. I mean the others in cabin 4 know I can be a bit ummmmm clumsy but I will try and be more careful" Trying to distract herself a bit she wondered what book had him in a tree on a day like this. Watching him a smile came on her face as she could see that maybe he really liked the book. But hearing that it was Harry Potter a giggle erupted from her as she clasped her hands together "Ohhhh I love those books, do you know which house you are? I am a Hufflepuff" she finished saying as she was so excited to find someone else who also enjoyed the series. Growing up it was one that was talked a lot about so she knew she just had to read it. To her the idea of Herbology seemed like a ton of fun! 

"Of course, Dahlia. It's my pleasure. I am always available to help but you can always go to a child of Apollo if you are in the mood for a song. It's not for you though, it is for their father." He could not help but grin at his own remark, knowing that they sing to their father so they can heal injuries. "But please do be careful. I'd rather not see you get hurt again, okay?" Giving her a pat on the shoulder, he let her absorb his question as he pondered what to say next. Silence befell on the pair as the two just stood there as if they did not want to part just yet. He knew she was in a hurry to go to the Big House so what was she doing here again? A soft breeze blew through their area, causing the grass and leaves to rustle. Tristan was about to suggest accompanying her to her destination when she brought up his book, only to be rather shocked from her reaction that gave forth.

"Wait you do?" He helped himself with another smile for the moment. He felt elated to hear that another camper has expressed such a similar interest and the only reason no one else knew is because he is a child of Hecate so belief in another fiction's magic may be normal to some. "According to that online quiz everyone takes, I'm a Ravenclaw. I would still believe that even without that quiz though." Tristan let out soft giggle. "Please excuse me. I'm happy to know you like the series too. Why don't we have a chat over it while I accompany you to the Big House? You would usually see me practicing my magic but today I am free." He paused. "Of course, it's okay if not. It did sound like you were in a rush earlier."

Edited by Tristan Damaris
  • Like 1

Meeting campers like Tristan made her really love being at camp as she felt like she did not have hide behind a mist to hide who she was. Being a child of Demeter she had to be careful when in public as to not be in control of her abilities, especially if a monster caught her scent. It had happened before when she was younger, being attacked by the Yakuza made her use her abilities. "Okay thanks Tristan" feeling the heat in her face as feelings inside of her were bubbling up. His hand that patted her shoulder feeling like an electric feeling that went through her body. This guy just met her but seemed to care if she got hurt. This gave her Horimiya feels which made her want to squeal with giddiness but she would control herself. Only those in her cabin had ever really showed her how much they loved and cared for her. 

Curiosity got the best of her as she had to ask about the book he had been reading. Finding another book reader was great as they could share the different books they find. Her reaction was one of her being herself. Excited to see they had something in common. "Oh yessss they are amazing books. I just wish I could go to Hogwarts" a dreamy sigh came out of her before she giggled once again. Seeing him talk about taking the quiz made her put her hands behind her back as she tilted her head watching him with a smile. "Ohhhh a cleaver one you must be and ohhh that would be lovely. I was just a bit hungry and realized I had been sitting outside reading for too long" she laughed again as she closed her eyes.  

Making sure she had her bag she looked around before her eyes stopped on Tristan "Soooooo who is your favorite character???" 

Tristan had been a closeted nerd for some time and there had been some factors in his personal life that had influenced him to be this way, mainly his stepmother. He knew she would do everything in her power to make his life miserable without intervention so he kept to himself in his room most of the time and would eat in the dinner table with his father. By the same coin, he used Harry Potter as a medium for escapism along with several other fantasy novels he could get lost in. He felt that he can align so much with Harry that he often wished to go to Hogwarts instead of being stuck at home. Though once he was claimed by his godparent, he felt that his dream partially came true. Camp Half-Blood is no Hogwarts, but he can still harness magic and wield the shadows. No Ravenclaw robes either but he was not complaining. "I wish I can go to Hogwarts too, but I like this place." Away from his mother then so he had been staying here since he arrived. "Don't tell my mom that." He was instinctively waiting for some sort of hint that she heard what he said but to no avail.

"I like reading too, but not too long. Make sure to take breaks so you don't fry your mind. The book won't go anywhere." Indeed, he loves the fantasy genre but there are other things he liked to do that take up his time. Other than cultivating his demigod abilities, he liked to get some exercise in so he can stay fit but he would not think about the extreme nature of physical activity with the exception of Capture the Flag. At least, not yet anyway. "I can relate. Sometimes when I read, I grow hungry and I don't even know I'm hungry unless I put the book down." Placing a hand on the rear of his neck, he rubbed it while chuckling awkwardly. "I wish I can just make food materialize out of thin air but it doesn't work that way." He shrugged.

"My favorite... I love Harry. His character resonates me more than I know." He began. "I know he is the main character but I trust that my reason makes my choice an exception." At the moment, he did not want to say anymore but he will think about it when he spends enough time with her. For now, he felt like he could be comfortable around her. "He is quite something, I can tell you that at least. What about you? Who is your favorite?"

• Like 1

There was just something about going off to Hogwarts that was magical and different than going to camp. If she had a choice maybe she would stay at camp year around but then again her dad would be alone.......The thought of him out there by himself made her sad. "Yeah camp is a great place, I am just sad I only get to come in the summers." pausing for a moment she tilted her head  "This is only my second year here." But the next thing Tristan said made her wonder why would she not tell his mom. Was he talking about Hecate or the woman back home he called mom? Maybe later she would ask questions. Dahlia was not about to make this boy uncomfortable after she just met him.

Nodding she laughed a little "I am guilty of that as I just love reading. I get so swept up in it that I forget where I am." Maybe this was because Dahlia felt like the worlds she read about were magical. like her own. Hoping to read a happy ending. In truth most demi-gods never have a happy life or a happy ending as the monsters took care of that. It was a life of being ready to be on guard all the time unless you were at camp and New Rome. Hearing that Tristan also did not realize his hunger level when reading. A soft smile went on her face "If only you could" she giggled. 

Happy to have the company back to the big house, it made her happy to get to know another camper. Asking about Tristan's favorite character she listened as he talked about harry. A curious look came on her face when Tristan had said that he resonated with him. There was something there that she did not know or understand just yet but for now she would say her favorites first  "My favorite is Luna Lovegood" a smile on her face as she turned sideways toward him "because she is odd like me and the fact she is so cleaver.......most don't even give her a chance or see what a wonderful person she is" Dahlia remembered when she got to the fifth book and read about her. Luna was such a strong character in her eyes but she also never gave up who she was for anyone else. 

The walk to the big house was not a far one but it was a pretty one with all the trees they were walking through. "Sooooo Tristan, ummmm why do you connect with harry a lot?" She thought maybe this was a safer question than the one about his mom. Her look at him was one of kindness. 

"It's my third." Tristan interjected. "Yeah, don't get me wrong- I do love this place. It's like... the next best thing compared to Hogwarts. Sure we don't wear robes or get sorted into one of the three houses, but there is a charm this place has that the magic institution does not. And if you think about it, our immortal parents "sort" us into their cabins." He simpered, pleased with the comparison he had just made. Hearing that she would only come in the summers, it made sense when he saw her last summer but did not show up before the fall season began. It's alright- Campers have a life beyond the boundary. They go to school, home with their families... the thought made Tristan somber for the moment. He had been keeping up with his studies because he wanted to go to college someday but he does not have a home to come back to. Not anymore. He shook his head a bit.

Only to beam at her when she's expressed her love for reading. "I can totally relate. As you read word per word, you feel like you are entering the world the author has presented for us in their work. Granted, sometimes those worlds seem better than reality but they do provide comfort for me. There would also be an instance when I would read and I get distracted in my own thoughts about the information I absorbed- then I would lose track so I would have to take the moment to find where I left off." Tristan could not help but laugh. It would have taken longer to finish the book but he liked taking this time to get lost in his own thoughts. 

Upon the mention of Luna Lovegood, he raised his eyebrows for the moment. He did not think someone would have taken a liking to her as most people would choose someone else as the character can be quite different but that is what makes her stand out. "I love her too." He added. "She has this... unbelievably rare quality of actually not giving a damn about what everybody else thinks of her. People at school call her names but Harry just takes her seriously. Like asking what certain animals are even though he knows they aren't real. He's just super nice to her. I just think they have great chemistry. Better with her than Ginny anyway. Not that I'm opposed to the ship." Luna was someone that he would find himself being friends with, starting with the admiration of her confidence. And for someone who treasures friendships with the memorabilia in her room, she deserves someone like Harry to take on that role.

"This man..." He referred to the character in question. "... was extremely brave, loyal, and selfless person who possessed tremendous strength of character. He would be prepared to put his friends' needs and best interests first because he loves them. To the point where he was pushed to violently attack Bellatrix and Snape." He paused as he get a gaze onto her after halting his tracks. "I would do that too." He was content that she had worded her question as such because his life and Harry's life before they went to camp and Hogwart's respectively bears a resemblance to each other.

• Like 1

It was nice to know Tristan wasn't too much old than she as he had been at camp for three years. Last year she was dealing with trying to find her dad all over again. Getting separated from him in the explosion, it took her satyr friend going out to find him for her to go live with him again. The reunion was such a joyous one with tears. Nodding her head to the next part she knew tristan was right after all. They were sorted in their cabins with a magical barrier around the camp. "That is true, I just wish I had magic.....I mean I do love being able to control plants but it would be cool if I could do magic like you" she had admitted this without thinking as she had just met the boy. To tell him that she thought he was cool well was embarrassing. Red crept into her cheeks as she turned away a bit as she tried to hide it. 

Once she felt herself calm down after a few seconds she turned back to talk about reading as it was one of the things she loved to do. The two of them seemed to have this in common. It felt nice to meet someone and have so much in common so quickly. A part of Dahlia wondered if the two of them would become good friends as she was just close to those in her cabin. "That happens to me too" she giggled "Some authors are just so wonderful in the worlds they create. I just love the magic they bring to life"  A sigh came out of her as she looked dreamly out to the sky. 

The two of them began to quickly talk about their favorite characters in the harry potter books which lead to more conversations. With Tristan saying he loved Luna Lovegood too. Dahlia's face was one of so much excitement. To get to share with someone else her love for a character was nice. A part of her felt as if she related to Luna. "Wow I don't I have ever heard anyone say that about Luna and Harry, but I can see it." She finished saying thinking about all the times the two of them had been in the books together. "I do love that he took her to the party that Slughorn held" she giggled thinking about Luna's amazing style. "I always hoped for a friend like that...you know." It was true that she had to leave most of her friends back in Kyoto with her Satyr friend being the only one she had until she met her cabin. But that was very different than someone who was just a friend.

The time she was spending with Tristan was one she was enjoy quite a lot. More than she could have imagined as she had never met him until now. Trying to get to know him a bit more she listened as he spoke. A sweet look of happiness on her face as she watched Tristan. She could tell he was very passionate about harry. Wondering if he too related to the character like she did Luna. Seeing him stop she also did, tilting her head "That is brave of you" she said to him "Anyone who is your friend would be lucky then, wouldn't they. I mean that is a tremendous amount of love" her look of kindness never left him.  "Do you feel connected to harry in that way? Like do you feel your life is like his?" 

"Magic like me?" Tristan's eyes dilated. "Hmm... I think having the power to control plants is still considered magic in itself. Plant magic. You and your half-siblings just have a better knack for it and we do. Besides, I'm certain that there is a lot more to being Demeter's child than having a green thumb." Letting out a soft chuckle, he decided to make a quick stop to show her a magic trick to thank her for her blunt honesty. It is not something he would expect to hear from another camper who can make plants grow within physical contact but he appreciated the thought. "Don't move. You have something stuck on you." A hand past her head to the back and with a flick of a wrist, a waterlily dahlia appeared out of thin hair as he held it with the hand before revealing it. Double bloomed, sparse curved, and shallow in depth, this particular breed of dahlia stood out to him when he was taking a stroll on the flowerbeds the other day. So when she spoke of her name, it reminded him of that flower. "Consider it a token of your honesty. And yes, it's real. Totally not a projection."

With every second he spends with her, he felt that they could connect the more they chatted. With books, there's virtually unlimited topics to hash out but Tristan has only dived into the fantasy genre but he has dabbled into true crime, science fiction, and romance. He was beginning to anticipate what their future meetings will entail because he does plan on seeing her again. "I could not agree more." He wanted to bring up another title he has read but it seems like Harry Potter will take up the conversation for a while but he did not mind. There is always another time.

Tristan gave her a wide-eyed expression along with a mouth forming an 'o'. "That's right, that's right! Harry asked her to come with him to the party. When they met that the entrance hall, the other girls were glaring at him. I suppose they wanted to be his date." He could not recall if that was actually it or if he was reading it into it too much. "I remember when Harry said his goal was to become and Auror and while Snape scoffed at the idea, Luna pulled him aside to advise against it- saying that Aurors were part of the Rotfang Conspiracy: an alleged plan to bring down the Ministry of Magic from within using dark magic and gum disease." He chuckled. "Definitely a Luna thing." Tristan was not confident in calling anyone a friend. Sure, he has chatted with campers since he arrived but he can't find himself to casually bring anyone up and say they are his friend. It was something he had to live with... until now. So without hesitation, he declared. "I could be your friend." All the signs are there and all he needed to do was to take a leap forward.

"I suppose. Hard to come by these days." He shrugged. Tristan witnessed Harry grew up to be a fine young man with people around him he can call a friend. He struggled, achieved, and overcame obstacles with help so he could not have gone this far without them. A part of Tristan felt envious despite having Uncle Al yet he is usually off doing his satyr duties. He could not blame him but there are days he wished he could just be there for him. "Maybe. We're orphaned." It was a white lie but he considered his stepmother as good as dead after facing abuse from her for years. He even found it to be a blessing not having anywhere to go rather than living with an uncle, aunt. and cousin who disregards your existence. It was obvious he did not want to speak anymore about their pasts' resemblance to each other, but he was kind enough to etch an awkward smile on his face. "It's a sensitive topic... I'm sorry I could not give you a more concise answer."

Soon, the Big House appeared within his vision and it won't be long before the pair arrived at the front porch. 

• Like 1

Dahlia was very set on how she felt about magic, true her abilities with plants were cool. She loved the connection with with earth in a way some only dreamed of. But having magic like Tristan was a lot boarder in that he could have power over so many things. "But yours isn't just to plants and the earth its magic over everything....I mean except the few things like food and such" she finished saying looking eager. The next moment she found herself stopping at Tristan's side as he began to do something....maybe it was more magic. Her heart began to race as her excitement elevated. Her eyes looked down at his hand to see the beautiful waterlily dahlia. This moment almost took her breathe away as it was so sweet of Tristan to do. The flower was one of the plants her dad attended to with the goddess in their garden. The beauty was one her dad had always told her she had. "Ohhhh Tristan, thank you" the tears were coming to her eyes from the kindness. Her hand reached out to take it as it touched his hand. A sweet smile on her face as she just looked at the flower with amazement. 

With some people you meet there is this unspoken connection you get almost instantly which was rare but it did happen. It was as if fate knew the two souls would set each other on fire. Making a chemistry that no one could deny. The two Demi-gods had just met but from Dahlia's side it was as if she had met Tristan before. It was so easy to talk to him and feel comfortable. Normally she was more guarded with the things she had been through but with him it was different. 

As the two of them went back and forth with parts in the book it was fun to talk about a series that had meant so much to her. Luna being a source of comfort as she herself was sort of different than most. The character taught her to be brave on who she was plus always be as creative as possible. "Well yeah they did, but he chose her but she didn't care that he was the chosen one. She just liked Harry for Harry" the smile and laugh after felt so nice. How many people would treat the demi-gods like the mutants in the marvel series if they only knew what their abilities could do? Dahlia looked from where she was walking back to Tristan as he spoke more. There was something about him that she found comforting. The way he got excite or was it his laugh? But when he declared he would be her friend she stopped, putting her hands together with the flower in them. "You would?" she looked down and back up with a smile with a curious look. "But if you mean it, I would love to be your friend Tristan."

Finding friends that were true and good was a hard thing to find. It took commitment to be there for them plus patience when they messed up to forgive them. So much of that happened in the books that taught her so much of how she could be a better friend. "The world seems like a crazy place but yes it does seem to be hard to find" she agreed with him. But books can be other things to the person reading them if they connected with the characters themselves. As Tristan began to talk about his own connection. When the words orphan came out of Tristan's mouth, Dahlia could feel the pain in her own heart. Last summer she went through a season where she too thought she lost her dad. "Ohhhh Tristan I am sorry" feeling the sadness he must feel at times. "Well you don't have to talk about it, I was just curious" she said looking worried she had hurt him in some way by bringing it up. 

Her face going red from feelings inside of a mixture of sadness for Tristan but also embarrassed as she hoped he still wanted to be friends. That was when she saw the big house "Ohhh we are almost there, I am so hungry" she said taking a big breathe trying to clear the air. When she looked down at her left hand, the Dahlia in it was looking even better than it did as her abilities were keeping it thriving. Moving her hand in a way, the broken stem began to grow a bit more. Then she tucked the stem behind her ear so the beauty of the flower was shining its brilliance against her jet black hair. "Come on we should be there soon" there was a pause where she wanted to hold her hand out for him to take but that was silly as the two just met right? 

"That's right- food." He interjected. "I hear your magic is not limited to making plants grow but it's not just flowers, my friend. Any life form considered to be a plant. Fruits, trees, vegetables. While I cannot make food just appear, you can grow them. You guys... can potentially cure world hunger. More plants, more animals so- meat, and more nature which clearly everyone in this world needs." He paused with a grin. "That's what I heard though. I wish I could elaborate." Tristan has not interacted with any of the children from that cabin often so Dahlia would be his first real conversation. Most of the information he had gotten from reading, chatter, and being a witness himself. There certainly lay a section of grimoires back in Cabin 20 pertaining to plant magic and its combat capabilities but further study requires having a deep understanding of nature which was something Tristan was not too keen in pursuing at the time. Now that he's met Dahlia, he's reconsidering just so they could practice it together. "Our magic is weak during the day, but it does get stronger during the evenings. Our magical capabilities can be quite... ambiguous, I'll admit."

"I meant every word, Dahlia. Just like what you said. I like you for you, not because you're a child of Demeter. A demigod's abilities only make a part of them." Tristan could not be any more ecstatic from an agreement of friendship. More often than not, Tristan felt lonely since he entered camp. Sure he had talked with other campers and his half-siblings but he'd usually keep to himself being fascinated with how much magic can he do. He can make himself sound like a people person but he has his reserves on forming connections aside from spending time with Asher whom is the only half-sibling he had spoken the most because the two shared a goal. Glancing down at the flower as she held it, it became more than some magic trick he did to impress her but a token of gratitude and their friendship. They had just met but he was beginning to feel comfortable around her presence despite him not being aware. Perhaps it is because a part of him just needed someone to relate to.

"It's... It's okay. I appreciate the curiosity. I don't believe anyone had ask me that." Except for Asher but she asked a different question to which he could not bring himself to give a response just yet. Knowing her, he would probably tell her at a later time - just now is not the best time. He could not bring himself to say this either but he wanted her to wait, to be patient with him. He wanted her to show that he could trust her so that he knows that he won't be hurt in the future. Tristan was lost in his own thoughts but the mention of hunger forced him out of his little trance. "Now that you mentioned it, I'm hungry too." As the two approached the Big House, he noticed that the flower he gave her looked like it had just bloomed and the stem kept it from falling from her ear. When did it have a stem? Either way, he knew it looked good on her.

Though when she paused to hold out her hand, he paused too. He glanced at it, longer than he should before looking up to her. His own slowly reaching out to meet hers, but it stopped to retract for the moment but they were already holding hands in the next. A faint red hue etched across his cheek as his face grew warm. It certainly is silly.

• Like 1

Everything that Tristan was saying was true as Luca had helped her the summer before on her abilities with plants that produce food. It was quite handy when your dad owned a farm. It was one that she was happy to use to help her dad with. "That is true but we also have to keep our abilities under wrap just like you" she said truthfully.  "So it isn't as if we could do all those things without the God's getting upset....or bringing more monsters to our attention" she said with a bit of fear in her voice. The thoughts in her mind went to the monsters she had to fight and the one explosion that happened that separated her and her dad. It was one of her dark memories just like the one when they left Kyoto. But coming out of these thoughts her gaze went back to Tristan who was talking about cabin 20 abilities. All she knew was that they had magic and it was strong at night. "Ohhhhhh then what do you do during the day?" she found herself asking. 

Some people say things in passing but you never know if they are serious which is why she asked Tristan if he was. His words felt as if he knew her fears deep in her heart. Speaking what she wanted to hear, it made tears come to her eyes. Not one of sadness but ones of happiness. "Ohhhhh that is wonderful, thank you Tristan. I feel honored to be your friend as well" she retorted back to him. Looking back to the flower in her hand, it seemed to be flourishing as if it could feel her happiness. When she used to get mad as a little girl the plants and flowers around her wilted a bit as if it could feel the tension she brought. 

Dahlia could see the question she had asked maybe brought up some unwanted memories. He seemed to understand her curiosity. Knowing how hard it was to be a demi-god she looked down then back at him. "Well if you ever do want to talk about it.......I am here okay" she said this with so much kindness. "But if not that is okay too" she said with a smile. Wasn't that what friends were for? To be there for the other when they needed it the most and also to know when to sit in silence. Happy to see the big House come into view. It would not be too much longer until well they got there and maybe made some food. OR they could be in luck with some demeter kid whipping up some great good already!!!! "Well then let's not take too long then, we got to eat so we can enjoy the rest of our day!" 

Holding out her hand was something she did no naturally as if she didn't have to think about it. Tristan was someone she just met but also felt as if she had known him for such a long time too. It was weird but it was how she felt. Not knowing what was going on, she saw Tristan's hand going for her own. Were they about to hold hands. The moment his was in her own. She looked forward trying not to freak out inside which she totally was!!!! The feeling was as if she was walking on air. "Come on we should go" she said looking at him with blush on her cheeks. Beginning to walk to the big house she could feel his hand in hers. It was a nice feeling really to have this with someone who wasn't her sibling or dad. Wondering what the others around them would think as they went more into camp. "Soooo ummm what do you like to do around camp?" she was trying to ask questions to break the silence that she felt. Maybe this was weird for him too but his hand was still in her own right?

"That's... right." Tristan was getting ahead of himself with what could a child of Demeter's abilities can do but he was then reminded of the consequences of using them outside of Camp Half-Blood. He did not know it at the time but it was not until he arrived at camp that his magic could attract monsters like that horde of hellhounds that trashed his birthday party and killed his father. The air between them grew somber for the moment as the thought made him tremble but her question brought him out of his trance. "I still practice my magic to an extent so I leave the more stronger and sophisticated spells for the evening. Even charms are doable at this time of day." The boy gave her a reassuring smile. "You'd also find me practicing my shadow power- umbrakinesis. I hear it's a rare one among Hecate children. I only know myself and my half-sister do have it and we occasionally meet up to cultivate this power. Like for example." Tristan opened his hand and shadows seemed from the ground to manifest a dark energy filled rapier. He grabbed it by the hilt as soon as it finished materializing and pointed it away from her so he doesn't accidentally cut her. "See? I can do this with other shapes and forms as well, just needs a bit of imagination."

Dahlia crying embarrassed him. If it was not for her, he would not have made such a bold statement. It was because of her that he was able to do so and he did not regret doing it though this sight of her was not something he'd expect. "I'm... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry. Umm...-" The girl was in his embrace the next moment as he firmly wrapped his arms around her. Feeling her body warmth close to her's, she could feel his face getting even more warm the more they hugged. It was the first intimate contact he did since he entered camp but it was all he could think of to get her to stop crying. When she parted, he wiped a stray tear off her cheek before giving her another reassuring smile. "You look prettier when you're not crying." Perhaps this comment may have offended her, but he never intended to do so in such way but rather complimented her.

Thanking her for her understanding, the two of them began to hold hands as they finally approached the Big House. Even though she brought up the grub they could grab, all he could think about was the hand holding. How soft her hand felt and how firm the grip was. It was not too tight, but not too loose either. It was just right. Anyone could assume that they are dating but he would not necessarily deny it either. At least, for now he will. He felt such a strong connection with her that doing this felt appropriate after what they had just talked about. He has his troubles trusting other campers but with Dahlia, it seemed to come so naturally. He was going to speak to break the silence but it seems like she already did. "Um, so as you already know I like reading fantasy novels but I also like brewing coffee. I buy locally sourced coffee whenever I'm out of camp. You can already guess why I came to like the beverage.

• Like 1

Dahlia watched Tristan as he spoke about his magic, there was just something about him that made her love to listen to him. Maybe it was his voice or just his mannerisms but whatever it was. It was sort of adorable. He reminded her of one of guys from her manga's or anime's.  It was fascinating to find out all about the Hecate cabin magic from him as it was always a mystery to her last summer. Hearing that he had one of those rare abilities made her eyes go wide as a shocked look came onto her face as she watched him do the ability right in front of her. "WOAH Tristan.....that is so cool" she said looking from his hands to the boys face. "What have you done with it? Like have you killed a monster?" She was curious how he even found out he had the ability. Some in her cabin had some earth abilities or even one that could summon these little demons called Karpoi. 

Feeling the emotion of joy she was shocked when Tristan thought she was sad. "Ohh no I am very happy" she tried to tell him as he wrapped her in an embrace. It was unexpected but sort of nice. Feeling Tristan this close to her made her feel all sorts of way inside as the only one person who had been this close to her at camp was Elijah. But that had happened when he was giving her private lessons in archery. When they parted from the hug, a tear had been on her face which he wiped away. Was this all real or was she living in her own story she thought to herself. Was Tristan the cute boy she longed to be with but she was the bubbly girl who would never make a move because she was too nervous? "Ohhh sorry for crying......I was just happy and couldn't help it" she said putting her hand on her face where he wiped the tear away. As if the spot was still burning with longing for him to place his hand there again.  

Holding hands was something kids did a lot but at some age it felt like that act was something that meant so much more or deeper than it did as a kid. Tristan's hand in hers felt nice. As she lead him to the big house she was happy to have him go along with her on her mission to get food. As the moments between talking was getting longer and longer. Dahlia asked a question about what he liked to do at camp as she had only been here for one year. "Ohhhhh Coffee, would you show me how you do it sometime?" she asked with the biggest smile on her face. Maybe this was just another great reason for her to see him again but she would take it! "I love to be in the strawberry fields or hang out with my siblings in the forest like Luca." She paused as she realized they had made it to the house already. Looking at him she let go of his hand which then felt so empty with his. "Let's go inside" she waved him to follow her as she walked up the porch, opening the screen door. 

The boy took the moment the first times he harnessed the power of the shadows. The very first being to shield himself from his stepmother's upcoming attack with a belt, the second was to strike a hellhound after seeing his father die with his own eyes, and the third was to kill the third and last hellhound. The circumstances were not very... triumphant as he had expected it to be but then again many protagonists don't really have a sunshine and rainbow's backstory to brag about. "I suppose you can say that. It's not like I knew about it before I used it." At the time, all he could think about was needing protection from his mother while squeezing his eyes shut and then to retaliate. Perhaps emotion is a contributing factor to his abilities. I've killed two monsters the first time I used it though the situation was not exactly ideal. After that whole ordeal, Tristan did his best to remember his power not as something he gained after what he lost but to protect others. It's not that the events and the power correlate but the circumstances called for it simply because he needed to draw this power. Once she was done admiring the weapon, it dissipated within the next couple seconds. The black color began to fade until it blended into its surroundings.

"You were happy..." His lips parted a bashful giggle as it brought a certain warmth to his cheeks. "Right, silly me. I'm...-" Tristan was about to apologize for... hugging her. For embracing her when she was alright with it. But he did not. There was no need for that. They had just met and it felt like he had known her for longer than he knew - a miracle even he did not expect to experience but nevertheless welcomed. He was also rather shocked at how fast they were going. Two day-one, or rather, several minutes into their conversation-type friends hugging. Is this normal he asked? Dahlia did not necessarily object but that was probably because she was okay with it or she was too startled to say anything. He hoped it was never the latter.

Coffee was something his half-siblings introduced to him when he began staying up late cultivating his magic. The beverage allowed him extra hours of awake time at the cost of sleeping in later in the day and in some cases the afternoon. Moreover, there are many different types drinks that can be made from a freshly brewed espresso. Lattes, frappes, americanos, affogatos... you name it. Tristan spent the first week creating the 'perfect' coffee beverage in each category only to realize that it did not matter unless the drink tastes good. Of course, this caused him to stay up often so he halted his coffee making for the week after. The boy smiled. "Of course. Just let me know when you are free." Making coffee from scratch will seem like an arduous process for anyone new to it but for her, he was determined to make it as fun as possible to take her mind away from the actual labor. When she spoke of walking through fields, he remembered going there a while back because he needed strawberries so he can make a smoothie in the Big House. Tristan was about to speak only to halt his words when she let go of his hand. He was gazing on it for a moment and saw how empty it felt and the warmth disappearing every passing second.

Following her inside, the two entered the main room which was left with hideous decor as spoken from one of the cabin leaders that showed him this place the first time. Apparently, Dionysus has a thing for leopards, evident in the taxidermic head that hung above the fireplace. "So what is it like hanging around the forest? I think you guys would have a unique perspective compared to the other campers. Is it true that trees speak to you or is it just the dryads doing the talking?"

• Like 1

Most of them never knew their abilities until one day they experienced some hardship which caused the magic come out of them. For Dahlia it had been the Yakuza coming after her father and her. Not really understanding why that was. It was hard to deal with something you just didn't understand. So when Tristan spoke about his ability. "Oh I get that, I kind of freaked out my dad's attackers with plants going wild when I screamed. It was like they knew I was in trouble." Now she would use her abilities instead of just standing there. That was what capture the flag taught her last year. She was not as helpless as she thought before. As the magic in Tristan's hand began to fade she thought it sort of was beautiful in its own way. But it would be silly to say that to him. 

Maybe it was strange to cry from happiness but it sort of happened to her all the time. But Tristan's shocked look when he realized that she was happy was one that told her he did not expect that! But when he seemed to stop mid sentence, her head tilted a bit as she was wondering what he was going to say. "You okay?" she asked with a smile. The two had just met but a part of her cared for him in a way. Wanting to make sure he was okay felt like it was important!

Holding hands was something she did not do with just anyone. So as Tristan's was in her own it was something that made her super happy. Asking him about his hobbies and likes just felt natural as they were bonding in a way she hadn't done with most others. Was it normal to hold a person's hand if you just met them and felt a connection? "Ohhhh I am free most the time, I just read all the time. Most of it is manga I have found at stores. But maybe tomorrow or the next day?" Dahlia was eager to see  him again. Maybe the two of them could stay up and go to the beach where they could have the coffee. Maybe they would sit and talk and maybe hold hands again.....her thoughts trailed off when they arrived to the house. 

The house did not have too many in it which was nice as she wanted more time with just Tristan as the two got to know each other well. "Well it is really nice as I can feel what the forest feels as it does me" she said making her way to the kitchen where she wanted to make some food. "I do not talk to trees" she giggled "but do love talking to the dryads" she finished saying as she got to the fridge. Opening she looked in to see some of the different food in there. 

Tristan began to frown so he interjected. "Your father had attackers? What happened?" He could not help but show concern for her family. It's what anyone would do but he had hoped she is able to disclose some details. Whatever she was about to say, he was ready to give her his support. To many others, it's not every day that someone goes all in for someone they had just met but the two of them felt different... as if a missing piece of a puzzle is found - making him feel like whole. "When you said it is like the plants already knew you were in trouble, I was a little envious of that. Wished I could just grant autonomy to my magic or something..." He was amused by his own comment yet an awful thought lies within his mind. He wished his magic could have protected him from his mother's abuse and prevented her from hitting him. Or even just slur her speech whenever she intends on using words. All he could do was to restore his skin back to the way it was. He never liked to see the regions where she had hit on that brought nothing but a painful reminder of her maltreatment towards him. And even then, how come his real mother did not help him? No sign, no hints, nothing.

"Yes, I'm okay. I'm relieved that you were not crying because you were sad but because you were happy." The boy let out another soft chuckle. "I was going to apologize for making you cry but it seems like I did not need to." Tristan wanted to show how much he cared for her in the short time they had met. It was the power that their instant connection held for him because they were simply strangers last summer. He'd see her around in archery class or in the flowerbeds but she's here right now in front of him. "Are you?" He retaliated with a playful tone.

Her new friend nodded subtly. "I'm free most of the time too. That means there are times when I am more free than others." He responded. Though if she were to knock on Cabin Twenty's door to ask him to hang out while he was floating mid-air cross-legged with a floating grimoire on the side, he would open his eyes and drop his magic study session right away to accompany her. Okay, maybe too dramatic but he'll let her know once he's finish he can leave. "Manga, right?" He had remembered hearing about it before. Something about Japanese comic books and the only title he could recall is One Piece because he could recognize the spines that line up the shelves. How does a manga series have more than one thousand chapters? The author must be passionate. "I've heard of One Piece so I suppose you know about that?" It was all he knew. He'll take it because it was the only link he could find to her interest. Coffee and manga? Well that's a combo he's feeling inclined to try out.

Tristan took the moment to gauge the building from where he was so he was almost certain the Big House did not have many campers. Great. No one to interrupt their fluff. As the pair entered the kitchen, the boy could not help but chortle at her response. "Close enough." He stood by her as he scrutinized the fridge. It was stacked. Filled with groceries such as snacks, vegetables, dairy, meat... anything you might need to prepare yourself a meal. Well it was not that surprising. They have goblets that fill themselves. "So how are they? How have they been?" He was curious to know more about them but one of them scared the daylights out of them when he was going on a walk so he had been reluctant.

• Like 1

It was always hard to talk about her time in Japan as it was filled with so much joy but terror at the same time. Dahlia really did not know her attackers very well as she felt like her was in the dark about it all. "Well it was someone in Japan, they well kept finding us when we would move which is why we moved here. But in Kyoto, I ummm screamed when they tried to grab me and then the plants began to attack them" she had a worried look thinking about it all. That time in her life was one filled with uncertainty and pressure. As if the unknown was going to reach out and grab her to sallow her whole. The thought made her cross her arms to hug herself as she was telling herself it was okay and that she was not there anymore. "I mean I still do not get it all the time but it's like they feel my emotions and then I go into fight mode they attack." 

Watching Tristan after she asked her question was her tilting her head with a look of interest. He was sort of a mystery to her as she just met him. So much of him was unknown to her to she wanted to understand it all. "Ohhhhhh" she said a bit startled as she had not thought about the implications that it might be taken that way. "I did not mean for you to ummmmm feel bad. It was just you made me so happy" she said blushing as her hands went to her face. Then getting the question if she was okay she laughed a bit "ummm yeah just embarrassed a little" she laughed more. "I just let my emotions out without thinking." 

Hoping that Tristan was free was a feeling of longing inside of her for him to say yes he was. If he did then they would sure keep seeing each other right? What if they went their separate ways and never spoke to each other again? So when she said her next sentence she was waiting for the answer "So tomorrow?" It was simple to most those who might over hear it but to her it was a question that meant if he wanted to actually see her again. Maybe he really found her annoying and was happy to get away from her after this! "Yeah i read a lot of manga....some I find online back at home but some I do get the paper book of!" He seemed to know what she was talking about which was kind of nice as she knew it had grew in its popularity. Nodding her head to him asking about One Piece which was one of the most popular other than Demon Slayer. "Oh yes I have read some of it but I have some friends who love that one! Do you like it?" She asked curious to know if really liked it or just knew about it. 

The two of them were in the kitchen when she laughed at his comment. So many of the others thought they talked to tree's which was false but it was cute they thought that. "I guess" the laughter that came out of her was cute and girly. "They are good as usual, just complaining about the campers who are not keeping their trash out of their woods" she said as she looked into the fridge. Picking a few things out that she could whip up some food for the two of them. Getting some ideas in her head, but when she shut the fridge. Her arms was full of things that she placed on the counter when she turned to be super close to Tristan. "Ummmm what would you like me to make you, I was going to make some Ramen....if you want me to make you some too......" her voice trailed off as she just stared into his eyes. 

This uneasy feeling that Tristan had since she mentioned she was attacked by some unknown group of criminals began to grow. It did not feel any different from the dangers he had faced at home but imagine having to constantly move just to get away from these people, but his newfound drive clenched his fist. He was ready to fend off her family's attackers just so they could have a peaceful life again. If she was left in the dark, then it must be a matter that concerns her father but he highly doubt that he's ever going to spell and endanger them. She seemed fine about it now since she's here in camp but it still concerns him that the attackers may still be part of the picture. Unclenching his fist, he responded. "Hmm... I do think that there is an upside to these plants having feelings. You take care of them, they'll take care of you. Simple as that. I know that won't be as problem."

"Tomorrow." He spoke without an ounce of hesitation. If she did not know, he became rather eager to see her again. She had squeezed into his reading time today so after lunch, he had somewhere else to be. The thought became irritating. He promised he would "hang" with his half-siblings today but time with Dahlia became much more enticing. A kind, youthful, and caring flower. Someone who allowed whom he made an instant connection with and even held hands. He wanted to hold back by habit out of his reservations for the people around him but she was an exception to the point where he'd consider combining their hobbies and maybe... hold hands again. "Ah!" Tristan was surprised to hear that she owns tangible copies of manga when he heard that most people would read the material online for free. "I haven't read it but I brought it up because it has so many chapters I found at my local library. I'm looking to start reading now that you brought it up. Do you have any recommendations? How about a more shorter series but more story rich?"

"Trash? What the?" The boy could not help but give her an annoyed look. Now he felt guilty for avoiding them but that gave him an idea. "So maybe... we can do a clean up day with just the two of us? Once a week at the forest. You don't have to come if you don't want to." Tristan knew that she would agree to it but he wanted to avoid the thought of her turning him down. From the question, it sounded like a weekly engagement so it required commitment which was something he was not too certain on her taking it up. Though upon the mention of ramen, he beamed at her. "Absolutely, I'd love to." Tristan began with instant ramen when his stepmother decided not to leave him food. It wasn't the ideal meal but it was better than getting spanked for eating leftovers. She wouldn't know if a pack of ramen went missing. He was about to speak when she was suddenly so close to him. Her face as she began to set her gaze, Tristan met eye contact and found himself leaning towards her. At first, it was holding hands. Then they're about to kiss. They're about to press their lips against each other in passion-

Voices filled the kitchen as a couple of campers entered, startling him to part from what could their first kiss. His hand instinctively slapped the ramen packet upwards from her hand and it soared. After concaving upward, it landed on his head before sliding down to the floor between them. "Sorry for scaring you guys, just needed to grab something." A male camper spoke as he went about his business and their small group left the kitchen. Tristan took a deep breath. He was annoyed and Dahlia could tell. "Um, yeah. Why don't you... surprise me? Give me your best shot at ramen. I hope I've earned the honor of tasting Dahlia's ramen special.

• Like 1

Dahlia was still so new to understanding her abilities as it was only last year when she found out about her mother. Luckily for her, her older siblings were full of knowledge that she would learn from over the summers. It was one perk being at camp for sure! As she spoke about her time in Japan, a shiver came over her body as she wrapped her arms around herself. Rubbing her arms it was as if the memory brought up the bad feelings of what she had felt at that time. The fear of being attacked or her dad getting hurt scared her. He was the only family she had that was close to her. Not to say her siblings weren't! "Oh I do" she paused with a soft smile "I love my plants and taking care of them....I feel a connection with them like you do the night.

The words came out of Tristan which just made the smile on Dahlia blossom. Making her radiating with so much happiness as her hands came together in front of her as her mouth opened "Okay, maybe I can come to your cabin to find you then." The excitement was all over her face and body as she was going to get to see him again. Rather that be reading books or manga. She was just excited for it to happen. "ummmmmmm well there are so many different ones but let me think...." she said putting her hang on her chin. "Well there is this one I love called Astra Lost in Space. It only has 5 volumes and is super good.......there is also fullmetal Alchemist or a new one called Spy x Family" Dahlia was just so happy. That she was beaming hoping Tristan would be just as excited as she. 

Being in the kitchen was a place she loved to be just as she was outside. This is where she got to work her magic with making food which her and her siblings had a gift with. Luca was one that she aspired to be like as he made amazing food! "Yeah some of the campers just don't care but the iris campers like to help as well." Dahlia love the woods as it felt like home to her. The thought of someone trying to hurt it upset her so when Tristan asked for them to clean it once a week surprised her in a good way. "You would do that? I mean I would love to do that but you don't have to.

Tristan was someone who kept surprising her in every thing they talked about. So when she asked if he wanted some Ramen. This was something she loved love make all the time back home. As it was a staple in her dad's house. "Okay then.......Dahlia's special Ramen coming up" she closed her eyes with a big smile. But as she moved with their closeness. She watched as it seemed Tristan was leaning in to kiss her which she felt her heart race when someone entered. Dahlia realized she was holding her breathe. Taking in a breathe she laughed as she watched the ramen soar into the air. As it landed on Tristan's head, her eyes got super big as she rushed to put her things down to help. Bending down she got the packets. "Don't worry about it" she said to the campers looking at Tristan who wasn't the happiest. 

Nodding her head she put the ramen packets on the counter. "Of course you have.....but one catch. You got to talk to me while I cook...okay" she said with a giggle. Pulling things in the order she was going to cook she began to chop up the different vegetables and ingrediencies. Placing a pot on the stove she began to heat the oil,  Dahlia was excited to make this for Tristan. After the garlic and ginger was cut up she put it in the pot, and cooked it for a few minutes until softened. Going to the counter she found the soy sauce and mirin which she added. The smells began to fill the room. 

Important Information

Terms of Use