bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Afternoon Daydream.

Elijah Quinn

Today was one of his days off from camp training so he made the leisure decision of spending it towards song composition. You would find him helping out Chiron with archery classes or even taking the lead on lessons but today, he can be found in Cabin 7. Besides the lodging's function of nursing the injured, it can be converted into a music studio with a bit of rearranging the furniture - but there was no need for another impromptu concert. He preferred to spend the time alone or with another one of his half-siblings simply because he required the concentration in the absence of distractions. Other than that, he knew everyone else is out so he knew that he has the cabin to himself for as much time as he needs. Content filled his soul as he gave another look to the cabin. No one else but him - nothing but peace and quiet. Elijah could not help but smile as he got settled in his couch with an acoustic guitar in his lap and lyric sheets displayed on an elevated rack nearby. After taking the moment to tune his instrument, he peeked over to the sheets - a melodic tune gently flowing into his ears. Envisioning music notes floating around the cabin interior, a quirky side smile sprouted from his lips as he gingerly caressed the cherry wood material, playing her every so elegantly. His hands strum and pull on the guitar's strings, then his voice began to accompany the music as planned. @ Willow Iris Hazelwood

I thought you were my fairy-tale
My dream when I'm not sleepin'
A wish upon a star that's comin' true
But everybody else could tell
That I confused my feelings with the truth
When there was me and you, whoa

Willow had tried to hide since the party. She felt like she had gotten way too much attention onto herself. Especially regarding a certain Dionysus playboy; who she had no idea how they kept running into one another. It seems like he's everywhere! She was looking forward to just being alone in the cabin. Everyone else seemed to be out enjoying the last few rays of sunshine as the seasons started to change and the weather started to cool. Willow thought she might be able to seek sanctuary in her bunk. However, when she entered the cabin, she heard someone singing.

Music was, perhaps, the most soothing thing in the world to Willow. Without thinking, she walked slowly towards the origins of the sound. She smiled when she realized that she recognized the voice. Many of her siblings were outgoing, but Elijah was less intense than they were. He was one that she could relate to. He was definitely easier to talk to at any rate. Willow followed his music until she found him. "Sounds good." She said with a soft smile as she leaned in the entrance.

Elijah continued to sing the song with tenor. To someone who may be listening, the song may be dedicated to a special someone in his life but in truth, the boy is just a hopeless romantic. He liked writing and singing these types of songs as most of them were meant to be pop or ballad, or even a little bit of hip hop. Finally, his finger strummed the last string of his guitar and his voice faded into the cabin air. Eyes opening up to see Willow leaning against the door, her voice actually startled him. He was so focused on his song that he could not hear her footsteps and he was under the impression that everyone else is out today. Well, she can be an exception.

"Geez Louise." A hand was pressing on his chest where his heart is, feeling it beat rather fast from the sudden jump scare. "Scared the daylights out of me, sis." Elijah licked his lips before taking a deep breath in an effort to calm himself. It was actually a relief to see her as she is one of the more relaxed half-siblings while others are total extroverts with some convinced to be Dionysus' children without context. "Hey, how are you doing? I'll be pretty much here most of the day so if you want to hang around and chill, that's cool with me too." He paused. "Hmm... why don't we write a song together? We can perform a duet."

Willow stifled a soft giggle as she realized she had started her younger brother. She certainly hadn't meant to, but that hadn't stopped it from happening. "I'm doing alright. A little overwhelmed still from the party." She said honestly. It wasn't that she didn't enjoy performing. It was honestly the only time she didn't mind having attention on her, was when she had that guitar in her hand and a microphone. But the aftermath had been something she completely hadn't expected. Somehow it had gotten her far more attention outside of the performance than she was really comfortable with. Especially from someone that she didn't have any interest in considering--given his reputation, it wasn't likely he was serious about his interests anyway. She just hoped he would lose interest in a few weeks.

At his invitation, Willow took a seat next to Elijah. "My guitar's in my trunk. But I can sing." She said with a smile. "What are we singing about today?" Willow loved to write music or perform other pieces. She always felt the most at peace when working with music. It was, quite seriously, in her blood. Thanks, Dad. She thought with a smile. Apollo might have been one of the most prolific gods, so their cabin was always crowded, but she still felt like his gifts were worth it. Willow wasn't certain she would have it any other way.

"Oh right, that impromptu solo concert you performed at the Dionysus Cabin, right? How could anyone who went forget, not to mention the ones who did would spread word." He could not help but smile at the boldness of her older sister. Elijah was part of the audience and considered even lucky to hear her voice. Well, any Apollo kid's voice sounded nice but hers is one he felt he could vibe with. He was not too certain about other's opinion about his singing but he did not care. He loved doing it as a reminder of all the times his mother tried to get him to be more confident - which is why he also performed right after she did. After seeing her perform, he was beginning to feel restless. He needed to let this energy out... through his music. So if anything, he received some of the attention as well but a certain female camper had been eyeing him since he went on stage. He did not mind as he had planned on hitting her up soon.

"That's good enough for me. Don't need it to make the duet anymore awesome." Elijah flashed her a wink and granted her a wide smile before flipping through the lyrics sheets. They are all meant to be romantic but there was one song he imagined could be better with two people singing so he placed it in front of the tiny pile and moved the stand in between them so they both have a reference. "Hmm, you'll see." It was meant to be a surprise but he knew she can follow along quickly. "You can start us off with the first verse. One, two, three." The guitar strings began to resonate with her voice as he began to play his instrument, crafting the perfect melody to start.

And once the second one came around, the two of them began singing.

I think I kinda, you know
Like the way that we flow
Like the way that we go
And I love
I think I kinda, you know, you know, you know...

Sighing, Willow corrected her brother. "That's not exactly how it happened." She squirmed a bit in her seat. "Aislynn put me on the spot. And... I'm not good under pressure. So I just... did it." Her shoulders shrugged as she finished. Willow made a face. "And now Killian keeps flirting with me." He was a nice enough guy. She didn't dislike him as a person. But Willow also knew that he didn't do relationships, and had slept with a good number of the older campers. She wasn't exactly looking to be another notch on his bedpost.

As Elijah placed the lyrics before her, Willow read them over. She started trying to figure the tune out. Before she knew it they were singing. The first verse flowed from her lips:

So much has happened, think of what we've done
In the time that the Earth has traveled 'round the Sun
Winter, Spring, Summer and we're back to Fall
We've been together hand-in-hand through it all
From the minute we kissed and my heart skipped a beat
To the night that we danced, I was swept off my feet
Sure is every year has to come to an end
I'd go spinnin' 'round the Sun with you again and again and again and again

She joined him in the chorus, and let him sing the next verse.

"Hmm. Well, you are a wonderful singer sis. I enjoyed your performance- everyone who went did. Even this Killian person." Elijah did not know about him other than the rumors that involve around the man which mostly talked about how much of a philanderer he is. It set a bad impression onto her half-brother so the thought about him flirting with her would start to leave a bad taste. Either way, he needed to have a chat with this man sooner or later - which brought him to think back on that female face. After the concert, the two of them had talked and he could tell she was interested in him but he would not consider himself to be ready for a relationship just yet so he could somewhat relate to his half-sister. "How did you feel performing though? I think the Dionysus Cabin stage needed a touch of Willow."

Once the two of them finished the chorus, she made way for him to sing his verse.

Sometimes you know exactly what to say
Then you open your mouth and the words go away
Don't want you to wonder or to doubt or guess
So let me tell you clearly what I'm tryna express
It's just three little words, yeah, it's not a big deal
It's not like I can help feelin' all that I feel
And by now, I'm sure you're thinking it's so obvious
But just in case it's not, what I'm sayin' is this, what I'm sayin' is this

Willow smiled appreciatively at her brother. Compliments weren't something that she handled well most of the time. She usually got embarrassed and felt the need to decline it. But she was learning, especially when it came to music, to be more comfortable with it. It wasn't polite to tell people they were wrong just because you felt like you hadn't earned that compliment. Compliments didn't need to be earned, they were freely given. It was something she had been working on accepting. "Well thanks."

"I always enjoy performing. Music soothes my soul, you know?" She smiled wistfully. "I'm still upset with Ash for putting me on the spot like that though. If she had let me know ahead of time, I would have gladly done it and been more prepared."

As the song continued, the chorus repeated once more. Willow continued to sing with her brother between chats.

Elijah had always saw Willow as a sister he never had. He was born without one so she would be the closest to being family other than his mother. She was the one who got him to sing along in the camp fire tradition. It did well to distract his thoughts from the events that he had experienced as he, like any other child of Apollo, liked to sing. You can say that he has a lot of siblings because their father has prolific tendencies but none have been a better sibling other than her. "You did pull it off though. As expected of my big sister. And a child of Apollo." He gave her an amused grin. "You know Ash. Planning... isn't really her thing. She's all about spontaneity. And since she saw you, she thought it was a good idea to change the pace and have you perform. This place doesn't only have Dionysus musicians." And anyone could be if they put enough dedication and effort through passion.

"The next time Ash throws another party at the cabin, why don't we pressure our half-siblings to perform? You know- Give 'em a push. I'm sure they would be inclined. Okay you probably won't do it, but I will. Take turns in performing, ya know."

Elijah continued to sing the song in parts and seamlessly joins her in the chorus. Spending time with her felt nice. The party was quite something so he sought to play a more 'slower' song but this one he would not play in a concert, especially if you're put on the spot. Once they finished the song, a moment of silence filled the room. He wanted to let it flow before he could speak just so he could absorb every bit of sound coming from their voice and his guitar.

"Since you're here, instead of composing a song which I had planned on doing, maybe we could do a cover? Your pick. Could use the time to warm up our vocals."

Important Information

Terms of Use