bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Brothers from different Mothers

Mateo Sanz

Year: 2015 @ Levi Jones

Since coming to camp, things had been all over the place. He was told about how he was a demi-god and how that his life was going to be changing for the better because he was going to be around people that understood him the most. He didn't understand it at all. But he had been walked over to the bon-fire and sat down. They had told him that they were going to be claimed by their godly parents, whoever that may be. For Mateo, it was going to be interesting since he didn't know if his parent was going to be his mom or dad. He had no idea. 

He watched a couple kids get claimed and then apparently it was his turn. He blinked a little as his claiming started to happen. He was shocked to find out that his family was this big old cabin of magical people. 

Well all that happen last night and right now he was busy working on getting to know the camp that he was going to be calling home. He knew that this place was going to be something he grew into since he couldn't really feel like home at the moment. Then again, nothing really felt like home. 

He walked out of his cabin and looked around the place. Things were so different here than in the real world. Wait could he really say that? He blinked a little as he thought about it some. There was no way that this place was real, or rather that was what he said before he seen it, now he was still trying to process it. He walked to the water and looked out into it for a moment before picking up a rock and throwing it into it. He hated this place already.

Levi had just gotten to camp, it was so strange to him. He knew that his mother was Aphrodite, but he never cared. He honestly hated his mom for leaving him and his dad. Now he is at this camp, because of her. He is some "demigod" as he understands it, and just because of that he isn't safe at home anymore. Levi had no idea what to think, the camp was strange, needing to be "claimed" by her  he hated the thought. Beside that, he was curious about this hole "demigod" thing, he wanted to know what kinda powers he had. He walked around camp until the campfire started, sitting there watching all these other kids get "claimed" was so strange, he was lost in the processes. This boy got up and got claimed, then walked off. Levi watched him, he seemed as lost as he did. Finally it was his turned to get claimed. He stood up and let himself be claimed. As soon as it was done he took off over to the other boy. 

"Hey you!" he yells toward the boy as he approaches him. "Do you know anything about this place?" he questioned him, as he stopped next to him. He seemed like a kid that he would be friends with at school.

Mateo didn't want anything to do with what was going on at the moment. He was still lost about the whole thing. Sure he didn't know either of his parents but still, it was a little to much to know that the goddess Hecate had claimed him like it was nothing. He was curious as to why he had to wait this long to have her claim him and why didn't she come do it herself? Honestly, it would be amazing to see the woman that gave birth to you. However, coming from his siblings there was little to no chance to see her at all unless he went on something called a quest. Hell if he knew what that was. 

He was over next to the water when he heard a voice call out to him. He blinked as he glanced over to the person that was calling him. He had seen him at the claiming, he was new as well. He chuckled a little lowly at the thought of him asking if he knew anything about this place. "I think I know just as much as you do." He told the other boy as he threw another rock into the water. "They tell you who you're parent is?" He questioned him curiously as he glanced at the boy. He looked different than he did last he saw him. Must be from the claiming that he did. 

Levi laughed realizing how silly it was to ask that kinda question. He was just so confused, and wasn't thinking straight. Levi grabbed a rock and skipped it across the water. "Hey lets see who can skip a rock the furthest!" he exclaims picking up another rock with a smirk on his face. Levi didn't even realize that anything had happened, he was to focused on the fact that he hadn't getting claimed by her when she couldn't even show her face. He hated his mother with a passion. He just couldn't understand why she would leave him and his dad. "Oh umm Aphrodite, but I already knew that, why you looking at me a little weird?" he touches his face wondering if he had something on his face. "Who is your parent?" he questioned the boy. 

Levi, threw the rock into the lake, forgetting to skip it, as his mind started to wonder "I don't get why we gotta be claimed by this person, when they don't even want anything to do with us? It's like they just wanna rub it in our face!" he exclaims, letting some of his pent up anger come out. 

When the boy laughed, it made Mateo smile a little. He didn't know why but he knew that there was something about this boy that he was going to like. He was just about to say something else when he was beat to it. Something about skipping rocks. He blinked a little and nodded his head. "Sure." He said standing up and picking up a couple of rocks himself. Now, he had never done this before so of course he wasn't going to be any good. He looked at the boy a little more and smirked. "It looks like you have remade your look." He mused, the smirk not leaving his face. "Oh my mom.. apparently she is Hecate." he told the boy with a shrug. It wasn't like he was overly happy about it. Hell, he didn't know any of his family. It wasn't really that shocking that he had a family. Since he knew how people were made, there had to be two people right. He threw the rock into the water and raised an eyebrow. "I must suck at this." he laughed dryly. 

Mateo looked at the boy again and nodded his head in agreement. "True, but I guess I'm lucky better here than the orphanage I lived in." He told the boy, still yet to ask him his name. Which honestly he didn't think was really that important at the moment. "From what I understand, we're safer if we are claimed here than out in the real world....well the outside world because apparently this is real."

Levi looked at the boy a little weird at his comment, and then grabbed at his face. It didn't feel different, but oh well, he had no idea what his 'mom' did to him but hopefully it wears off soon. "Great" he said sarcastically, as he picked up another rock and skipped it into the lake, this one actually bounced twice and Levi got all excited since it actually worked that time. "Hah! I got it to skip!" he exclaimed. "Hecate huh? Did she do anything to you at the claiming, you don't look any different?" he questioned the boy. As he threw more rocks into the lake, he started to realize that he doesn't even know the boys name, and if he recalls, he didn't even introduce himself. Levi looked over at the boy smiling "I'm Levi by the way! you?" he asks. 

The boy continued on about how this place has got to be better than the orphanage, which made Levi upset, he was all about family beside his mom and to meet someone that didn't have a family was sad to him. "That's not fun, but ya this place is suppose to protect us from monsters. I have my dad and step mom and half sister back home, so me coming here also protects them." he comments. Levi put his hand on the boys shoulder and smiled, "Well at least you know who your mom is now, and you got me!" he exclaims with excitement. A new friend as soon as he keeps to camp, Levi felt lucky and happy that he came. 

Mateo couldn't help but smirk at his comment about his make up. He didn't understand the way that some of the kids were claimed but hey it was whatever, if their mother wanted to put make up on them that was her doing. Though he was pretty sure that they guys hated it..maybe to a point. Mateo threw a rock into the water and watched it skip a little bit before they were talking once again. "Na, just a symbol above my head." he told him with a smirk on his face. "I think it's only your mom that does that." He told him with a small chuckle and shook his head at him. The boy soon called himself Levi and Mateo nodded his head. "I'm Mateo." he told him with his hand held out. 

The black haired boy listened carefully to what Levi was saying and he nodded his head. "I guess I'm keeping the orphanage safe being here." He said with a small shrug since he honestly didn't have a family to go home too. He did respect Levi for wanting to keep his family safe. He thought he would do the same thing as well. Mateo jumped a little when the boy placed a hand on his shoulder. He blinked a little, what Levi said was true. He knew his mom now and he did have someone that he could talk to. At least that was what he though any ways "Thanks man." He told Levi with a small smile on his lips. 

Levi took Mateo's hand, giving him a firm shake as he rolled his eyes, from the boys comment. "Of course, leave it to my mom, to be the one that tortures her kids, after she already abandoned us" he says with despise in his voice. Levi, was very family oriented and he only made few friends, even during school outside of camp. He hated that his best friend can't know anything about this, but he did tell himself that when he would go visit family, he would make time to see her too. Mateo not having a family made Levi upset, and he wanted to be his best friend, and introduce him to his family. So he decided that day, that, that is what's going to happen. 

Levi smiles at Mateo when he jumps a bit "It's no problem!" he says back at him. Throwing a rock into the lake, this one skips twice before sinking into the lake and Levi laughed with excitement. "So what kind of powers you got?" he questions him, trying to figure out what to talk about. Levi was never good at keeping a conversation going, which was one good thing about his best friend from home, she could talk your ear off, but he didn't mind because it meant he didn't have to talk a bunch. 

The handshake gave a meaning to it. Almost like he was going to be one of the best people in Mateo's life. It was strange because if he was being honest, he didn't have anyone like that and he wasn't sure if that was going to be okay in his book. Hell, he didn't even know if Levi was going to be okay with it. Growing up like he had set certain things into play. He didn't know what things were in play at the moment, but he knew that this guy could change the way that he thought, which scared him in a way. There was a chuckle that left his throat when he started talking about his mom. He would hate the fact that he had a makeover from his mom. He shook his head. "Surely it will go away sooner or later." he told him with a smirk on his face. He had heard his older siblings talking about how it normally took a couple of hours maybe even days before the mark left them. He didn't know honestly; he was new here. So, he would have to keep up with the guy to see for himself. 

Mateo got a couple other rocks in his hand and began throwing some into the water. skipping some others just dunking them into the water. It was a hit or miss thing. It was then that the talk turned to him and his mom. He blinked and bit the inside of his cheek. "Well, from what the older campers told me. I can do magic." He said with a shrug, "Only thing is its more powerful at night than anything." He mused another chuckle coming from him. "I've always wondered why I prefer the night and what I did to some of the kids when I was younger." He shook his head and threw the last of his rocks into the water. It was different being here and honestly, he couldn't help but think about what he would be doing if he was still sitting at the orphanage. Would the others still keep away from him or would they finally come up and talk to him. He knew that being here would be different. He knew that he would have to talk more and have different things happen. He was going to be happier here. 

Levi was super excited to meet someone he already felt a connection with, of course it was pretty easy for Levi to make friends, he has never had that issue. But this guy was different, he could tell that they were gonna be best friends. Levi didn't know why he felt that way, he has never felt that way about someone. It just felt right. Smiling at Mateo, he shrugs his shoulders at the comment "I hope so!" he exclaimed. Following Mateo's lead he picked up another handful of rocks and started to toss them into the lake. Mateo was winning the skipping game, even those his were hit and miss, Levi's were mainly sinking. "Darn, I guess those first few were just luck" he laughed. 

Just then Mateo continued into saying that he apparently can do magic, and how at night its stronger. "That's awesome! I haven't gotten to talk to any of my older siblings here yet, so I really don't know much about what I can do. I overheard someone say that I can convince people to do stuff, or something like that" he said as he sighed, he couldn't help but think that having magic would be so much more fun. He really didn't understand his powers, so he couldn't judge base off what he heard so far. "I also overheard another cabin kid say that couldn't trust Aphrodite kids, so that makes me wonder" he comments with a look of disappointment.

Important Information

Terms of Use