bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Say What You Need to Say

Willow Iris Hazelwood

It had been a few days since the events of Capture the Flag. The camp was in a complete uproar over the results. Half were thrilled about winning, while the other half were complaining about their loss. This was fairly typical for the few weeks after the event. Willow mostly kept to herself during the time since she didn't ever contribute much to the game anyway. She didn't really have the investment into it that her fellow cabin mates and other campers seemed to have. This time though? It wasn't because of that. It was because of him

Willow had known Killian for years. Perhaps not well, but they had spent enough time attending the same camp that she felt she knew him well enough by now. He was a playboy. He flirted with every girl he walked by, and he meant nothing by it. He certainly didn't fall in love. So she couldn't understand why he was suddenly crossing her path more frequently, and even more curiously she wasn't sure why she kept thinking about him. Willow had had crushes before. She had dated here and there, but nothing ever came of it. She was convinced that this couldn't be anything like that. She couldn't be crushing on the camp's resident playboy. But still she couldn't stop thinking about how warm his skin had felt under her fingertips when she had grabbed him, or the way he had defended her so valiantly from the myrmekes. 

Guitar in hand, Willow propped herself up on the guardrail on the cabin's porch and started strumming and humming. Music always helped clear her mind, and maybe if she was lucky a new song would come to her mind. 

• Like 1

Killian not really thinking he was going to have a fun time found himself having a much better time. Maybe it was the fact that the besties had been drawn to him it seems as he fought off several throughout the whole thing. Well there was that and the fact that Willow had come to him for safety. The look she had when she griped his arm still shocked him to this day which was days since the game was over! Something about her had stumped him as she was different than most the girls he had come across. Normally he would never give another girl a second thought as he promised himself years ago that he would never get that close to anyone. It allowed for the chances of getting hurt less. 

But today was a day where he had woken up a bit later than normal as he made his way way through camp when he saw her. Willow was sitting on the porch with her guitar strumming. He was about to walk on, but something deep down told him he should go talk to her. Turning from the direction he was going he walked towards her stopping in front of her with a smile on his face. "Good morning Willow, do you mind me joining you this morning?" Part of him hoped she would say yes just so he could see how she was since that myrmekes attack.

Willow had started strumming and wasn't paying much attention to anything besides the music when she heard a familiar voice. Slightly startled she looked up from her guitar to see exactly who one would expect after hearing that telltale Irish lilt, Killian. Willow's cheeks flushed a little, but eventually she nodded.

Killian had been injured during the fight with the myrmekes while they were playing capture the flag. He had only gotten injured because he was protecting her. Willow felt like she owed it to him to at least be friendly, since he didn't seem to be a complete jerk like she hard originally thought based on the stories she had heard. Still, she had witnessed the string of women herself. She knew to be careful with her heart around him. Friends, I can handle. She thought.

After a somewhat awkward silence, Willow eventually looked back over at Killian. "How is your wound healing? I did my best, but I just want to make sure... I... thank you." That last bit probably seemed completely out of nowhere. But Willow had been mid-sentence when she thought about how he had gotten injured in the first place. It had been her fault for hiding behind him.

• Like 1

Killian had not expected to see Willow so part of him was kind of unsure what to say to her but then part of him knew he would not pass up an opportunity like this as it might not happen. Each of the half-bloods made their own way in the world, as they tried to figure where they should go and do. Killian had just come back for a bit at first but something inside him told him to stay. He wanted to see where things went.

Seeing Willow nod to his request, he smiled as he sat next to her on the cabin porch. He looked at the instrument that was in her hands as it was one he had seen her carry around quite often. The night he saw her play and sing at the party was one that he thought of quite often. As her voice was one that soothed his soul! After that he took an interest in her, which when they play capture the flag came out as him being protective. Especially when she hide behind him and asked him to protect her. It was as if a part of him wanted to show he was a big baddie that could save her from anything.

A laugh escaped his mouth when she asked about his injury. "Oh it almost perfect" he smiled as he moved his limb showing that he had full range of it. "It was worth the injury to protect you" he said without thinking and then blushing a bit. "What I meant was" he nervous tried to fix what he was saying "You are welcome my lady. I hope you are doing well yourself after that battle with the myrmekers.

Willow nodded softly. "Yeah, I'm fine. You made sure I didn't get hurt." She said with a soft blush to her cheeks. She could have swore she saw one on Killian's cheeks too. What was happening? This man didn't do that. He was acting completely different than she had ever seen him act before over the years past. What if he really means it? Willow thought to herself. But she quickly corrected herself. It's just because he thinks it's a challenge, he'll get bored eventually.

Willow looked over at Killian. He seemed to have some genuine concern for her. That was something that Willow could appreciate. He was kinder than she had thought he was, and that was worth at least trying to be friendly with him. She smiled softly. "I'm not really doing much. I was just going to play some guitar and relax." She wasn't sure that she would offer great company. Certainly Killian had more entertaining things to do, right?

Willow nervously strummed at the strings of her guitar. Music soothed her soul, and so whenever she had the guitar in hand and got nervous she would run her hand softly across the strings. She didn't even realize that she did it half the time. This was one of those moments.

• Like 1

Hearing the words out her mouth that he made sure she didn't get hurt, the sense of pride swelled in him. "Of course my lady, you won't get hurt on my watch!" He said this as he watched the blush on her cheeks grow. Most of the time he would never even look at a girl to notice this sort of thing but with Willow. He found himself pay more and more attention to her. Did it start the night when she sang at the party?

I mean that was when he realized how much older she had become. She was only 2 years younger than him but he had always seemed to look past her until something in him changed. What changed he couldn't tell ya but he felt different since that night. "Ohhhh well, don't let me stop you then. I mean, I would not mind hearing some of your music" he said hoping she would sing for him. Even if it was just a line or two of what she might be working on. He would feel happy to just get to talk to her a bit longer. Seeing that her hands were running over the strings of her guitar he smiled a bit.

Killian's words only served to deepen her blush. She could understand why girls fell for him. Between his charisma, accent, and way with words they didn't stand a chance. If she didn't know his reputation, she probably would be one of them. "I'm just glad I was able to return the favor." She stated, trying not to give him any room to continue his flirtations.

"Oh! Yes, well..." Willow couldn't think of a good reason to ask him to leave that wouldn't sound incredibly rude. And he really didn't deserve to be treated poorly. He was flirty, sure. But if she never gave in, then what harm could he really do? "Alright, well... this one is one I wrote."

She had written it for some of her friends around camp. Willow watched as a lot of her fellow campers fell for people that just weren't right for them.

• Like 1

There were a lot of girls at camp that were just annoying but Willow was different. She was sweet but also very kind. The way she held herself was timid but also could shine so brightly when she did what she loved with music. Maybe that was what caught his attention in the first place. Her quiet nature calmed his soul. His head had been such a loud place so the person who seemed to slow him down and quiet the demons he so often fought. He was watching the way she spoke and it made him grin more. He wasn't trying to put on his charm but with her it was just easy to let his guard down.

Asking to hear her song, he could feel himself holding his breathe....would he be able to stay or would she ask him to go? But with the words she slowly got out, it seemed he would be able to hear one of the songs after all. "Ohh that is great" he said excitedly. Sitting back as to not over crowd her as she began to play. Listening to the song he wondered if she played this song to tell him something. Trying to read into it he began to worry the girl might not like his presence. This had never been the case unless things went south with a woman but he thought it was all good with them. 

Willow lost herself in the song, as she always did. When she played she felt like she was transported somewhere where it was just her and her guitar. When she finished the song, she had almost forgotten that Killian was there. As she looked up, she saw him and blushed. "So... what did you think?" Willow chewed nervously on her lower lip. She didn't share her personal songs very often. Most of the songs she sang publicly were covers or folk songs. Willow felt vulnerable having shown Killian her personal works. "I... um... I haven't shared it with anyone yet." Willow pulled a lock of hair back behind her ear, before absent-mindedly strumming at the guitar strings once more.

Killian had been nothing but sweet to her since the night of Aislynn's party. He had sacrificed his own well-being to protect her during capture the flag. It was hard not to be impressed and drawn in by all his charm. His presence made her nervous because Willow didn't understand why he suddenly seemed so different around her. Before he hadn't paid much attention to her. He had never been cruel or even unkind, but distant and not necessarily as interested in her as he seemed now. She wasn't quite sure what kind of interest he had in her right now. But she could definitely tell that there was a desire to be around her and spend time together. But why...?

• Like 1

Even if the words seemed to worry him, he watched as Willow lost herself in her music. She was so beautiful the way she just seemed to shine bright as her angelic voice sang out while playing. It was as if she was a siren that was bringing him to her but he didn't want to fight it. The song was coming to an end but he didn't want it to be over as that meant she would want him to leave....Probably! "Ohhhhhh you were marvelous miss willow" he said in such a genuine tone "You were radiant" he found himself saying but wondered if she would believe him. Ever since he became apart of the camp, he had gone from girl to girl as if he was just trying to distract himself....but in an instant he found himself transfixed on one girl.

"Really" he cleared his throat as he looked shocked that she played it for him "Not even for your sibling?" Killian had felt Willow's restrain against his attempts to get to know her or even his advances. "Those words.....are they about a particular person?" He asked as he ran his hands throw his hair. Would she say it was about him? Or about bad boys in general. 

Willow's cheeks continued to flush as he complimented her. "Killian... you don't have to... I'm not that great." She chewed her lower lip. Her fingers continued to dance gently across the strings of her guitar as she nervously plucked them. He seemed to keep complimenting her lately, and during Capture the Flag he had acted so valiantly in her defense. She wasn't sure what was going on completely, but she knew that she'd attracted his attention somehow and she didn't know how to handle it.

"I... I haven't had a chance to play it for them yet." She said, continuing to chew on her lip as she finished. "This song? Oh... I mean, yes. Sort of." Nobody had asked her about her lyrics before. Not that wasn't a sibling, anyway. So it was the first time that she was able to really talk about it. She lit up with excitement as she spoke. "It's just kind of about when you watch your friends do something you know they shouldn't. Mostly jumping into a relationship they weren't ready for, or one that isn't right for them. Sometimes I really wish I could be the kind of person who had the courage to speak to people like that." Willow looked down at the porch beneath her dangling feet. "I mean I don't want to be a know-it-all or anything, but just standing up to people. Or even telling people how I really feel. I'm not very brave with those things..."

• Like 1

Killian could see the girl did not want to take the compliment he had for her. "Ohhhh be see here" he said leaning in "When you children of Apollo sing or play or even do archery." He paused to make sure she was listening to him "You all shine like the sun" he said holding his hand out doing a motion as if the horizon was in front of him. Smiling he looked back at her "You being a child of Apollo Shine as they do when you do something you love with music."  Killian finished saying feeling happy about it hoping she would see his point. 

Killian at first felt very happy he had gotten to hear it before anyone else but then again was it about him? "Ohhhhh that sounds like good topic to write about then. Having first hand knowledge" he said still hoping it wasn't about him. Killian had fooled around a number of women over the years but was never really serious. But then she went on to say something else about herself "Well it takes time to do that, I have a feeling if you felt strong enough about a person you would give them the one two" he said doing a punch in the air. Happy he got to be there with her, he didn't want to over do his stay. "What else you got planned today Miss Willow? I don't want to keep you from it all. " 

As Killian spoke about her and her siblings, Willow's eyes welled up. His word were so kind and sweet. "Killian... that's so... beautiful." Killian's description of her and her siblings when they were passionate about things was very poetic in its presentation. And she would know, Apollo was also the god of poetry after all. In that moment, she realized just how easy it must be for him to charm girls into being with him for an evening. He wasn't just charming, he was able to spin words with real finesse. Willow knew that if she hadn't known his reputation, she likely would have developed her own crush on him. As it was, she was having a hard time reminding herself that he wasn't a safe person to fall for.

Willow chuckled and shook her head as Killian said he believed she could. "No. I'm just not that brave. Confrontation scares me. So... I write it out." She confessed. "I can battle monsters easily enough, but... I have to live with the consequences of hurting someone else's feelings. You know?" Willow chewed softly on her lip.

"I don't really have much of a plan. Though I suppose I should head to the mess hall to eat." She smiled softly.

• Like 1

Killian listened to Willow talk about her struggles with bravery and speaking up, and he couldn't help but feel a pang of empathy. He had his own struggles with opening up and being vulnerable, and he knew how hard it could be to let others in. "I understand what you mean, Willow," he said, looking at her intently. "It can be hard to speak your mind, especially when you're worried about how others will react." Killian paused for a moment, considering his next words carefully. "But sometimes, it's important to take that risk. You never know what might happen if you speak up. You might just surprise yourself."

Killian saw Willow nodding thoughtfully, so he continued. "I know it can be scary, but maybe we can work on it together. You don't have to do it alone, Willow." Killian reached out and gently took Willow's hand in his, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

As they sat there in silence, Killian could feel a shift between them. He didn't know what it was exactly, but he felt like they were moving towards something deeper than friendship. He wasn't sure if Willow felt it too, but he was willing to take things slow and see where it went. "So," he said, breaking the silence. "What do you say we make a deal? You work on being more brave, and I'll work on being more open. And in the meantime, we can hang out more and get to know each other better." Killian smiled, hoping his offer would be well received. He was showing a side of himself he rarely did; vulnerability. As they sat there on the porch, Killian felt like they were on the brink of something new and exciting.

Willow smiled politely at Killian. "Maybe you're right." She conceded. There were several things in life that were probably worth speaking up about. Protecting her friends, doing the right thing, and love were just a few that came to mind. "But it doesn't make it easy."

As Killian spoke about being willing to help support her, Willow smiled softly. "I'd like that." She knew his reputation, but certainly he wouldn't offer something like this if he was seeking more than just friendship, right? Willow started to let her guard down and trust that maybe Killian was capable of just being friends with her. Maybe I just imagined the flirting. That thought was comforting to her. She could handle a friendship with Killian. So long as that was all it was, she felt like she could maybe handle that.

• Like 1

Killian watched Willow's smile fade as she seemed lost in thought. He wanted to say something to bring that smile back, but he couldn't quite figure out what to say. He had never been particularly good at this kind of thing with her. He cleared his throat awkwardly.  "So I need to get back to my cabin...they might need me." He stood up from the bench. Killian couldn't help but steal glances at Willow before he went. "Good day my lady" he finished saying before he was off.  He had always thought she was beautiful, but now that he was getting to know her better, he was finding himself drawn to her in other ways as well. He couldn't let himself get too attached, though. At least they could be friends and maybe there was hope for them still! 

The end

Important Information

Terms of Use