bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

A Broken Heart

McKayla Johnson

The night was the final one before she went off back to Boston. The unthinkable happened, her and Zoren had broken up after arguing for hours after the Levi thing. He was angry with her being in that situation in the first place but then she was mad he would not stand up for her. They went round and round when finally the words 'it's over' came out of his mouth. The pain was like nothing she had ever experienced in her life. It was as if a bomb had gone off and all she could do was watch from the outside. Her heart was one that felt as if it was being ripped from her chest.....letting her bleed out onto the ground. 

As she began to cry well it was more like a sobbing...she stumbled on the way back to her cabin where her bags laid ready for her to go back to Boston. Opening the door, it seemed most were still out hanging out with friends or loved ones. Running over to her bed she flung herself on it crying into her pillow. How could she ever move on? 

Tag @ Krystal RosePegasus.png

• Like 1

Krystal was in a haze that night, she was just thrown with Dustin by Liam and they talked a bit but she had no idea where things were going to for them at this time. She was happy and sad at the same time. When she walked through the cabin door, she heard sobbing. Falling the sound, she found McKayla laying on her bed crying her eyes out. Krystal was hesitant to walk in, her and her sister didn't get along very well. But Krystal was also a very caring person, specially to her siblings even if they didn't get along all the time. She walked over to the edge of MK's bed and sat down, placing a hand on her back, she started to rub her sisters back. 

"Hey sis, I know I'm probably the last person you want to see right now, but I am here for you if you want to talk" Krystal reassures her.  

So much was running through her mind as she felt the overwhelming pain in her heart. Her world seemed to be falling apart as she lost her best friend and boyfriend in one fail swoop. She thought he would be the one....the one she would end up with but that was all a lie. Zoren wouldn't even stand up for her in all of the mess. Plus when they fought there was so much back and forth on who's fault it was. But none of that mattered now......the cabin seemed so still as her sobbs echoed through the structure. Anyone entering would know something was up, but in her distress she did not hear the person who entered. 

All she felt was the pain as the tears streamed down her face when someone sat at the end of her bed. It was the voice that seemed to snap her out of her pain. "why are you here?" she said as she felt the hand rub her back. A part of her knew that her half sister was not a bad person. She wasn't the one that called her lil krystal or krystal number 2. But then again the pain of krystal being with the guy she had liked for so long also hurt. Looking up her face just looked like someone who was in deep pain. "Why does it hurt so bad?" she said as she clutched at her heart. 

Krystal knew the pain all to well, even if she was the one to cause it. She was the one that broke up with Dustin, but the pain was the same. It felt like her heart was ripping into pieces every second that passed. Even though she was still not fully over her own situation, and now she had the smallest hope of the possibility of getting Dustin back, she could still feel the sting of her break up all over again, watching her sister cry out in that same pain. 

Krystal ignored her sisters small protest, she never held her feelings toward her, against her she knew that MK had a crush on Dustin but she couldn't do anything about the fact that he fell for her and not MK. She grabbed her and pulled her over to where MK's head was laying on her lap and she started to brush MK's hair with her fingers. "Sssshhh, It's going to be ok, I know it hurts right now, but it will get better" she tells her calmly. Krystal remembered seeing MK at the fireworks with that one guy from aphrodite and she thought for moment "Did this have something to do with that guy, you were with at the fireworks?" she questioned her sister.

• Like 1

With never having a mother figure in her life to sooth her when she was sad. It was something that her dad also never did as he was a man with a vision. Not that he was a bad man but he just didn't have that soothing characteristic. So as she cried out, she felt Krystal pull her head to her lap. MK just allowing it to all happen as the pain was just overwhelming in that moment that she did not know what else to do. "How I lost I lost I lost Zoren and he was suppose to be the one" she cried out as she laid in her sister's lap. The tears just ran as a never ending stream on her face.

Nodding her head she took a breathe as it felt like her her chest was going to collapse in on itself. "My boyfriend" she paused and began to sobb again, trying to calm herself down "I mean ex boyfriend Zoren he didn't stand up for me and just left me.......so I stayed and then he got mad and and and he broke up with me........I thought he was going to be the one." 

• Like 1

Krystal sat and listened as she played with MK's hair, trying to soothe her the best she can. Krystal didn't grow up the the soothing mother figure, her father died when she was so young she doesn't really remember him. But she got the characteristic from somewhere, maybe it was from their 'mom' but she thinks it came from her dad. Krystal was also a nice and caring person no matter who the person was. Which was one of the reason it hurt her so bad to hurt Dustin, in his fit of being scared.

Krystal hummed soothingly, still listening to her sister. "I'm so sorry hun, it's his lost sweety, your an amazing girl" Krystal wanted to say more but she was pretty pissed that a guy that claimed to lover her sister, wouldn't even stand up for her, and she wanted to say so much about that but she knew this was not the time. So instead she stayed silent to let her sister keep talking, if she wanted to, or if she wanted to just keep crying. Either way was fine with Krystal she just wanted to be sure she was there for her.

• Like 1

Sobbing, she talked about the things that had happened from the time she had been with Zoren. The two of them making a vow on the river styx to Levi stealing her top at the lake. All of the feelings were so much and were rushing out like a river through a dam. Krystal playing with MK's hair made her feel a sort of calm that she had never experienced before. The words she spoke kept going as she sobbed more and more. The pain was starting to feel better but also still hurt in the same sense. But once she finished she looked up at Krystal who was humming.

This was probably the first time she had ever felt comfortable around Krystal in her life knowing her. When her sister spoke saying it was his loss....she was stunned at just how kind she was being to her. "But what if he moves on and forgets about me? He told me he loved me? Did he really mean it then?" Her words were starting to sound a bit disjointed as she began to hyperventilate. Wondering if Krystal had ever felt this way before she wiped her eyes before she calmed herself down once again. "Have you ever felt this way?" 

Krystal listened closely as MK told the whole story, even making a little mad sigh when she hears about Levi stealing her top. But as MK continued, even though Levi was an ass, Levi at this point sounded better the Zoren in her eyes. She would rather have a guy fondle over her, then a guy that claims to love me and not stand up for me. Krystal kept playing with her hair seeing that it was helping her calm down. 

That was until MK started to question what Zoren might do, or if he even loved her. When she started to hyperventilate, Krystal wrapped her arms around her to hold her tight, not restricting though. "Ssshhh" she made the soothing sound as she held her, and before she could comment to her worries, she throws out the question she was not ready for. Krystal took a deep breath, sighing and smiled looking down at her sweet sister. "Don't think about what he does hun, focus on yourself. I can't tell you if he truly meant it or not but I can tell you, he may have felt right at the time but after having this kind of thing happen and tests your alls relationship shows that, you all just weren't right for eachother." 

Once she finished talking she sighed again not even wanting to think about the heart wrenching night that just happened a year ago, and then getting thrown back at Dustin during the fireworks it was all so painful but happy at the same time. Finally she got the words out, "Yes hun, I have felt this pain, but it was my fault for the pain" she said sadly.

The pain was hard to explain as her heart felt as if it was torn out of her chest. He was her first love and she wanted him to be the last but that was all over now. The tears flowed as she explained so much to her sister as it felt good to get it out. Cause holding in this pain was just too much for her. As if it were going to tear her apart, little by little. She didn't know how she was going to make it through tonight.....tomorrow or this week! MK told her sister how she had slept with Zoren and now felt like that was all a waste. Feeling her sister playing with her hair was all that was keeping her at bay.

MK had never felt like this in her entire life which is why she began to hyperventilate. Krystal wrapped her arms around her which she hugged tightly back as she sobbed. Listening to her trying to sooth her. All of these questions felt like they had weight on her.....how would she get the answers? Would that even help her? Looking up at her sister with teary eyes she listened. "But what if I was the one that messed up? Maybe i was the problem" she said closing her eyes again. The thought of this pained her because Zoren meant so much to her!

One thing about having older siblings was that they always seemed so perfect in everyway. So for Krystal to say she was at fault. MK wiped her eyes and looked confused as she began to look like she wanted to ask a question. "But how did you come to terms with that? Like how did you still love yourself?" 

Krystal hugged MK tight "from what you have said, it wasn't your fault" she tells her little sister. It pained Krystal to see her little sister like this and what made it worse was she knew oh to well how it felt, and even though MK wasn't the one at fault here she was trying to blame herself. She tried to think of what to say, how to come her down more, how to make sure understand that it wasn't her fault. Heck she wants to just blame it on that damned Aphrodite's child but deep down even though he may have stirred the pot, it was still Zoren's fault for not sticking up for her littler sister. "Ssshh there, there, sweety, it wasn't your fault. You were just the pawn in that pretty boys game, and Zoren made it worse by not sticking up for you" she sighs, taking a deep breath before continuing. "Pretty boy did you a favor. He showed you Zoren's true colors, and saved you from a lot more heartache down the road." 

Once Krystal said her peace, it grew slighten for a minute before her sister looked up at her wiping her eyes away. Krystal smiled down at her until she utter words that tore through her own barrier and she could feel the tears want to escape. "Mckayla, sweetheart. We all make mistakes, I happen to get scared and made the worst mistake of my life. I never wanted to ended with Dustin, it just happened because I was scared of our future, where he wanted to be versas where I wanted to be at the time." Krystal reached up and whipped a few tears away, as she put on a smile for her little sister. "I am still hurting, but it has gotten easier" she said with reassurance. 

• Like 1

Being in so much pain, her mind could not comprehend how it wasn't her fault at all.  Like how could it not be with the pain she had in her chest. The feeling was one that felt like the whole world was going to end. Maybe she was being a bit over dramatic but it was all she knew right now. Even if she didn't think the best of Krystal before, MK didn't want to imagine being by herself if her  sister had never checked on her. What might have she done if she was alone? The thoughts went back to a time when she would be in the bathroom a few years ago when she felt utterly alone at home. Where she would look down to her arms or legs at the bleeding marks she made hoping to feel something or anything at all. With the help of talking to Zoren, she made him a promise she wouldn't do that again but now he was gone.......

Wiping the tears from her face she nodded to what her sister was saying "Do you really think that? I mean....do you think this would have happened eventually?" Her question was one she didn't want to ask but she also wanted to hear the truth as well.  MK really hated seeing herself like this. She hated that a guy could make her feel like she was in such a dark place that she could do those dark things. Saying that she was the scariest thing that had come from her lips as it was her deepest fear. "but if you could do it then maybe I I I was the mistake" her words getting choked up on the sobs. Seeing that her sister was smiling through the hard things she said she was feeling. Well it made MK think she could get through this. Looking down at the scars on her arms she knew she had to be strong. "I want to be strong like you" the words came out of her mouth which shocked her. This was the first time she had admitted she wanted to be like Krystal in any way. 

• Like 1

Krystal noticed MK look at her arms, so she slide a hand down her arm, rubbing it in comfort "Whatever happened in the past, that you did, doesn't need to happen again. I am here for you." Krystal sighted when MK asked the question, "Yes, if something like that incident at the fireworks, could make him turn away, blame you and not even stand up for you. Then he wasn't for you in the first place, and something else would of eventually showed his true colors as well. Levi just pushed it before you got to deep. In a way, without trying to, he saved you for an even worse heartache hun" she tells her, as she rubbed MK's arms, and the wraps her in another hug. Krystal new it probably was mistake to admit that she was the one at fault for the break up between her and Dustin, but it was the truth. "Yes but our situation was a lot different, and it was my fault because I was to scared to move forward into the future with what he saw for us" she says with a small choke in her voice trying not to cry, and stay strong.

Krystal smiled when she heard MK admit she wanted to be more like her. She was happy she could finally show her younger sister that she wasn't a bad person, and she didn't mean to do anything to hurt her in the past. "I promise it will get better, I am happy you are willing to let me be here for you sis." she says with a smile, holding tight to her.

• Like 1

Krystal was older and wiser than she, so maybe she was right! Maybe this would have happened eventually like she said. MK was trying to calm herself down as it had been an evening of high emotions. Her heart was still hurting as felt as if it was ripped right out of her chest. Zoren had been such a close friend and lover of hers. That him not wanting to be with her anymore felt like her world was falling apart. But Krystal tried to reassure her that her situation was way different than her own. Trying to keep it together she nodded. It seemed that Krystal had also had strong feelings like she had. Rubbing her sisters arm, she wanted her to know she was here for her too. There was less than a year difference between the two girls. 

Looking at her with kindness for the first time in her life. "Thank you Krystal, I know I haven't always been nice to you. But I hope we can have a better relationship now."  Trying to force herself to sit up, she rubbed her eyes trying to dry them as a lot of tears had been shed tonight. Today was the day a different path was before MK. It was not she was taking so easily but in the long run it might be better for her. "Krystal...do you want to maybe hang out tonight...I don't know if being by myself is good." 

Krystal smiled ear to ear hearing her sister say she wanted to have a better relationship. Hugging her sister "I would love that McKayla" she commented back with a happy sigh. MK then asked if they could hang out, which made Krystal chuckle just a bit, making the comment "I thought we already were". She then straightened up, sitting herself at the edge of MK's bed. "Of course we hangout, we can stay up all night and watch movies or listen to music, or whatever you would like to do hun" she commented with a huge smile. 

Krystal was determined to make the rest of this night fun.

(end)

Important Information

Terms of Use