bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

A Tale of Forgiveness

McKayla Johnson

MK was just about to go home for the fall where she would start her last year in high school. So much had happened over the summer starting with Zoren telling her that he loved her. The two started dating which then made things with Dustin a bit awkward as she still had feelings for him. It was only a day later when she had come to Dustin's class where she had done a move that Krystal had taught her. Causing Dustin to pin her to the ground and almost kiss her. This of course made her furious as she stormed off not speaking to Dustin all summer. The two of them were close but part of her was so hurt by Dustin only seeing her as Krystal. 

As if the summer could not get worse, she had been having issues with Levi which caused a fight between Zoren and Her. Causing them to break up which broke her own heart. Realizing she did not want to lose Dustin as well. She sent a letter to him to meet her out on the docks by the lake. Sitting there with her feet in the water. So much was swimming in her head of what she wanted to say and hoped he would come!

@ Dustin GravesPegasus.png

• Like 1

Things had gone a little side ways for the Ares cabin leader. He had no idea what he was doing in his life at the moment. He was trying his best to keep out of trouble and he had thought that he was doing pretty well with it. Obviously not. Apparently Mk had a crush on him and he didn't know it. Thanks to his brothers for finally telling him that. He hated it, but he didn't feel the same way about her. Hell, if anything he only seen her as a friend. Well maybe more than that. Like a sister. Which if he was honestly was pretty bad since he knew that answer would hurt her even worse. But there was no way to explain that to her since she hadn't spoken to him since summer. It was already fall and she was getting ready to be in school now. He wanted to have his friend back. Honestly, he wanted to have MK back on his side so they could spare together again. She was talented but if she couldn't do that then he would understand that. He was going to have to suck up his pride and tell her that he was sorry. Not something that the boy was likely to do. To him you win some and you lose some. Losing his pride wasn't something he was ready to lose. There was only a couple of people that he would do it for and Mk just so happened to be one of the people that he would do it for. There was maybe a list of five people in all that got to get him in his soft side. That was if she even wanted to accepted his sorry. 

So when he got a letter from MK there was that little bit of hope. He left the letter on his bed and told his brother Liam that he would be back and Liam made a face but understood what he was doing. The boy was going to rag him out later and he knew it. However, Dustin didn't mind at all. He would get his brother back soon as well. His normal grin was on the boys faced wasn't there today. He was purely on a mission and he was ready to be yelled at or punched or something. Even though he had gotten yelled at that day. He didn't want to lose MK as a friend at all. He stopped short when he saw MK sitting there with her feet in the water. He blinked a little and started walking to her. "You getting ready to leave?" he questioned her curiously as he wasn't sure what she was going to do. It was getting close to school time and it felt a little odd for him not to go but he had already graduated last year. 

• Like 1

Sitting on the dock, there was many things going through her mind as she waited. Part of her even wondered if Dustin would come since she refused to talk to him the rest of the summer. The two were good friends before so maybe just maybe he would. There was so much she wanted to say as she hadn't been the best kind of friend back to him. I mean he did make a mistake and hurt her but it wasn't as if she gave him a chance to explain. The water was much cooler than it was in the summer time. Her feet playing on the surface, drawing pictures to distract herself as the anxiety was building inside of her. What if he didn't come? Did that mean their friendship was over? 

But soon enough she heard his voice which but a small smile on her face. Turning she looked back at him with a look that had both happiness and pain in it. The last few days had been sort of rough but she wanted to end on a good note. "Hey Dustin....yeah, I got to finish my last year of high school which isn't exciting but hopefully I will be back here soon enough." Waving to him to come over to her, she pulled her feet out of the water and crossed her legs facing him. Trying to push Zoren out of her mind as it only pained her. She tried to smile at him "I have missed you this summer........I am sorry" she looked down at her hands which were fidgeting with each other "I didn't come talk to you sooner.......I was being dumb and was hurt." She finished saying as she looked up at him hoping that he also wanted to be friends again. "I just want to be friends if that is okay." 

• Like 1

Dustin watched as she turned her head and had a small smile on her lips. Though something seemed off and he was a little worried was this going to be the last time that he was going to talk to her wasn't it. He groaned internally and he gave her a small smile back as he listened to her as she was talking about going back to school. "Well think about it this way. It's your last year and you wont have to go back next year. Though I'm going to be honest. It's a little odd." he told her thinking about how he started to think himself that he needed to go to school. He smiled more as she waved him over to her and he followed her. Taking a seat and next to her the smile got a little smaller. What was he going to say to her. It shocked him a little that she had told him she missed him this summer and he agreed. He was so use to seeing her all the time that it bothered him not seeing her as well. Though that was when she told him that she was sorry and he shook his head. "There isn't anything for you to be sorry over. It was my fault. I pulled a stupid and didn't mean to do it either." He didn't know what was going on with her and her boyfriend at the moment but it had to be something. He remembered the fireworks but he didn't get to do much since well he was with Krystal. He blinked a little bit when she told him that she was being dumb and that was the reason she didn't come to him sooner. "No, don't worry about it. Truthfully. I'm just glad that I'm able to talk to you now." He told her and he was honest about it as well. He thought that maybe Zoren had told her that they couldn't talk anymore because of what happened. She soon asked if they could be friends and he nodded his head at her. "Of course. Always friends." He beamed happily. "So starting on a new leaf." he told her. "We're good." he said nudging her with his elbow. 

• Like 1

The previous evening, Krystal had held MK while she sobbed after her first break up. The pain was still fresh but from it all she had gained some respect for Krystal. Her sister was there for her even if she resisted at first. Holding her while she cried out the pain. Since MK had never known her mother personally, it was the first time she had had a motherly figure like that. Holding her and calming her down when she felt so alone. It was oddly soothing to her even if she never received that kind of attention from her dad when she was a child. But when she asked if Krystal had ever experienced such pain she told her about how she was the one at fault with her and Dustin. Shocked to hear her say that.....she knew if her sister could reach out to Dustin. So could she!

"Well then maybe it will fly by with how busy I will be and then I will be back with everyone here" she said longingly. She hated the idea of going back to school but also knew she needed to do it. Seeing him come over to her after she waved him over. Made her happy to see he didn't just come to yell at her and leave. Maybe they could be friends again!!! "Well then let's say we are both at fault" there was a part of her that wanted him to know she was taking ownership of her crap of being a bit immature at times. Looking down then back up at Dustin. She felt happy to hear he was happy just to be able to talk to her again. "Same" she nodded her head with a sad smile. As they rubbed elbows she laughed "We're good my friend."

Looking out to the lake it was so calm as most had gone home already. "This summer was an interesting one to say the least but I feel I have changed quite a lot from it all." Her head turned to look at him "How was it for you?" 

Dustin listened to her talk about her leaving and he understood that all to well. He knew that it would suck. "You always have vacations to look forward too." He told her with a smile. He had always loved those times of the year. He knew that he would be back in camp with people that cared some what about him. He blinked a little when he told her that they could say they both were at fault. His pride hated him sometimes but he nodded his head. "Agreed." he said as he ran his hand through his hair. 

She looked down and Dustin couldn't help but look away into the water as well. He noticed the sad smile that she had on her face and he gave her a questionable look. However that look soon turned into one that was laughing and he couldn't help but chuckle himself. "Good. Don't know what I would do without my other favorite Nike girl. So yeah the first one was taken by Krystal but honestly he couldn't help but have her there even though they weren't together anymore or still. He was bound to change that too. This was a new year and things were going to change for him. He was about to do all kinds of things. 

He blinked a little before turning his attention back to her and he shrugged some. "Mine was interesting." He told her. He didn't know what all he would say about with Krystal but they were talking now, of course that was thanks to Liam dragging her over to him. "After what happened it was pretty chill after that." he told her with another shrug. He didn't want to think about that but then again that was what he always did. He wanted to make sure that she knew that he was sorry for that much. "What about you at the fireworks huh...With whats his face?" he questioned about Levi. He didn't see her being closer with the son of Aphrodite. 

• Like 1

Knowing she would be back soon enough she nodded "I know I just really hate going to school" she laughed knowing that it would be a struggle with her dyslexia and ADHD as it always had been. But she would also have her senior year of sports, one of which she was excited to compete in. Gymnastics had always been her thing but this year she was going to dominate the competition. "You should come to one of my competitions if it is in New York, New York." She knew he would probably not be alone....maybe Krystal would come with him? With the two of them agreeing it was both their faults it was nice to know they were going to be okay. Happy to have her friend back meant a lot to her. 

"How is Krystal?" she found herself asking. When he said she was his other favorite Nike girl. The two of them well had a bonding moment the night before when Zoren broke up with her. Krystal well sort of was there when she needed someone which shocked her. The two of them had always had a rocky relationship, mainly due to MK's jealousy of her. She never gave her the chance to even prove her feelings wrong. She knew that Krystal still loved Dustin but did he know that? 

Wanting to hear all about his Summer, MK was one to well listen to him as he spoke about it. Saying it was pretty chill after what happened. Nodding her head she did noticed that Krystal did come over to Dustin at the Fireworks but was occupied at the time with her own bit of drama. "Ohhh that was terrible, ummmmm where to begin......Levi has been after me all summer and I don't know why" she paused looking at Dustin to see if he had any insight "Well he was flirting with me and then Zoren well he didn't even stand up for me...he just left and then later we fought about it and well we broke up" the sadness was still in her voice from the event. 

• Like 1

Dustin couldn't help but chuckle at MK. He knew how she was feeling but he had already gotten out of school, and he didn't have to worry about that anymore. "Well, you can always write me, or even better, Iris message." he said winking at her. He couldn't believe that he was getting ready to lose one of his closest friends and he honestly didn't know if he was going to have a fun time without her. Because who was going to race him and beat him now? No one. It was then that she had told him that he should come to her competitions. New York. "Sure. I'll come, you just have to tell me when and where." he told her as he nudged her shoulder with his. "Besides, I don't think I would miss it for the world." he told her with a small laugh.

He froze a little when she brought up Krystal and he couldn't help but sigh a little. "Well... I don't really know." he told her honestly. He loved her to death and would do anything for her. Hell, even Liam was getting tired of his shit. "I haven't talked to her at all. I want to but I don't know where to start." heck, he didn't even know what he did wrong to get her to break up with him in the first place. He shook his head some and glanced back at MK. "Why what have you heard?" he questioned her more on the subject. Was she already seeing someone else. He would kill them. 

Dustin listened to her talk about how Levi had been after her all summer long and he blinked at her. "You haven't given anything up, have you?" he asked worried about her being another notch in his belt. He didn't want that for her. But again, she was a big girl, and she was able to take care of herself. She didn't need Dustin to be there guarding her all the time. Though, he would if she had asked him to do that. He frowned at the thought of Zoren hurting her and nodded his head. "Well maybe it's for the best. You're too good for anyone anyways." he muttered, being the protective friend that he was. 

• Like 1

MK knew that Dustin and Krystal would figure things out hopefully. "Well I believe in you two" she said looked at Dustin with a genuine smile. This was probably the first time ever she felt that way! "I know she wants to be with you.....I just do....just go and tell her how you feel and you might be surprised how she will react" she finished saying hoping this would push Dustin in making a move on Krystal! In the end of all of this she just wanted her closest friend and sister to be happy. Which she knew they both thought each other would do that!!!! It was from their talk the night before but she didn't want to just spill everything that Krystal had told her in confidence. 

"NOOOO DUSTIN" she shoved his arm and laughed "He is gross and an Aphrodite...granted he is good looking but ewww nooo" but then the thought went to her mind....but what if it was just for a bit of fun. Trying to squash that thought she then laughed while leaning back. Then looking at the sun she knew it was time for her to get her things and finish her last high school year. "Ughhhhh I have to go" she looked over at him with a face of 'I don't want to go!' But pulling herself up she looked down at Dustin "You be good while I am gone okay!" she laughed as she turned. "Want to walk me to the big house?" 

[[go ahead and end it]]

Important Information

Terms of Use