bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Lunch of Champions

Dahlia Wakabayashi

Dahlia had been working in the kitchen this morning as she had a desire for something delicious as homecooked Ramen. Getting the ingrediencies ready she began to work on the broth as it would bring some warmth to her on this fall day. With most of the others going home it was kind of empty in the camp. Soon she would be joining them as her Dad would be waiting for her to come home to him once more. But that was still a week or so away.

As she finished cooking the broth she started to cook the meat as today would be a chicken ramen day! The amount she was making was enough for a whole cabin of campers or maybe just a few hungry boys! Either way there was no way she could eat all this by herself.

@ Gael Masterson

• Like 1

Gael had been around the camp now for a while. It was of course interesting for him to see how the others went about things. He hadn't gotten much sleep the night before so he was trying to do things that keep him up. Walking around, practicing with a sword some. Now it was off to get something to eat. He of course wanted something to eat since he had skipped breakfast trying to get a little more sleep since you know cabin 11 was filled to the brim of people. He shook his head some and ran his hand through his black hair before getting to the kitchen where he stopped for a moment. The smell of food was getting to him. This time it smelled like some kind of soup? He blinked a little as he walked into the place and noticed right off the bat that Dahlia was there. He had seen her a couple of times during the days. She was normally out and about in the strawberry fields. "Whatcha cooking?" he questioned as he took a seat at the table. His crystal blue eyes showing brighter thanks to his dark hair.

• Like 1

Humming to herself, she was thinking of how her dad makes this at home for the two of them. It was one of those things that brought her comfort in days when she missed him. Turning the meat over in the pan, the smell was one that was through the house as she cooked. There was this song that she loved and it was from one of her favorite bands back home. Starting to lowly sing to herself, she did not hear the footsteps of the camper who came into the kitchen. "Ohhhhhhh" she said jumping a little then putting her hand over her heart laughing. "Hi Gael" she laughed more "You gave her a scare.....I am making some chicken Ramen. Would you like some? I will be having a ton left over." Dahlia was all for having company while she ate as it was time for friends and family! 

Looking down at her pan she noticed the meat was done. So take it off and setting it aside, she began to look in the cabinets to find the big bowls that were not chipped. Trying to reach in the back of the cabinet, they were just out of reach "Gael ummm can you help me? I can't get the bowls." 

Gael had no idea that he was going to scare her, he honestly didn't mean to at the moment. Well it wasn't in his agenda to do yet. He was still a little hungry to do that. However, he couldn't help but give her a look that asked if she was okay when he jumped. "Dahlia." he repaid the greeting back to her with a small smile. "Sorry. Didn't mean to." He told her while rubbing the back of his head. He had always been pretty good a scaring people. He blamed his father about that. She had told him that she was making chicken ramen and asked if he would like some. He went to open his mouth to answer but his belly answered for him. A flush hit his face for a moment and he looked away for a moment. "Sure." he told her, trying to stop himself from being embarrassed. 

After a moment he was soon looking back at Dahlia and he watched her carefully. He blinked at her as she tried to get a bowl out of the cabinet. He pointed at himself as she asked for help for a second and then sighed. She was going to feed him so of course he was going to help out anyway that he could. He rose from seating and walked over to where she was and reached into the cabinet, grabbing her a bowl. He passed it over to her and gave her a small smile. "Need anything else?" He questioned her before he would sit down. 

• Like 1

Putting her hand on her heart, she nodded to Gael to let him know she was fine. He had just surprised hera bit which wasn't an issue. I mean she was one of those people who got frightened quite a lot as she was in her own world so she did not pay attention much when others were around her. "Ohhhh this happens to me all the time" she laughed "I just scare easily". Hoping this will make him feel a bit better, since well he did have a bit of a reputation for his father. Children of Phobos did not have an easy time but Dahlia quite enjoyed having Gael around. So as she told him that she was making food and offered him some. He seemed to agree which made her jump up and down with happiness. "Great, then you shall be my lunch date" she said with a smile. 

It was a good thing that Gael was there as she wasn't tall enough just yet to get the bowls. Asking for helped she turned to see him getting up "Thank you Gael" she said clasping her hands together with the biggest smile. "Nopeeeee that was it" she said taking the bowls from him. They were the perfect bowls for a big thing of Ramen. Feeling excited for the food she was going to enjoy soon, she turned back to the food. Putting the meat to the side she pulled out the broth as she warmed it up. Looking for the noodles "Sooooo you got any plans for the holidays?" she asked him hoping to get him to talk a bit. I mean for her it was always nice to enjoy those you were around. The pot with the broth was starting to bowl so she poured it in the bowl as she looked over to see the noodles were almost done. Taking them off she put it in the broth with the meat set on top. Adding a few more things in it she smiled as she looked at the two bowls. 

Picking it up she quickly walked it over to the table to Gael with the biggest smile. "Enjoy."

• Like 1

He couldn't help but watch her place a hand on her chest. He blinked knowing that he hadn't used his powers, but she had told him that she normally was a jumper. He blinked and nodded his head in understanding. He had met a couple people that that, but with him and his abilities he didn't know if it was him half the time. "Good, I thought I let my ability loose." he told her with a small smile. When she offered to food to him, he agreed, and she seemed to jump up and down. Hearing her call, him a lunch date made him blush a little. He hadn't really done dates before. It was more like he never done that before. Not that he didn't want to but because he had never had the chance to. He nodded his head and blinked a little. "Sure." he told her with a small, lipped smile on his face. 

He got up and grabbed the bowls for her and she thanked him which was something different for him too. Most people didn't want to be around him because of who his father was. He blinked and smiled this time. Her smile was contagious which was off for him. He tried to be this hard ass but with her there was something different. He wanted to be nice to her. Maybe it was just who she was. She seemed busy but decided that he would keep silent because he didn't want to distract her. "I don't have anything planned." as he messed with his hands. "What about you?" he questioned her curiously. 

He was soon looking at a bowl of noddles at the table. He grinned brightly at her before started in on them. "You made this by yourself?" he questioned her. 

• Like 1

Most had feared the boy in front of her, but she just enjoyed his presence. Maybe it was her way of looking at things but she knew he was a nice guy deep down.  Smiling as she listened to him talk about his holidays it was nice to get to know him more. "Well I will be here like I always am.....maybe I will try and cook a big feast for the group of us here" she said thinking out loud. Nodding at this idea she wandered over to the table as she handed him his bowl. Giggling she nodded "Yes I did....you know us demeter kids...always good with making food." It was nice to surprise the other campers from time to time but in general she cooked a lot when she could! 

Getting her own bowl she found a seat across from him and began to eat herself. Making the food had made her very hungry as the smell wafted up to her. Making her want to drool as she finished preparing the meal. But now was the fun part in getting to enjoy it. Pulling out her own chopsticks she began to eat, as she made little happy sounds as she enjoyed it. "It is sooooooo good" she said happily. "Ramen is a family favorite so I made this a lot growing up since it was just dad and I!

He listened to her saying that she was going to be staying here as well and he nodded his head a little. He understood that more than anyone knew. He didn't have any family to go back to. He was just an orphan like most of them here. Some of them have families that loved them but still it was far and in-between. He sighed a little and nodded his head. "If you make some let me know I'd love to come over and eat something. If anything, help out as well. I'm a pretty good cook myself." he mused with a small smile. This was the first time he was having a conversation with someone without them feeling like he was going to scare them to death. And he liked it as well. He grinned a little to himself and shook his head. This was nice and interesting. 

Gael couldn't help but laugh a little as she made a happy sound as she ate her noodles. "That good huh." he mused as he keeps eating them himself. He was shocked that they tasted that good. He hadn't really ventured off to find different foods himself, but he was going to have to sooner or later because he was starting to get a little board of the foods that he was eating now. So, this was a perfect thing. He grinned as he looked around the place and then back at her when she began to talk to him. "Really?" he questioned as he was learning more about her and her family. "I wish I could say something like that." he told her as he slurpped up some of his own noodles. "I didn't have a family to have a favorite thing, I guess I could say that the orphanage was only slop, though when they had the money to make meatloaf, it was pretty amazing."

• Like 1

Dahlia knew one thing about herself that she just loved. It was that she loved to both make food and eat it! Made for a great combination if you asked her. But anyways the thought of making a bunch of food for all those at the camp was one that intrigued her a lot! What she did not expect was that Gael dropped that he was also good at making food. "Ohhhh is that so" a smile grew across her face as she clasped her hands together. "Then you and I should do it, I mean it would be fun you think?" Dahlia grew up mainly eating food from her country but she had grown to like some from here too. 

The food was just as she had imagined it, good and juicy! The flavors were ones that filled her mouth with yumminess. "YUP" she grinned as her head nodded as a giggle then came out. Glad to have a eating partner like Gael made her feel happy as a meal alone was so sad to her. Slurping it up she enjoyed every bit of it! Nodding her head she swallowed before finishing "Oh yes, my dad is a simple man who loves to attend his Bonsai and that is how he met mom" her smile fell a little as it was always hard at this thought. As the Gods did not stay around when it came to their children.  Dahlia listened to Gael as he talked about his time in the orphanage. "Was it hard growing up there? I mean I get if you don't want to say." Her hand went out to touch his arm, her eyes looking at him as to say she understood. 

• Like 1

Gael grinned brightly as he looked at Dahlia and nodded his head. "I am." He chuckled a little and took a bite of his food. He shook his head trying to not grin at the fact that she had offered him up to help cook with her. He slurped up some noodles and whipped his mouth with the back of his hand, because he had forgotten to get himself a napkin. He nodded his head at her question and smiled. "Sure thing." he told her with a smile. "What are you thinking about next time?" He questioned her curiously. It was nice to be able to talk to someone without them wanting to run away from him or stalking him like a crazy little person. He wasn't going to name drop... SAGE. But that was neither here nor there at the moment. 

He stayed eating his noddle's as he listened to what she was talking about. Talking about her father, he didn't know his family at all. They were all murdered save from him which was a lot. He was a Halloween baby; it was the murder that went on forever and that was still unsolved at the moment. He nodded his head like he understood that feelings that he was being told. Her questions soon turned to him and living at the orphanage, and he shrugged a little bit thinking back on the years that he lived there. "I mean, sure, I was always told how I could miss something that I never had. I shouldn't know the feeling, but just knowing that it was taken from him. It was hard sure." he told her with a small shrug. "I'm happier to be here than there now. Even if I'm not that understood here at the moment."

• Like 1

Gael was different than she thought, giving someone the benefit of the doubt was something she was good at. "Well we could do dumplings or buns" her face was full of excitement. Knowing that he wanted to join along with her made her feel happy inside as she had a friend. Soon enough Gael began to talk about what it was like being in an orphanage. Dahlia listened intently to Gael's response, her eyes filled with empathy and understanding. She could sense the weight of his past and the struggles he had faced as a child of phobos. Without saying a word, she reached out and gently squeezed his arm, offering him silent support. She knew that sometimes, the best comfort came from knowing someone was there, willing to listen without judgment. She had felt different herself in the country she now called home. Being from Japan, the ways of life were so different over there compared to her. Being a Demi-God already made you feel like you lived in two different worlds but being from another country made her feel like that was three different worlds.  "Well, I'm glad you're here," Dahlia said softly, her voice filled with sincerity. "You're understood by me, Gael. And I'm sure there are others here who feel the same way. We may all have our own stories and backgrounds, but we're a family here at camp. We look out for each other." She smiled warmly, hoping to convey her genuine care and acceptance. Maybe she could hang out with him more, show the other campers that he isn't someone to run from.

• Like 1

"Oh, dumplings sound great." He told her with some excitement running through him. He loved trying new foods and of course he would 100 percent try dumplings. They sounded good to him. A meat wrapped in a fried dumpling. His mouth was already watering as it was. As they spoke about different things. The way that he talked about being a child of Phobos seemed to make her understand something about him. She ended up touching his arm and he was taken back by the jester. It was nice to have someone feel something for him. Dahlia was someone that he would be able to come back to, to have more chats with. She had ended up telling him that she was glad that he was here, and it shocked him a little. "Really?" he questioned her being a little more vulnerable to her this time. She even told him that they were family here at camp, but for some reason he didn't feel like that at all. He hummed and grabbed some more noodles and ate them. "You're pretty cool, you know." he told her with a small smile after he had swallowed his food. 

• Like 1

A genuine smile spread across Dahlia's face as Gael responded positively to her suggestion of dumplings. It was wonderful to see him excited, and she couldn't help but share in his enthusiasm. "I'm glad you're up for it!" she replied, her eyes bright with anticipation. As Gael began to open up about his experiences, Dahlia listened carefully, her heart going out to him. She could feel the connection forming between them, a bond of understanding that was both unexpected and comforting. When she reached out and gently squeezed his arm, she hoped her gesture conveyed the empathy she felt, reassuring him that he wasn't alone in his struggles. Gael's surprise at her words made Dahlia smile even wider. "Absolutely," she affirmed, her tone sincere and kind. "You're part of this camp now, and we're all in this together. It might take some time, but I believe you'll find your place here." As Gael complimented her, Dahlia blushed slightly, feeling a warmth spread through her chest. "Thank you, Gael," she said, her voice soft but genuinely appreciative. Maybe it was the fact that she had so often gone unnoticed by so many here that she felt forgotten. Even her sister Dawn was off doing something in the real world...making her feel so isolated. "Sooooo Gael what are you going to do for the rest of the day? Maybe we can go out and do whatever training or chores together?" 

• Like 1

Important Information

Terms of Use