bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Meeting Under Moonlight

Loukas Makris

Loukas: 13 years old

As Loukas silently made his way through the woods he wondered if he had put enough distance between himself and the cabins where he would not have to worry about making as much noise. He had only been at camp for a couple weeks and it already seemed like several campers snuck off at night on occasion. Still, he would rather not be caught this early on in his stay at camp. He did not think he would be kicked out, but with nowhere else to go he certainly did not mind being extra cautious. With the coast clear he set off at a light jog, the moon was bright tonight and as it lit the way he felt truly alive for the first time that day.

The first couple weeks acclimating to camp life had been tough, there had been a few campers he suspected would have doubted his demi god status had Hecate not claimed him as her own during the bonfire. For good reason, while the other campers seemed to revel in their gifts, his own were less apparent. He mostly shunned his magic, too afraid he might lose control again and as for any enhanced abilities…well those only seemed their strongest at night. This had always puzzled him but thankfully he preferred the peace that came during nighttime anyways so it never bothered him too much. It was not like he carried to show off to any of the other children anyways.

As the woods broke and the lake came into view he was relieved to see he had gone in the right direction after all. Earlier that day he had noticed a certain tree by the water that was practically begging him to climb up onto its branches. Reaching it he lept up and gripped the first limb, smiling to himself as his enhanced athleticism allowed him to do so with ease. Had he tried that when he found the tree during the day he would likely have missed and fallen on his face; that would have been embarrassing. Halfway up the tree he stopped and shimmied his way to the end of the branch. This afforded him a view that stretched across the lake and field, all beautifully lit up by the moon’s light. With a relaxed sigh he settled into his position and allowed his mind to wander.

@ McKayla Johnson

• Like 1

MK: 14 years old

MK was finally back at camp again for her second summer which she was so happy to be! After finding out everything about her mom last summer, she just felt so different than the other kids back home. They didn't know of this life she was living where monsters could appear at any moment. The only thing she had started to hate was the fact she had a older sister that everyone seemed to compare her too.....KRYSTAL....the perfect nike kid. Yeah yeah she heard it all. MK wanted to make a name for herself here and she hated being compared to Krystal all the time. The two sisters were only a year in age difference but apparently very similar in looks and personality. 

It was the dead of night when MK snuck out of her cabin to find a place where she could practice a bit. If she was going to get stronger or better than her sister. Then she was going to need to sleep less and practice more. It also helped she had made a friend named Dustin in the Ares Cabin who was kind of cute. But he was also super close to Krystal. Why did her sister always have everything????

As she jogged through the forest, everything was still around her as she moved swiftly. The night sort of freaked her out because the dark was sort of scary and the Hecate kids seemed to always be roaming this time of the day. When she saw the lake in sight she stopped close to a bunch of trees where she closed her eyes as she looked around. Making sure no one was in sight she began to practice her punches and kicks. Not making a sound except from the air she was breathing.

Loukas was replaying a conversation in his mind from earlier in the week trying to process through the uncomfortable memory. It was assumed by most of the camp staff that being a child of Hecate he would eagerly pursue the opportunity to learn more about his magic abilities; they were mistaken. Instead he had unintentionally become somewhat of a stubborn student, not on purpose, he just did not want anything to do with magic after it had consumed and destroyed his childhood. Because of that he was uncertain just how he would fit into this group, or even if he would. The only solace he had taken lately was in the few nights where he felt brave enough to sneak out and walk through the surrounding grounds. Here there were no frustrated instructors, no sneering campers, here he could enjoy pushing the limits of his enhanced abilities he coul……What was that!?? he thought to himself as he saw a form take shape below him.

Gripping the branch tightly he leaned forward to see what or who was invading his quiet place. For a brief moment he feared it could be one of his father’s men, or worse, his father himself back from the grave. Oh….it was just some stupid girl, she probably got lost trying to find the meeting place where she would make out with some guy; Loukas knew the reason most campers liked to sneak out at night. Except, upon closer inspection he noticed she was punching and kicking, it actually looked pretty cool. Without really thinking he climbed out closer on the limb to get a better view. *SNAP* The branch that he thought would support his arm broke and fell to the floor beneath right in front of the mysterious girl. “Shit…” he muttered out loud.

Edited by Loukas Makris
  • Like 1

McKayla was happy to have this time to herself as she knew she could only get stronger the more she trained! It was all about a clear mind with a lot of determination....well or so her dad told her as she grew up from a young age. Since her dad was a metaled olympic champion, it sort of set the bar high for her as she trained in Gymnastics. This did not bother her as MK was a very strong willed girl. With every kick and punch she knew it was making her strong, faster and would take her further. It reminded her of a comic she had read once before about captain marvel but she also had super powers.

Just as she did a big kick, there was a crack of a branch which made her turn so fast with a scared look. Was it a monster that had gotten into the camp? She did not have her sword or anything to kill it.......what was going to happen to her? But as her eyes searched in the dark it landed on a boy who was in a tree. Wait a moment she thought to herself. That was the boy who got claimed by hecate just a few weeks ago at the bonfire right?  As she began to walk backwards from him looking terrified she stumbled and fell down "Don't hex me, Please" she said as she threw up her hands, her voice filled with fear.

Any impressions he had made of this young girl instantly obliterated from his mind once the branch broke. In dismay Loukas instinctively jerked his arm forward to try and catch it. Unfortunately, it slipped right through his fingers and that is how McKayla first met him, hiding in a tree hand outstretched toward her. It was no wonder she assumed he would hex her from the way he surely must have looked.

“H..he..hex you?” He asked dumbfounded, he was not the most social child and certainly did not know how to respond to mysterious warrior girls. Come to think of it, he didn’t even know her name. There had been so many kids at the bonfire and he had not exactly gone out of his way to introduce himself to them in the weeks that followed. Was it Maya, Maria, Mckenna? None of those sounded right. This was the worst thing that could have happened to him. The next moment proved that false.

With another even louder SNAP the branch he was straddling over snapped in half; he realized too late that he had shimmied too far. “Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh” was the short surprised scream that served as his response to McKayla. With a thud he ungracefully hit the ground in front of her. Looking up at the girl, still confused but now also embarrassed and red in the face he quickly decided on his best course of action. Bursting up he pivoted and ran away thinking maybe he was lucky and she had not had time to clearly see his face. If so he was surely in the clear, how fast could a girl even run? Not as fast as he could he assumed.

Edited by Loukas Makris
  • Like 1

All she saw was the outstretched hand with the look this boy was giving her. Of course she thought he was going to hex her...I mean the hecate kids creeped her out with their magic and late nights. She should have known that they would be out practicing magic at a time like this. But now she was going to be the end of the magic joke as a bad feeling was coming over her in that moment. Would he turn her into a mouse or maybe even a rat....oh gosh that thought made her so grossed out. Oh she hoped it wasn't a rat with big teeth and the beady eyes. The next words he muttered confused her. Was that a spell or was he confused?

The look on her face went from horrified to shocked as the branch the boy was on broke in half. Her mouth began to gape open was he fell right in front of her "Are you okay?" she asked before she noticed the blush on the kids face. He didn't look as mean as some of the other Hecate campers like asher. That girl was one she wished didn't come to camp....the two did not like each other. The boy who landed in front of her did something she did not expect, he got up and ran. "Heyyyyyy wait up" she called out as she got up herself. Ohhhh if this boy wanted to run then it was a chase he was going to get. 

Nike kids were the fastest out of all the demigod children. As she began to run, the little bit of a lead the boy got did not last for long as she began to really push herself. "I said wait up" she yelled at him as she gained on him little by little in the dead of night. 

Could this night get any worse Loukas thought to himself as he sprinted off, hobbling at first, he should have given himself more time to recover from the fall. He was lucky it did not knock the wind out of him. Thankfully the night was his and he soon picked up the pace into a very fast sprint, leaving the lake behind as he entered the woods. His thoughts raced nearly as fast as his legs did. Why did he run away from her? True, she was kind of frightening the way she cut through the air with her combat moves. Then again, she did seem frightened of him actually, what was it she had said? Something about not hexing her? Like that was even a possibility, he’d sooner have attacked her with his fists than ever use his magic. Now that he thought about it, she had not seemed so scary when he looked up at her, she almost looked concerned. Oh well he thought, it does not matter now because at this point she must be far far behind him…right? He afforded himself a quick glance backwards. Oh no.

Far from falling behind this girl had not only managed to match his pace but it was apparent she was actually catching up to him. Trying to manage his breathing he dug deep and sprinted even faster tapping into the power granted by his mother. No one should be able to match his speed he thought, not at the height of night, yet this girl only seemed to be getting closer. He knew this by the sound of her breathing, matched and even, getting ever closer until he was sure she must be right at his heels ready to pounce at any minute.

• Like 1

Did this kid actually think he could out run HER??????? Like come on, she was a child of nike plus she was one that had been good at competing like all her brothers and sisters. As the boy ran from her, there was some part of her that wanted to know why which was why she gave chase. Hopefully he wouldn't cast a spell on her when she finally caught up with him. As she began to gain on him, pushing herself harder and harder as she saw him get closer. Just when she thought she had a one up on him, he looked back to see her. What she didn't expect was for him to run even more from her. "Heyyyyyyyyyyyy come on, I will get you" she yelled not caring who heard. 

How was a Hecate kid this fast? She thought to herself as she ran through the night. If she could only get a bit closer to him then maybe she could pounce on him to tackle him to the ground. Just like her classes had taught her. She began to push even more, as she felt her heart race in her chest with him just out of reach. Then she did it, jumping through the air like a tiger on its prey. MK wrapped her arms around him waste with a smile on her face "Got you" she said as the two tumbled to the ground. 

Pinning him to the ground she was trying to catch her breathe as " WHY.....WERE.....YOU.....RUNNING?" she got out as she looked at him. Hoping the boy couldn't do wordless magic as she had heard stories of. 

The scenery of the woods flew by him in a blur as he pushed himself to the limits of his speed. Normally he would take some peace in the still beauty of the surrounding nature, but this night was far from normal. Why was this girl so determined to chase him? What did she want? Was she just that stubborn? Whatever fear she seemed to have first had of him was certainly gone, that much was apparent. His breathing was more strained now than it had been at the start, he could tell he was starting to slow down. That’s when he felt a pair of thin but strong arms wrap themselves around his waist as he and the stubborn girl flung to the ground.

Everything was spinning around for Loukas as they tumbled through the woods, thankfully avoiding any trees or stumps that could have done any harm. By the time he could collect his senses she was on top of him holding him down. A grin on her face, she clearly took pride in finally catching him. As she sat on top yelling at him he blurted out the first words that came to his mind. “BECAUSE YOU…WERE….CHASING….ME!!” He knew this response did not make complete sense, he had been the one who ran first but by this point he was so tired from running he did not know what else to say. That is when the realization of the moment fully hit him. This brunette girl who had drawn out his curiosity was now straddling and holding him to the ground. This caused Loukas to begin to blush…hard. Most of the girls he had gotten to know in his first couple weeks were Aphrodite kids and he found them annoying. He could not picture any of those girls running through the woods like this.

Still red in the face he responded again, a bit calmer this time. “I don’t know, you were kicking and punching and I thought….” He trailed off, his mind was a little too distracted by the situation and that made thinking difficult right now. Using his strength he tried to push her off and onto the ground, he was not used to being tackled, let alone tackled by a girl.

[GM rights on if MK is strong enough to keep him pinned]

Edited by Loukas Makris
adding GM rights
  • Like 1

MK was breathing hard as she pinned Loukas down to the ground. Her gaze was piercing him as she questioned why he was running from her. "YOU WERE RUNNING BEFORE I RAN AFTER YOU.....DID YOU HEX ME?" she finished saying as her breathe was becoming more and more steady. Her heart was slowly down but her mind was racing as she was trying to figure out what this kid was up to. He was new to the camp so she knew nothing about him but the fact he was claimed by Hecate. Which was enough to make her suspicion. MK was determined to get to the bottom of this because if he did hex her then she needed to know.  While holding him down she looked into his eyes to see if there was any deceit in it! 

Seeing the boy was now blushing took her aback. "Is there something wrong with my face?" she asked him with a confused look. This was said with so much more worry as this boy seemed to see something she did not. That was when she realized what it might look like to some seeing her on top of a boy and holding him down. OH this was not good. "ummmmm you thought what?" she said blushing herself as she started to let go on him quickly getting up as she wanted to not be on top of him. Brushing herself off she held her finger out at him "Don't RUN away or I will catch you again." Standing back she looked at the boy she was once on top of. He was right at the age 13 years old which was only a year younger than she. 

Yo..your face?” Loukas responded as he tried to unsuccessfully push the girl off of him. “What’s wrong with your face?” That’s when he actually decided to study her face, pausing a moment as his eyes glanced over her. It was kind of a cute face…..oh gosh why did that thought pop up just now! If it was possible to turn even more red he certainly must have. She must have noticed this too as her own face blushed to match his as she lifted herself off of him.

Don’t worry…I don’t think I can…manage to run anymore” he assured her in between taking deep breaths as he stood up. This had been the hardest he must have ever run and he was forced to admit it had been kind of fun, she had pushed him to limits he did not know he was capable of. “Sorry, if I scared you, and for running. I thought I could easily get away before you had even noticed what happened. Also…who are you? No wait, why were you at the lake? Were you following me? More importantly…HOW ARE YOU SO FAST???” Now that he had had a chance to calm down the questions came rolling out. He was very curious about her now and much less embarrassed.

• Haha 1

What kind of game way this boy playing at???? He knew what she meant so why was he acting dumb? "Yes my face, I don't know what is wrong with it. You were holding your hand out like you were casting a spell towards it....like the hecate kid you are" she said sounding annoyed. MK had learned the history of the wars that had happened when she was just a small child and before she was born. So when she didn't trust the hecate cabin it was for good reason!!!!! He was trying to get off the ground from her pinning him but that wasn't going to happen. Not while she had questions to be answered. Well that was until he seemed to actually stare at her face which made his face turn even more red. Freaking out a bit she got off him but made it clear he better not run away again!!!!

As the boy began to apologize, MK face was one of suspicion which turned into confusion as he began to ask all the questions.  Holding up her hand she said "WOAH WOAH WOAH I am the one asking the questions here....not you. But my name is McKayla and I am a child of Nike. The fastest and strongest cabin at camp half blood" she said with a smirk. Then crossing her arms she said "It is none of your business of why I was out here!!! It is a secret and I plan to keep it that way. So if I find out you are telling anyone about this" she pointed her finger "I will find you" her eyes were narrowed as she tried to make her 14 yr old self intimidating. 

"The real question is why are you out here? Isn't past your bed time?

Hey, what’s wrong with Hecate kids?!?” Loukas retorted defensively. It’s not that he had any strong sense of pride for his Cabin, on the contrary his unique partentage had only made life more difficult, but he did not understand the reason for the tone this girl was taking. Was there something untrustworthy or even dangerous about him? He knew the harm his magic could cause so this girl’s fear made sense even if he did not know his own mother’s history.

And I wasn’t casting any hexes on you! I was trying to stop that branch from falling…but I ended up falling instead.” That’s when it hit him. “Hey! You only caught up to me because I was out of breath from falling down. I bet I could beat you in a real race…Nike kid or not.” He smirked, curious now how she would react to that. She seemed like the kind of person who would not back down from a challenge and Loukas was still not ready to admit that a girl could beat him…at least not during the nighttime.

Besides, maybe I’m out here for my own secret reasons…but if you must know I wasn’t trying to spy on you…I…I don’t know how much I actually like being here and sneaking away to the lake at night is the only time I feel normal.” Loukas shocked himself at that statement. Something he had not even acknowledged to himself let alone a stranger he had just met, but something inside him assured him he could trust her.

• Haha 1

A laugh came out of her mouth "What is right with them? I mean first off your mother was a titan so you are more are like Demi-titans than demi-gods. WE ALL KNOW" she said a bit slower "What they did during the war." Her look was one that said DUH on it with her arms crossed. How did this kid not know the cabins history at all??? Did he not talk to his siblings as they would have told him when he arrived....or did they? Plus who knows what they do with their magic as the rest of the demi-gods could not understand or see the things they do. 

Putting her hands on her hips she looked at him with such a look "EXCUSE ME, I can catch you anytime and anywhere if you were challenging me." MK began to purse her lips as she wanted to call this kids bluff. He did not know what or who he was messing with as MK was one of the up and coming golden children of the cabin. If a competition was what he wanted then that was what he was going to get! Being only 14 years old meant she was much smaller than her older siblings but it didn't stop her from pushing to go higher, further and faster than them!!!

Raising an eyebrow at this boy as he spoke, she knew all too well how hard it could be once you get here. "It gets better but you have to give it time....it also helps to make friends. I know for me I felt so awkward when I was placed in my cabin but then I met Dustin and Zoren" she said then putting down her arms and rubbing one. Looking around the place where they were was still a bit aways away from where the cabins here. Feeling as if maybe she been a bit harsh on this boy she sighed "I am McKayla or most call me MK" she said trying to smile at him. She might not trust him just yet but it didn't mean she couldn't try to be nice to him until he proved dangerous of course. 

Looking up at the moon and back at the boy she asked "So I was out here practicing a bit." Pausing she laughed "Everyone always compares me to my sister saying I am the next Krystal but I want to be better and stronger than her........I want to be just MK." 

Loukas’ face dropped a bit as he listened to the girl explain the history of his mother, and by extension, himself and his siblings. “Demi-titian” he said, mostly to himself. Was this why he always felt so dangerous? Was this the reason his powers always felt so unstable? There was still so much he did not know about himself, things he wasn’t even sure he wanted to know. Yet this girl, MK seemed to know quite a lot and she hadn’t run away from him yet.

In fact, he couldn’t help but let a smirk spread over his face now that he saw how to get under her skin a little. His father had a way of reading people to get what he wanted, while Loukas vowed he would never manipulate people in the same way, he had developed the same skill. “Anytime, anywhere huh? I’ll take that challenge!” he grinned. Confident in himself and the athletic skills he worked very hard on, often at the expense of magic practice. That’s when he remembered the unique rule of his abilities. “Well, almost anytime” he corrected himself. “Well…specifically at night time….BUT I did mean anywhere. You name it and I’ll be there!

He was beginning to warm up to this girl, while she seemed fierce it wasn’t in any sort of mean or rude way. In a way, it seemed like she might even be able to relate with what he was going through. “It’s nice to meet you MK…would you…be my friend? I promise not to hex you. At least not tonight” he winked, teasing his new friend.

• Like 1

MK found it weird the boy seemed shocked at her accusation but I mean at least he knew now. Well maybe he did know already and he was pulling her leg??? She would have to be careful around him just in case. Even though he was acting very innocent, maybe it was an angle! Shrugging she watched the boys movements when he challenged her. WELL he would learn his place for sure, she would make sure of it! Her mother was not the goddess of victory for no reason. "Good, then I will show you who will be crowned winner and it won't be YOU" she said with a smirk. The boy on the other hand seemed to say he could only do at night which made perfect sense due to his abilities like magic being stronger then. "Well then 2 nights from now, we meet at the lake at midnight" she knew this was his strongest time but she wanted to show him her speed and strength. 

Trying to be a bit more trusting than she had been, she told him her name. In turn he asked to be her friend????? Welll maybe they could be friends and if he crossed her then she would may sure he would never do it again. "Sure but I need to know your name first" she joked with him as the boy hadn't said his name just yet. He was just another child of hecate to her. 

“Two nights? Deal! I’ll see you there and you better bring your A game ok?” the boy grinned, he enjoyed a good friendly challenge and this girl seemed alright now that he’d gotten to know her a little. Even if he lost it would still be a good race as he felt she could really push him to his absolute limits, but if he won? Oh boy that would be funny to see her reaction as she struck him as the kind of person who hated to lose at anything. He really couldn't see any downsides to this arrangement.

“Oh right! Sorry I guess I did forget to tell you my name, it’s Loukas. I mean I guess you could always just shout out ‘Hey Hecate kid!’ but now you have options.” He joked, feeling a little silly at forgetting to introduce himself. “Well, I don’t think I’ll be getting much more out of this night and you certainly seemed to get your exercise in chasing me. Shall we walk back to camp together?”

And for the first time since arriving at camp Loukas didn’t walk back from his midnight excursions alone. Having made his first friend here he allowed himself some respite, maybe this camp thing wouldn’t be so bad afterall?

Important Information

Terms of Use