bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Docking in the Lake Called LOVE

Sage Roberts

Sage was so nervous as today was the day that Loukas would be picking her up to go on their first date. I mean they had spent time together just the two of them but this was different. Loukas had professed his love for her so everything was different. As she yelled at her older sister Sam for taking too long in the bathroom, everything had to go to plan. She had to have time to do her hair and maybe a little bit of makeup just to look her best. Then she got to the the part where she had to pick an outfit. "SAMMMMMM I NEED YOU HELP" she yelled as she looked at the different outfits. Sage was pacing back and forth as she needed someone to help her decided, normally she wasn't like this but today today was different....yeah yeah we know. 

Luckily her older sister was the best at helping her pick something out for the fall date that would be comfortable but also very cozy in the weather they had. Hugging her older sis she listened to her giving her a lecture on not doing anything she wouldn't do. "I promise we will be good Sam, I mean we haven't even kissed so don't worry about it." She told her as she ran to put on her jeans with rips in it with her beautiful burnt pumpkin color mid length shirt. Looking in the mirror she was satisfied with how it had come all together. Feeling like so much could go wrong, she prayed to the Gods that today would be perfect!

@ Loukas Makris   

Loukas was pacing back and forth in a clearing next to the lake, he had made sure to show up a half hour early in order to set everything up. That was done now and he still had a few minutes to spare before he needed to pick her up. It wasn’t that he was nervous, well maybe he was a little nervous, he really wanted today to feel special and not like it was just another outing between friends. That’s why he had planned this picnic by the lake, picking out all of Sage's favorite foods that he could remember and bringing them out here at a location that was just far enough away to offer them some privacy. Being that it was Autumn it was just cold enough for warmer clothes without being too cold for an outdoor event so Loukas had picked out a black sweater and a nice pair of jeans. Between his choice of clothing and his pacing he didn’t even feel the cold.

As he walked back towards the cabins his thoughts turned back to the events of the last twenty four hours. He had always been a night owl but he had been too excited to even sleep a wink last night after Sage had agreed to this date. He still felt like he needed to pinch himself that any of this was even real. Yawning, he shook his head to wake himself. Between not sleeping and just not being a morning person in general it had been a rough day for staying awake. It was all worth it though as he needed the time to put this all together. Loukas laughed to himself, his feelings for Sage must be real if he was willing to spend his morning getting ready instead of sleeping. Plus he couldn't wait to surprise her with something secret he'd been working on. Well, nervous or not he was as ready as he’d ever be as he walked up to her cabin door and knocked.

Edited by Loukas Makris

Running to the mirror to put her earrings in, they were blue sodalite stone earrings that she got on one of her trips with her dad before he got married. The stone was to represented Logic, intelligence and truth. All of which her mom was for!!! Smiling she was feeling the nerves in her stomach as she looked at the time. Loukas should be there any moment which just made her pace around the cabin. Her half siblings all telling her that it was going to be alright and that they were good for each other. "I know I know it's just different now.....like what if things go wrong and I lose him as a friend too? " That was when the knock came to the door of Cabin 6. "Ohhhhh gosh I hope this goes well" she said to herself as her half siblings pushed her towards the door. 

Opening the door she stood there with all her half siblings standing behind her. Samantha was giving Loukas a stern look as she gave her sister a tight squeeze. "Okay guys you can go away now" she looked embarrassed a bit as she shrugged to Loukas. "Heyy sorry about them" she pointed as the rest of the cabin giggled and talked as they went back to their stuff. Seeing her best friend in front of her she felt it hard to breathe "You look really nice Loukas, ummmmm are you ready for our date?" Saying the word date made the butterflies want to fly out of her into the sky. 

On his way over, as soon as Sage's cabin had come into view, Loukas could feel the jitters building up again. He knew this would probably happen, everything up to this moment had been preparation for the date, now he actually had to go on the date. What if she acted funny or different? What if he did something embarrassing? What if it just felt awkward and different? Approaching the cabin now he paused and shook his head, as if to shake out all the negative thoughts. This was Sage, his closest friend, someone he trusted with secrets he’d never shared with anyone else at camp. He might not be able to make it the perfect date, but as long as she was with him that’s all that would matter, and he knew she would feel the same. “It’s just Sage, it’s just Sage, it’s just Sage” he repeated to himself as he walked up the steps and knocked on the door. And it was Sage, as the door opened revealing his date, Sage and…every other girl in the cabin!!!

Loukas was still grinning with excitement at seeing Sage, but boy did his face turn a bright red at unexpectedly seeing every other half-sibling she had also! “Umm hi Sage! And uh…hi Sage’s sisters?” Wow, Samantha could look really scary when she wanted to, he thought as he felt the older girl’s stare bore into him. Breathing a sigh of relief as Sage shooed off the crowd of onlookers and apologized. “It’s ok” he laughed “And thanks, you look really nice too.” Now that her sisters had left (or maybe it was just that Samantha wasn’t staring at him anymore) Loukas was able to actually see Sage. Watching her stand there for a second he felt all the nerves wash away, she really was stunning. “Yes I am, I’m excited to spend time with you. May I take your hand? We just have to cut through the woods there, it won’t be a long walk” he promised, holding out his hand.

• Like 1

Sage could see it in Loukas's face that seeing all her sisters had ummmmm surprised him! She had known the boy long enough that the expression he was showing was one a bit of embarrassment from all her sisters looking in. "Shoooooooo go away all of you" she said as she turned to her sisters as they had not moved after her first telling of them to go away. It was so like them to do it as they had been nosy to say the least. Happy to hear that he said it was okay made her feel a bit better inside. It wasn't like her nerves was already on edge!!! 

Now that things were about to start she blushed when he asked to have her hand "Ohhhhh.......of course" she laughed a bit like a giddy girl. Placing her own in his this meant that this was really happening and she did not dream it all. Walking out of her cabin she waved goodbye to all her siblings as Sam gave her one more look. Making sage laugh as she turned to walk out towards the woods, hand in hand with Loukas. "Wellllll ummmm" she found herself saying as she was thinking of what to say to Loukas. Why was this so hard? It had never been this hard before!!!! "How was your day so far?" she got out feeling relieved. 

Loukas could not help but breathe a little sigh of relief as he and Sage left the cabin behind them, though he felt like he could still feel Samantha’s eyes boring into the back of his head. Holding Sage's hand helped, and soon enough any thoughts of nosey siblings had left his mind. While this was the second time he’d gotten to hold her hand it still caused his heart to skip a beat with excitement. Between the two of them he was the only one to know where they were heading so he took the lead, guiding her to their date destination.

There was a bit of awkward silence as the two of them walked, Loukas racked his brain trying to think of something interesting to say but felt his mind going blank. Oh no! He thought, this wasn’t a problem he’d ever had before. Usually talking with Sage came very naturally, was he just nervous? Thankfully Sage had managed to come up with something. He talked with her about his day and how busy it had been running around getting everything ready. By then they had cleared the woods and were about to approach the spot by the lake. “Hold on” Loukas paused, smiling he stepped behind Sage “I want this part to be a surprise” as he placed his hands over her eyes. Carefully, he guided her the remaining distance to the site of the picnic. “Ok ready?” removing his hands he revealed their date site. A warm extra large blanket spread out by the lakeside, and an assortment of her favorite foods laid out and ready to be eaten. Loukas had even spread out some wild sunflowers he’d found to decorate it. “Well, what do you think?” he asked with excitement in his voice.

• Like 1

Of course Sage had been dreaming of this moment for such a long time as she was waiting for the day Loukas would notice her. She of course was okay with just staying friends as Loukas was one of the kindest most loyal person she knew!!!! He had been there for her for so long that it would feel wrong not to have him in her life. But now that her dream was coming true, it was scary. What if things went wrong? What if he didn't want to be friends anymore??? So much of this was going through her mind as they walked hand in hand. As she reminded herself that it was all going to be okay. She looked from the view forward to Loukas. Taking in his features, her best friends seemed to be happy at least so that must be a good sign!

Sage was the one that normally the one who would know what to talk about so asking how his day was going. She smiled as her hand rested in his as they walked. She loved hearing about him and laughed from time to time. Loukas had been busy getting this all ready for her which made her heart feel full. He cared so much that he put a lot of thought into this for her!!! "Ohhhhhh a surprise you say" she said laughing as he got behind her, putting his hands over her eyes. She felt herself stumble from time to time but his hands did not move until he stopped her. Feeling her heart race, what had he done? They had been getting close to the lake but where they eating there??? "READY!" she said feeling herself on edge with all the butterflies in her stomach. 

His hands were quickly removed after when she found herself taking in the scene before her. Loukas had set up a date on the dock of the camps lake. There was a blanket with a range of foods with sunflowers spread out across it. "Ohhhh Loukas" she felt herself tearing up as no one cared this much about her before.  Turning she threw her arms around his neck and kissed his cheek. Pulling back she realized what she had done and began to blush really hard. "Thank you Loukas, this is so amazing" then walking towards it all she found herself taking a seat and patting a spot next to her for Loukas to join her! 

Loukas had felt his heart beat skip faster when he ever so carefully placed his hands over her eyes doing his best to guide Sage for the remaining distance. She was a very energetic girl and he had observed countless times when her excitement got the better of her causing her to trip or bump into so many things. Being extra cautious that something like that didn’t happen right now during their date. Still, between the acts of holding her hand and guiding her here, he felt a rush of excitement himself for getting to be so close to her. It felt different but also naturally for him to want to be close like this with her. She had been his close friend for a good while now but he could also feel the swelling of emotions inside himself; he wanted to be more than just her friend.

Her animated shout of “READY” jolted him out of his thoughts, and with the kind of genuine laugh that only she could coax out of him, he removed his hands. He was not sure what sort of reaction to expect from her when he did so, but her teary eyed look of joy told him everything he needed to know; all his hard work had paid off. He wanted her to feel special, to feel like someone else out there in the world deeply cared for her. Which was why it was so important to him to incorporate every little detail just right. “So you like it then? That’s good cause I wa…” this was all he was able to get out before her arms wrapped around and pulled him close into her hug. His cheeks flushed bright red though when he felt her lips quickly plant a kiss on his cheek. “Oh…wow…” he stuttered in a flustered manner. “I’ll take that as a yes then” he said a little sheepishly, still stunned by the unexpected (but very appreciated) kiss.

He sat down next to her, allowing himself to lean close to her as he started to unpack the ready made food he had prepared for them. Making hers first and then his, he poured them both a drink. “To a lovely evening...with a very pretty girl” he said, tipping his glass towards hers in a toast, feeling somewhat emboldened now. “Shall we eat?”

• Like 1

Sage was in a whole new realm with Loukas as they had just been friends for the last 3 years. But now they were on a date and maybe they would end up as boyfriend and girlfriend!!! The thought made her heart race as his hands covered her eyes. All she could hope for was that their relationship only got better over time and would not get worse. Sage would hate for something to go wrong which would cause them to go separate ways. WELL LET'S STOP THINKING THAT!!! Today was going to be great she told herself as she got to see everything Loukas worked so hard on.

Sage had never felt so special in her life than she did in this moment. Loukas had gone above and beyond in showing her how much she mattered to him. As she turned to hug him she was speechless for once in her life. All she could do to show him was to hug and kiss his cheek. Nodding her head she was trying to stop herself from crying too much as it might make him feel weirded out. 

But quickly she sat down to take in the spread of all he had done for the two of them. Loukas sat down next to her as he began to unpack all the things. Finding herself blushing when he gave a toast to her. "TO US" she got out as she was still having a bit of a hard time trying to think of what to say! "Yes please, so what did you pack? Did you make it or a demeter camper help?" Sage knew one thing and that was that Demeter kids were great at making food as they were attuned with the earth quite well!!! Her eyes were going over all the things as she picked up one of the sunflowers. Smiling to herself she felt so happy in this moment that she hoped it would not go so quickly!

Loukas carefully assembled the various non descriptive foods for them just enjoying all the attention he was getting from Sage. It wasn’t like he had never received attention from her before, she had practically glued herself to him from the moment she’d come to camp. This time though it just felt different and he knew he never wanted it to end. “Well…I tried making it just myself the first time” he admitted sheepishly “butttttttt I don’t think it was acceptable for human consumption. So I swallowed my pride and asked one of the Demeter kids for help. They already owed me a favor so I figured this was a good time to cash in.

He watched her as she looked at all the sunflowers he had scrambled together. This wasn’t the first time he’d made her smile before but after today it felt like his own personal mission to make every day extra special for this girl. As they ate they talked about all sorts of things from their studies to the drama going on with other campers. Loukas was relieved to find that even though this was a date it hadn’t hindered their ability to talk with each other; it all felt very natural as if it was meant to be all along. As the meal was winding down Loukas suddenly remembered the surprise he had for her.

Soooooooo you know how you encouraged me to practice with Shadow? Well as you know it’s been going pretty well and I’ve been working really hard on it. In fact, I’ve been practicing this one thing in particular.” Taking Sage's hand he opened it up in front of him, then taking a deep breath he channeled the mist like Shadow had taught him. Using the sunflowers around them as references he used the mist to form a giant sunflower in Sage's hand. Being that it was evening and not night time it wasn’t a perfect flower, looking a little wispy but still solid enough that Sage could hold it. “Well what do you think?” Loukas asked grinning.

• Like 1

Sage was watching Loukas assemble their food which all looked very good. He began to talk about how he tried making it the first time but well it didn't go so well. Laughing she covered her mouth as she could totally see him trying so hard. "Well thank you for trying...it means a lot" this was a very true statement as  she knew Loukas's heart was in the right place. "The demeter kids always make the best food anyways so smart thinking going to them" her smiled never faded from her face as she tilted her head "But if you do ever want to work on those skills, just ask and we can make a date out of it in the big house". This statement was said so fast that she didn't realize she was asking him on another date but when it caught up with her. The blush on her cheeks was for real! Placing her hand there to cool her cheeks down she laughed a little.

As time passed, the two began to feel more and more comfortable with each other. It was nice to finally feel like they use to when they spent countless hours with each other. Eating and talking about all sorts of things in the camp. She had heard of two of the older campers getting a little naughty down by the lake after the summer party. They had skinny dipped among other things. Would her and Loukas ever be that way? Sage was starting to feel a bit full which was nice as the food was so good. It had been a while since she had a meal like this!

Sage was just having the best time when Loukas seemed to be excited about something so she listened. When the name Shadow was said thou, a frown happened on her face as she still was not over what he did to her. There hadn't been a good time to tell Loukas this but it seems the two of them had been doing magic together. She tried to change the look on her face as to not make him think he did anything bad. Seeing him take her hand she watched as he made a huge sunflower in it. "OH wow that is great Loukas....this is so big for you" the thought of telling him about Shadow was fleeing from her mind as she was so happy for Loukas. "Keep this up and you will master it in no time, I just know it!

Seeing Sage blush, Loukas couldn’t help but press in teasingly “Ohhh really now? Personal cooking lessons from acclaimed super chef Sage Roberts? That does sound romantic” he laughed. “Well I must be doing something right if I’m already getting asked on a second date when the first one isn’t even over!” As the date had gone on Loukas was feeling more and more comfortable around Sage and his relaxed personality was coming out again. It was an enthralling experience, taking a friendship and adding something more to it. Now that the metaphorical ice had been broken he found himself greatly enjoying her company. Placing his arm around her as they finished up eating and talking while watching the sun start to set across the horizon.

While trading camp gossip, it was Loukas’ turn to blush a little when Sage mentioned the rumor of two campers skinny dipping. An intrusive thought slipped in his mind as he wondered what that experience would be like with Sage. It felt strange at first because he’d always thought of her as a friend, but as they’d been growing closer he couldn't help but be a little curious. Snapping out of the fantasy he continued to listen intently, sharing his own stories. “Did you hear? Supposedly your sister Samantha went to Killian’s Christmas party. I have a hard time picturing that though so maybe it’s just a rumor.

It was when the food was gone and the conversation died down that Loukas presented his surprise sunflower. He had been so nervous about it at first. It wasn’t difficult to create when it was late at night but during the day it was a challenge. That’s why Loukas had waited until near the end of the date when the sun was setting before he attempted. When he saw Sage's excited smile though his confidence swelled and the creation process went pretty well. Seeing her delighted smile made all the hard day’s preparation completely worth it. Loukas couldn’t help but take in the sight of this girl, sunflower in hard, bathed in the setting sun’s light. “You’re beautiful.” he said softly, then realizing he had suddenly said that outloud! Embarrassed at first then realizing that’s how he felt and it was true so he repeated it more confidently, his face not too far from hers now, “Absolutely beautiful..”

[gm rights if Sage wants to move in for a kiss]

• Like 1

Loukas knew Sage very well since they had spent so much time together for the past three-ish years at camp. With both of them being year around campers it made it sort of easy to get to know each other on a level that many did not get to. He teased her a bit, which only made her blush even harder. Pushing him away a bit she couldn't help but say it "STOP LOUKAS" in a playful manner. Both of her hands were on her face as she looked away trying to get herself to stop blushing. He had this effect on her that no one else did. Then turning back at him she pointed a finger "I mean we could not have another date, you keep acting like that!" Of course she was joking but nonetheless she wanted him to know she could pick and play too. 

With Sage always wanting to know the latest scoop, it was easy for her to know all the gossip that was circling the camp. Most of course had to do with who was with who as a camp full of unwatched teens was known to have some drama! "Yeah I did which was shocking.....She even stayed out late that night which meant she not only went but stayed at the party as well" her eyes were so big as well! Sage had stayed up that night doing some writing on the latest thing with Shadow...ughhhh how he burned her buttons!!!!! That man was a trouble maker, she could just feel it in her bones! Well anyways she was up writing when the cabin door opened super quietly which was always suspicious. At first she thought it was an Aphrodite campers coming to prank or even Shadow out to get more revenge!!!! So Sage grabbed a book an walked over to the door slowly as to not let them know it was her when they walked in. This made Sage almost swing the book when she noticed it was just Samantha. 

Sage was so proud of Loukas as she knew he had been working so hard on his magic. It wasn't easy for him either with his past!!! Sage had learned all about it when they got close. With the late nights she stayed up with him she always wondered why he did not do magic like the others in his cabin when he told her about his family. So for him to take this step was HUGEEEEE!!! Smiling at him as she turned to look at the setting sun was so beautiful.....the colors and memories she had made. All made for such a lovely evening! But just then Loukas had said something which made her heart skip a beat "What?" She said turning towards him. But he then got even closer and said it again. The feeling she had inside was one of complete happiness as she always dreamed of this happening. But now it was......as he leaned in towards her she felt herself doing the same to him as her eyes closed and their lips touched!

Loukas had probably run through a thousand different scenarios in his head of how their date could have gone; being a nervous teenager most of them didn’t end well. So as the date was nearing its end he had a surprisingly high amount of confidence in himself. As he thought about it he realized it was also just Sage in general which boosted his self-esteem. She believed in him when few others did, she was the reason he had even attempted to learn magic. This was a girl he wanted to spend his time with both emotionally, and now he was realizing, physically. Feeling a little silly that it had taken this long to realize his feelings were more than those for a friend. Thank the gods no one else had tried to woo her, the thought of that happening made his stomach churn.

Did she feel the same though? True, she was enjoying the date but maybe this was just a one time thing for her or maybe she didn’t know Loukas’ intention of wanting to be more than friends. Well he would just have to be true to himself and trust that it would happen when it was meant to be. Well, Sage was here with him now and he was going to enjoy every moment this lasted. When he leaned in to kiss her he was delighted to see she reciprocated. Closing his eyes too, their lips met and a spark ignited between the two friends. Loukas always imagined he’d be super nervous for his first kiss, but all feelings of anxiety left him replaced by a rushing warmth of excitement. Her lips were warm, inviting, and formed nicely against his own. Without even realizing it had, his hand moved to cup her face gently holding her to the kiss. Seconds felt like they lasted forever as he allowed himself to slip into the blissful pleasure of the kiss. Wondering if he should deepen the kiss or would she find that too much? He’d allow her to set the pace.

Sage did not know what to expect in the slightest as this was her first kiss ever! But when their lips met it was as if her heart had never been happier. His lips on hers made for her body to want to do things that she had never wanted to do before. It was as if she could not get enough of his lips on her own. So this was more of a makeout session than of just a kiss, but she wasn't complaining. Loukas was her best friend and hopefully soon boyfriend. There was no one she ever felt this happy with. He made her feel seen and safe, but also brought so much laughter in her life. The warmth of his lips of hers only got better as he kissed him deeper. This girl knew what she wanted! Sorry Samantha, this time she was happy to not follow her sisters advice as she broke off from the kiss. 

Sage looked at Loukas with such loving eyes as she bite her lip. "Wow Loukas" she giggled as she blushed.  But soon after, it was getting dark so they began to pack up stuff when Sage got the courage "So you and I, date night tomorrow for dinner........okay" she looked at him longingly. As they walked back towards the cabins where all her sisters would stay up with her as she recounted the story of their first date and how they had a second one tomorrow. Samantha wasn't the happiest to hear she kissed Loukas but Sage could live with that!

[[end]]

Important Information

Terms of Use