bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Tis the Season to be Jolly

Sage Roberts

Sage being a camper who stayed a lot through the year was always trying to find a new reason to decorate and have a good time. It was hard enough not being home all the time. So saving some of her money from different jobs she would do through out the year. Sage had gotten a tree for the cabin with some decorations. Leaving notes for Katie, Luana and Samantha to join her in the afternoon on a December day. They would be having some hot chocolate, putting up stringed popcorn strands , and decorating a tree for the season. 

Getting all the things together she felt so excited to be with her sisters over the break. Some of the campers had come back for a little bit which was nice to have them around. Singing to herself, Sage was dancing around the cabin to the sounds of holiday music.

@ Samantha Adams  @ Katie Rose  @ Luana Cardoso

• Like 1

Samantha smiled to herself as she re-read Sage’s note, easily picking up her younger sister’s energetic vibe from the handwriting. She’d learned over time that Sage, being a year-round camper, particularly looked forward to the holidays as a time to make memories with her friends. This was one of many reasons that Samantha had lately started staying at camp through the holidays. It meant a lot to her younger sibling and while she missed her dad she had plenty of opportunities to see him throughout the year, opportunities Sage did not have. It was important to her to be here for her camp family. Being one of the older students she saw it as her responsibility to provide whatever her sisters needed. Plus, who wouldn’t have fun decorating a cabin she thought.

Walking into the room she was amazed at how many supplies Sage had already managed to acquire and set up on her own. “Wow Sage, this is incredible! Though I suppose I shouldn’t suspect any less from you” she grinned walking over to give the younger girl a tight hug. “So who else is coming? What should we get started on?” she asked, looking around at everything laid out in front of her.

• Like 2

Katie had been doing fine in her classes at Camp, and she had met most of the other cabins. She had bidded goodbye with her older half sibling and made them promised to come back sometime. She had read the note that Sage gave her and Sam to help on the decorations at their cabin. She smiled at it as she had planned to stay at camp over the holidays. She then headed to the library in the morning before going back to the cabin. ”Heya, need some help ?” Sage and the other older sibling were there already. She looked around the decoration stocks that her half sibling had prepared thinking which to put first.

• Like 1

Sage was having a good time even if it was just herself!!! Soon the cabin would be filled with more campers as those who traveled back for the Holidays would be here soon. Man what would their faces be like when they saw all the decorations they had put up!!!! Oh how she could not wait for it to happen. In her own thoughts she did not even hear her sister Samantha coming into the cabin! "Oh Samantha you are here" she said turning at once as she was smiling ear from ear! Sage knew most of her siblings had families to go home too but some came back to be with her. It was so special to her that they would do that, that she wanted to make the cabin extra special for them. Hugging her felt so good as tears came to her eyes...it had been some time since she had company in her cabin after all! "I think Katie should be here soon and maybe Ryan" her voice was full of excitement. 

The two of them were studying the supplies of things when Katie asked if they needed some help "Of course we do" she said beaming!! Sage was in her element as she was ready for this fun to begin. "What do you want to start with?" Sage's gaze went from Samantha to Katie. "We can do the popcorn stands or decorate the tree" she pointed at the massive tree she had gotten from a farm outside of camp. 

• Like 1

Samantha was excited to see Katie join them as well, waving to her younger sister when she saw her enter the room. She couldn't help but grin as she listened to Sage excitedly explain about the different decorations she had assembled for them. It was clear that Sage was really looking forward to this time that they would all get to share together and her enthusiasm was contagious.

"I can go ahead and get started on the popcorn strands?" Samantha volunteered reaching out and picking up a string and a handful of popcorn she began to lace them through. "So, anything new with the two of you this holiday season?" she asked while working on the decoration. Being a a good older sister she wanted to check in with her siblings and see how they had been lately as she always enjoyed hearing about what was going on in their lives.

• Like 2

Katie was having a good time to get to know more of her half sisters. As her half brother is leaving soon for his adult life, she was looking forward to be closer to the rest of the cabin and also the other cabins as well. She smiled at them both, deciding between popcorn strands or the tree. ”Hmm I'll start with the tree to save time for everything. ” She then turned to display the hanging ornaments one by one on the ground before taking them up to the tree. She answered when Sam asked them how had their holiday been these days. ”Oh nothing much, just hanging around the camp for me. ” Since she was still new she wanted to spend more time with her half siblings.

• Like 1

Sage loved being around his siblings as they were the only family she had that cared to be around her. "Thanks Samantha that would be great" she said as the room was filled with the music as Sage turned it up a bit as they would all enjoy the music while having fun. Nodding her head at Katie she joined her. Going off to the closet she found the big box that was filled with Ornaments. Lugging it into the room she smiled under strain as she put it down in front of her and katie. "Here we go" she wiped her forehead with a laugh. "These are ornaments that have been used for centuries in the Athena Cabin" her eyes sparkled as it was a tradition that she hoped to always do! 

It was sweet to hear Samantha ask them about what was going on in their lives. Katie said she was staying around camp. Nodding as she bent down to the box she opened it to have so many owl and book ornaments that made her smile. "Well I am doing a bit of research on some of the minor demi-gods who don't have cabins. They are fascinating you know.....take that Gael for instance...he is just strange but how he creates fear is terrifying" she said blushing a bit as she placed an owl on the tree. Turning towards Katie she asked her "Soo do you want to do all Owls or should we mix it up?" 

Wondering what Samantha's life was like being a Senator's daughter and all. "SO Samantha what about you? What have you been up to?" 

• Like 1

"Hmmm" Samantha crooked an eyebrow at Sage mentioning Gael. She'd have to keep an extra eye out on her little sister if she was hanging out with the likes of him. Gael had been known to hangout with Theo, another camp troublemaker. She'd even heard a rumor once that Gael, Theo and another camper had engaged in some...unseemly deviant behavior together. Well, they wouldn't corrupt her little Sage like that!

"Well it's nice to see the both of you enjoying your time and keeping busy. As the saying goes, idle hands are the devil's workshop!" As she worked getting the popcorn strands just right, grabbing a chair she stood on it in order to reach the top of the wall. "Me? I've mostly stayed here this year, parties in DC become a bore after awhile. At least the ones I'm expected to attend. I got permission from father this year to skip out. He's telling everyone I'm taking a holiday in Greece so I won't be too badly missed. Of course, the price is I can't easily slip out of camp without being extra carful to cover my tracks."

Finishing one wall she stepped down and started to move the chair to the other side. "Katie the tree is looking just lovely!" she chimed in as she passed her other sister.

• Like 2

Katie smiled when Sage mentioned that the ornaments came from centuries that belonged here. Wow, that would be like ages ago when they used the same cabin and tree too. She started aligning them then went on hanging them on the tree one by one, carefully as to not destroy the other teeny and wittle ornaments. ”Hmmm, let’s mix it up? She replied Sage’s question, and nodding over at Sam when she mentioned about staying here as well. Smiling at Sam, she was satisfied with the decoration coming. She heard about minor gods along the way. ”Hmmm are the minor gods mortal by the way?” She didn’t know much about them but they come from god parents like they do, just that they don’t quite come into the big picture. She took one of the Angel ornaments next.

• Like 2

Sage was one to always listen to Samantha as she was older and wiser than she. Nodding her head when she talked about being busy she smiled. Even if Sage was tired, she didn't really see herself ever see herself slowing down at any point.....that was when the dark thoughts slipped in. Thoughts about her dad and the hurtful words he said or even her fears. It was smarter to stay busy than to let those thoughts creep in......

Listening to her older sister she was amazed at the life she got to live, her dad being a senator and all. Made for a life of parties and meetings she wondered was any fun. But with Sam saying it was a bore it got her to turn her head. "Don't you ever meet anyone famous or cool when you go?" It was an honest question she had never gotten to ask her sister.  

Looking at Katie she beamed when she asked to mix it up "Sounds like a good plan" she giggled as she began mix it up as Katie suggested. The tree was going to look amazing she just knew it. But next came a question from Katie she cocked her head at "What do you mean, like the minor God parents??? If so they are like our mom in the way they are immortal.....like Phobos is the child of Ares and Aphrodite...is that what you were asking?" she asked her younger sister. Sage knew she did not know everything plus she could have misunderstood her all together.

Mixing it up on the tree it was starting to look very nice indeed!

• Like 2

Samantha paused her decorating to consider Sage's question. "Hmmmm not as many as you might think, most of them turn out to be incredibly boring politician type people. A few famous people drop in for different charities or dinners that come up. I might Logan Lerman once a few years ago, he was a bit of a disappointment though to be honest. Oh! I did shake hands with John Legend once, it was a very short interaction though." As she went on she continued working on her decorating until she had finished hanging up the strings of popcorn around the walls of the cabin. "There! What do you all think? Does it look festive enough?" she asked Katie, admiring the work her other two sisters were focussed in on. Picking up a few of the remaining ornaments she began helping them, filling in any bare spots on the tree. "As far as I know they're as immortal as the rest, and their kids just like us. Or did we misunderstand your question?"

• Like 2

Katie was glad that they were picking things up and setting the deco really nice and smooth. They were after all Athena kids, really good with strategy and really applying it in the current activity. She hoped they were also going to set up the big Christmas tree at the grounds this year too.  She was also listening to what Sam mentioned about her meeting some famous celebs. She was quite familiar with their names. “ Wow that looks incredible Sam! They do look blended with the tree haha.” She glanced at the popcorn strands around the cabin as Sam was done with the popcorn strands. Colours were complementing each other as well. She nodded at both Sage and Sam, glad that they understood what she asked just now. “ Yess…I see. So it’s just the abilities that they differ from the major ones then?” She thought minor gods could probably have lesser lifespan than the major ones. She smiled at the decorations they were halfway through, almost done, fitting along the lines of the tree one by one with trees, pines, owls, frogs, ducks, etc. of various ornaments they had. Well, Athenas have a good job storing all the ornaments in good condition. Katie looked over at the leftover decorations and the three hot cocoa mugs. “Hmm what else do we have left besides ornaments and the strands?” 

Edited by Katie Rose
  • Like 2

Sage loved being around her siblings, they were all so different but yet so much alike in the same sense. I mean Samantha was a daughter of a fluental Politician who wined and dined with the rich. Then there was Katie who came from a family that knew about camp half-blood. Then there was her, whose father was a museum curator. Sage had gotten to travel the world as a child seeing all sorts of things when her dad married. Then it all changed for her. Camp had become home as she was told she was never wanted in the first place. 

So as they all decorated and talked, it reminded her that she was loved by her family. Sam didn't have to come back from her dad's place to camp for christmas to see her siblings but she did. Then the same went for Katie. Sage was a year around camper which meant the only place she had was camp. "Wow John Legend....that is so cool" she said looking at Katie then back to Samantha. But then she looked at what Samantha had been doing which honestly looked amazing. "That is perfect, the others will be so surprised" she said with a big grin. 

Sage listened to Samantha who also answered the question as well. Wondering if they were still even in the ballpark. Katie then nodded to ask a bit more. "The major gods or the Olympians are the ones that sit on the counsel and they are either children or grandchildren of Cronus. All gods who do not sit on the council are minor gods." This was the best way she felt like made sense to her at least. Hoping this made a bit more sense to her younger sister she hoped she would alway ask if she had any questions. That was when she asked about what else they had. "Wait here" she said as she skipped to the closet once again pulling out a heavy box full of random things for the cabin. "HERE" she said after lifting it to them in the middle of the room. Opening the box there was all sorts of stockings and decorations for the cabin. 

• Like 2

Samantha laughed at Sage's enthusiasm as her younger sister ran off, no doubt to probably return with more decorations. By the time they would finish this would most certainly be the most festive location in camp. "So Katie, any plans on things you hope to accomplish for the upcoming New Year?" she asked as they both waited for Sage to return. Being daughters of Athena, it wasn't uncommon for their cabin to always be planning ahead. Samantha was particularly guilty of always having a road map for the various goals she planned on tackling in her life. While she tried not to pry too much into her sibling's lives she was always curious what interests they were pursuing.

It didn't take long before Sage returned with a box that looked as almost a big as she was. Samantha was about to ask if she needed help but stopped herself, Sage had an amusing stubbornness about her and probably wanted to bring it in on her own. Sifting through the box Samantha settled on grabbing an armful of Christmas stocking and took them over to the fireplace to begin hanging them up. "Where do you suspect they get these decorations from? Maybe they just accumulate over the years?" She had a hard time picturing the camp director caring enough to go out and purchase them himself. 

• Like 1

Katie was certainly doing her best in the decorations. She was also thinking whether they were doing enough for the cabin. She really like to be a part of something for the cabins, and all the events included. Aye, the Athenas are somehow competitive in a way, much like Ares children. "I see….that explains much hmm, I hope the minor gods don’t mind that though haha" She wondered if the minor gods ever wanted a place at the counsel, perhaps to give an idea or a speech for their godly line and so. She returned Sam’s question next. "Hmm for me…I’d like learn swimming and be good at it haha. Just to be good at both studies and sports." Well she’d want to be better at her skills being an Athena. She waited for Sage to be back with a box of decorations and stockings in it. "Seems like Athenas are good at storing valuable stuff." She grinned and began taking out the other decorations like the candies and lighting, while Sam settled with the stockings.

Sage was thankful for her sisters coming back to camp for her. It showed how much they loved her which meant a lot to her. Sage beamed with pride at the compliment about their storage skills. "Well, knowledge is power, and organization is key, I think this goes back for many many years" she said with a small smirk. She then proceeded to grab a handful of tinsel and started to drape it around the doorframe. As she worked, she couldn't help but overhear Samantha and Katie's conversation about New Year's resolutions. She had never really thought about setting goals for herself in that way, but maybe it wasn't a bad idea.

"Hmm, well, I suppose if I had to pick something, it would be to read more books on topics of journalism...or investigation work." Sage said, mulling over the idea then laughing . "I can always learn new stuff even if reading is hard." The thought of getting new information on those at camp and then using it for good made her smile. As she finished up hanging the tinsel, Sage noticed a few empty spots on the wall that could use some more decorations. She remembered seeing some glittery snowflakes in the box and went to retrieve them and put them up. Looking around the room it was very festive now. "You know I feel the cabin is almost done. What do you think? Maybe we can go get from lunch?

[[go ahead and make last posts...ending this rp]]

• Like 1

Katie nodded in agreement with Sage, she knew how knowledge affects us in many ways and always useful in our lives. And then they were talking about their New Years resolution, while she talked about hers first. And then she listened to Sage’s ones and thought they were as interesting as the topic was. She was good at reading but journalism seemed tough even for people for read a lot like novels. Making opinions and ideas about any topics that just came out of nowhere wasn’t an easy work. "Im sure you’re gonna ace it Sage." She smiled at her sister assuring her that it will come true at the end of the year. She was hoping she could fulfil hers too. She looked around as well as they were quite done with the decorations for the holiday. "Yeah let’s a get a break, and food! Ah I wonder what they’re serving today…."

• Like 1

Important Information

Terms of Use