bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Shooting Practice on a December Day

Dahlia Wakabayashi

Dahlia was trying to get better and better as she practiced her shooting in the archery range. It was christmas break so she had asked her dad if she could come back to camp for a bit of fun. He said yes but he wanted her back for a little bit. Nodding her was off to camp where she checked in, got her bunk in the Demeter Cabin before she rushed off to to range. It had been helping a bit with the monsters that had tried to attack her on her dads farm. As she rushed to the range she saw several other campers she waved to before she checked out a bow and some arrows. 

Camp had such the best weather she thought to herself as she was in her camp t-shirt and shorts. Pulling her hair back in a ponytail she smirked as she grabbed an arrow as she stretched it against the bow. Doing all the things that Elijah told her to do! Of course the Apollo cabin was the best at archery but she was going to do her best practicing!!!

@ Rebecca Jones

• Like 1

Rebecca har decided to spend the December holidays at Camp. She had informed her adopted family about it and they were really glad that she was having fun here with her half siblings and the other demigods. She had spent most of her time meeting new people and so she had spoke less with her family now. So she planned to be back home next year if she could. She had explored so many places including the beach, today she was around the grounds as many other demigods were. Since it was near Christmas, some of the cabin hi ins were busy decorating the camp. Though she wanted to spend some time for dorm practice, maybe some music she recently had been practicing as she hoped to use it the next time if anyone needed healing. She walked near the archery area as she was used to hanging around there with her half siblings. She watched as some other cabins were there as well. Particularly towards a Demeter child who was practicing on the bow, and spoke her thoughts out. ”Not bad…”

• Like 1

Dahlia was imagining the hellhounds that had come to attack her on the farm. Letting go of each arrow as it hit the targets in front of her. SHE WILL GET BETTER. Dahlia thought to herself as felt the string against her fingers. But right after she shot the arrow she heard a voice say something which she turned to see who it was. Since there was so many demi-gods at camp, Dahlia did not know all of them but this girl was in the Apollo Cabin for sure. She had seen her around with Elijah her older half-brother. "Ohhhh thanks" she said a bit shyly as she blushed. "I am ummmmm called Dahlia, what is your name?" She got out but it was not very loud as she was not used to talking to the other cabins very much. She of course knew Elijah but that was because he was helping with instructing. Then she had met Tristian in the woods not too long ago. But they did not talk much anymore which made her sad. "Ummm do you want to have a bit of a fun competition?" This was silly to do with a child of Apollo but it could be a bit of fun!

• Like 1

Rebecca was watching the other demigods plucking the arrow into the bow and shooting carefully at the field while looking at one particularly. The demeter child seemed to have heard her spoken her thoughts out, so she smiled lightly at her. It was rare to see other demigods doing well in this area that the Apollos were born for. ”Dahlia hi, I'm Rebecca, nice to meet you.” She looked at the familiar face she could recall maybe from the classes, though she looked older than her. Her eyes started to brighten as soon as Dahlia suggested that they have a little competition. She was quite active herself so she wouldn't want to miss any time in archery. ”Sure! You ready? Haha...” She was better in music than archery but she had also been practicing herself. She picked a bow and arrow and readied herself in the shooting position, waiting for Dahlia.

• Like 1

Dahlia was one excited to meet anyone new as she found it fun and exciting. Plus she wanted to make sure she knew others that were not in her own cabin. "It is good to meet you Rebecca" she giggled to show how happy she was. "Of course I am " she said as her giggle turned into a smirk. "I might be a child of apollo but I have been practicing a lot with Eli and feel this is my own way of getting better." This was so true for her as you don't want to ask someone who is so so at a thing to compete with. Might as well as those who are the best so you have a challenge in front of you! Dahlia had been worried about her dad and the farm which is why she took up archery in the first place. It was one of the easiest ways for her to kill monsters that came attacking their farm. "Okay so we did shoot three arrows each at our targets and whoever gets closer to the bullseye for all three wins....okay?" 

• Like 1

Rebecca looked around seeing that there wasn’t many people there so she had plenty of space to show her skills. She was used to solo training but she would love to see what the Demeter child could give. She was excited indeed. She looked at Dahlia curiously at what she said. ”Child of Apollo…you are too?” This was rare to see. She beamed at what she said next to shoot three arrows. She was always prepared. “Sure I can do that. She readied her bow but she waited for Dahlia to take he first shot first.

• Like 1

Sometimes in moment where a slip of tongue happens, you say things that make no sense. Like that she was a child of Apollo which she was not. "Ohhhhhh noooo" she blushed as she covered her face "I meant to say I am a child of demeter and not a child of Apollo" she said putting her hands back down. But the girl was quick to move onto the game which was going to be a lot of fun. She had not had a lot of practice like most the apollo kids had but it was enough for her to have a little fun with this. "Okay I will go first then" she said picking her bow up as she then held it, pulling the string back as she touched her lip with the finger. Taking in one deep breathe she thought of the day when Elijah came behind her and held her as she shot. Then opening her eyes she let go of the arrow as it shot towards the target in front of her.  Hitting the bullseye in the row just above the bullseye. "WOW that was good" she said excitedly as she looked towards her friend. 

• Like 1

Rebecca laughed a bit as she mistaken Dahlia for an apollo child. She was indeed focused on the game that she went for preparation. She waited for her as she readied her bow like it was her thing. She was amazed at the others who weren’t Apollo children were doing well at the stations today. She was surprised when the Demeter child hit the bullseye on her first attempt. Wow…. ”Not bad.” She smiled at Dahlia as an encouragement to her next few shots. Good thing she wasn’t competitive as the Nike child. She went on for her turn. Steadily she raised her bow and pulled the string flexibly. The arrow went straight for its direction and hit at just the tip of the bullseye.

• Like 1

Dahlia could see Rebecca laugh at her mistake which was good, at least she didn't get mad or something! "Thanks" she said blushing, "I worked a lot with Elijah the last two years so I can do well from time to time." Dahlia watched as the girl set herself up for her shot. It was amazing to her how they were so natural about it all. I mean she had to think about every little detail from her arm to where her fingers were to just get it right. But watching Rebecca it was as if this was as natural as breathing for her. "Wow that was so good Rebecca" she clapped her hands with a huge smile. Dahlia wondered if there was a child of Apollo that wasn't good at Archery????? I mean almost all her siblings were amazing with plants and such so maybe it was the same with archery for them. 

Getting ready for her next shot she tried to focus but it was a bit harder. Breathing in she tried to let out a slow breath but just before letting it go she saw someone darting across the targets in front of them. So trying to move as fast as she could not to hit them it raced towards the target "WATCH OUT" she called to the Satyr who seemed shocked but dived out of the way just in time when the arrow hit the outer ring. Slapping her hand to her head she looked scared "That was a close one....are you okay?" she called out to the satyr. 

• Like 1

Rebecca nodded and smiled, and also at the mention of Elijah where he helped Dahlia. That was very good since they were helping each other out no matter the cabins. Awhile later she was already on her feet and arms to set her first arrow. She would’ve seem very relaxed for her turn as she had enough practice since young and also how their blood just made them natural at that. And she really liked the skill. "Thanks! We do practice all the time so the skills get better each day too haha." It was true and she and her half siblings often do practices whenever they can like a routine. Or probably like an ability routine, like you do that again and again, repeatedly, and loving to do that without getting tired. She wondered if Dahlia also had this kind of ability or talent. And the next turn she watched Dahlia again for her shooting. Just when she made the shot, the arrow unexpectedly went towards a satyr who was passing by. Uh oh… Floop! The arrow went just right to the target but further away from the centre. Luckily the satyr wasn’t shot. Dahlia asked if the satyr was okay and Rebecca was concerned too. She would use her powers if needed. "Uh oh, is he okay? " She asked Dahlia but she was also turning towards the direction as the satyr was quite far from them.

• Like 1

Dahlia's heart raced as she watched the satyr quickly recover from the near miss. She felt a wave of relief wash over her, grateful that she hadn't caused any harm. "Phew, I'm glad you're okay!" she called out to the satyr, her voice filled with genuine concern. She couldn't help but feel a bit shaken by the incident, realizing how important it was to always be mindful of her surroundings during archery practice. "He says he is okay" her voice was shaky when she spoke to Rebecca knowing that she would be able to heal him if he had been hurt. Didn't Satyrs also know healing songs and such? Dahlia's mind buzzed with curiosity about satyrs as she resumed her archery practice with Rebecca. She had always found satyrs fascinating, with their goat legs and mischievous nature. Seeing one up close reminded her of the countless stories she had heard about their adventures and encounters with demigods. She wondered what it must be like to be a satyr, constantly wandering the world, searching for demigods and guiding them to safety. They were such important allies to the children of the gods, acting as protectors and guides in their quests. Dahlia couldn't help but admire their dedication and bravery. "Guess I should be more careful" the look on her face was one of nervousness. 

• Like 1

Rebecca was glad that the satyr was not shot or hurt when Dahlia told her. She was relieved or she could’ve healed the satyr when needed. "Phew that’s good. then they returned to their shooting practice. Becca was began to wonder if the satyr wanted to join them as well. "Thats okay, luckily it wasn’t us though! You think the satyrs are any good at archery? " She didn’t know about satyrs that deep so she was guessing about it. It was her turn so she managed to pick up her now again to shoot her next arrow. It was a brief one and fast so it ended very quickly for Dahlia’s turn next.

• Like 1

She continued her archery practice, her mind wandered back to Rebecca's question about satyrs and their archery skills. She had never really thought about it before. "I'm not sure," she replied, her voice tinged with curiosity. "I mean, they're usually more known for their music and nature skills, but who knows? Maybe some of them are good with a bow too." Dahlia took her next shot, she focused on her form, determined to improve her accuracy. The arrow soared through the air and landed closer to the center of the target this time. She couldn't help but smile at the progress she was making. Archery was challenging, but it felt rewarding whenever she saw improvement. "Getting better," she muttered to herself, a sense of determination filling her. Rebecca's next turn came up next!

• Like 1

Rebecca nodded, she wasn’t sure either but she was open to find out if the satyrs were good at archery or any sports at all. She knew they were good at running though with their goat legs. "I see, never know that either haha" It was only Dahlia mentioned that they were good at music and nature that she now know. Maybe there was a book on these beings so they would have some knowledge on it. Who knows they could some in handy when battle was needed. She watched as Dahlia made her shot, and she clapped her hands with Dahlia’s improving and more accurate shooting skills. "That’s really good Dahlia! Honestly archery gets better by practice and I’m sure you are gonna shoot the bullseye more often hehe." She knew it because she has seen it on people before and those who weren’t demigods. They can be as good as them when shooting as it was a skill rather than gift or talent. "Maybe you could share some planting skills with me someday too." She chuckled hoping that day was near. She knew all the Demeter children were good at that. She readied her bow for her shot and this time it went straight towards the bullseye.

• Like 1

Dahlia watched Rebecca's arrow hit the bullseye with precision, and her eyes widened in awe. She couldn't help but feel a surge of excitement and admiration for her friend's skills. "Wow, that was incredible!" she exclaimed, clapping her hands enthusiastically. "You really are a natural at this, Rebecca!" Dahlia wondered if all apollo campers were just naturals or if any of them actually struggled a bit? I mean some in her cabin were connected to the earth but struggled to use their ability. As she listened to Rebecca's suggestion about sharing planting skills, a smile spread across Dahlia's face. "Oh, definitely!" she replied with genuine enthusiasm. "I'd love to teach you some planting skills. It's amazing what you can create with plants, and I think you'll enjoy it." Dahlia knew that each of the Demi-gods were so different with their skills based on their parents. So they could all bring things to the table. "So what kind of things do you want to learn or know?" 

• Like 1

Becca was filled with contentment as she had plucked her bow as easily as possible to get to the bullseye. She knew it didn’t always require good skills but also believing in yourselves and relax. Being stressful will just get everything messed up. ”Thanks Dahlia! It’s just more practice I did.” She chuckled, most Apollos were good at that while some may have troubles with it but they can overcome them as well. With correct methods. She grinned when Dahlia agreed on teaching her planting skills. She was amazed by the Demeters, in fact all of the demigods with their abilities. "Nicee I’m excited! I would love to know how to plant vegetables! Well I’m a big fan of food so I could plant some on my own too haha.” She was good in cooking too so bonus for that. She was looking forward to learn some new skills as well as to demonstrate hers too. She waited Dahlia to make her shot while she hoped she would improve her archery skills very soon.

• Like 1

Dahlia's excitement grew as she thought about the possibilities of teaching Rebecca about planting. She loved sharing her knowledge and seeing others discover the wonders of nature. "That's great!" she exclaimed, her eyes shining with enthusiasm. "Vegetable gardening is a fantastic place to start. We can learn about different types of vegetables, how to prepare the soil, sow the seeds, and care for the plants as they grow. It's such a rewarding experience to watch your own food come to life and eventually harvest it." Dahlia took a deep breath, focusing on her next shot as she knocked her arrow and drew back the bowstring. She tried to apply the techniques she had been practicing, her mind clear and determined. With a release, the arrow shot through the air, landing closer to the center of the target. She couldn't help but feel a sense of accomplishment, knowing that her skills were improving with every shot. "When do you want to start? We can go now orrrrr maybe sometime later?" 

• Like 1

Rebecca was enjoying the moment so far as being able to practice something talented with someone else from another cabin was quite entertaining as they were also learning from each other. She could see how determined and brave Dahlia was in learning the archery skills. She nodded as Dahlia explained how it works with the planting and she was purely amazed by how the planters demigods do their work usually. "Seems not too hard hmm haha…..sounds good to me!” She was equally eager to learn about new things too. And maybe she could grow her own food sometime and share with others. She watched as her friend’s arrow made another shot which was closer to the target. She cheered as she knew it would become even better each time they shoot. "Great job Dahlia! You’re getting better…keep it up! …… Sure maybe right now, I’m still pumped for some cool activities today.” She grinned, apollo kids always had this energy to do stuff, bright and all.

Dahlia felt a warm sense of camaraderie with Rebecca, their shared enthusiasm for learning and improving their skills making her day brighter. As she retrieved her arrows, she couldn't help but appreciate the bonds being formed at Camp Half-Blood. "I'm glad you're excited," she replied, a genuine smile on her face. "We can start right after this practice session, if you want. The sooner we get our hands in the dirt, the better!" Dahlia started to put her things away as the two of them had been shooting for most the day. It wasn't like she had a watch, but the sun was in a way different position then it had been last time. "Let's wrap up here, and we can dive into the world of gardening!" Dahlia's heart swelled with anticipation, looking forward to not only honing her archery skills but also sharing her love for plants and nature with her new friend. Maybe camp could get better after all. Once her things were put together she waved for Rebecca to follow her.

the end

Important Information

Terms of Use