bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Akemi Lancaster

Akemi Lancaster

Akemi Lancaster
6786ab41075106d02996af91d5e27192.jpg

biography

A descendant from a long line of Shinto priests, (Kannushi,) her father was a renowned priest in their district, in Osaka, Japan before Akemi was born.

Due to domestic disputes, his first wife divorced him and took custody of his other mortal daughter, Kaede, he ended up encountering a woman which he assumed was a god from his very religion, who admired his dedication to the religion and traditions, and fell in love with her, eventually bearing a child by the name of Akemi, given to him in a cradle by the god he thought was a kami, revealing herself to be Hecate, goddess of magic and witchcraft.

He was afraid, of what he had done, ashamed of his actions and viewing them as sinful, and decided to move him and his newborn daughter to America; for a better opportunity and to avoid a scandal amongst their religious community.

Both of them settled in Chicago, Illinois, USA. A year or two later, after his citizenship was granted, he met a young mortal woman, and married her rather quickly, perhaps too quickly, desperate for a new life. Wanting a fresh start, he changed his last name to hers in order to not be found easily by his old community.

Akemi was often treated as a 'side piece' to her father's perfect ideal family. Even when her mortal half-brother, Nathaniel, was born, Akemi was often pushed to the background while her father and his new wife tried to seem as normal as possible, with a new, normal child to boot. Everyone who was acquainted with the family assumed Akemi was just a result of a previous marriage. Even then, her father was very restrictive, often making demands and excuses to ground her, punish her, so that she would be hidden from the world, like she did not exist in the first place. Controlling how she looked, where she went, what she did, and who she made friends with, she spent the majority of her younger years reading and watching from the shadows as her younger brother was spoiled and often encouraged to ignore her, treat her as if she did not exist as well, leading to a very strained relationship between the two.

It was not until she was in 6th grade when she discovered that the shadows had an affinity to come to her, shield her, and play an influencing role in keeping her "invisible" and "unnoticed." she did not learn to control this ability voluntarily, but became aware that there was something about her that wasn't...normal like the other kids. She learned to watch others, observe minute details, while having the shields covet and shield her, helping her not be noticed.

When her 13th birthday came closer, Akemi began to get fed up by her father's restrictive lifestyle. So, as a simple and expressive act of defiance, she snuck out and, while stealing from her spoiled younger brother's excessive amount of allowance, bought some simple dye, and dyed her hair simply with streaks of brown and blonde, which caused her father to become outraged.

"I tell you to do simple things, and you can't even do it?" Her father had said sharply, jabbing his pointer finger into his chest.

"Oh, I'm very sorry that I can't just pretend I don't exist, to be nothing but a waste of space in your ideal life!" she had retorted. "I'm your daughter, not a doll. I'm no parent, but I'm pretty damn sure you shouldn't lock your kid in a room all day, with barely any food and water, not to mention sunlight? Grow up."

In an outrage following her comment, he had swung his hand and smacked her, pushing her to the ground, but pulled her head up by the hair.

"YOUR MOTHER WASN'T EVEN HUMAN, AND NEITHER ARE YOU!" he spat, tugging on her hair as if he wanted to rip it off.

Crying out in pain, she could feel a cold presence swirling. The darkness in the room called to her, begging her to use them, begging her to take control.

In a piercing scream, she thrust her hands out to push him off her, but the darkness crept from the corners, lashing out like tendrils of night, binding him by his arms and legs.

In the commotion, the stepmother and Nathaniel came running in, shrieking for her to let him go, trying to subdue her to stop, which startled her and caused her to drop him, confused on what she had controlled, that cold feeling in her dissipating. 

In all of the chaos, the neighbors had called a noise complaint in on the family, and an officer was on their way to the scene.

As they tried to explain everything to the officer, Akemi noted that he shuffled his feet a lot, as if his shoes didn't fit, and his blue cap had been placed awkwardly upon his head, and they had kept making noises like...bleating? No, impossible...

While she got up to approach the door, to get a closer look, her father had seized her by the arm and threw her forward.

"...yes, Officer, my daughter here had picked me up by my throat, thrown me against the wall, screaming about how we're being such terrible parents," he feigned his fright and kept clutching his throat. "Take her away, officer, oh, do please take her away," he burst into tears, clutching his wife and son, and nudging the confused teen forward, trying to resist.

As she was cuffed and shoved into the police car, she struggled against her restraints as the officer driving turned to look at her.

"Now now, demigod, easy. I'm here to help you."

"...Pardon?" she had stopped struggling and stared at him, puzzled.

The officer took off his hat, revealing a rather pointy set of horns, and kicked off his shoes, revealing hooves, like a horse's...or were they more goat like?

"The name's Goji. Y'know, like the berry. Heh. Listen kid, your little outburst out there- ooh wee, that's a fun way to alarm all the monsters in the area!"

Naturally, she began demanding answers, trying to break out of the car herself, believing she was being kidnapped by a lunatic, until Goji had revealed that he was a satyr, posing as a police officer, and tried to explain to her that she was a demigod, more specifically, daughter of the goddess Hecate, and that he had been trying to reach out to her in order to help, and after overhearing a noise complaint being called to her house, he decided to intercept it by putting the officer driving there to sleep via some flute/song magic, stealing his clothes, and making a quick drive over there.

Their car was eventually attacked by a hellhound, flipping it over and wrecking it, so they made their way on foot, all the way to Camp Half-Blood, a month before she turned 13, being claimed two weeks later. She had a peaceful time there, being sent off on a quest once during her time, and learning about her abilities and powers, testing her limits to cast spells, and eventually taming her umbrakinetic abilities, through years of practice, along with spells, but she cannot efficiently manipulate the Mist (due to being unaware of the ability in the first place)She eventually also learned how to fight with a sword, by observing others' techniques but never actually sparring with anyone, she became a (metaphorical) ghost to the camp, almost, spending the majority of her time in the woods, fighting monsters, and observing the lives of others around her, a true wallflower.

Personality

A bit stiff at first, often going out of her way to go unnoticed by others or to not talk to other people. Simply put, she likes people, and goes out of her way to watch others. This can lead to awkward, hostile, or tense encounters with others due to misunderstandings and boundaries. Akemi often is a bit oblivious to societal norms and boundaries, becoming quiet and meek in the company of many, and cutting off friendships when they are too emotional, as she feels that she has learned all she needs about one particular person and tries to move on from them. 

She has an affinity for exploration, often wandering around camp on her own time, or practicing spells and testing their limits. She can be friendly and a good listener if you're interesting enough to her, which is not hard to be in her eyes, and gives good advice when prompted, going out of her way to help people at times. She's calm, rational yet emotionally guided, curious and open minded. 

About Me

Birthdate: December 10th, 2003
Likes: Colorful clothes, witchcraft, people watching, books, long conversations, deep relationships, swordplay, details, meaningful moments, the scent of pine, raspberries 
Dislikes: The scent of alcohol, asking questions about her past, enclosed spaces, sunny days, sexual conversations, Ares kids, starting arguments
Family:
  • Mom: Hecate, Goddess of Witchcraft and Magic
  • Dad: Hiroto Lancaster (neé Igarashi) 
  • Siblings: Kaede and Nathaniel Lancaster (sister and half-brother, respectively)
  • Happy Thoughts: Being remembered by people, being befriended
Nightmares: Being forced to do something against her will, loss of control and peace
Fatal Flaw: Excessive Curiosity (asking too few questions and often going on her own to find answers, sometimes making friends to chase the one thing she values above all; knowledge)

PLAYED BY: Dusk
FACE CLAIM: Jamie Chung
Edited by Akemi Lancaster
pending application, needed to edit!

Admin

Pending

You're off to a great start! There's just a couple of things that need tweaking. Please check your inbox for a letter from our staff explaining what we've found.

Admin

Approved

We are happy to announce you've been approved to join Camp Half-Blood RP!

Please make sure to do your claims and update/start your Member Directory post. All of these can be found HERE.

Please allow staff 72 hours once you've done your claims to sort you appropriately.

CONGRATS!

Admin

Inactive

You're taking a break? We get that. Sometimes we need a break too. We'll be here when you get back!

When you decide you want to reactivate, feel free to submit the reactivation request HERE

*This was placed because you missed an activity check (or volunteered your character to be inactive) and didn't have an away notice posted. You can reactivate as soon as the month is over*

Important Information

Terms of Use