bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Chapter 15: Brain's can't wash this away!

Evelyn Scott

Summer of 2018 

The summer was one filled with so much fun as the boys and girls seemed to be getting hotter every year Evelyn was at camp! This meant she would play with the hearts of those around her....making them fall in love just to have a few laughs. Of course none of them actually loved her, as she could tell they only lusted after her. With the bitterness of never finding love she had grown numb to the games she played. This along with Levi's help made quite fun as the two of them seemed to be having a bit too much fun. But there was this one girl who seemed to try and ruin their fun....SAM!!!! Gosh this girl was so annoying that even some of her own cabin stayed away from her. She was all YOU GOT TO STAY PURE AND DON'T DRINK THAT. Gosh it was nice they didn't have parents here to tell them what to do but Sam was a parent to all of them!!!!!!

This is what had Levi and Evelyn planning a prank! Samantha wanted to ruin their fun so now it was time for them to get her back. She was never going to see it coming. The two of them snuck into the athena cabin where the young Samantha was asleep. Grinning she looked at Levi as she nodded....getting to work with their permanent makeup. Making Sam look like a clown was their goal. This girl would not be able to wash this off for days....maybe even week!!!!!! Finishing she tried to hold in her giggles until the two of them made it out of the cabin where they knew a surprise would awake the next day.

Getting ready early, which was so not like her!! Evelyn waited in the Mess Hall with the others who had gotten up this early. She did not want to miss her handy work!

@ Levi Jones  and @ Samantha Adams

Samantha really felt like she was finding herself here at Camp Halfblood. It had taken a couple years but she’d really established herself as one of the most important campers here, someone who could give wise advice and lead these kids into being their best, most pure selves. At least, that’s what she told herself anyway. But not everyone at camp wanted to hear how they could improve their lives. The Dionysus kids wanted to spend every night partying, she could fix them though, she would fix them. What she couldn’t seem to fix was those damn Aphrodite campers! Those kids seemed to be completely unable to restrain themselves and she had to comfort the many broken hearts they left behind. They were all bad news but the worst of them was Evelyn! Ohhhhhhhh she made her blood boil!!! How was that girl ever going to find a good and decent man acting the way she did? Not to mention the way she dressed!! If you could even call those clothes. No, the two of them did not get along and had already had several verbal altercations. She’d have to do something about Evelyn, but right now what she needed most was sleep. Only, sleep came rough and when she awoke she didn’t feel rested at all. Getting up early like she did every morning she made her way to the cabin bathroom to get ready for the day.

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!” The scream was loud enough to wake up the entire cabin and possibly the whole camp. Turning on the water she frantically began splashing it on her face, when that didn’t work she tried the shower head, then makeup wipes…nothing washed it off. “Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!” a second scream, not as loud, but equally as anguished erupted from her mouth. No matter what she did her face looked like a cheap birthday rent-a-clown!! It wouldn’t go away! Rubbing her face raw she finally stared, defeated, into the mirror. “This has to be a bad dream, no, a nightmare!” she moaned out loud. “Who could have done this?” That was when her eyes suddenly flashed with anger as the answer dawned on her. “Evelyn” she said, spitting the word out like a curse. Fueled by passionate rage she marched straight out of the Athena cabin towards the mess hall.

With one loud shove she slammed open the door to the mess hall, eyes darting through the room until they found their target; the Aphrodite camper table. Usually deserted at this early hour it was populated by exactly who she thought; Evelyn sitting next to her troublesome brother Levi. “EVELYN SCOTT!! YOU SICK EXCUSE OF A DEMIGOD! YOU…YOU…YOU HARLOT! HAVE YOU NO SHAME!?! NO DECENCY!??? WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME??????” she shouted, voice booming across the room as she marched straight toward her nemesis finger pointed in accusation. It was only then that she realized the extent of her situation, standing here in the middle of the mess hall in nothing but her pajamas and slippers in full clown makeup...

• Haha 1

Levi had become pretty good friends with his half-sister Evelyn, they had a lot in comment, beside just being born from the same mother. Levi and Evelyn loved to play pranks on anyone and everyone they could. Hell they even pulled pranks on each other. One day, after a huge altercation ensued between Evelyn and Samantha, a girl from the Athena's cabin, Evelyn came to Levi to ask him for some help in pranking the Athena girl. Levi had a few encounters with the girl, she didn't seem very fun, always acting like a parent to all of us. Levi hated it, but he also found her extremely cute, so he never really thought about pulling a prank on her. When Evelyn told him about her idea, he was all in though, it would be hilarious to see this girl in clown make-up. 

That night when him and Evelyn snuck into the Athena's cabin, they made their way over to Samantha and began working their powers. When they were finished, he grabbed his sisters arm and dragged her out, seeing how she was trying to hold back the laughter. Once outside the cabin though, Levi joined in on the laughing. "I can't wait till morning" he whispered as they made their way back to their cabin. Levi climbed into bed with a huge smile on his face, and fell fast asleep. The next morning, he hopped out of bed earlier than usual, ready to see Samantha.

Joining Evelyn in the mess hall, just in time, as Samantha comes storming through the doors, yelling right at Evelyn. Levi couldn't hold it together, he busted up laughing, putting his hand on his sisters shoulder "This is even better than I expected it to be...she even came out in her pajamas!!" he says, still laughing, tears building in his eyes from laughing so hard. Levi stands up and walks over to Samantha and whispers into her ear "at least your clothes still fit" he says with a smirk.

• Haha 1

Both Evelyn and Levi knew this prank was going to go down in Aphrodite cabin's history!!!! When she saw how excited that Levi was when they finished, she could not help but smirk almost the entire time as she burst into laughter. "I know..her face oh my gosh was so good.....we did a good job bro." Evelyn was almost tripping over herself because she was laughing so hard. This would be the best night sleep she has ever had as she would wake up to some of her best work. Laying down she was smirking as she imagined the stuck up Athena camper waking to a horrifying sight of her face. Maybe she would get the picture that she is a clown to most of them...they way she acted. It had to be all for show, no one could be that stuck up their ow ass and still walk right!!!

Sitting in the mess hall was so hard as she waited for her piece of art to walk in the room. She would look up at Levi from time to time and laugh uncontrollably until she heard the scream. OHHHHHHH IT IS HAPPENING was the look she gave Levi. When he busted up, Turning she looked at Samantha who was in her pajamas and looking livid. "Ohhhhh this is too good" her smirk was one that sparkles on her face. "What makes you think I had anything to do with this?? I mean maybe you just realized what a clown you are to all of us and accepted your fate." Evelyn tried to play innocent with the look of an angel on her face. Making her eyes big with a sad face at Sam.  What was even better was the yelling made for more campers to come running towards the mess hall. Having them all looking from the Aphrodite campers to Samantha.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

If Samantha had one glaring weakness it was charging into situations without fully accessing them. Being a daughter of Athena plus simply growing up in politics had granted her plenty of skill in strategy, but her pride in believing that she could handle anything often prevented her from applying it. As other campers began to pile into the mess hall she realized too late she’d walked right into an Aphrodite trap! Standing here in this ugly makeup in only her pajamas was not the intimidating image she had hoped to conjure up when she had burst in screaming. Thankfully the makeup at least hid her blushing as it dawned on her how mortifying this predicament was quickly becoming. As Levi circled her like a cat playing with its prey she grew confused “At least my clothes still fit? Are you daft or are you calling me fat? Of course they fit!!! I work hard to take care of myself!” Levi had his looks sure, but everytime he talked she assumed Aphrodite must have dropped him on his head as a baby. Whatever, he was just a distraction from the real enemy here so she re-focused her attention to Evelyn now.

Annnnnnd youuuuu! Don’t you play coy with me, this has your level of nasty written all over it!! You’ve disliked me from the moment I arrived here, of course you did this. I’ll have you know I’m the most well respected, most well behaved leader Camp Halfblood as ever had the pleasure of receiving!” Samantha was mad now as her emotion poured out in every word she spoke. “You know what, I think I have you figured out. You’re jealous of me. People come to me for leadership and wisdom, what would they come to you for? Lessons on how to open their legs?” Leaning in now she glared directly at her arch rival. “Or maybe you’re just jealous that Athena seemed to give me better looks than Aphrodite gave you?

• Like 1

Levi laughed when Sam tried to assess what he was talking about. He stops behind her, leaning back in "Nah hunny your not fat, but I could put a clothing curse on your, and all your clothes will be way to small to fit into for a while. But your right this was thought up by Evelyn, I helped of course, but if it was my idea I would of gone all out" he comments laughing. Just then Sam went all out, and the words she spoke toward Evelyn made him laugh even harder, he could barely breathe. Evelyn jealous of her, oh no, not even. Levi knew the truth, but was sworn by Evelyn not to say a word, normally Levi would totally pick on her and let her little secret out but Evelyn was her favorite half-sister here at the camp, they got a long way to well for him to want to piss her off. So instead Levi just smirked looking up at Evelyn, to see try to read her expression. 

Levi put his hands on Sam's shoulders "look around, do you really think having a temper tantrum, in your pj's, and clown makeup, is really a helpful thing to do?" Everyone at this point was just staring in disbelief, some laughing a long side Levi and Evelyn, other look mortified for Sam, and some just look completely confused and don't know how to react to the situation. Levi could feel Sam's embarrassment, loving every second of it. 

• Like 2

Evelyn could not help but laugh so hard that she had to turn away from Sam when she yelled at Levi. "OMG that is why you think that.....you call yourself smart" she blurted out when Levi explained it to her. Gosh, they call the aphrodites dense!! "Guilty as charged to what Levi said" she said raising her hand with more laugher and it was uncontrollable at this point. The plan had all to well worked in her favor, as this makeup which was not budging from Samantha's face was as beautiful as it was when she put it on her the previous night! "I could NEVER be jealous of you.....what a senator's daughter who is allll SMART and things" she laughed again as she rolled her eyes. She didn't care what people thought of her. None of them mattered anyways. It wasn't as if they were loyal to anyone. 

"Also sweetie, you could learn a thing or two from me. I am a lot more loved in this camp than you think......Yes people come to be for love advice which you are in DESPERATE need of!" The smirk on her face was telling as she knew how Samantha had not had any serious relationships that were known at least. If it was one thing she felt secure in, it was her looks!!! Evelyn knew the power she had over people because of her beauty. But Samantha was also not a bad looking girl either, she had a little crush on her maybe once or twice....okay okay maybe she sort of still had one but only Levi knew.  "Maybe this look will help you catch some of those boys....or girls I don't actually know your taste."

• Haha 1

Samantha prided herself on her ability to hold her composure, but it was not an easy task with these two Aphrodite troublemakers throwing barbs at her left and right! She did her best to match them tit for tat but they seemed to just shrug them off, she couldn’t help but feel a little envious at how nothing seemed to ever bother them. Must be a perk when your only goal in life is pursuing your next lay in the sack. She shuddered as Levi explained the clothing curse to her, her arms instinctively reaching to cover herself as if it had actually happened. “You wouldn’t dare! And seriously, clothing curses? Permanent makeup? Your powers are just as ridiculous and silly as the two of you are!” she glared at him, an angry clown not breaking his stare until she heard Evelyn’s sultry voice teasing her.

Don’t you disrespect my father, he’s done more in his life than you could ever hope to! Do either of you really think you can get everything you want in life with beauty alone? Do none of you care or think about the longterm??” She paused, trying to turn off her lecture mode, it was useless with these two. When Evelyn teased her about her love life though she froze. It was true she’d been so focused on advancing herself that she’d left little time for romantic pursuits, not that she’d ever had any admirers here. “Le…learn from you?” she said softly, taken aback by what exactly that comment even meant. “What could I possibly learn from you that would give me any respectable date and not just a floozy? Either of you for that matter!” Blushing now, but more from Evelyn inquiring about her tastes than the clown makeup on her face. Truth is, she had never really given it much thought. She just assumed she would end up with a man because that’s how…wait a minute, was Evelyn flirting with her??? It was so hard to tell with Aphrodite children.

• Like 1

Levi bursted into laughter doubled over for a moment, as he took some deep breaths trying to talk. "hahaha, this" still laughing "is great!" he exclaims, slowly catching his breath. Levi looked up at Evelyn with a smirk, when Samantha mocked their powers. Levi was one of the lucky Aphrodite children to get Charm speak from his mother, although he never liked to use it, he never showed that. He used it to threaten all the time, Evelyn and Helena were the only ones who knew he would never go through with it. Find his composure he go in front of Samantha "Oh ya, those are silly spells, but they are pretty fun, and obliviously has you going, so it must be worth something right? But if you really want to see one of our powerful spells, I would love to show you" he says hinting at charm speak. Not everyone in the camp knew he had that power, and honestly he wasn't sure if Sam knew yet or not, so he teased to test the waters. 

Turning his back to Sam, he walked over to Evelyn and whispered into her ear "the only love advice you would give that poor girl is how to fall for you" he said teasingly. Levi sat down to let Sam enternalize was he had just said to her, with a huge grin on his face. Meanwhile everyone in the mess hall at this point are hoot and hollering some rooting for sam and some rooting for the aphrodite siblings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Being from Cabin 10, meant one thing and one thing only! You had to have thick skin as some of the most savage campers where from that cabin! You have one little zit and ohhhhhh how much you got roasted.....it was endless. Just one of the many reasons things just seemed to roll off her back when others tried to come at her. None of them actually were close to her so why in the HELL would she care what they thought! "You are just jealous of our abilities....think we are a joke but our mom is one of the oldest Olympians......not your mom...ours" she said looking down at her nails as she blew them off. Then hearing Levi hint to his Charm Speak it made her raise an eyebrow.....oh this could get good for sure!!! She loved watching her big bro use his ability as it was so powerful!

Laughing she threw her head back as Samantha was trying to reach for any straw she could find "Ohhhh sweetie, you are just too cute, I have done plenty in my short lifetime and who knows if any of us will live that long anyways as tragic as our lives are" she said in a thick sarcasm. But she was advancing on Sam and she knew she almost had her in her grasp as the girl began to stutter. The smirk on her face was one that was one a pussy cat would have when it cornered its mouse. Hearing what Levi had to say in her ear made her giggle as she got up and got in Samantha's face. "Haven't you ever wanted to be loved so much that your soul cries in happiness...to have someone to know you so well that you feel one with them. Well I can help with that!" Pausing for dramatic effect she could feel her own heart racing as she was so close to sam she began to wonder what her LIPS TASTE LIKE. 

• Like 1

No longer content with circling around her, Levi came up close to confront her now. His voice sounded like soft silk, he was very handsome, but Samantha knew better than to fall for his charms, or these promises that she’d enjoy seeing any of his more powerful spells’. She’d learned about many of her fellow camper’s unique gifts through interacting with them (sometimes in the form of lecturing) or witnessing them in person. Knowledge of Aphrodite gifts alluded her though because honestly those campers kind of unnerved her. She would never admit to being scared of them per say, she just couldn’t stand being around them long enough to learn much. And yet here were these two that just loved tormenting her!

I don’t know what you’re trying to hint at Levi but I’m sure it’s just as nasty as your other ‘gifts’ and I want no part of it!” She believed Aphrodite campers to be a mostly cowardly lot working in gossip and rumors so when she saw Levi whisper something to his sister her nerves got the better of her. “What are you plotting at Levi!? More pranks? You know I have half a mind to grab my training sword and show you a few gifts of my own! Maybe it would knock some decency into you!

If Levi got under her skin just now, Evelyn practically lived there. Nothing she could say at the girl ever seemed to get to her. No lectures ever changed her behavior, no clever barbs or comebacks ever seemed to unnerve her, the girl was completely unchanging. Maybe that’s what bugged Samantha the most, someone she couldn’t convince through argument. Evelyn was content and happy to live her life exactly the way she wanted; there was a certain freedom there that Samantha envied but would never admit to herself. And now here she was, forced to confront her rival, but it felt more like falling in a trap than a level confrontation. Samantha was rarely ever at a loss of words but this Aphrodite girl always seemed to manage to make her stumble. Her skin felt hot now and she didn’t know if that was from anger, embarrassment or…something else?

Evelyn was talking about love, happiness, someone to understand you, all things Samantha knew she wanted but always seemed difficult to hold onto. But how would Evelyn ever know about these things?!? Her confusion only grew the closer Evelyn got to her until their faces were only inches apart. “....yes…” she said, admitting that she did indeed want those things. As soon as the word escaped her mouth though she regretted it, that was something she would never admit outloud, let alone to Evelyn! Was admitting your secrets another Aphrodite power she was unaware of? She felt like she was burning now, the heat spreading over her whole body until she must have been practically radiating it. “But why do you care if I do? What kind of help?” She regretted asking the questions, revealing more of herself to Evelyn, but something in her wanted, needed to know the answers.

• Like 1

Levi was intrigued to find out that Sam didn't know about his charm speak. This gave him a great idea, a sinister smirk coming across his face. Walking over he places his hand onto his sisters shoulder, and then looks sam in the eyes, and with his charm speak, he spoke in the sweetest tone, that enlightens all your senses. "I want you to say 'I'm the camp clown'" smiling sweetly. Looking to his sister he smiles big, "I couldn't help myself" he says with a chuckle, as he watches Sam's expressions. The way charm speaked worked, was she knew what she was doing, and could think freely, but she couldn't control what she said or did under the spell. Levi wasn't one to use it usually, which is why the minute Sam says what he wanted her to, he let her. 

"How's that for a funny power?" he says with a smirk. He couldn't help but love the reaction he gets from Sam. "Just remember, I could make you do so much more" commented with a sinister smile, just to mess with her more, he would never but she didn't know that.

• Haha 1

If it was one thing she loved...it was that Samantha was so feisty! The girl had never been anything else as she was one of those strong personalities that society tries to push down but Samantha would just push back harder. Maybe it was this that captured her eye all those years ago when she first met the girl at camp. Evelyn would be off to the sidelines as someone would try and tell Samantha what to do when she would just do her own thing or the 'right thing.'  This made her giggle as she seemed to be a half-blood yet to be tamed. But Evelyn would never want to tamed her NOOOOOOO she would want to see her fire burn more. To put Samantha in the light for all those to see! It was at times like this when she could feel her own heart beat even faster as she admire the girl she liked. 

That was when Levi used his ability on Samantha. It would be fun to see it work as it was hard to resist a charm speaker for sure. The playful look on Evelyn's face went from looking at Sam to Levi who she gave a wink to. Oh how she loved being around her brother as he was one that just made life so much more fun for all involved. Her mother might not have given her an ability but she did giver her her half-siblings. "Nice one Levi" she said as she looked back to Samantha to see what would happen.

Evelyn knew the power of love.....I mean it got many wars started and fought over for years!!!! Love was the thing that could make people act differently than they had ever done or do the thing they swore they would never do. It was the thing that had been there since time began for humans which made it all the more alluring.......as she spoke to Samantha. She could see the girl was thinking but WHO was it about??? Did she have someone in mind that she wanted help with? With the word yes uttered from her lips. Her own parted to make a smirk "ohhhhhhhh good" she said feeling her heart wanting to leap out of her chest as she was dying for her to say her own name. "Maybe I care or don't care.....but if its about love then we Aphrodite's love to help." Evelyn was looking at Samantha in the eyes wishing she could know for sure who this girl liked.

There was no way it was her....but she could dream couldn't she? 

Samantha was already strategizing the quickest route to the armory for her training sword. She would never use a real one against an unarmed opponent (especially a weak Aphrodite) but a couple knocks from a wooden one might teach that bully Levi to think twice about helping his sister prank her. It was about that point that an unwelcome suggestion entered her brain. A thought of something that she should say even though she one hundred percent did NOT want to say it. The thought only grew louder in her mind second by second, feeling less like a suggestion and more like a command. Ignoring it almost became painful in a way, she knew the only way to make it stop was to….“I’m the camp clown!” she stated, loud enough for those in the immediate vicinity to overhear.

As soon as the words left her lips the feeling died and her hands clamped over her mouth in shamefaced shock! As if reading her mind, Levi explained just how far he could take those powers if he so choose to…wait did he mean what she thought he did??? Did he even think of her in that way? “Gross Levi!” she shouted out loud unintentionally. “I mean….ahem…I chose to say that!” she stated, nose tilted upward in defiance, but her flush red cheeks said otherwise.

That’s when the soft giggle of Evelyn’s low laugh drew her attention back to the girl, she stared into the girl’s eyes almost without realizing she was, as if she was charm speak'ed into doing it. Samantha knew better though, she was staring because she couldn’t help but be drawn in, it was like her rival held some kind of hypnotic hold over her. Was Evelyn really offering her help or was this all a part of another prank? She had butted heads with this Aphrodite girl on many occasions but this time it just felt...different. Maybe it was the embarrassment of the clown makeup, or being flustered by charm speak, but being this close to Evelyn made Samantha feel as if she was a mouse being toyed with by an amused house cat; and if she was honest with herself…she didn’t mind it.

NO! Her mind shouted back at her, this girl is just trying to get your guard down, get you to share secrets and feelings about yourself that you’re not ready (or able) to admit. GET. OUT. NOW. Samantha always listened to her instinct, it was a gift that had helped her accomplish so much, besides who needed feelings when Athena taught that instinct and logic reigned supreme. “Ummm…uhh..no. No thank you!” she quickly stuttered out in response. Turning, she looked around for the closest exit. At that point realizing just how many people were staring at her, she must look completely ridiculous, rather humiliated now she made a beeline for the door, covering her face as best she could. Swearing in her mind that she’d pay Levi back for this, somehow forgetting to make the same vow against Evelyn. In a very illogical moment all she could think about Evelyn was the girl’s pretty eyes.

Levi laughed when Samantha tried to say that she choose to call herself the camp clown. "Yes of course you did sweetheart" he says in a calming voice, laced with sarcasm. Levi was getting ancy feeling all the emotions going on around him, specifically the feelings that his sister had for Samantha, and the new daunting feelings that Samantha was starting to feel. Just then Samantha made a beeline for the exit. Levi stood up and walked over to his sister with a smile, as she gave her side hug "Come on, we had our fun. I need to get some fresh air" he says pulling his sister along with him, as they walked past the crowd of campers and out the door. 

Today was a great way to start the day, he loved hanging out with his sister, causing trouble.

~ end ~

Important Information

Terms of Use