bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Shot thru the heart.

Elijah Quinn

She turned her head forward, as to not to meet his eyes. "That's a first if I've ever heard it," she said lightly, with some amusement in her tone. "Many don't say more than one word to me, and yet, that is all." she sighed, slowly walking along, the shadows behind her acting as a sort of repellent for monsters. "When did you come to camp? Perhaps that's a personal question, but," she chuckled mischievously. "Nonetheless, I am dragging you across the woods, and leaving myself vulnerable to attacks, no? So come on, humor me a little about yourself."

Akemi didn't respond to the comment calling her cute, except opting for a hum in response as they walked along the woods, the sun being blocked out by a canopy of leaves, a breeze chilling the area. Her kind of weather.

• Like 1

"So like hey, hello, hi?" He asked in conjoining amusement. "Hmm, I came to camp roughly five years ago. A little bit before I turned thirteen but I got claimed by then." The young man drew a sigh. "I was part of a singing competition. It was going great because I wasn't timid like I used to be, but it was the first time I faced against monsters. Everything went wrong and I was the only one to come out of it alive. The satyr I knew died from a high fall. Things grew hectic after that and my mom finally decided to send me to camp. We were against it the first time." He continued to walk slowly, keeping her close to him. It had turned out the chilling sensation came from her shadows but it was very subtle and barely noticeable.

"Sorry for the sob story." He didn't want to look at her out of embarrassment. It's a story only a select few has heard but he had told her after their meeting had just begun. "So what's yours, if I may ask? Is there a reason you're avoiding people?"

She was silent on that. No one had really chose to ask her things, or get close to her, so she just hummed again in response to his little backstory. That's one trickle of information she bled out of him. She didn't notice that feeling yet, but something in the back of her mind told her not to use him like the others, but she suppressed this feeling and kept it more to herself.

"Why I avoid people? Hm..." she was silent for a brief moment. "My father saw me as a sort of...stain. Ruining his pledge to abstinence until his wife came back, but then I was born. Stepmother wasn't the best either, so they just- chose to keep me hidden. As someone who didn't deserve to be seen, and so I learned to watch. Listen. I guess that still sticks with me today." she exhaled, memories bleeding through her mind like ink.

• Like 1

Elijah listened with intent as part of her story unfolded before him, walking not slowly anymore now that he was used to the pain. He did not know until now that a part of her past has caused her to be like this but he wasn't determined to change her. That would make it her choice. Still, it got him worked up. "I don't like them already. A stain? I ought to give him these hands something if I ever meet him. Or them," he huffed, "Everyone deserves to be seen and heard. Call it cheesy but that's what I believe. We have our own individuality and nobody can change that but ourselves." He finally got the courage to look at her even though she wasn't looking back. It was for a moment but he returned his gaze.

"I won't pry any further, but I appreciate you telling me this. I'm always with you if you want to have a chat. I know it'll probably take a while, but I have the patience. A tremendous amount of patience." Elijah chuckled once more. "Come on. We're almost there. We should definitely grab food sometime. I've got an appointment after this, but at least consider it? I want to speak with you more whether you like it or not."

• Like 1

"Your willingness to reach out and get to know me is reminiscent of a golden retriever," she retorted, but hid her smile. "But sunshine always gives light to the shadows, I suppose. I guess it can't be helped." she thought for a moment as they walked alone, still recoiling from the fact he was so worked up and gave a little spiel on individuality that she felt her heart and head betray her.

"Fine, very well, as you wish." she looked at him, finally. She let the shadows diminish to stop bothering him with the chill. He seemed patient and easygoing enough; might as well give him a chance. "You owe me a cookie or two. That's my price to talk to me. Bargain if you wish, but I won't negotiate for anything less." she said it semi playfully. She did want a cookie.

• Like 1

"That's more like it." Elijah was pleased to hear that, preferring himself to a golden retriever in a simile. He let his mind wander off to what they have been talking about, a bit satisfied that they shared a part of their story they wouldn't speak of. When there is light, there is darkness. It was awfully a pleasant sight to see that their powers clashed one after another. There wasn't any sort of 'effective' effect towards each other since they can't exist without each other.

"Yeah, now that you mentioned it I'm starving." His stomach let off a soft growl but at least the fatigue wore off for now. He was thinking of grabbing some grub after this whole ordeal. "I'm not going to try since the dryads are serving them every so often."

It took them a while, but the two of them finally went out of the forest. Elijah was fine now so he didn't need to lean on her, preferring not to bother her anymore. "It's okay. I can take it from here. It won't take long for us to get there. "I'm sure you'll go back to people watching after I give you that cookie, right?"

• Like 1

She didn't expect to be prompted that. Honestly, she wasn't sure. Being broken out from her shell like this was new to her. "Maybe I will, hm? You'll see me around...only if I'm willing to allow you to interact with me," she quickly clarified, to not have that comment taken the wrong way, twirling her hair around her fingers nervously. "But nonetheless, I suppose...you could teach me archery? Someday? Some time? Of course, I'll gladly retreat back into the shadows if you would- not care to speak with me anymore." she tried to mince her words, but she honestly did not expect the bright ball of sunshine to mingle with the shadows much longer. She thought he was offering a gesture of kindness.

"Besides that, I'll stick around for that cookie." she had a twinkle in her eye, although her face was impassive. She loved sweet things; especially sweets with a richer flavor.

• Like 1

"Oh please. You have to allow me. I'm one of the few, if not, the only one who starts a conversation with you." Elijah softly chuckled at the remark when he took a poke at her social habits. They weren't bad but he was content that she'd even talk to him. Getting ignored when reaching out is one of the worst feelings. Upon the request to teach her archery, his face lit up. A new student! "I'll teach you if you come by the archery range. Like I mentioned earlier, we're on a volunteer basis so you'd have to ask me or my half-siblings when I'm the one giving instruction." Sunshine boy made a soft fist bump to her arm as a smile formed from the corners of his lips.

"Honestly? I like talking to you. We're just getting started, Akemi."

Then a laugh can be heard from the porch of the administrative building.

"Oh, that's right, your cookie. Let's get it before the campers eat them all!"

fin.

Edited by Elijah Quinn

Important Information

Terms of Use