bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Chapter 17: The Crush

Evelyn Scott

Summer of 2020, midnight

It started with noticing how she looked from a distance. She wasn't the most graceful girl but maybe it was the way she showed confidence. This was just the beginning of her longing stares towards her. No one would ever suspect her of all people to like her because of their rivalry. Evelyn found herself trying to find moments when no one was around just to watch her with the others which was so different than with her. Maybe this is why she liked to get a rise out of her.....so she would notice her. The only one that really knew was Levi as the two of them were so close. He even helped her plan the prank on Samantha last year which definitely got her attention. 

But Evelyn longed for more, she put on a face for everyone to see but that wasn't the real her. Deep down she knew most hated her and even wish she wasn't around. Just like her dad. Evelyn hated the feeling of being invisible which is why she always found in the spotlight. But there was someone she knew who did not mind blending. Akemi had been someone she would go to when she needed info but honestly she also just liked her company as well. 

So sneaking out of the cabin at midnight to go to the lakeshore. She would wait for her friend to arrive to see if she had any info on this girl. 

@ Akemi Lancaster

"You're late, Miss Evelyn," but the smile on her face gave hint as to her behavior towards the aphrodite girl. She found her like a curious little kitten, fluffing her fur constantly and hissing when people tried to get close. Or something of the sort, Akemi was sure about. The night was rich to her, cold, with the breeze rustling her hair.

Her red lips curled into a slight smirk when Evelyn walked over. "This is bold to assume, but I take that you're not here just for my illustrious company, are you? Just state what you want me to do." her tone was teasing and light, but her words were blunt, as she twirled her hair around her finger once more. She enjoyed meeting up with her, by the light of the moon. She wouldn't dare cross her during the day, it brought far too much attention and far too little gain. But she was glad that they were in good spirits. Perhaps, in fact, good enough to get what she would want...but for now, she settled on befriending her for starters. 

• Like 1

If Evelyn had planned better she would not have been late but trying to sneak out when your Cabin Leader stays up late while looking at herself in the mirror was HARD! But she just cooly looked at Akemi with that smirk most knew. "Yes, but I had to make sure I didn't get caught....some of our cabins do not thrive in the night so we are closely watched!"  With being only 17 years old, she wasn't allowed out after curfew. But never year that would change as she would finally be 18 and do what the hell she wanted too. She risked so much to come out and get this information!!! "Thanks for meeting me here of all places" the breeze was cool against her skin as she looked around before looking back with a smile. 

It seemed Akemi was cutting straight to the chase. "Well I do love seeing you but I thought you would appreciate me doing it now" knowing clearly that it would bring so much attention to the two of them. But in all honesty she actually liked how chill Akemi was. Maybe it was this that made her feel like she could down her walls. "Soooo I was wanting some i n f o r m a t i o n" from you. Looking away she then looked back with one raised eyebrow. "So there is a girl in the Athena Cabin......her name is " pausing she was nervous because if she said this name then two people would know something about her dirty little secret. "Samantha Adams.....Can you find out who she likes....i mean not like a friend but like crush?" Trying not to blush was so hard as she tried to play it super cool. "It is important for........" her mind went blank! What was it for? "A prank" she said looking as innocent as she could. 

• Haha 2

Akemi just a sly smile on her face as Evelyn struggled to say what she wanted. "Cat got your tongue?" she had teased as Evelyn stammered, but eventually, when Samantha's name was said, her mind filled with devious ideas...more less devious, more so harmless, but to the spellcaster, she had a small vendetta against the Athena girl. She had gotten too close for comfort to getting caught by her, and wanted her slight revenge.

"Give me a few days, is all I ask for, and until then," she put her hands in her pockets, making a clicking noise with her tongue and teeth, and reached out a hand to boop Evelyn on the nose with her pointer finger. "You can still come to me if you need anything else, alright? But watch yourself, dear lover girl," a glint in her eye had manifested, "The more you use my services, the more I'll ask for something, alright?" She had a smile on her face, a mischievous one, one she rarely showed around most people...unless they catered to her likes.

• Like 1

"Noooo" she got out a bit too aggressively but then calmed herself down. She smiled again "Sorry about that, what I mean is no it doesn't" As if she was a peacock who had gotten its feathers rustled but wanted to appear to be fine. Evelyn did not allow many to get under her skin as that is how you get hurt....or worse used. It was a game she had played her whole life with all those around her. As if everyone was out to use her like the foster families did. Would anyone ever truly care for her? On some dark nights, this thought made her cry as all she ever wanted was to be love, seen and heard. 

Akemi was quick to give her the deets on when she would meet with her next. The girl was good, she always had been. It was rumored that she had dark and shadow ways of getting the things people asked her for. But this did not bother her, as her heart was wanting to know. The finger that bopped her on the nose was what brought her out of these thoughts. Smiling she raised an eyebrow. "Don't worry about me." she teased back "I am a big girl who can take of herself...you just name your price." 

Then something made her pause "But I do have to ask.......why does such a beautiful girl always hide in the shadows?" If it was anyone who knew what it felt like to hide it was Evelyn. To everyone around her it was as if she had it all together but in reality she was a mess. Would Akemi tell her the truth? It wasn't as if they were best friends but maybe just close enough to understand!

"My price can be steep, but for someone so loyal to my services, I think I'll spare a few of the requirements." she winked, an unusual display of levity for the umbrakinetic. She had a bunch of ideas racing through her mind, twirling her hair around her fingers once more, her lips curling into a mischievous smirk. She liked Evelyn, she really did. One of the very few she had a soft spot for; one who wanted to know more. Perhaps about others, or just wanted more in general. That's what was the bait, the key to befriending her. It was to get closer to her.

The question Evelyn had prompted brought her back down to reality. "Erm..." she looked away, letting her hair fall over her green tinted eyes. "Well..." she quickly recovered. "Well, wouldn't want to steal the spotlight from you, hm? With how mesmerizing I can be sometimes- but besides that, it may as come a shock to you, but I'm...I'm not sure..." her voice got quiet. Thoughts from her past flashed back. "Let's just say no one really wanted me seen. So I listened to that. Is that a good enough response?" the last sentence was full of ice, with some sadness. She quickly caught herself and sighed, looking up at her and smiling. "Sorry. But genuinely. Haven't been in the spotlight. Don't plan on doing so, either."

• Like 1

Licking her lips she raised an eyebrow "Oh sweetie that sounds so kind of you" her eyes looked excited. It was fun making friends with such a well informed girl. Evelyn's eyes washed over the girl taking her in more and more. Taking in all the details down to the girls eye color. The way Akemi's hand just went to her hair and began to twirl it was just the cutest thing. If the girl didn't like being the spotlight so much, Evelyn would probably try and be around her more and more. She felt a bit free when she was around her.

But then getting the chance to ask her about it seemed to get the girl to stop and think. Evelyn knew how many didn't know anything about her other than she liked attention or that she likes to flirt. But deep down all she wanted was to be known. "Well I see you" she said looked at her in a way with so much kindness she had. "I think you would do well in the light but the light has its pros and cons." Looking out she took a deep breathe before looking back at Akemi "If you ever want to be then you know where to find me" giving her a wink she laughed softly before she back up at her. 

The Hecate girl just messed with the ends of her jacket, letting shadows curl into her palm, her cheeks flushed out of embarrassment for Evelyn's kindness. She didn't expect the Aphrodite girl to be so kind in nature, but she appreciated it nonetheless as she looked up, running a hand through her hair to sweep it back.

"The light does have its weaknesses and strengths, I would guess. But the shadows can be so comfy, so I think I'll leave the spotlight to you. I-" she paused, tripping over her words, but sucked in a deep breath and turned back to her, her voice growing quieter, softer even. Much opposed to her sharp and sarcastic tone just a moment or two before. "I do appreciate your kind words though. Thank you, nonetheless." She gave a smile, before looking out at the lake and skipping a rock, watching it glide on the water. 7 skips. Her heartbeat felt timed to those.

"Like I said, give me a few days. Be sure to...keep her busy. Somewhat. My presence is hard to detect, but that girl is sharp with her senses..."

• Like 1

days later.....Around midnight 

Evelyn had almost gotten caught by Samantha tonight. Maybe she was suspicious of her after she played another prank on the girl to distract her while Akemi got to do what she needed to do. Evelyn in all her glory had taken to some of samantha's well modest clothes and redid them herself. Making them revealing and much more fashionable to today's standard. As she replaced all the clothing back in the middle of the day as for the girl to find later. She found a place in plain of sight for all to see when Samantha came a looking for her. There was nothing for the girl to wear but the new clothing she had made for her. 

Samantha found her, looking pissed as a momma grizzly bear. With the modified clothes in hand. Samantha was outraged at having to wait a whole day to go into new york to get new clothing. Evelyn had done a little dying, trimming and shorting of this one dress. Evelyn could not help but whistle as the girl looked good in the clothes she fixed! "Wow don't you look amazing" she winked at Samantha as she could see the girl get flustered. This was prefect as this allowed for Akemi to get done what she needed to do.

But this of course made Samantha a bit more weary of her, causing her to be watchful of when Evelyn tried to sneak out of her own cabin again. But she made it just in time to the spot her and Akemi were planning on meeting. Looking around she waited for her friend to arrive!

[[permission from Samantha's writer to GM her in this RP]]

• Thanks 1

Akemi had a lollipop in her mouth, bubblegum flavored as she waited, sucking on it. She pulled it out of her mouth to point it at the camper. "You're late, but it's excusable once more...My oh my, do I have a lovely collection for you!" she held up a small bundle of polaroid pictured. "I had nicked a camera from someone; one of those small, low electronic kind. Wouldn't do me any good to steal her diary, I'd prefer not to get sent to Tartarus by an escapee nun from the Vatican."

The first picture was a passage in the girl's diary. Akemi had hidden herself under her bed right at the time of the incident with the dress. She could've sworn her ears bled from how shrilly that girl was screaming and freaking out. As Samantha had stomped out the room, wearing it (which didn't make much sense to Akemi, but oh well) she sifted through the room, briefly. Damn. That girl was good at hiding things, but not as good as her shadows were at searching. They had located her diary, and with ease, picked the lock on it. Using her camera, she sifted through it as fast as she could, snapping pictures of special passages, particular the ones with "I HATE HER" and "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH" and "THAT WITCH" scribbled in angry red pen.

But she smirked as she read through, black gloves tracing the pages. No evidence left behind. Stubbornly admitted in its pages, was how "pretty Evelyn could look with that smug stupid smirk on her face." or "how sexy she looked, strutting around showing off her-" more angry, denying words proceeded that- on and on she switched back and forth about she hated her guts and to how she may have an infatuation with her. 

She tucked the pictures safely away in her bunk after she snuck out, leaving everything untouched. When she returned a few days later during the day, Samantha by then had sworn to burn every last piece of clothing Evelyn got her "witch's hands" on, but in her closet, tucked safely in the back, were most definitely clothes she wouldn't wear. She had kept some of them, especially that rather revealing pink dress Evelyn had fashioned, along with a black dress, one that was never worn, but rather revealing as well, a lipstick mark on the area where your breasts would be. 

Akemi smirked, snapping a brief picture, and back at that lakeshore, presented the Aphrodite girl with the pictures. 5 total. 3 diary entries, 2 pictures of the dresses.

"She wouldn't leave her room much two days after," Akemi gave a rare eye roll, "It was a direct nightmare." she sucked on her lollipop as Evelyn admired her handiwork.

• Haha 2

Evelyn smirked so much when she heard that Akemi had gotten so much for her.  But the battlefield was in her mind.....she had thought about if she actually wanted to know the truth. For all she knew Samantha could be in love with the next lame ass Joe shoshmo!!!!! There was no going back now as her eyes looked eager even in the dead of night. "Ohhhhhh then you must have gotten something juicy, please do share!" If her heart could beat out of her chest it would in this moment as the suspense was killing her. DID SAMANTHA LIKE HER OR NOT???? Did she just hate her or did some part of her long to be with Evelyn as Evelyn did with her?

Evelyn knew that Akemi was real good at doing what she needed to, to get the information. Wondering what she had to go through in order to obtain these precious pictures. She knew her price would be well worth it! "Ohhhhhh do tell? Did my prank work at least? I tried everything I could to get her to leave or be distracted."  Taking the photos she began to look at them as her eyes got big. Laughing she couldn't help but enjoy even the photos of the I HATE HER. "Seems I have gotten to her after all these years." But then she moved that photo to the next one when she felt as her if her heart was going to beat out of her chest.

She thinks I am pretty! Those words might have meant so much from others in the camp cause sure she was pretty to most.......but samantha adams thought she Evelyn was pretty! "I can't believe she thinks I am pretty" she said looking at at Akemi who was sucking on her lollipop. Then flipping to the next photo which made her mouth drop. "NOOOOOOO WAYYYYYYY" she said looking up then back down to the photo again as she then looked at the fifth one seeing she had kept 2 of the dresses. "I can't believe she kept them, I mean she would totally look hot in them but still" this part was said quietly to herself but still loud enough for Akemi to hear. "Soooo what do you want from me? Name your price!" 

Akemi just gave a smile as she watched Evelyn flip out at the pictures and information she had provided. She always took pride in her work, regardless if it was good or bad. She was just glad she could satisfy her client. "Your prank worked well enough," Akemi said, taking her lollipop out of her mouth, "That I could get this. I wish I could've gotten more, but sometimes I have to settle for a mediocre amount with them being so...fickle."

She smiled at the Aphrodite camper as she crossed her arms, cocking her head to the side as Evelyn stated how eager she was to provide what she wanted. Perfect.

"Oh? What I want?" she smiled, partially dark, her mind flooding with some malicious prospects. But for the most part, she had a harmless thing in mind. But for now, she didn't want to demand the favor straightaway, so she just pulled her lollipop out of her mouth and pointed it at Evelyn. "I'll get back to you on that. All you owe me is a favor in the future."

• Like 2

Evelyn could not help but think what a good team her and Akemi had made. I mean if it were not for her not wanting to be in the spotlight then she would come around more often. The damage the two of them could do was dangerous!!! But of course her information came at a cost.....one that was not simple which she knew when she asked for the information in the first place. But to Evelyn there was not a cost she was not willing to pay for this. Maybe to most this would sound crazy but to how her heart felt...she had to know. 

"DEAL" she said nodding her head with a smile. "I hope to talk to you again and hopefully it won't be too long from now....maybe sometime in the shadows" she said genuinly. Evelyn really did enjoy Akemi when she got the chance to talk to her. "Until then" she nodded to her as she put the pictures away as she turned to walk away. It would be hard to not get caught on the way back in, but deep down  her heart was skipping as Samantha thought she was pretty!

[end RP]

Important Information

Terms of Use