bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Double Trouble Arriving

Maddox Grimes

The week that leads up to their arriving to the camp was an interesting one. There were many more fights and running away from creatures that they weren't able to fight. Maddox had been a little scared, but he had also wanted to help out as much as he could. He was angry at the loss of their mother still and the fact that they had to live on the streets for the time that they had. Not that they had really a choice in the matter, he didn't feel like leaving his brother as they had been together all of their lives and they weren't about to change now. He huffed a little as he fixed his jacket on his shoulders a little more. He glanced around the place and his eyes set on the big house that the satyr was talking about. He told them to go ahead and go inside of the house, and that someone would be there waiting for them. Maddox turned to say something back to the satyr, but he wasn't there anymore. He glanced at his brother and frowned a little. "Well, so much for my question." he muttered as he stood next to his brother before walking up to the house. "Think we're being tricked?" he questioned his brother as they got to the door of the house. He once again huffed out loud and went to grab the door to open it for his brother to walk into the house first. Once his brother was in his walked in as well. Glancing around the place, his face fell into awe. It wasn't anything like he was imagining at all. He frowned at the thought and stood behind his brother as they walked in. Being born second gave him that, though he won't say it out loud. He would fight anyone and that even went for his brother when they talked about him being two minutes younger. "Hello?" the boys called out together as they gave each other a look. 

@ Mason Grimes  @ Lilythe RaynePegasus.png

The week leading up to arriving to this huge house the satyr brought us to, was a crazy one. Monster after monster, it was draining, even with the satyr there to protect them, Mason still felt the need to be up front and keeping his brother as safe as possible. He knew his brother could fight, but it was just the big brother thing to do. Standing in front of this house Mason smiled at Maddox as the satyr told them to go ahead into the house. Mason chuckled at Maddox grumble, when he realized the satyr had already left. "It'll be alright, he said someone would be in the house waiting for us, so you can ask them" he said patting him on the shoulder. Shrugging his shoulders Mason gave his brother a questioning looks, "Maybe?" he said as they walked up to the door. 

As Maddox opened the door, Mason walked in with his brother following in behind him. "Wow" his eyes went wide has he looked around the room. The most twin like thing they do is speak as one, they both yelled out "Hello?" as they looked toward one another. 

Lilythe could hear the familiar sound of the front porch steps creaking, followed shortly by the front door swinging open. She smiled as she heard two unknown voices. New campers. "I'll be right there! Make yourselves at home." She called from the kitchen towards the front of the house. Lilythe poured a few glasses of lemonade and threw together a plate of cookies before following through with her promise. Placing the beverages and cookies onto a tray, Lilythe walked herself into the front room.

"Welcome to Camp Half-Blood. I'm Lilythe, one of the cabin leaders here at the camp. I'm sure you're tired and have a ton of questions." She said sweetly, and placed the tray down on the table before the girl. Grabbing one of the glasses of lemonade, she took a sip and sat in a chair opposite the couch the young boys sat upon. "Please feel free to relax, have a cookie or two, and drink some lemonade. I'm here to answer any questions you might have. And when you're ready I can show you the camp." Lilythe said with a smile.

Maddox sighed a little as he began to listen to his brother. They were told that someone was going to be there for them so he should listen to the satyr right. So far, he hadn't lied to them, but Madd wasn't one hundred percent sure if they should believe them or not. He had always had something to say about everything. He breathed in through his nose and allowed his anger to settle down before they started into the door. "Well, let's see." he muttered as they walked into the door and looked around. It was always interesting when the twin spoke together. It was like they could read each other's minds. Honestly, Madd thought that he could read his brothers thoughts many times. It always made him feel closer to his brother. They said their hellos and soon another voice came from somewhere. Telling them that they would be right there. From the sound of it, it was a female. He stepped closer to his brother not wanting to be too far from him at the moment. This was a whole new thing at the moment for the both of them and he felt safer with his brother next to him. He glanced at his brother when she said to 'make yourselves at home' Madd didn't know what to do because he wasn't that trusting of people at the moment. Not after what had happened to them. 

The woman came into the room with them and right away Madd noticed that she was carrying food and drinks on a tray. He blinked a little trying to peak a little closer to the food. He was a little hungry. He grabbed onto his brother's jacket and stepped a little closer to the woman. Whose name was now Lilythe. It wasn't that Madd was scared, he just looked at people a little differently. He watched closely as she grabbed a drink herself and drank it. If she was going to kill them this would be the moment. But she seemed rather nice. He pushed his brother a little to the couch and only sat down after Mason did. He wanted a cookie and staired Longley at them but again. There was that trust issue going on at the moment. He sat straight up on the couch and put his hands on his knees. His blue eyes scanning the room before the landed on Lilythe once again. "You said cabin leader..." He began. "What does that mean... and are you sure we are supposed to be here...you're not going to try and kill us are you?" he grumbled a little thinking about all the things that they had went through in the last couple of months. His knuckles whitened from how tightly he had been closing them. "You're not going to separate us." his voice starting to raise a little. He was worried maybe letting his anger out a little more too. He had fought his way here with his brother, they weren't about to split them up now.

Not long after they spoke out, a female voice came out from somewhere offering us to make ourselves at home. Honestly did we really know what that even meant?, he questioned himself, looking toward his brother. Seeing the couch Mason, moves over to it and sits down, with his brother in tow as the women to the voice finally appears with a tray of cookies and lemonade. Before Mason can say anything his brother drives straight in, with an eye roll, Mason elbows his brother and glares at him. "Don't be so rude!" he hisses toward Maddox, as he looks back at the women. Of course Mason was thinking the same thing, he just wasn't going to flat out say it so bluntly like his brother just did. 

Following suit, he picked a class of lemonade up, eyed his brother and took a sip. It tasted fine, but part of him truly wanted to mess with his brother. They had been through so much though, it might not be the best of ideas right now. "I'm sorry about my brother, I'm Mason, and he is Maddox, we have been through a lot, neither of us take to well to adults, but he has a tendency to be a little more blunt. But I do agree with him, and I will stand my ground on the fact that you will not seperate us!" he states as he can feel himself tensing slightly, that was the only thing that worried him, was being seperated from Maddox. 

I'm going to place a large amount of money on Cabin 5 for parent. Lilythe thought to herself as she saw the sheer and utter aggression that the child seemed ready to unleash. Raising her hands in mock surrender, Lilythe smiled, "Whoa there tiger. I'm not separating anyone. Cabin leader just means that I run one of the cabins in the camp. The kids get sorted by their parents. Siblings have the same parents so they would never be separated." She could tell that she was going to have her work cut out with this one. Well... Dustin's going to... She internally smirked at the thought. "It's nice to meet you both. This is a camp for children of a mortal and a greek god. I run Cabin 11, the Hermes Cabin, and that happens to also be where you'll be staying for the night since we don't know who your godly parent is. Hermes is the god of travellers, so we house those of you who are 'travelling' until your parent claims you." She sat back in her chair. "See, not separated."

With a soft sigh. "Now... I'm sure you've had a rough trip, so I'm not going to let that start us off on the wrong foot. So let's try again... Please feel free to relax, have a cookie or two, and drink some lemonade. I'm here to answer any questions you might have. And when you're ready I can show you the camp."

• Like 1

Maddox couldn't help but scoff at his brother when he told him too not be so rude. He turned his head to the side and glanced at the other wall away from his brother and the new person that they were meeting. He didn't like being taken from a place that they knew. Well, even though they were there for a couple of months. Regardless. He liked what he liked, and this was different, so he didn't like it that much. He had a feeling that his brother had the same feeling, and he knew that but for him to not say it meant that he wasn't that worried about it to him, right? He brooded a little more as he crossed his arms a little over his chest.

His attention soon went to his brother as he felt him move to grab a drink. He watched closely as he took a drink. Nothing seemed to happen to him. So, he thought better of it and grabbed a cookie. Munching on it and grumbled a little when his brother introduced him to the woman, much like a cat when it's mad and eating. She could have gone without knowing who he was. Maddox didn't have the nickname Mad for no reason. He was always pretty easily to be set off. Prime example here. She had really done nothing wrong but talk to them. It was just who he was, something that he couldn't change. 

His eyes scanned the drinks and then his brother once more before going to the woman in front of them. She had put her hands up and then started talking. He listened to everything that she was saying. Something about being placed in her cabin until their godly parent claimed them. He blinked and shook his head. So, there were cabins that they were going to living in. He shook his head once again and then looked to his brother. So they weren't going to be separated at all. Since they were twin, they were going to have the same godly parent. Now just who would this godly parent be he wondered. Her last words grabbed his attention. Did he want to see the camp. Maybe he was a little curious. 

Mason could feel his brothers apprehension, not that he blamed him of it, he did feel a little worried about himself. His brother finally reaching for a cookie, gave way for a slight smile to come to his face as Maddox munched down it. He still didn't fully trust the lady sitting in front of him, but he didn't want to cause any issues if this was going to end up being their permanent home. As Lilythe spoke about being claimed by their godly parent, Mason couldn't help but wonder who their father could possibly be. He looked over to Maddox, giving him a nod of reassurance, wanting him to know that he can lighten up just a bit, even if stuff went a bad he was still there by his side. Being twins have its own special perks, like letting us quietly speak to each other, just using gestures. 

Maddox perked up ever so slightly, just enough for Mason to notice, at the mention of being shown around the camp. He took that feeling and ran with it, giving his twin a hard but not mean slap to the back "Come on then!" he says to his brother and Lilythe "Lets go see this camp" Mason comments standing to his feet, nudging his brother up onto his own feet.

Lilythe smiled as the boys seemed to settle down. She could already tell that they would be a handful. But she also knew that, much like some of the other campers before them, they probably hadn't really had a stable place to call home that felt safe. She had worked with that before, and would for as long as she was at Camp Half-Blood. As the boys said they were ready to tour the camp, she stood up from her seat. "This is The Big House. We're a bit literal here sometimes." Lilythe chuckled. "We always have a cabin leader up here to help greet new campers, and generally help Mr. D with things." She paused briefly before continuing. "Mr. D is the Dionysus. Greek god of Wine, Parties, and Madness. If you respect nobody else here, I'd recommend respecting him--no matter how disrespectful he is to you--or else you may very well find yourself turned into a strawberry plant." That was not an exaggeration. Mr. D was not exactly fond of the half-bloods to begin with, and any excuse to turn them into a plant was taken up at every opportunity. "And no, I'm not kidding."

Lilythe moved out to the porch and gestured towards the campgrounds. "Over there are the volleyball courts. And that building is for Arts and Crafts." Lilythe pointed to the courts and the greek-looking buildings off to the east of the house. "To the west are the strawberry fields, and only some of those plants are former campers." Lilythe said with a smile as she started walking down the steps, taking strides towards the grounds. As she walked up the trail, she gestured. "Over there are the Forge. The Hephaestus kids spend a lot of time there. Though anyone's welcome to help them." The boys didn't really seem the arts and crafts type, but maybe some metalwork would be up their alley. It was good to have a hobby around here, because things could get really boring otherwise when there weren't quests or events happening. "Behind the forge are the Pegasus stables and to the north is the Armory." Lilythe kept walking along the path, letting the boys follow her. "Up ahead we have the Arena where we practice our combat skills, and then just beyond that are the cabins. In the middle of all our cabins is a large bonfire. We gather every night before bed, sing some songs, roast marshmallows, and sometimes the godly parents claim their kids. And the showers are to the east of the cabins, and the mess hall is to the north."

Lilythe stopped along the path and gestured further up. "If you follow the path you come to a lake where we do some canoeing, the forest where we play capture the flag will be to the northwest of the cabins, and beyond the lake further up the path will be the Amphitheater and the Climbing Wall. The path ends at a beach, where the Long Island Sound is." Lilythe turned back around and faced the boys. "While you're here we'll train you to be heroes. So that you can protect yourself against the monsters that hunt you simply because you smell like the gods. You're not trapped here. You can leave at any time. But we have a magic boundary that helps protect us from the monsters here, and it's a safe place for you for as long as you want it." She offered a warm smile to the boys. "I know it may not feel like it yet, but I hope one day it feels like home." She genuinely meant it. After the wars, Lilythe had worked hard to foster an environment around camp that helped support one another and really keep the place safe for everyone. When she took over Cabin 11 from her half-brother Conner when he left to follow Travis at college, Lilythe had doubled those efforts to ensure that every camper had a warm welcome. Even the ones that were more rough around the edges. "You boys will be staying with me in Cabin 11, where the 'travellers' and children of Hermes reside. But I have a feeling your parent will claim you soon. You look like you'll be 13 soon, and they have to claim you before then." She reassured the boys. "Do you have any questions before I turn you loose?"

Maddox looked at the woman a little longer as he ate his cookie. He was a coming off his anger at the moment, now more curious about the fact that they were going to be living here now. A camp. He had heard of that before, but he was curious what the camp really had in in. Mason seemed to be over Mad crap and nudged him a little. He blinked a little and stood up on his own feet. He stepped into line with his brother. On his right side that was. The normal place where he stood. He listened to the woman... urrm.. Lilythe. He should maybe start using her name instead of woman all the time. She went on to tell them about the place that they were in, and he finally gave himself sometime to look around. Taking in everything that was here at the moment. she wasn't lying. It was a big house. His gaze finally found hers for a moment as he once again listened to her talking about a Mr. D. Greek god. So, there was a real god out here. His mouth went to open as to ask a question, but he soon closed it shut. He didn't want to ask anything to make this process any longer than it was going to be. She told them that it would be best to not disrespect him, or he could turn them into a strawberry plant. Maddon went to say that she was lying, but she went on and answered his question before he even asked it. So, this Mr. D had a temper like they did. Wonderful. 

Once they were on the porch, he was able to see what was behind the house. The campgrounds. His eyes went wide as he looked at all the people that were out and about there. There was a lot of people here. Kids his age and older campers. His eyes scanned the areas where she pointed to and he mentally keep them in his mind. Not that he was going to go over to them any time soon. He was a little curious though. Maybe he would take a walk around later. He glanced over to the strawberries and looked at them, having her telling them that only some of them were former campers. Mad couldn't help but laugh out loud at that fact. He wasn't going to be that stupid as to get turned into a strawberry plant. The so-called God wouldn't get the best of him. She began to walk, and the younger twin started to follow her, pulling his brother along with him. He didn't want to go anywhere without him at the moment. He wouldn't say that he was scared, however, it did bother him a little and he didn't want to be away from him at this point. The forge didn't seem like something up his alley, so he only looked at it and keep walking with Lilythe. However, when she said something about Pegasus, Maddox couldn't help but want to see that a little closer. Flying horses. That seemed like fun for him. Though what pulled him from his thoughts was the sound of steel hitting steel. He blinked up a little and noticed the arena that people were in, and he blinked a couple of times. This was interesting. He stepped up next to Lilythe as he watched the people fighting. "We get to do that?" he questioned out loud, knowing that they would, and it excited him a little more about being here. 

She went on about what was near, and he listened with open ears to it. Cabins. Now that was what got him curious. What cabin did he and his brother belong in. Her saying that while they were here, they would be trained as hero's. Maddox couldn't help but laugh a little but noticed that she was serious about it. He stopped for a second and then crossed his arms a little. "What if I'm not meant to be a hero?" he said curiously. What if he was meant to be the villain. That was something he had always wondered, with the way that he always got angry. When she brought up the monsters, he scoffed a little. Remembering the one that they had to fight. It was big, but there were more like that. He couldn't wait to get on them and kill them then. A smile came to his face as he thought of getting to kill the monsters. He couldn't wait for that to happen. He would train like there was no tomorrow. She went on to tell them that they would be staying in her cabin for a while, until they were claimed by their godly parent. Which had to be their father. It had to be because Momma G was their mom. That much they knew. She soon asked if they had any questioned and Maddox shook his head no to her before turning to his brother to make sure that he didn't have anything to ask either. He was wanting to wonder around the camp to try and figure out what it was all about. Maybe people watch a little. 

Mason followed step by step along side his brother, as he listened closely to everything Lilythe was saying and showing them. She pointed to the strawberry fields and her comment had him and his brother busting up laughing in unison. He couldn't help but wonder if that really was true or not, she didn't say she was joking, but Mason still had his doubts. Part of him wanted to meet this Mr. D and see for himself, but at the same time, if it is true, he really doesn't want to be a strawberry plant himself. As they continued, his thoughts ran a muck as she listed off all the possible things they could do there. "A forge" a smile came across Mason's face, as much as he loved the idea of using a weapon, he was also very interested in how they were made. They kept walking, his brother pulling him along when he stood a little to long staring off at everything. 

When they got to the arena, Mason's mouth dropped, as he watched two people clashing swords with each other. He definitely wanted to try that, he couldn't wait. He could hear his brother's excitement in his question, looking toward him, he smiled in agreement. Then Lilythe made a strange comment, something about training us to be hero's, and that's when his brother piped up. Mason shot him a look and then looked at Lilythe curious as to what she might say to that. Mason didn't really know how to take that, I mean his brother was right, what if we weren't meant to be, or maybe didn't want to be hero's, doesn't being a hero mean that we would have to help other?, he thought to himself. Of course he definitely wanted to fight monsters, and know how to protect his brother, but that's really the only person he feels he would want to protect. 

Lilythe finally drew him from his thought, when she asked if we had any questions. He looked to his brother and then back to her "Nah, I think we are good" he states, ready to be turned loose. He really wanted to the cabin he would be staying in, and then get to this bonfire in hopes that their father would claim them sooner rather than later.

The boys were fairly quiet during the tour. Lilythe wasn't going to complain. At least it kept them from having an attitude with her. She was convinced she knew exactly which cabin they would belong in. It would surprise her if they were anywhere else except there. So she just kept walking and giving the tour. It came as no surprise, however, when they got to the Arena that suddenly there seemed to be a bit of interest. "Yup! Every day." She said in reply to Maddox. The next question in his voice, made Lilythe pause. It wasn't the first time she had heard it. It likely wouldn't be the last. "I had a friend just like you once." She smiled softly, honesty clear on her face. "He was angry at the whole world. He thought that he was only good for fighting and causing problems. But you know what? He's one of our Cabin Leaders now, and he's turned into quite the young hero." She gave him a reassuring look, before continuing. "Your past doesn't define you. And you can be whatever you set your mind to. My favorite heroes are the ones who had to grow into it." Lilythe hoped her words helped to encourage him, rather than making him feel pressured. She could tell the boys must have had a rough go before they got here. They weren't the first, and they wouldn't be the last, but it was always so sad to see kids who felt like the world had given up on them already.

"So, just a reminder... You'll be staying with me in Cabin 11 tonight and until you're claimed. Your parent will claim you before your 13th birthday. While you're with me, I'll treat you just like I do all my half-brothers and half-sisters. You're family. If your parent isn't my dad, then after you leave? You're still family. Just now you're a cousin." Lilythe truly thought of all her campers as family, for the most part. "So you can always come find me if you need anything." She said with a smile. "But for now, sounds like you're ready to go adventure for a bit. We'll all meet at the bonfire after dinner. So I'll see you then!" And she gestured towards the camp letting them know they were free to head off if they wanted. She would linger around for a bit just in case they decided they had questions after all.

Important Information

Terms of Use