bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

The Old Gnarled Oak Tree

The Storyteller

oak-tree-2018822_1920.jpeg

Rpc 20) Spring your own trap!

Killian had spent most the time so far working on a trap to catch a few of the blue team in the tree. It was simple really, the net was on the ground and once someone, hopefully the blue team, walked over it. The trap would then be strung which would stop them from getting to their flag! Capturing more of the blue team one at a time. Smirking to himself he felt kind of impressed with himself that he had even done this but it would be in time to see if it worked well! Taking a break, killian was leaning on the tree taking a rest. Waiting to see if anyone would come his way!

-1-

RPC 20

Willow was kind of new to this whole 'seeing someone' thing. Her and Killian had only recently decided to give things a fair shot in their...whatever they were calling this. She hadn't quite accepted that it was a relationship, because she still had doubts that Killian could really commit. In a way, keeping it label free helped protect her if he turned out to be the person she was afraid he was. So far, however, things had been pretty great. He had been attentive, kind, and hadn't pressured her to do anything more than she was comfortable with. Very much the opposite of what she had expected from someone with his reputation. Willow was starting to think that maybe, just maybe, things might work out between the two of them.

Still, when they found out that they were on the same team for Capture the Flag this year, Willow had certain expectations. Especially after last year. She had anticipated that he would want to stick by her side and protect her again--if she was being honest, that was the beginning of when she developed feelings for him--so she was a little surprised when he darted off into the forest. For once, she was grateful that she paid attention when Lilythe would take them out and practice tracking, because she wasn't sure she would have been able to catch up to him otherwise. As she finally neared, she saw him leaning up against a tree. Unaware of the trap that he had laid, she stepped out and neared the trigger. "So...Are we not working together this year?" She said, pouting slightly and crossing her arms across her chest before moving slowly closer to the spring for the trap.

• Like 1

-2-

Killian looked up as Willow approached, a mix of surprise and guilt crossing his face as he heard her question. He had gotten so excited about it all that he forgot that him and willow were on the same team. He quickly straightened up, pushing himself away from the tree and stepping in front of her to block her path. "Hey, Willow," he said, his voice tinged with concern. "No, no, it's not like that. I just... I thought I'd try something different this year, you know? Shake things up a bit.........Plus I might have forgotten we were on the same team" He flashed her a sheepish smile, hoping to ease her disappointment. That was when he noticed Willow moving towards the trap when he jumped right in front of it....which triggered the darn thing. Which caused him to be sweeped up in a net high in the tree. "Ohhhhhhhhhhh my stars" he said as he bounce a bit in the net. 

As Killian began to apologize, Willow stopped pouting. She hadn't really been angry just a little disappointed since she thought being on the same team this year would mean that they would be able to work together. And part of her had hoped that he would be excited by that prospect. It had gently tugged on her fears that he might not be serious about them, and so she reacted probably a bit more intensely than she had really meant to. But seeing the guilt on his face made her realize she might have gone a little overboard with her pouting.

She barely had time to register all this, and definitely lacked time to acknowledge his apology, before Killian jumped right in front of her and nearly knocked her down. Within seconds he was up in the air in a net. Willow's eyes widened. "Killian! Are you okay?" She called up to him. "Let me get you down from there." Immediately she began looking for the rope for the trap to cut him down.

• Like 1

-3-

Killian chuckled nervously from his suspended position in the net, his voice slightly muffled. "I'm alright, Willow! Just a little caught up in my own trap here." He squirmed slightly, trying to find a more comfortable position. "No need to worry, I'll be fine." Honestly this was a wee bit funny as he had worked so hard to use this on the other team but ended up catching himself instead. Wondering what Vi would think of all this he looked down at Willow. She seemed to hurriedly search for the rope to cut him down, Killian's heart warmed at her concern. He had caused this mess, and yet here she was, ready to help him without hesitation. "Thanks, Willow," he called down, his voice filled with gratitude. "You're amazing....at least we know it works right?"

Willow barely listened to Killian as he tried to dismiss her concerns. Last year he had been injured by the myrmekes and pretended like he was fine, when she knew she had needed to heal him. Killian would do anything he could to try and keep a smile on her face, even if that meant lying about how he was doing, and she knew that. So she just kept looking for the rope to lower him down. When she finally found it, she untied it and gently lowered him back to the ground. "I don't know if I'm amazing, but I wasn't going to let you pretend like it was fine to just leave you up there." She smiled softly at him, her cheeks blushing from his words. "Are you sure you're okay? That had to be pretty uncomfortable." She pressed a hand against his cheek.

• Like 1

-4-

When he saw her find the rope he tried not to move too much as she lowered him. Trying to not move as much as to get tangled in his net. Killian couldn't help but feel his heart swell with affection as Willow pressed her hand against his cheek. He leaned into her touch, feeling a sense of warmth and comfort enveloping him. "I'm sure, Willow, just a wee bit shocked and shaken up" he replied, his voice filled with genuine reassurance. "I'm just glad you were here to bring me back down to earth." He looked at her eyes, his eyes expressing the depth of his gratitude and affection. "You always see through my attempts to brush things off, don't you?" he chuckled softly. "Thank you for caring, for being there for me." Killian reached up, placing his hand over Willow's, keeping it against his cheek. "You're more amazing than you realize, Willow. You bring light into my life.......Want to help me reset this trap for the other team?"

RPC #20

Willow blushed as Killian spoke. "Well... I don't know about always but... I know when it comes to me you'd lie if you had a broken leg, and tell me you could stand, just to keep from seeing me sad." She said honestly. She softly bit her lower lip, and looked back into his eyes as his hand went over hers. "Yeah. Let's get that done." She said blushing, as she pulled her hand out from beneath his. If she was being honest, she wasn't really interested in the game. But spending time with Killian, she could enjoy that.

The pair stepped cautiously, starting to reset the trap, careful not to trip themselves up into it. Perhaps they'd get lucky and capture someone from the other team this time. But even if they didn't, at least they had done this together.

-End-
  • Like 1

The Storyteller

After having their flag captured, the Red team was given a new directive, they were to head out to the Eastern Edge of the Forest and set their flag within it. The team trekked through the forest and managed to set their flag in a well hidden location. Hopefully it would be protected well enough to prevent the blue team from finding it once more. 

Flag-red-icon.png

Miro was sneaking around the base of the red flag, he was still hiding in the branches and he wanted a new point for his team, he wanted, he had to, he just hoped he didn't run into someone he cared about... he felt a This idea, he had never tried his powers during the previous captures the flag, but only from the fact that he didn't trust and didn't want to be discovered almost immediately because he didn't know how to control them. He has done a lot of training every day since he arrived at the field and wanted to try. Since he wasn't too bad with weapons, having followed the fights in the arena and in the lessons, he decided to shapeshift into an Ares boy, hoping he would do the trick and take the flag with less danger, although he wasn't afraid to fight. It took him a few seconds to transform but he was ready and ran towards the flag.

Liam was near the flag but not too close as he was still fighting some of the monsters that had come his way. Him and his brother Benji had been having a good time for sure! That was when he heard a bird call that one of his team mates must have done to alert them to the flag. Running he got there in time when he saw that Aphrodite camper Miro! "Not so fast" he smirked as he stood in between him and the flag!

Miro suddenly stopped when he saw that Ares boy coming towards him and positioning himself in front of the flag, he forced himself to have a resolute position, straightened his back and prepared himself for any others by pulling out the knife. Forgetting nothing of his lessons in his youth, he was somewhat in awe of her, but he distracted himself by hardening his gaze and swinging his knife. "Liam Santos, right? I'm not afraid of you, I'll take that flag..."

Liam did not know too much about this child of Aphrodite but most of those children were only good for one thing! Well he would never say that out loud as Novalie would kill him if he did!!!! Anyways back to the "fight" they were about to have. He arrogantly smirked as he said his name "Good you know my name....I don't need you to be afraid of me child of loveee.....I just need you to know I am your worst nightmare" holding his hand out, he did the hand sign of BRING IT ON! He swung his sword as he was ready for the attack!  

Miro started to attack him, returning to his normal form, but he knew that Liam was bigger and stronger than him so, after working out a strategy, he observed the trees surrounding the battlefield, after all it was a forest. Quickly he hid behind one of them and turned in a circle, always being hidden by the bush, he changed his face and his entire features in darker tones, to hide better, as soon as he saw a crack he attacked it with moves combined with his knife and he methodically repeated the operation, he was a spy, not a field fighter, and put his skills to good use. To defeat Liam it took a huge effort and he was determined, he was working hard. He decided to keep quiet so as not to reveal his whereabouts.

Liam's eyes narrowed as he watched Miro disappear behind the trees, his form blending into the shadows. He knew he had to be careful; underestimating an opponent was never a wise move. Liam tightened his grip on his sword, his muscles tense as he scanned the surroundings, searching for any sign of movement. He circled around the flag, his steps cautious yet deliberate, wary of any surprise attacks. As he moved, his eyes darted from tree to tree, trying to catch a glimpse of Miro's elusive figure. He couldn't let Miro outsmart him in his own territory. With each passing moment, Liam's determination grew stronger, fueled by the challenge Miro presented. He focused his senses, honing in on the faintest sound or disturbance in the forest. Liam knew he had to stay alert if he wanted to emerge victorious in this game of wits and skill.

Miro continued his little game with Liam, but the priority was to take the flag, so as he attacked him he made his clothes tighter, almost tying them on his body, to try to block his movements. He shifted to his real self  "Don't underestimate me just because I'm a son of Aphrodite, I know you think so… I can fight too!" and then he surprised him with some mixed martial arts moves. He didn't disdain to fight when there was a need, he knew there were hundreds of people better than him, but he wasn't doing badly.

Liam's eyes widened in surprise as Miro swiftly shifted to his real form, shedding the façade of vulnerability. The sudden display of mixed martial arts moves caught him off guard, forcing him to react quickly. He deflected Miro's attacks. Liam admired Miro's determination, realizing he had underestimated the son of Aphrodite's combat skills. "Impressive but you will have to do more than hide in your shapeshifting to get the flag," Liam grunted through gritted teeth, his focus intensifying. He knew he couldn't afford to hold back any longer. 

He could see Liam's gaze, now the son of Ares was being serious, you could read it in his eyes, Miro could see the fire inside them. "I may not be able to win by always hiding... but I'll find the way to overcome you, just enough to get the flag back!" he transformed into a grown man with quite a lot of muscle mass, perfect to go against Liam, and began to use his knowledge of mixed martial arts to engage in battle, parrying Liam's blows and trying to use the knife when he identified points blind in his defense. His eyes turned red from all the determination he was putting into overcoming a better opponent than him.

Liam watched as Miro transformed into a formidable figure, matching his own strength. He couldn't deny the determination and resilience in Miro's eyes. As Miro evaded and parried his blows, Liam felt a surge of respect for his opponent. This battle had become more than just a competition for the flag; it was a test of skill and willpower. Liam focused on his own technique, adjusting his strategy to counter Miro's movements. With each clash of their weapons, he could feel the intensity of the fight escalating. Sweat dripped down his forehead as he pushed himself to the limit, refusing to let Miro best him. "You've got some fight in you," Liam acknowledged, his voice filled with a mix of admiration and determination. He tightened his grip on his sword, channeling every ounce of his strength into his attacks, aiming to break through Miro's defenses and protect the flag.

Hailey tried once more on the flag as she wanted to give it her all in this event. She knew she could do i especially that she had good physical and stamina. She also has a light power so she would be safe, hopefully. She walked towards the flag while seeing some others from her team already there for the capture. She was proud of them all the time, and being one of the Irises, she could send messages whenever and wherever she can. She sneaked towards the flag while the others tend to their fights. Hopefully she could succeed as she was quick as well. 

Liam turned when he thought he saw another going for the flag out of the corner of his eye. Ohhhhh another team blue member who was trying to be sneaky. He wished they would just stand and fight! That was the only way to be proud as a demi-god. Turning he faced her. "Oh nooo you will have to fight me too " he raised an eye brow. Liam was ready to take on 2 demi-gods at once if he had too. Would anyone else on his team show? 

Hailey was ready to capture the flag all time and all day. She knew how she could fight the other team with her strength, but she was no match to some of the strongest demigods at camp. She only does some training in classes and her free time. She turned as the Ares boy blocked her attempt and she had to fight him for that. Bracing herself she was not ready to back down yet.  "Aye sir, I will." She grinned at the consistent boy but she had to prepare as she had to fight an Ares.

Liam locked eyes with the new opponent, a formidable Ares demigod. He couldn't help but feel a surge of adrenaline coursing through his veins. This was what he had trained for, what he had prepared himself mentally and physically. He took a step forward, a smirk playing on his lips. "Let's see what you've got," he challenged, his voice oozing confidence. Liam tightened his grip on his weapon, ready to face the Ares demigod head-on. The flag could wait; right now, the thrill of the battle consumed him. He hoped that his fellow teammates would join him soon, for together, they would prove their worth as true demigods.

Hailey had no weapon but she could continue her combat using her hands and feet. She had got this, as she had multiple trainings and of course a lot of exercises everyday. Even if she was an Iris she knew when and how to stay healthy and fit. She ate a lot as well and kept a good diet. She wasn’t just an artist after all.  "Hmmm not only you Ares are good at fighting btw.” She was confident , as much as she did in her art. She had been learning a lot of new things and she could finally put it to use. She raised her hands in combat position ready to take any attack from him. Then she gave in first with a high kick towards the boy.