bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Let's Grow Together

3 years ago in the Summer 

Dahlia's heart raced as she walked through the sprawling cabins of Camp Half-Blood, her eyes filled with a mixture of wonder and apprehension. The day had been a whirlwind of emotions, as she had been forcibly separated from her father and whisked away to this mysterious camp by her loyal satyr friend. Her mind still struggled to process the reality of it all. But upon entering the cabin she would forever call home. She saw Demeter etched at the top as she entered into the cabin. Taking in the lovely view, she found herself feeling lost and lonely. 

Hoping to connect with those in the cabin she wondered around as she talked to the half-siblings she had that were in their rooms. Finding herself outside a door labeled "Silvio," Dahlia hesitated for a moment, her small hand trembling as she mustered the courage to knock. She took a deep breath, her brown eyes darting nervously around the cabin's hallway, before she rapped her knuckles against the wooden surface. "Hello........my name is Dahlia I was claimed as your half sibling.....I just wanted to meet" her voice was trembling a bit as she was still coming down from the craziness of the day. 

@ Silvio Suarez

It had been two years now since ‘the incident’ and Silvio’s arrival at Camp Half-Blood. The room he was offered to stay in Cabin 4 is his home now and were filled with things that had traces of him. A shelf filled with books, pots filled with flowers sat by the window sill, clothes neatly hanged and folded inside his wardrobe, a leftover plate with pieces of crumb were on his study desk, next to it a dirty mug with coffee stains around its mouth, and the disheveled bed where a blanket were left unfolded, two pillows arranged awkwardly while Silvio himself rested his head on one of it, his eyes focused on the book he was reading in his hands. 

Then there was a knock at the door. Which was a bit odd. He looked at the watch on the wall, he didn’t have any responsibilities he needed to carry out in the next few hours, he had all the time for himself. 

Reluctantly, he sighed and dropped the book, a thumb place between the pages as to mark where he had left off. The weight of his body felt heavier than usual but he still managed to lift himself off the bed and walked to the door, book still in one hand. He opened the door to see who it was. 

He looked down to see a girl, much younger than him. He had never seen her before. Then what she said next explained why he hadn’t seen her before.

“Oh,” he sounded briefly as he studied her. “Cool name,” he said. “You can call me Silvio. Has anyone showed you the way around here?” he introduced himself. He looked left and right down the corridors, Dahlia seemed to be all by herself and there was just a tiny bit of worry and care in him that wanted to make sure she was alright.

• Like 1

Dahlia's heart fluttered nervously as the door swung open to reveal Silvio standing before her. His response instantly put her at ease, and she found herself feeling a glimmer of hope amidst the loneliness that had enveloped her. "Um, hi," she stammered, her voice barely audible. "Thank you for opening the door. I ummm found anyone to show me around....lilythe just dropped me off." She shifted her weight from one foot to the other, her gaze shifting between Silvio and the unfamiliar surroundings of the cabin. Dahlia's mind raced with a multitude of thoughts. She couldn't shake the memory of being forcefully separated from her father, the panic that had gripped her as she was brought to the camp, and the overwhelming weight of being claimed as a child of Demeter. The traumatic events of the day still haunted her, leaving her feeling small and vulnerable. 'I... I don't know if I can do this,' she thought to herself, her inner voice trembling with fear. 'Everything happened so fast. I miss my dad. I miss home. What if I can't fit in here? What if I'm not strong enough for all the challenges that lie ahead?' Closing her eyes she opened then back up to look at Silvio. "How .....How did you handle coming here?" her voice was full of emotion as she looked at him as if her eyes were searching for the answer in him. 

Of course Lilythe had just dropped her off, she didn't know the ways around the cabin. Usually, the cabin leader would give the newcomers a tour around camp. But the Demeter cabin had been lacking in residents lately and the cabin leader seemed to always be missing in action. Silvio did hear before that Demeter rarely have kids. Guess that was not just a rumour.

Then there was momentary silence, judging by how she looked and how her body shifted Silvio could tell that she was thinking about something. That was when she hit him with the question. Silvio's face remained unchanged. His expression unreadable. He just looked at the poor girl in front of her. But not for long, as he then threw the book he had in his hand on his bed, walked out and closed the door to his room. 

"Follow me," he said to Dahlia as he walked past her and towards the main entrance. Expecting her to follow him. She was lost, in more ways than one. 

He was striding at considerable speed; he was focused on just getting there. If Dahlia were to ask him anything he would not say anything. He was walking towards the forest. 

When he was deep enough inside the forest, he would stop; and laid his back on the ground, eyes closed. "Do as I do,".

Silvio would breathe in the air around him. It smelled of grass and tree barks. He would feel the rough roots, cold dirt and soft grass against his skin. He could hear the rustling of the leaves and the whispers of trees as it grows. He was connecting himself to his roots, to nature, to his origins. It made him feel belonged. 

• Like 1

Dahlia's eyes widened in surprise as Silvio abruptly walked out of his room, leaving the door ajar. Confusion mingled with her already tumultuous emotions, but her curiosity propelled her to follow him. She hesitated for a moment before stepping outside the room and quickly catching up to him, matching his hurried pace. "Ohhh okay" she said as she felt a bit confused but hoped he would do his best to help her. 

Silvio led her through the camp. They passed by cabins, training areas, and other demigods engrossed in their activities. The weight of Dahlia's questions hung in the air, but Silvio remained silent. But she felt so out of it that she didn't even know where to begin when it came to this camp. It was fresh and new to her. But it almost felt like a dream as she was with her dad not too long ago. Soon, they entered the serene embrace of the forest. The atmosphere shifted, and Dahlia felt a sense of calm wash over her as the canopy of trees enveloped them. Silvio finally came to a stop and lay down on the ground, his eyes closed. Uncertain, Dahlia followed suit, mimicking his actions. This place gave her a sense of being at home for some reason. More than even Japan did.....how could that be? 

Dahlia's fears and anxieties gradually faded into the background as she immersed herself in the present moment. The gentle breeze whispered through the leaves, the earth beneath her grounded her. She took a deep breath, filling her lungs with the fresh scent of nature. In that moment, she felt a profound connection to the world around her. "This place is so nice" she said as she looked around. "Dddddo you come here a lot?

Silvio was not used to being there, doing this grounding thing, alone. It was weird to have a voice, talking to him. He didn't know if he liked it or not. Not being alone was nice, but he also liked his alone time. Nevertheless, it was still nice. 

"Whenever I feel lost," he answered. Not delving much more into the question. 

"Do you know why you were brought here?" he asked as they laid there on the cold dirt soaking in the warm sunrays that peaked through the partings of leaves.

• Like 1

Silvio responded, a mixture of curiosity and uncertainty filled Dahlia's mind. She shifted her gaze from the trees above to Silvio beside her, pondering his question. "I... I don't really know," she admitted, her voice tinged with a hint of sadness. "Something about being a child of Demeter. My dad... he told me I'm special, but I never imagined it would lead me here. It's all so overwhelming." The weight of her father's absence bore down on her, and she found solace in the nature that surrounded them. The sounds of birds chirping and leaves rustling seemed to offer a comforting melody. "But being here, in this forest, it feels like I belong," she continued, her voice growing softer. "It's like I've always been connected to nature, even before I knew about this world of gods and demigods. I just... I don't know where I fit in yet." Dahlia could feel the tears welling up in her eyes as she began to wipe them away. Would she ever find her dad again or would he be lost or maybe worse ...killed from the monsters. Part of her struggled to understand why any of this was okay but she was here now. 

His face was stoic as he listened. But he understood, he understood so well. He remembered the day he lost his father. How he felt lost, scared and confused; Overwhelmed by it all. As if the world was looming and closing in on him. A balmy breeze past through and rustled the leaves again, oh how he loved that sound. It soothed the storms brewed in his soul. 

There was a lot of things that Silvio could say. But he was not sure what to say. He was not sure if there were any right words that he could say at that moment. But he knew just the thing he'd do that would feel right. He began to sing, 

"Light of home,

I feel like I'm falling I've just got

to close my eyes and I'm looking for something

to recognize."

He started, his voice was naturally high for a male, giving a sweet melody to it, a bit melancholic yet it was smooth as silk.

"The light of home,

burned out and dark now.

You held me captive,

a thief that takes it all from me.

No more.

A love not to return.

Light of home."

He finished. Still staring at the branches of leaves above. He did not feel like moving yet. He simply wanted to stay there for a little while longer, until he feels alright to get back with the rest of society. He hoped that through the song he just sang, Dahlia would feel her feelings. He didn't want her to bottle up and die inside, like he did.

Edited by Silvio Suarez
  • Like 1

Dahlia's heart swelled with emotions as she listened to Silvio's heartfelt song. The melancholic yet soothing melody resonated deep within her, echoing her own feelings of loss and longing. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she allowed herself to be enveloped by the rawness of the moment, the vulnerability of their shared experiences. Silvio's words, though few, carried a weight that spoke volumes. It was as if he understood the depths of her pain and the importance of releasing those emotions. In that moment, Dahlia felt seen and heard, a connection forged through the words he sang. She couldn't help but feel grateful for his presence, for his ability to touch her soul with his music. Wiping her eyes she sat there as she let herself feel the sadness and weight of the day. "Thank you" she said in almost a whisper......."I" she began to try and say but more tears streamed down her cheeks "I am sorry for whatever you went through" she said looking over at him with the pain still in her eyes. "I hope one day I can be there for you as you have been for me" the words hung in the air as she did not want to push him to tell her things he might not want too. 

Despite everything he had done until that point. Silvio was not really good at dealing with emotions. One might even say that his coping mechanisms were not healthy at all. But when it comes to other people, he just couldn't help but to empathize and try his best. But when Dahlia started crying, he did not know what to do. He had never been in a situation where he was with a person crying, he rarely, if ever, cried as well, so seeing her tears, made him froze.

Silvio could only stare into the thickness of the woods as her half-sister apologizing for what he had to go through and offered her shoulders if he needed to. He did not know how to response. He was quiet. He opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out. 

He tried again, "As the seasons change, you'll learn how to live with it," he looked at her for only a moment. 

He stood up and brushed off the dirt from his clothes, "I have errands to run now, you can stay here as long as you want. I'll see you at the cabin," he smiled before he walked off. 

Maybe he did have errands to run, or maybe he was running from his emotions, again. 

Dahlia watched as Silvio stood up, his words lingering in the air. The conflicting emotions in her heart were mirrored by the uncertainty on his face. She understood that they both had their own battles to face, their own wounds to heal. As he walked away, she couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness, realizing that she might not have been able to fully reach him in that moment.

Taking a deep breath, Dahlia remained seated on the ground, surrounded by the embrace of nature. The tears on her cheeks began to dry, and a newfound strength flickered within her. She knew that healing wouldn't happen overnight, for either of them. But she was determined to be there for Silvio, just as he had been there for her. With a renewed sense of purpose, Dahlia slowly stood up, the forest whispering its encouragement. She would honor their shared connection and support Silvio in her own way. As she made her way back to the cabin, she carried with her a glimmer of hope and a commitment to be a pillar of strength for her newfound sibling.

THE END

Important Information

Terms of Use