bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

The Sweet Taste of Revenge

Tempest Truett

Tempest stood on the sidelines of the bustling camp, watching as the unsuspecting couple prepared for the cook-off. The duo, Isolde and Hector, were admired for their culinary prowess and were smug about it, a trait that rubbed Tempest the wrong way. Not to mention, they both were so utterly and disgustingly in love that it made her stomach turn. She recalled overhearing them sweetly jest about their winning streak and promising to celebrate their impending victory with a moonlit dinner. That was what sparked the idea; a wicked grin spread across her face as she thought about how that romantic dinner was going to turn into a disaster.

She turned to face her little brother Derrick. "Listen, Derrick," she began, her tone serious but also a bit excited. "We have a job to do. You know Isolde and Hector, right? Camp's sweethearts and everyone's favorite chefs?" She gestured at the couple who were now deeply engrossed in their meal preparations. "I think they need to be taught a little lesson about humility. And about how fleeting love can be when you're...indisposed," she added, the hint of a smirk appearing on her lips. She held out a small container filled with laxatives, her electric blue eyes sparkling with mischief. "I need you to help me replace some ingredients with these. It's a short timeframe, and we need to be stealthy. What do you say? Help your older sis out?" She could just imagine the chaos that was about to ensue, the familiar thrill of potential drama fueling her resolve. She had a point to prove, and she was going to use every resource she had...including her little brother.

@ Derrick Raines

• Like 1

Derrick was so happy to be by his sister, maybe it was the fact that most of the others had ignored him for so long that he was desperate to try and connect to another sibling. Azrael was great but he was distracted a bit lately so he felt a little lost. Even Octavia had been off with her brother James so he found himself wondering the camp. But today he was with Tempest, from what he could tell she was one of the ones that got a huge thirst for revenge. So looking eager eyed he watched his sister intently. He paid good attention as she talked about the two campers. I mean he hadn't really cared much about them but his sister seemed too. "If If I do will you keep letting me hang out with you?" He thought tempest was one of the cool people in the cabin so he wanted to stay on her good side, even if he didn't get her reasoning! 

Tempest felt a slight pang of guilt at her little brother's words. His wide-eyed innocence made her question her motive for a moment, but she quickly brushed the sentiment aside. She needed him, and in a twisted way, he needed her too. Being the 'cool' older sister did have its perks, after all. "Oh sweet Derrick you're my brother," she began, her voice softer than usual. "I'll keep hanging out with you as long as you remain useful. Deal?" Tempest winked at him playfully, but she knew her words held a lot more weight than she let on. The admission might have sounded harsh, but she had always been brutally honest. It was the only way she knew how to be.

Her mind then quickly shifted back to the task at hand. For her plan to succeed, she'd need Derrick to do more than just assist with ingredient swapping. She needed a distraction, something grand enough to pull all eyes on him. "Alright, here's the next part of the plan. I need you to cause a big distraction. The bigger, the better. Anything that will get everyone's eyes on you. While they're busy gawking, I'll be able to sneak into the Big House undetected." Tempest was treading on dangerous grounds, but the prospect of seeing the haughty couple's faces when their world turned upside down was too sweet to pass. As she watched Derrick, she thought to herself that he was a good kid, a great fighter, but he was still new to all this. Still, she couldn't back out now. "Think you can handle it?" she asked.

• Like 1

All he knew was that he just wanted to be around his cool older sister . Derrick nodded, his excitement mixed with a bit of nervousness. The idea of causing a distraction sounded both thrilling and nerve-wracking. But he was determined to prove his worth to his sister and show that he could be useful. "Yeah, I can do it, Tempest. I'll make sure everyone's looking at me," he replied with newfound determination. He didn't want to let her down, and if this was what it took to stay on her good side, he was ready to go all out. Maybe then she would spend more time with him so he could be included with the cabin a bit more!!!

"Got it, sis. I'll give them a show they won't forget," he replied with a grin, his excitement overshadowing any lingering doubts. He began to think about how he could create the distraction – that was when it came to him. Running into the cabin he began to scream "FIRE THERE IS A FIRE ON MY BACK HELP" he called out as he got the attention of the two as he ran through the house so fast they didn't get a good look at him as they began to run after him to help. 

• Like 1

Tempest's eyes widened, taken aback by the extreme nature of Derrick's distraction. "Holy cow he goes hardcore!" she mumbled to herself. A part of her felt a surge of pride; he was committed, brave and inventive. However his stunt was riskier than she'd anticipated, she better not get in trouble for any of this. She was about to yell out to him, to call him back, but that would jeopardize the plan. Instead, she took a deep breath steeling herself. She thought, "Alright, Tempest, focus. This is the chance you've been waiting for." With the camp's attention firmly planted on the 'fire' and her brother's faux panic, she quickly made her move towards the Big House.

As she stealthily approached the building she could hear the distant shouts and commotion from campers responding to Derrick's alarm. Her hands trembled slightly as she entered the Big House searching for the right ingredients to swap. Tempest had always loved the thrill of a good scheme, but involving her little brother, seeing him in action, added another layer to the experience. She worked quickly making the necessary exchanges all while hoping Derrick would be alright after his daring ruse. He was her brother after all and even if she wouldn't admit it out loud she did feel a little responsible for him. "He's proving himself today," she thought. This was their adventure and Tempest was determined to make sure it was one they'd never forget. Hopefully Derrick remembered to quietly make his way back to her once he escaped...

• Like 1

Derrick's heart raced as he continued his act, weaving through the house as he ran back out the front door. He could feel the eyes of the other campers on him, their gasps as they followed him. He couldn't help but wonder if his sister was watching. Would Tempest be prod of him??? Would this mean that she would spend more time with him??? As he reached the area outside, he finally slowed down, taking a moment to catch his breath. But when they came to where he was outside he dropped to the ground as he rolled. The two campers that she wanted to mess with were with him which should give her good time to do what she needed to do. "Ohhhhh that was so scary" he said looking up at them with big eyes. Trying to get them to stay there as they checked him for damage. "I think...well I think I am okay but lets look just to make sure" playing the part until the very end. 

His eyes looking towards the big house to see if she would signal to him that she was done so he would then run away. That was when he saw his half sister, nodding he then got up. "Well don't worry about me you know" laughing nervously he then walked backwards. "I will just see myself to the apollo cabin....ohhhh no you don't need to walk me." But then before they could say anything else he ran away. The two campers shrugged and then walked back into the house muttering how weird that was. But circling around, Derrick found his way back to the side of the house. 

• Like 1

Tempest felt a rush of relief wash over as she caught sight of Derrick successfully diverting Isolde and Hector away from the Big House. Her younger brother had not only managed to distract them but had also masterfully held their attention, giving her ample time to swap out the ingredients. I really need to take him on more of these, she thought to herself. She quickly stashed the container of laxatives into her pocket and replaced it with similar-looking herbs from the kitchen shelves. Her heart pounded in her chest, but not from anxiety; it was the exhilarating feeling of pulling off a risky plan, challenging the status quo, that made her feel so alive. It was a strange sense of triumph that she didn't often share with others, but in that moment, she was grateful to share it with Derrick.

As she glanced out the window and caught Derrick's eye, she nodded, signaling him that she had completed the task. She watched as he masterfully extricated himself from the situation, his acting impeccable. Tempest loved that she could exploit his desire to spend time with her like this. But as she watched him return, her eyes locking onto his, she felt a new sense of bond forming between them. He had proven himself resourceful and brave, and she couldn't deny the feeling of pride that welled up within her. Quickly exiting the Big House she met her rendezvous with Derrick"You did good," she said. It was a simple statement but coming from her it was high praise. "Ok, time for your promised payment. We can hangout and do anything you'd like to do, whatever that even is for boys your age. So what'll it be...little brother?"

• Like 1

Looking through the window to the inside of the house where the prank that Tempest had laid was waiting for the two he had helped trick. Made Derrick feel a little bit guilty. He did not understand why his sister was this way but he really wanted her to like him and spend time with him. Trying to not think about it too much he looked back at his half sister with a mixture of excitement and pride. He couldn't believe that she had just called him 'little brother.' It made him feel all warm and fuzzy inside. "Thanks, Tempest," he said, unable to contain his smile. "I'd love to hang out with you. Maybe we could go explore the woods together or have a mini adventure. Or axe throw" Derrick couldn't wait to spend more time with his half-sister and bond with her in a way he had never imagined before. Starting to walk towards the cabin they called home, he waved her to follow him. Hoping whatever it was they did he was just happy to have her by his side! "What do you think?" his voice was one that was uncertain as he did not want to disappoint her and then her walk away.....that would be super sad. 

Important Information

Terms of Use