bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Here's To Never Growing Up

Aislynn O'Neil

It didn't take long for another camper to come around to her side. It was Helena if she could remember right. She had met the child of Aphrodite a couple of times in passing. She had never had anything bad to say about the girl. So when she welcomed her back to camp she smiled brightly at her. "Thanks." She said happily though she looked at James, he was still playing that game. What did a girl have to do to get him to dance with her? She turned her attention back to Helena as she started speaking again. "University is great. Although, I'm thinking about taking a little bit of a break. Maybe a year or so." She told the younger girl. However, it wasn't set in stone just yet, she was honestly curious about the whole thing. She had to wonder what her friends would think about it. She needed a break from all the studying she had been doing. It wasn't easy at all for her. She watched Helena grab a drink and of course, she couldn't help but do the same thing. Taking a sip of hers. "So do you need me to help you get the boys off or something?" She asked curiously as she had watched the boys all over her for a moment. She knew that sometimes it could be overwhelming to have that happening. 

• Like 1

The game was getting good as he was about to deal his next card to himself which he ended up getting a jack which was now him getting 20. A smirk on his face got even more curvy as he looked around at the brave souls who dare to take him on in this game of chance. Ohhh if only his mother was looking down on him, maybe he would win it all tonight but then again maybe the others had a chance. So when he heard that Mateo as for another hit, he was shocked but the guy wanted to test his luck for sure. So doing the next card he pulled a card for matoe showing an ACE. "OHHHH what luck" he said looking shocked from the card to Mateo to see his reaction. Then looking around to the others he tried to see if anyone else wanted to challenge but it didn't seem to. "Seems like Mateo beat me for once, pay up" he said to everyone as he reached for his own money to pay the winner. 

But seeing his clear time to get up "Well if you can excuse me boys, I have a date with a sun child" he laughed getting up. He would love to play more to test the boundaries of it all but Larissa was there. He would want to spend time with her since it had been such a long time. Walking up to her, he tried to act cool as she was one to get your heart racing. "Sooo want to dance?" he asked her, looking from Helena to Larissa. 

• Like 1

Mateo was pretty sure that the child of luck was going to win this game and the man was pretty sure that he was going to as well. However, he seemed shocked that Mateo would call for another hit. It was a low number so of course, if he got a higher number he was going to leave it there. He watched in slow motion as James flipped over an ace and the Hecate child jumped up. "Holy shit." He said as he looked at James. He had won the game. There was no way. However, he didn't wait too long to gather all the money that he had won. He placed it in his pocket and smirked a little. "Good game." he mused happier than he had ever been. He was just about to see if he wanted to play again when James said that he had a date with a sun child and left them. Curious as to who he was talking about, he watched as he walked over to Larissa and smirked. Everyone knew something was going on between the two. They were just too close to each other. 

He glanced around again this time losing his girl until he noticed that she was right next to Larissa and James herself. Blinked a bit. He stood back and watched her for a moment before heading over there to her. It seemed that she was pretty bored and wanted to do something. So he would give her that. Maybe even dance with her. That would keep all the guys away from her. For some reason, he didn't like that fact at all. Once he got over to her, he bent down to whisper in her ear. "Are we bored little one?" he asked before saying, "Wanna go dance?" 

• Like 1

Lena sipped on her new cup of jungle juice and listened as Larissa began talking about college life. "A break? Really?" Helena was surprised. Half the time, before her newfound lover decided to give her the time of day, she thought a ticket out of here was just what she needed. College seemed like a great place to go to escape it all. "Just not feeling it, or...?" She chuckled a bit as Larissa asked if she needed help getting the boys off of her. "Actually, a bit of yes and a bit of no. There's one boy whose attention I wouldn't mind keeping." Lena gave a subtle nod in Mateo's direction. "I think I finally have it." She smiled and bit her lip softly as she did so. Anyone who had been paying attention to Helena over the years knew that she had been head over heels for him since she arrived at camp. So it was no surprise that she was on cloud nine now that he was interested in her too.

It wasn't long, however, before James made his way over and asked Larissa to dance. Lena was surprised at how quickly that had happened. I didn't even have to do anything... She had been planning to try and make this very thing happen. Yet here James was, without her even having to lift a finger to make it happen. I certainly won't complain. Helena grinned as she sipped from her drink once more. 

She had been so caught up in watching James and Larissa, that she didn't realize when Mateo walked up until he whispered in her ear. Immediately, she blushed and turned to face him. "Yeah... you left me." She pouted playfully at him. However, all was forgiven as he said the next words. "Really?" Her eyes widened and she set her drink down on the table. "Of course I do!" She beamed and then kissed him deeply.

As her lips left his, she grabbed his hand and began to lead him out onto the dance floor. Then she called out to Aislynn"Turn it up!"

• Like 2

"Aye, aye captain." Aislynn chuckled as Helena called out to her. It was great to see so many of the campers participating in the party. She was actually surprised that nobody had attempted to close it down yet. Parties in her cabin weren't uncommon. What was uncommon was the ones that she threw lasting very long. Aislynn had both sides of her father in her, and as a result was often a lot more reckless than some of her siblings. Her parties often got more wild than people were willing to put up with. So far, however, it seemed like things were staying fairly tame. It was disappointing things weren't a little more wild, but at least it let the party keep going. 

Aislynn strummed once more on her guitar and kicked up the volume on her amp. "This one goes out to all the people who make each other smile."

• Like 1

The girl seemed to be a little surprised by her forthcoming. When Rissa thought about it as well it shocked her too. But it was something that she wanted to do. She needed to get away from Kyle there. "Oh no, I love it there. I just needed some time away for a bit, you know. So much seriousness to much at a time." She laughed a little as she took a sip of her drink. She watched the girl chuckle a little with her question and turned around just in time to see James flip a card to the other camper that Helena was nodding to. "OH, I see." She mused turning back to the young girl and was just about to say something else to her when a voice came into their conversation. 

She turned to James with a bright smile. He had asked her to dance with him. "Of course." She grinned happily as she grabbed his hand just in time to see the man that Helena motioned to come up. She threw the girl a wink before turning her attention to James once again. "So, about that dance?" She questioned as she pushed herself self against him, trying to move around him and the other that was around them. She pulled on his hand and headed to the dance floor. Just as she got there, she used his hand to spin herself around and she smirked up at him as she began to dance around. 

• Like 1

James loved a good game for sure which you never knew who's luck would win out. For the most part it had been his but this night, Mateo was the winner who took all! Seeing the happiness on the man's face as he took his prize money. James moved fast as to not waste any time for anyone else to capture his beautiful sun demi-god. Well she wasn't HIS per say but he would try to change that this summer. Making his way across the room he felt super excited as he knew this night had so much in store for it. With a smile from Helena to Rissa, he waited to hear her response about dancing together. Rissa took his hand, he loved the feeling of hers in his. Helena called for it to be turned up which made him laugh as she pushed herself against him. "Anything for you" he moaned out as he could feel her body against his own. 

He followed her to the dance floor as Rissa spun and began to dance. James gave the lady what she wanted and began to dance as well. Laughing he was enjoying doing his own moved as he watched her dance. Rissa was never one to not shine. He was talking it in as he moved in to put his hands on her hips. 

• Like 2

Mateo couldn't help but watch as she turned red. He smirked a little as he thought it was silly but he had caught her looking at James and Larissa. He had to wonder what was going on through her head at the moment. However, it didn't take long for her to turn around and accuse him of leaving her. Well, if he wanted to be truthful, she had left him. She was the one that went to dance, under his say so but never the less. It was what it was. "Yes, really." he told her and watched as her eyes widened for a moment and she had even placed her cup down, which he couldn't help but look in and frown at. However, he was brought back to when she kissed him. He of course kissed her back. No sense in not having a little fun where it matter right. As soon as her lips left his, he was drug to the dance floor. He wasn't really one to dance much but he would he guessed for her. 

• Like 1

Aislynn watched as more and more couples began to bring themselves to the floor. She specifically eyed Helena and Mateo, winking at Helena as she did. Nobody at Camp Half-Blood that had been paying any attention to that girl could ignore the significance of him coming to the party with her tonight. Mateo was probably the only person in this room that didn't realize just how long Helena had waited for this moment. For all Aislynn's quirks, she was still happy to see others happy. Knowing that Helena had to be bursting with joy, Ash decided to make it a little more magical for her. "It does the heart good to see so much love in the room, I'm going to slow things down a bit for all those lovers out there."

• Like 1

Lena caught Ash's wink, and as she changed the tempo, she mouthed towards the singer a distinct 'Thank you'. She led Mateo further out into the floor, and then turned to face him. Wrapping her arms so that they draped over his shoulders and connected her hands behind his neck. Slowly she began to sway gently back and forth between her two feet. She wasn't sure if Mateo knew how to dance, so she started slow with him. Her eyes met his, and she blushed softly, biting her lip momentarily before releasing it. For Helena, this moment was pure magic. It was the first of what she hoped were many other romantic firsts. Her and Mateo had incredible chemistry, and they had already experienced so many other passionate firsts. But romance was something new for them, and Lena hoped it wouldn't be the last time.

She let her head rest against his chest. Lena could hear his heartbeat. Smiling softly, she whispered. "Thank you." She wasn't sure if she was thanking Mateo for bringing her to the party and dancing with her, or if she was thanking her mother for the emotions she was feeling. All she knew was that she was so very grateful for this moment in time. 

• Like 1

Killian had been at out of it in a sort as he had been walking around camp taking it all in. This was the place he had spent many of nights with the other half-bloods as they tried to find their way in the world. But no matter the age, Killian was one that everyone knew as the smooth talker and party starter. The girls seemed to line up to fall in love with him which all he did was break hearts. One would think they would learn sooner or later but that never seemed the case. Even as he was off at New Rome, he would do the same there. Little did anyone know as the man never let anyone close to him. That he was truly scared of losing someone he truly cared about. But enough about all that, he would deal with his emotions later he thought as he saw his cabin lite up. A smile on his face as he heard his little half sister jamming out inside. "HELL YEAH" he said as he opened the door to see the party going strong. Making a new nod to Aislynn, he found his way over to some of his other siblings giving them handshakes and pats on the back. Getting a glass he chugged it down as he laughed. Seeing that James and Mateo were there. It seemed the boys were occupied at the moment but he would have time with them later. 

Edited by Killian O'Connor
  • Like 1

Now Mateo wasn't the one that normally dance and did things like this. He was more of a wall flower if you will. He would have rather hung out with all the other guys and played cards again, but something about Helena being alone didn't sit right with him at all. He needed to make sure that she wasn't up to something. He sighed a little as she rested her head against his chest. He didn't do relationships, he thought to himself. She thanked him and he couldn't help but chuckle a little at it. "I'm making sure you don't get into trouble here." He said with smirk as he looked down at her. She looked like she was in perfect harmony and he once again sighed, this time with content. He swayed her to the music a little more when he heard an all to familiar voice. His head turned to see Killian and he chuckled again this time. Mateo lifted his arm is a some what salute. He would be talking to him later that was for sure. 

• Like 1

The moment that Rissa placed her hand into his she knew that it was going to be an eventful evening. Everything about the man radiated fun for her and him. She smirked a little as she moved against him and then he moaned which sent a new type of shock wave down her body. "Oh really?" She commented back with a smirk and pulled him along to the dance floor. He body swaying to the music  every step that she took. 

He followed her without any dismay and she soon started enjoying herself. However, a slow song came on and his hands went to her hips and she soon followed by placing her arms around his neck, pushing herself closer to him. "So, tell me.." She started while finding his eyes once again. "How is camp without me here?" She questioned him knowing that she was about to tell him that she wasn't going to go back to new Rome at the end of the summer. She had made plans to stay at camp halfblood.

• Like 2

Aislynn was enjoying herself, but it was clear that the party was in need of a bit of a slower vibe. She looked around the cabin as she sang for someone she could trust to play a song or two so she could enjoy herself for a bit. As she did, her eyes finally fell upon one of the girls from the Apollo cabin. Willow was shy when it came to everything but singing. It was just about the only time the girl seemed willing to have any attention on her at all. Perfect.

"Well everyone, thanks for the lovely reception, but I think it's about time I pass the mic over to someone else and enjoy the party for myself. Looks like big brother Killian's back in town and I want a hug! Willow, you want to sing?" Aislynn shook the mic in her direction. Was it mean to put the pressure on her so quickly? Yeah, absolutely it was. But it was only for a few songs, and the girl really could sing. "I'll make it up to you..." Aislynn gave her an impish grin, knowing that it would be impossible for her to back out now. She just hoped this didn't backfire and that the girl would still come to parties. Sure, she was a wallflower that didn't say much, but Aislynn still liked the girl enough.

• Like 1

Willow had been dragged to the party by Rissa earlier that night. She had been doing her best to stay off to the side and just watch as everyone else had fun. She figured she had given it a good solid half hour or so and was just about to head out when she heard her name called out on the microphone. Willow froze. She... She wants me to... Aislynn, why? Willow turned and gave the child of Dionysus a look that screamed that she was unhappy. 

Still, she couldn't bring herself to disappoint everyone at the party by not continuing the music. With a sigh, she made her way towards the stage. As she passed Aislynn, she said, "You owe me. Big."

As she made it to the makeshift stage they had created, she grabbed an acoustic guitar from the wall in the back--having left her own back in her cabin. She breathed a soft sigh to calm her nerves, before stepping before the mic, guitar in hand. "Hey everyone... I'm a lot different than Ash, so, we're going to take things down a notch or two. I hope that's okay." Pulling up a stool, she sat before the mic and began to play.

• Like 2

Killian was happy to see so many faces that he knew, that it felt like one big happy reunion. The feeling of excitement was starting to come over him as he saw Mateo who gave him a salute which he returned. But his smile only grew as his sister Aislynn began to speak to them all. Killian waved looking around the room as he laughed at her comment about him being back. His siblings were the best and knew how to welcome one back, but the sound that Willow would sing got his eyebrow raised as the girl was quite shy. I mean she was an Apollo lass but he had never really heard the girl sing. 

Sitting on the side he stood there quietly as he took in the girls performance. The voice was one that he could say he hadn't heard but it wasn't cause she was bad. Nooo actually he was impressed as how light and soft her voice was. If he had heard a voice like this in a pub, he would chat up the lass for sure. Opening his arms open for his little sis. He was happy to hold her tight. 

Lena continued to dance with Mateo, smiling softly as she continued to lean against his chest. Swaying with him as he danced, she asked, "What kind of trouble would I get into?" She lifted her head from his chest to look into his eyes. Her face inches from his, as she whispered, "I'm trying very hard to be a good girl." Helena winked at him. Continuing to sway to the beat, she came to the realization that she had never seen him dance with anyone else before. Over the years there had been many parties, and though this was the first one that they had come to together, it wasn't the first one they had both attended. She had seen him come to other parties, usually alone or with his ex. Never had she seen him dance. That realization made her heart skip a beat.

James was just drinking in the moment as it felt right in the world. He let out his moan as her body pressed against him made him feel things he hadn't in so long. The two of them had a lot of catching up to do. "Of course" was all he got out of his mouth. As he watched her pull him to the dance floor. He followed as he was so excited to see what would happen next. Her body was swaying to the music, his eyes could not believe how lucky he was that she was back and not with kyle. 

Just when they got to the dance floor, a slow song came on but his went to the door that opened. Seeing Killian, he waved to him with a smile. Happy to see his friend back at camp once more. James hands slipped around her waist as his eyes went back to Rissa. "Camp well" he said as the two of them moved to the music "It is never the same without you....I miss you a ton, thinking of you in new rome" he finished saying as the song came to an end. Hearing that Aislynn saying was handing it over to Willow. He found himself clapping as he was excited to hear her music. But then pulled Rissa back to him as he smirked. "It's much better when you are close too." 

The door opening seemed to grab her man's attention and she turned to see who had walked through it as well. When a very familiar red head walked in, she couldn't help but smirk. It looked like they were all coming back from New Rome. She couldn't help but wonder what was going to happen that made this summer so special now. It was always a jinx sometimes. She gave the red head man a wave herself and turned back to the man that was in front of her. The one that normally grabbed her attention. She tilted her head as she watched him speak. Oh what those lips could be doing at the moment, but she was going to be a good girl. See there was a halo above her head at the moment.

She titled her head as she listened to what James was saying and smiled a little. He missed her just as much as she missed him as well. That was great to know. He didn't have to know how much she missed him, while she was away. There were all kind of days where she just wanted to come back to camp and not go back to school because she knew that she would be fine with just staying there. She would have James and that was all that she honestly needed at the moment. The music stopped for a moment and she turned to watch as Aislynn handed over the mic to Willow. Larissa cheered on her little sister. "GO WILLOW GO!" she said cupping her hands around her mouth before slipping them around James' neck once again and she was soon pulled closer to him. A smile came on her face, loving the fact that they were so close. "Humm." She started. "I like this being close thing." She gave him a teasing grin. 

• Like 1

Mateo looked down just as she looked up at him. What kind of trouble would she get into. He couldn't help but smirk a little as gave her a really look. "You ooze trouble little one." He said as they swayed to the music. He honestly couldn't believe that he was in the middle of the dance floor. What kind of spell did this girl have over him? He scoffed in his mind for a moment before looking around the room. It seemed that everyone had been going into a slow dance. He itched a little bit being in the middle like this but her next comment made him look at her. "Trying hard huh.." He mused as he shook his head a little. "How hard?" he asked again and shook his head a little, this little one was something. "What have you done tonight?" he honestly couldn't help but ask. She couldn't have spelled him could she? They didn't have that type of magic right. 

Aislynn just shrugged as Willow said she owed her. The girl had a good voice and she was never going to display it without a push. Honestly, Aislynn felt like she was doing her a service. She left the stage area and made a bee-line for her big brother Killian. She wrapped her arms around him. She recognized that look on his face though, he was impressed with Willow's singing. "She's got a good voice right?" Then she let go of him and said, "I think all your friends are here, but they're occupied with their women." Aislynn gestured towards James and Larissa as well as Mateo and Helena"Things change, when you leave..." She said and then started walking away from him and went to go grab herself some more of the Jungle Juice.

Aislynn liked to stir the pot. She like to see the chaos and drama unfold. Her goal was never to hurt anyone, but she needed entertainment. People provided some of the best entertainment when they were in their emotions. 

It didn't look like Aislynn was coming back to reclaim the microphone anytime soon. So Willow chewed on her lip nervously before starting the next song. If this continued for too much longer, however, she would just ask the other Dionysus children to take over. Surely there had to be someone else that could sing and entertain among them, right? Willow looked out across the room, and there were too many people staring at her. She felt uncomfortable.

Swallowing her nerves down, however, she entered the next song.

• Like 1

Helena continued to sway to the rhythm with Mateo. She blushed as he told her that she oozed trouble. For him, that was probably true. The girl wasn't much trouble on her own, but with him she knew that neither of them really thought straight anymore. "Very hard. It's not always easy to behave myself around you." Leaning in to whisper into his ear, she continued, "You make me want to do very bad things, sir." The last word was barely enough for him to hear it above the music. Then she pulled back to keep dancing like nothing had happened. It had been honest though, Mateo had such a significant effect on her, Lena wasn't sure he even realized how big of an impact it was. 

As he asked her what she had done that night, Lena was certain she had been caught in her earlier efforts. With a small sigh, she confessed. "I gave that Nike girl a little bit of a push to accept what she already felt." That was really it. James and Rissa had acted on their own accord with no help from her. "I don't create feelings that don't exist, if that's what you're asking." People were always skeptical of the children of Aphrodite when it came to matters of love. She knew she probably should have expected these concerns at some point, but it didn't stop it from hurting. "I can, but I don't." She admitted. If I did, I wouldn't have had to wait three years for you to notice I existed. But she kept that thought to herself. Lena wasn't trying to ruin the night. "Is there a reason you're asking?"

James was having the best time tonight seeing all his friends here plus the girl he cared for deeply in his arms. How could he not be having a good time. "I think you fit perfectly" he said back to her comment. "I mean we could get a little closer later if you like" he said back teasing her. He had a few things in mind for the night as it had only just begun. As willow started up her second song, he began to mouth the words as he sang lowly to just Rissa. 

I need another story
Something to get off my chest
My life gets kinda boring
Need something that I can confess
'Til all my sleeves are stained red
From all the truth that I've said
Come by it honestly I swear
Thought you saw me wink, no
I've been on the brink, so

James loved this song and it made him think of singing with Rissa earlier that day with her and her siblings. The two of them fit so well together but could he get the courage up to ask her out.....he wanted too but what if she didn't??? His mind was was going round and round with those thoughts as he mouthed more words to her.

• Like 1

Killian was happy to have his sister come to greeet him as it made him feel good to be back. His time away was great but nothing bet time with his family. "Eyyyy she does, I don't think I have heard the lass sing before" he exclaimed hugging Aislynn tightly before he let her go. Looking around to his friends which she was speaking of he too saw they all had women to occupy them. Well he would be finding someone soon enough like he always did. As time had past always meant new faces to find in the crowd and maybe a few hearts to charm. "Well no worries I will find my own way as I always do little sis" he said with a smile. Oh how he loved the old days when the guys used to just play around, have a bit of fun here and there. 

There was something in him that was stirred up from his little sis words that made him want to drink himself silly tonight. But that was when Willow began her next song, making his pause to watch. Why had she never sang in front of him before. She was normally very shy if his memory served him right. But soon enough he decided to follow his sister to get more drink as the night was young.  

Important Information

Terms of Use