bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Forge a new Weapon

Kenna Rhys

Kenna was a child of Hephaestus.........she was still shocked that her dad was a God. That she now had a family that all liked the things she did which was way cool! I mean they even had better ways of making things with their hands and such. The first night was so nerve racking as the cabin did a bunch of stuff to show her the new diggs she had! It wasn't that she had a cabin with all the things she needed to make the coolest machines and gear but also a forge where she could make new weapons. Her mother had such a place like this as well so it only made sense that they would have one too.

Being the very next day after the claiming, she was taken to the forge by her half brothers and sister who all wanted to see what she could do. I mean her mom did made metal jewelry but this was much bigger and different. So as she walked in to see it, her mouth dropped open "WOAHHHHHH" she said looking around feeling so happy. Then getting to the station she got her gear on and began to work with the metal they had for her.

OPEN (come watch Kenna or ask for a new weapon or get one fixed!)

• Like 1

The night of the claiming had been pretty interesting for her. She had found out that she was the daughter of Hypnos, which of course started to make more sense with everything that she had done in her life. The reason that she liked sleeping so much and the fact that she was able to see James like she was in her dreams. After the claiming, she was brought back to the cabin and shown all the great things that she was born into. She knew that her father wouldn't have anything to do with her but she still was pretty sure that she was in love with the cabin. She blinked at all the comfy pillows and beds and the smell in there smelled of warm milk which was something that made her want to sleep, which is what she did. 

The following day she was off and about wandering around the camp and trying to see what all she could be doing. When she watched a girl walk into a forge and of course that made Savanna a little curious so she followed the girl there but didn't enter only stood at the door. "Wow." She mirrored the girl's expression. "You can stand this kind of heat?" She questioned as she sent a small wave and smile to the girl. She had seen her at the claiming last night. 

• Like 1

As she walked into the forge it felt as if she was suppose to be there as the heat felt so nice on her skin. Honestly it could be hotter and she would be fine. But it was a noise of someone talking behind her that got her to turn to see the other girl from the claiming ceremony. She was the one that was in Hypnos, if she remembered right. "This isn't that bad" she laughed looking super shy "I mean I could deal with it even if it was hotter" she said laughing. Kenna walked to the girl and told herself to be brave. She needed to make friends but that wasn't going to happen if she did not step up and try. "I am Kenna" she said blushing as she scratched the back of her head. "So what brings you to the forge?"  Maybe the girl was looking for a new weapon or even just checking it out for the first time like she had been doing. 

• Like 1

The girl told her that it wasn't that bad and savanna only could give her a look. "You sure." She giggled as she glanced around the place. "I mean it's a little too warm to even sleep and trust me I like a nice warm bed." She commented back to her with a grin. "But it is hotter than this. I would surely bake into a not-so-nice human pie." She laughed at her own joke and smiled at the girl. She watched as the girl began to walk over to her and Sav couldn't help but smile at her. The girl seemed to blush a little and rub the back of her head Sav went to put her hand out but ended up yawning, so she covered her mouth. "Sorry about that. Apparently, it's a habit with me." She mused with a small laugh. "I'm Savanna, nice to meet you, Keena." However, Keena had asked what she was doing at the forge and she blinked looking around behind her for a moment. "Well, I was wandering around the camp and saw this place and you just so happened to be in here. So I thought that I would check it out." She told the girl. "Are you about to make something?" She questioned. "Care if I watch you?" She couldn't help but ask somewhat excited about watching someone make a weapon. 

• Like 1

Kenna watched as the girl talked more about just how warm it was which made her giggle. "That would be a funny shaped pie" she joked to her hoping she wouldn't take it as a mean statement. It was something she was working on, but making friends was a big part of camp. This would be a challenge for her as she was very shy but she was trying. Every part of her just wanted to start working in the forge and never come back out. Seeing the girl yawn made her smile as she was a daughter of hypnos. "It is okay" hoping she know that she got it. The camp was a whole mystery to her right now as she had been to the mess hall, big house and bonfire. Other than her own cabin plus the forge which she just walked into. "Yess it is kind of big, I feel I might get lost" she said blushing a bit but then listened as the girl asked if she was going to make something. Nodding her head she had an idea from a design of something a camper asked for them all to make. "Oh yes, one of the older campers asked for something and well" she scratched the back of her head again "I sort of have good experience in this" she thought of her mom and began to miss her. 

"You can totally watch" she said feeling excited to show her skill of something she had always loved to someone. Going over to the metal area she began to pick up different pieces as she had this sense telling her how good it was. Picking a gold chunk she nodded "This one" she threw it in the air and caught it. Cracking her neck she then walked to the area with the fire was burning hot, sticking the metal piece in she was getting it all nice and toasty.

• Like 1

"Wouldn't it though." She giggled thinking about it, but she couldn't help but make a face. A human pie. She shook her head for a moment but continued to laugh at it. She didn't know if the whole yawning thing was going to be over in a couple days after she got her rest or not. Heck, he would love not to yawn as much as she did at the moment. She hummed at the girls comment and smiled. "Well, once you're done in here, want to go look around the camp with me?" She questioned curiously, she could always use a extra guest with her. She blinked when she said that an older camper had asked for something. "Really?" She questioned her again, then Keena went on and told her that she had some experience in it. "Well, then I know who, I need to come to if I need something." she grinned hoping to make the girl feel a little better. She had noticed that Kenna was a little nervous. Good thing that Savanna hadn't really bothered with that, she would get someone out of their shyness in a heart beat. 

"Really?" A bigger smile came to her lips. "I promise I wont bug you." she told her with a giddy little jump. She placed her self against the door frame and watched closely. Kenna had picked up a big gold chunk and Savanna couldn't help but look in awe at her. WOW! She thought to herself as she watched more closely, but careful to not get into the forge. She heard a couple campers behind her but they seemed to be walking by them.

• Like 1

Kenna was not expecting someone to be inviting her to go back to camp together. "Ohhhhhh sure" she answered after a huge pause. The question had taken her by surprise as she had just met this girl like right now. But then quickly telling her that she had a request from someone. "Well this older guy named James" she said fidgeting with her fingers, looking down at them and back up at her. "He said he wanted me to make a ring for this girl he liked, which my mom does this sort of thing." He said with a shy smile. That was when she reached in her pocket to bring out the drawing of the ring. Scratching her head with a laugh when she said that she knew who to go to for things. "Well if I get better with weapons for sure......I am not good with those just yet" she blushed as she looked back at the wall of weapons that were made by all her brothers and sisters. 

"Yeah sure, I mean I had a made a mold to start out with. So I will melt the gold down first" she said with a smile. Then getting the right piece she started to melt it down. The fire would have to be really hot as the gold had s very high melting point. As it was getting there, she rushed over to the tongs to pull out the stone that had the melted metal in it. Slowing she then rushed it to the mold which she poured it into it. A smirk on her face as this was so much fun for her. This had always been her element of sorts as she was good with her hands. Looking back up to her friend "Got it melted and now to let it cool for a little bit before I open the mold to smooth it out and began to work with the jewels." 

• Like 1

There was a long pause and Anna had to question herself if she had said that in a different language. Though as it did take a little longer for her to answer her, she finally did and she was a go to wanting to figure out the camp with her. Score. This meant that she was going to have some friends in camp all to soon. She grinned and then Keena began to tell her about the request that she had gotten from the older camper. She blinked a little as she glanced at the drawing of a ring. "OH wow." She blinked with a soft smile on her lips. "I wonder what kind of ring it will be?" She questioned a little dreamily. "You think it's one of the other older campers?" she asked as she couldn't help it, rings with older people meant one thing and she wasn't sure if that was what it was or not so she was pretty curious. "Wow." she said again. "You're mom makes things like this?" she couldn't help but question as she once again looked at the ring. "You helped her out a lot?" she didn't know much about the girl, and didn't know if she had a mom still or not. Anna didn't have one, hell she was sure that she didn't have a father either until just the other day when she was talking to James in his dream. "Well, of course. I'll be your first and favorite person." She grinned happily thought that grin soon turned into a yawn. "Sorry."

Anna just watched as Keena began to talk her through everything that was happening. She looked like she had done this so many times before and looked like a natural. Anna was simply impressed by the girl. The only thing that anna knew that she could do was go into people's dreams. As strange as it was, that was all the she knew at the moment. Her older sister and brothers knew more so she would wait for them to teach her later on. Keena spoke again and Anna was brought back from her thoughts. "Oh really that fast huh?" she giggled but thought about it. "So how long does it normally take for it to cool off?" She questioned. 

• Like 1

Kenna was happy to be able to share the ring with someone as she hated to keep secrets. So pulling out the sketch her face was full of excitement as it seemed that savanna was excited too. "I don't know but it will be beautiful when I am done with it" she finished saying with a bit of pride in her voice. Shrugging to her second question as she didn't really know the lives of the older campers. Being so new to the camp she only knew her cabin mostly. "I guess we will see" she giggled as she put the drawing back in her pocket. Kenna had not got to talk about her mom a lot since she got here since everyone just wanted to talk about her dad. He was the one who gave her abilities but again her mom was cool too.

"Yeah she works as a jewelry maker in this town in North Carolina" she said thinking about her time in the mountains and how much she loved it there. The place was one that was so peaceful at times well that was until the monsters came. Nodding her head he was proud of how much she got to do in the "Yeah she started me sort of young likeeeee ummmm maybe 8.....but I had a natural ability you know and she was not going to hold me back" she finished saying. Kenna had always been one to tinker with things but when she started to mold metal it was just like something was awaken in her. Nodding her head to savanna saying she would be her favorite person it made her feel happy. 

Kenna was getting into her groove as she was showing the different steps in the process. "Ohhh just a few moments before I pour it" then picking it up she poured the metal in the model for the ring. "Then maybe 10 minutes once the air hits it" she said laughing. This was going to be so exciting as she was doing something she felt good at for once....unlike school.  "What have you thought about your cabin?" 

Anna couldn't help but grin at her new friend. "Well, I'm sure that he will be happy to have it." She couldn't believe that Kenna was going to make a ring for one of the older campers. She was pretty excited to see it when it was done. "Can I go with you to give it to him?" she questioned since she wanted to see the look on his face when she placed it in his hand. 

Anna listened to what Kenna was talking about and she couldn't help but grin as she got the girl talking about her family. "I bet she makes beautiful things." she told her with a small smile on her face. Anna didn't know much about the whole family thing. Hell, it was new to her as she didn't even know who her own mother was. Her father she knew now because of the camp but if that wasn't the case then she didn't think that she would ever know about anything. Having grown up in the system. Thanks to James for being able to get her out of it. Well, he would tell her surely that it was her that got herself out since she was the one that came to him.  Anna's attention was soon on the girl again and the sleepy smile never left her lips. "So, your grandparents did it too?" She questioned curious this time because that would be so cool. 

The young demi god got excited when Keena told her that she had a couple more moments before she was to pour it. "Oh, I'm excited." She couldn't help herself honestly. She was ready for this to happen. She wanted to see the ring come to life. She watched her pour it and soon she had to wait again. But the talking wasn't going to be stopping it look like. "Oh my cabin." She mused before smiling more. "It's wonderful." She started before going on about it. "It has soft violin music playing all the time. It smells like fresh laundry..." She blinked and the smile turned into a yawn. "Very comfy beds and couches." She shook her head and giggled. "You should come and try it out one day." 

• Like 1

Watching Kenna get claimed as a child of Hephaestus brought a smile to his face. The fact that his father is out and about with women is past him so all he could do was to be happy he and his half-siblings got a new crew member in the cabin and the camp forge. The very next day, Stefan was one of the older half-siblings to show her around the forge though he did not speak much when his current project drew his attention so another half-sibling was glad to take the lead of the short tour. Once it was done, she was left on her own to work with the materials that were given to her and any that sort can be retrieved from storage. This time, he was forging another celestial bronze weapon for a camper but he was halfway done when he took a break. He loved forging weapons and he still takes commissions whenever he can though he still tries to avoid accepting to make celestial bronze bullets. They are not too difficult to make but it's tedious work.

When he went to check up on Kenna, it seemed like she was talking to another camper while working on something. Stefan chose to approach the two young ladies with a cordial smile, hoping his tall stature won't scare them. "Hey, kiddos. What are you making? Sorry if I might have come in to information I was not supposed to hear." He did hear a bit from the last few seconds but it was no big deal. "Just wanted to check how is my little half-sister doing in her first day of the forge. She isn't annoying you, right?" He was asking the black haired lass with a grin though his bionic arm might have caught her attention first.

• Like 2

Kenna nodded with a big smile "Sure you can." This was just something she was making for James but really did not know him much just yet. But she did hear that he was the creature lore teacher here at camp. So in time maybe she would get to know him! Savanna had much closer of a relationship with the older camper so it would be special for her to do it!

Kenna missed her mom a lot so when she talked about her, it felt as if she was just there with her "She really does" a smile on her face. They lived in one of those really cool mountain towns which had stunning views but also got very cold. But with her dads being who he was, it was as if it was colder since she could stand the heat but not the cold. "Oh yes they did it too" she said feeling proud. This was a family long thing as her grandparents came from up north to this town when it was getting big. At the time there was a lot of railroad money in the town making it boom. 

It was just about the time to pour when Savanna told her about the Cabin she was in. The look was amazement was on Kenna face as it sounded so nice and all. "Woah I would love to come and visit. " She said nodding her head. The two were chit chatting when she heard another voice come towards them. Turning her head she saw her older brother Stefan....well half brother! Waving to him she smiled "Ohhhh I am making a ring for James....its for some girl" she said looking like she had no clue who it was. But right when she was about to introduce her friend to stefan he was asking Savanna if Kenna was being annoying. "Heyyyy now, we are friends.....i am not that annoying" she laughed as she stuck out her tongue at him. 

• Like 1

"A ring you say?"

Stefan could recall in a past conversation that her mother worked as a jeweler so it would make sense that her daughter would know as well. It's nice to know that she was already be involved in a crafts trade before being claimed by the god of forges and fire so he could bet that she could make jewelry worth dozens if she put her mind to it. But for now, she needed to have at least a basic knowledge of weapons if a camper is going to ask her in the future and he may be there to supervise whether or not she needed it. And seeing that she was already wearing the right protective gear, he knew she's on the right track. Even though their father is the god of fire, none of their children are immune to fire... despite popular belief. The thought would be nice. "What's the occasion?" He was wondering about that. Not many of their siblings were asked to make personal ornaments.

He smirked. "I'm kidding." Turning towards to his half-sibling's friend, he gave her a cordial nod. "A pleasure to meet you. Stefan Köhler, and you must be?"

• Like 2

Anna couldn't help but mirror Kenna's smile. "Really." She couldn't believe that she was going to be taking a ring to James. Maybe they will be able to get some of information from him. That would be interesting. She wanted to know what kind of ring that it was and why he wanted to give it to a certain someone. She couldn't help but be a little curious. 

It was interesting to learn about others parents since she didn't have any. She had a house mom that was more of a teacher than a mom. She would always call her teacher while others would call her momma. She could tell that Kenna was feeling proud that she was able to talk about her mom and grandparents. She smiled brightly at her friend.

"Of course. Just give me a time and I can see what I cant swing around." She grinned at the girl before she heard another voice. She turned just in time to see a boy with a robotic arm. She blinked a little as she tried to look away. Not wanting to stare at him but of course she couldn't because he started talking to her. Anna shook her head as he asked if she was being annoyed." no not at all." She told the boy with a smile. He teased his sister a little and then turned back to Anna and she couldn't help but smile. "I'm Savanna Lewis, child of Hypnos." she told the older camper and smiled liking the fact that she finally belongs somewhere. Though he seemed curious about what the ring was going to be about too. "The ring is something that we were talking about. I'm curious to know what James is going to do with it as well. " She told the two but snapped her fingers and smiled at them. "What if he is going to go purpose to someone?" She whispered a little louder than normal. 

• Like 1

Kenna looked at Stefan "Yeap a ring....I don't know why he needs it but he asked so I thought why not" she shrugged looking from both Stefan and Savannah. But then again, maybe she could find out why he wanted it when he came to get it. The thought made her laugh the kind of laugh young girls do when they think of romance. "Well maybe we can ask him then." she raised her eyes at Savannah. Maybe they could tag team it and get the information for sure! But for now it was time to get to work which Stefan did not seem to have an issue with. He was talking to Savannah anyways so just carried on with her work as if she was back home. With her mom in the shop!

It made her laugh that Stefan was joking with her but she shook her head as she heard Savannah's words about the reason behind it all. "You never know. I mean people came to get rings for all sorts of things back home. But it must mean someone is super special to him for him to ask." Getting to the end of this sentence she began to work the metal until it was in the shape of a circle as she then began to smooth it out. The next part would be making the metal part for the stone to fit into. The look on her face read that she was in her zone as this is where she worked best!

Important Information

Terms of Use