bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Man those cookies, smell so goood!

James Selway

James had been happy the claiming went so well the night before as he had gained a little half sister. Showing her, her new cabin was the best and he just knew the two of them were going to be good friends.  Ever since he lost his little sister Lilith who was the best singer. He would play to her until she fell asleep or she would just sing along. It was hard losing her in the monster attack all those years ago. Blaming himself for her death. So as he was in the kitchen he began to cook a patch of fresh chocolate chip cookies which he was craving. Dancing around the room, he had just put the cookie dough that was on the sheet pan into the oven. Now it was just 15 minutes until they were cooked. The smell began to fill the Big house as he danced to the music playing on the radio. 

@ Asher Harrington

Asher had only half paid attention to the sorting ceremony. It wasn't because she didn't have any interest in it but rather because it never quite got easier to watch the younger kids look so ridiculously frightened with their newfound identities. She could relate to that feeling. She had felt just as hopeless and scared as they did, but she would never admit it. The official story was that she had always known there was something different about her and retrospect it wasn't entirely deceitful. It just hadn't been the entire story. But yet she waited and she watched as the new kids got sorted and went to their respective cabins. Every time a new kid got called on, she could feel her chest hardening and her whole body stiffing as she waited to hear where they belonged.

None of them had been her half siblings. Maybe her mother had given up on that. It was bound to happen. Either way, she walked around the camp, enjoying the night. She loved being outside when it was dark out. Not only did she feel more at home when it was dark but also more powerful. She felt invincible and honestly, all the best things happened when it was dark out. As she continued her stroll, Asher got a peculiar smell and she followed it. wondering who was making cookies at this time of night. She wasn't surprise to see It was James. Those Tyche kids were always up to interesting things. "Where is the party?" She said, coming into his line of sight.

• Like 1

James was having a good time in the kitchen as he always did. It was something he had grown to love being at camp so much. Granted most his meals were done in the mess hall but he still loved to cook from time to time. Making different dishes he had found out in the mortal world. James was one that liked to embrace his mortal side to enjoy the things this world had to offer. Plus it was a good skill to have if he were ever to find a woman to cook for. Ever since Amber broke his heart two years ago he missed the late nights of cooking and laughter in the kitchen. 

"Ohhhhh right in here, didn't you get the message" he joked with her back with his playful smile. Waving her to come into the room he was happy to see her around as the twins seem to go off into the world a lot. "You are more than welcome to join me, would you maybe like a cookie when they are done. OR maybe you are craving something a bit savery?" Jame didn't mind whipping up some food if she was wanting any. Actually would be nice since he hadn't seen Asher in a while. It would make for a good time to catch up. 

It was normal for Asher and most of the children of Hecate to be up and about during the night. This was the perfect time for her to practice her magic and her skills, especially around midnight and honestly, everything was just a lot easier for her to do during that time. Not to mention it was quiet. Well, quiet outside. Her cabin was always blazing at night. Hecate kids did know how to throw parties after all, which is why most of them disappeared during the day. "It must have gotten lost in some Hermes mail," she said with a shrug. "I'm not the best cook so maybe this is the safest distance for me in the kitchen," she said with a chuckle. "I guess something savory. I'm not much of a sweets person." She was also not particularly hungry but Asher didn't want to appear rude but saying no to James and his hospitality. Besides, she had a feeling whatever he made would probably be good.

• Like 1

Laughing at her answer he nodded "I mean that is a possibility" he mused at. How would Hermes feel about this idea he thought to himself but quickly moved on. Waving her in he gave her a look of unbelief that she was not good at cooking. "Well there is no time like the present" he said to her. "I don't mind teaching you some things....that is if you want to learn."  Cooking wasn't everybodies forte so she could easily decline and just want to talk to him while he cooked. Either would be fine with him as he was just happy to get to see Asher. The two of them were the same age so that meant being in the same age group at camp, year after year. 

"Savory it is" he said with a smile as he pulled out some of his cards that had his recipes on it. "Okay so we have pad thai or i can make you a coconut chicken curry" he said with excitement. Both of them he had mastered in the last year being at camp. 

Asher was in no rush to learn how to cook, in fact she rather just stay out of the kitchen altogether. Her father had been an excellent cook when he had been alive and her brother had inherited this ability. The two of them seemed to rather enjoy the craft and would often be spotted doing so together. She could imagine it was one of the few things they shared that was purely theirs alone so Asher had never felt the need to butt in on their alone time and had opted to focus her energy on other things. She was lucky enough that she could eat out whenever she wanted and had around the clock help at home. She hadn't needed to worry about learning to boil eggs or something like that.

But when James asked if she wanted to learn, the way he had said so made it hard for her to say no so she simply nodded. She wasn't eager about it but she concealed that very well. It wasn't like it would be this monumental chore anyway. She was fine with doing so. "Sure, that would be fine," she said. She looked at him as he took out some recipes and shared with her what he was thinking of making. "Pad thai would be fine." She had never actually tasted it before but it was Asian food and Asher did live in the epicenter of good Asian takeout and thus far she had enjoyed everything there.

• Like 1

Being a year around camper meant that he had a lot of time on his hands when it wasn't summer. He studied like he always did and then did a bit of traveling. But he found a surprising joy in cooking. At first he was not the best but over time as he cooked for the others that stayed at camp year around. It become one of those secret talents only a few knew he had. It was always better when he got to share it with someone he cared about, whether that be another camper or even a leader. So having Asher here was great, the two of them grew up together a bit if she wasn't away. So when she nodded he smiled even bigger. "Okay great" he said excited. 

Asking what she was in the mood for he listened when she picked the Pad Thai. "Great I will get the supplies" he said as he began to go to the fridge to pick out the eggs, vegetables, and the chicken. Putting them down by the oven, he went to the pantry to get the rice noodles, sauces and spices. Smiling at Asher with so much excitement, he might have missed any emotions she may have. Pulling the recipe card to his face he read it through once again. 

"Okay Asher we got to prepare the noodles and make the sauce for the noodles. Do you want to watch me and jump in later?" He did not want to take away anything she wanted to do but also wanted to give her a chance to have fun with it. 

Despite being a demi-god, Asher hadn't spent much time at camp year round. Her father had always taken it as a shock that he had fallen in love and started a family with a goddess and the fact that his children didn't fully belonged to him had been hard for him to accept. Therefore, he had made sure his kids spent most of the time in New York, attending private school and living a relatively normal life. He allowed them to go to camp for a portion of the summer but his time with them was always selfish and it took precedence over their lives as demi-gods. Now that her father was gone, Asher could do both worlds equally but she never was quite sure which one she enjoyed more. "Yeah, I think that would be best. Is making noodles different from making pasta? I wouldn't assume so but you never know." And when it came to the kitchen, Asher didn't want to assume anything.

• Like 1

James always love getting to spend time with the others around his age as they did not spend most their time at camp. They all went off into the world or back to New Rome which he did not blame them but he made sure to take advantage when they were here. Getting all the stuff they needed to the counter, it would make it much easier to cook that way. "Okay no worries" he said with a soft smile on his face "So the noodles used are a type of rice noodle that only get cooked for about 3 minutes and then we drain it to wash it with cold water to make it stop cooking. " He finished saying it when he got a pot out and began to fill it with water. This was the easy part but some learn best by watching. Placing it on the stove, he turned it up to high heat. The package of the noodles next to it. Turning around he leaned against the counter looking at Asher.

"Soooo what have you been up to Asher? I've talked to Arsen about his adventures but didn't know how the business was going or how your own magical studies were happening." James had missed Asher, she was different than most at the camp but he didn't mind that at all. He had liked her for her. I mean once upon a time he had a bit of a crush on her when he was younger but now he was just happy to have a friendship with her. 

Asher didn't particularly care much about cooking. She knew how to make the basic stuff and even then she was never at the mercy of her own skills. She was privileged enough to be able to rely on others for this very simple task. Point to the matter being, she had no idea there was such a thing as rice noodles. She genuinely assumed that all noodles would be made of the same ingredients and perhaps it was her very basic introduction to Asian cuisine, that she thought they were close to spaghetti. Apparently, such thing was not true. "How are they made from rice?" She asked, watching from the sides as James began to fill the water.

When James turned towards her, Asher lifted her gaze to meet his and shrugged. "I've been fine. Just busy. I have a board taking care of my dad's business at home and they really only send me notice of things that are imperative they get my signature on," she said. "I need to get more involved but it is hard when I don't truly know what I'm doing. Don't tell anyone though. My one leg up on that business is the confidence I portray to let a  bunch of old white dudes think I do know what I'm doing." She chuckled, thinking if James ever did say something about it, she would whole heartedly disagree. 

"Maybe once I finish university it will be better. It is just a lot of things happening at once. But here, I have Tristan teaching me umbrakinesis. It was hard to find a tutor, you know? The Hades kids take very different approaches to that. What about you?"

• Like 1

James was excited to hear Asher ask him questions about rice noodles. There was a part of him that loved learning but also loved to shared that with others. Plus with cooking he could show her how to, make good food for her and then teach Asher all at once. For him this was quality time well spent together. "So The rice noodle dates back to around 2000 years ago when Rice became plentiful in southern China. The cooks in northern china wanted to see if they could profit off of it so they used the rice to turn into rice flour." He was smiling so big as he was happy to teach her all about it. The history of food was something he loved to learn all about. "To make it they store rice up to 9 months to make it hard before they ferment it for several days. Then it is ground up in a mill to make the flour, which boiling water is added to the flour to make a dough which the noodles are formed from." Finishing that he gave her some moments to ask more questions as the pot was filled. Placing it on the stove he turned on the heat to allow it to come to temperature. 

Having someone to talk to always was nice when it was someone around your age. Since most of the time he was talking to the younger ones about lore or training. As he listened to her about her life. James only knew so much about the twins after all. To him they were still a great mystery! "Never, you have my word" he said with a caring smile. The fact that Asher said that to him made him feel like he was one that could be trusted. "Well you are super smart Asher, I know you can pick anything up in no time" he said truthfully. Watch Asher laugh made him smile as it was good to see her smile.

Nodding him head he got the feeling like he got the whole having a hard time finding your abilities and finding a tutor. "I am just trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. I have been a cabin leader for 6 years now....so trying to figure what to do." 

Asher found herself smiling when James said he would keep her secret. Well, it wasn't much of a secret one would think in the traditional manner of the word but it was one of those thoughts that she must rather keep to herself. She never wanted to appear young and inexperienced or even naïve. She especially didn't want to appear like someone could walk all over her because she was a young woman. Her father had taught her well and she wasn't someone you could push around simply because of her youth and gender. She always worked hard to make sure she wasn't the person people didn't respect. "Thank you. I just have big shoes to fill that is all." And that felt like an understatement. 

Then she looked back at James and at his response and she looked at him with curiosity. She didn't peck him for the sort of person that would be lost, especially when he looked so put together and collected. "You never thought about it?" She asked. "Is there anything you particularly enjoy?"

• Like 1

James didn't understand the extent of what Asher was going through but he knew he could support her! Smiling back at her he nodded his head head to her statement "Well I have no doubt that you will do well and even succeed at it, from everything I have seen you do even with your own magic. I know you can do the impossible" he only hoped his words were a source of comfort for her. 

James was working to keep the food going as he told Asher his own secrets. He was the guy everyone at camp seemed to go to as if he was the all wise one. Heck he was no son of Athena but a son of Tyche. The only thing on his side was luck! "Not really, I mean I have been at camp since I was 10 years old and it just seems a bit scary to do something else." He admitted this as he was being vulnerable to her as she had been to him. "I do enjoy teaching so that is something I do but music has always been a love of mine. Even though I am a son of Tyche it was as if the God's gave me this talent of mine." 

Asher had never thought that maybe her future could have a different path. The thought never occurred to her. It wasn't like she had ever discussed it with her father. When Arsen proved to be not the ideal candidate for a prodigal child, Asher had taken over. She had been nurtured and raised in that environment and to this day, she had no idea if she genuinely liked it. While Arsen liked to do whatever he wanted, Asher lived by what needed to be done. She took on the harder projects and made the tough decisions and did the things that Arsen genuinely put to the side and never worked on. She had never truly experienced what it was like to slow down and enjoy. Her life was a series of projects that needed to be done and things to accomplish. It was all planned. All meticulous and detailed.

"Well, our magic is supposed to do that. Though there are things about it I haven't quite cracked. It is very annoying." Which was where her mind usually went. Half the time all Asher could think of was how to finally achieve umbrakinesis. It wasn't impossible but she hadn't cracked the code yet. She just wanted to be able to do it. If only so she could say she could do it. Most of what she did didn't have a greater purpose other than just another honor badge to add. If she didn't, she didn't know what else she was supposed to do.  Then there was necromancy, but she wasn't sure she wanted to go and do that. "You know, that is how I feel about what I do or what I need to do. I always do things because if I don't no one else will. After my dad died, it was me and Arsen and he was not going to be the one to organize the funeral or settle the estate, do the taxes, stuff like that. No one has ever actually asked me what I wanted to do. I don't think I even know. But if you do know, I think being a teacher would suit you."

• Like 1

From the outside Asher seemed like she had it all together all the time, but James wondered if the girl just wanted to let her hair down and have fun. He had his suspicions! They all had their stories, which James was always there to listen to anyone who talked to him. He was sort of like the go to person. As he watched Asher, he wondered if he could do anything for his friend. To help her have a bit of fun and relax! I mean he didn't know what the girl liked to do for fun but maybe he could give her some options and then they could go do that activity she picked! 

Magic was something he knew little about, but he did know Asher. She was a determined woman who stop at nothing to figure it out. "Well have you talked to any of your siblings? Maybe some of them can help" he suggestion. He knew the twins were never really around much so it was hard for them to get to know their other half siblings. But maybe one of them could tell her the things they knew which could lead her to the solution! That was when Asher seemed to understand where he was coming from with his issues. "Doesn't that get tiring Asher? Or even lonely?" he asked her hoping she knew that he was there for her. Just as she had been there to listen for him. "Heyyyyy I got an idea, want to ummmm go to Ohio and go to Cedar Point? Screw the business and this camp for a bit and let us go have a bit of fun. What do you say asher?" All James wanted to do in this moment was for his friend to relax and have fun. 

When Asher spoke, she always did so with a matter of fact tone, as though nothing was a big deal because it was simply the reality. While that was usually the case, there were times when she wanted to go more in depth and actually talk about what was going on in her mind, she just didn't know how to. She wasn't the most open person and truth be told, she had no idea how to be. Unless someone asked her a direct question, she was never the one to bring it up herself. So when James asked her, it took her a moment to really know what she should feel about it. "Well, I mean, yes, but I never really thought about that way. It was always just something I had to do. I suppose, yes, it can be very lonely." She shrugged. "As for that magic, Tristan is helping me with it. It is just taking longer than I had anticipated." 

She sighed, then took a deep breath before turning to look at James with curiosity. "Cedar Point? I mean, sure but what is there to do there?" Asher wasn't trying to be a snob about it but she was looking at James as though she was truly had no idea what he was offering. As a native New Yorker, Asher did have that mentality of never wanting to leave New York. It was the center of her universe so what was she going to do in Ohio? But alas, she had to admit, she was curious to see it. Maybe it was would a nice break and she hadn't taken one of those in a while. 

• Like 1

Maybe it was the fact that James had lost his parents at such a young age that he had a lot of pent up anger. One that could come out from time to time until he had an older sibling ask him to talk about it. Over time he found out that it really helped him deal with his anger issues. This sibling died in the war that claimed so many lives. But their memory would not die if he could help it. As James looked at Asher, he could himself filled with compassion towards his friend. He knew that it might be hard to think about things or even process it but in the long run he knew it would help her. "Well just know I am always here for you Asher. I" he paused for a moment as he thought about it "I might not be able to help you with your business but I am here to listen. I am your friend as I have been since I met you." He said hoping she would trust in what he said. Being alone was never fun. Glad to hear that she was working with Tristan with her magic. "Good your half-siblings would love to get to know you and Arsen. I know they tell me all the time.

Wanting to have a bit of fun with Asher like he was going to with Arsen. He thought of the first thing that came to his mind which was an amusement park. "Ohhhhh so much, there are rides and food.......I mean it is known as one of the best places to go for fun....other than Disney World." He laughed thinking about Asher wearing some mickey ears with a mickey ice cream bar in her hand. If he had the money he would take her there for some fun but Cedar point was closer plus a lot more affordable. 

Asher didn't have a bad childhood by any means but it hadn't been the easiest easier. After her father had died, and even a few occasions prior, Asher had had to grow up and learn how to take care of herself and her brother. Though Arsen was technically older, he wasn't much of an older brother in the things that mattered. He wasn't there for her when she had needed him or took on the role of protective sibling when the situation demanded it. She had learned to deal with his and her own issues and figure out a way to move forward. As a result, Asher had always taken care of Asher and it was hard for her to let other people care and be there for her. She didn't know how not to do things on her own. She didn't even know how to let others in. 

She knew she wasn't the easiest person to deal with. She was always suspicious of people and analyzed their every movement. She didn't know how to trust but she was genuinely trying to work on it. She smiled and looked at James with the softest glance she had ever given anyone. "You're a good kid," she said. "What do they say though? Besides, Tristan, I haven't actually tried much to get to know them. I should do but it is just a bit weird. I know it is no one's fault that our mother had different families, but somehow it feels like one for her was not enough. You ever feel like that?" She was surprised at herself to have even managed to put those thoughts together. She hadn't actually thought she knew how to express what she felt when she interacted with her siblings but putting it into words seemed like the best first step.

"Have you been to Disney World? We never did. I mean, my dad did intend on taking us but somehow something or the other always got in the way and we never got around to it. I do not think I've ever been to an amusement park at all." While other kids went to Disney World or the county fair or summer camp, Asher's summers were spent interning for her dad or going abroad to Europe and Asia or taking intensive college courses. There never seemed to be a summer just to do something fun, but then again, Asher had never truly asked for it and it never felt like she had missed out on it. She did wonder if Arsen felt the same, and if his perception of their childhood was entirely different.

• Like 1

James could not help himself but laugh when she called him kid. "Asher" he laughed more "I am older than you, maybe by only 9 months but still" he smiled at her genuinely. He didn't take offence. Honestly she acted a lot older than he but then again he didn't have a giant business empire to run. That had taken her away from the camp quite often. "Well most just ask about you.....like where are you when you aren't here or ask me what were you like when you were younger." He said this not to make her feel any sort of guilt but just to show they cared for her. "Loukas in particular has been curious about how to approach you." James looked down at the meal he was preparing as it was going by so fast. Pulling the meal off the stove he put it to the side as he grabbed some plates. Putting some on both he had a hard look on his face. "Yes it is hard.....it is hard to know we will never be enough for them or that they will continue this until the end as we all know it." Placing the plates on the table he looked at her as he turned back around. 

Taking a seat at the table he listened to her talk about Disney. "Well I haven't but I have heard it is the most magical place on earth" he laughed as he patted the table for her to join him to eat. "We could go there!!!! I am up for it if you are. We can do whatever you heart wants! If that is ride rides then that or even get ears and have all the snacks." James might not have been but when he was dating amber, it was all she talked about at times. She was obsessed with the place but james just never had the money to take her. 

Asher chuckled. She knew James was older than her but somehow she never quite felt like anyone around her was older. Even Arsen, who was a couple minutes older, seemed like a little kid to her. Maybe it was due to their personality and disposition. Not that she thought everyone that had a more lively and bubbly personality was younger but to her it was hard to associate someone like that with the authoritative persona that came with age. She shook her head and gently shoved James. She didn't say anything more to that and the conversation quickly changed to her siblings.

Asher knew she was not the most approachable person and she knew she had to work on changing that if she was going to build a life for herself. She just wasn't sure how and she did have a tendency not to try too hard on matters that didn't come naturally to her. "They can always ask me themselves, you know?" She said. "I know I am not the most approachable person but it is not like I am impossible to talk to." But could she blame them when she herself had never tried to talk to them either? No, she could not. She didn't say much else after that, especially when James just confirmed what she knew to be true about their god parents. It was hard to know they were just the flavor of the month. Like they were nothing more than a happy accident as the result of a one night stand. Seriously, gods should stop procreating.

Asher chuckled again at James' enthusiasm. Honestly, spending time with him was like a never ending comedy show. He always seemed to know how to lighten the mood. "Aren't we a bit old for that, though?" She said. "I mean, can you imagine me walking around with Minnie Mouse ears and some cotton candy?"

• Like 1

James would never change their relationship!!! Him and Asher had a good thing going which he really felt good about. Her light shove just made him laugh as the two of them seemed to have good jokes with each other. But that was the thing...their relationship was not only one that they could joke around with each other but to also have serious conversations. James hoped Asher knew that he was not trying to get into her business with her sibling but wanted to show her they cared for her too. "I know that!" He said trying to reassure her. "But don't worry about it, if they come to me I will just give them a gentle push towards you okay" he said tilting his head to her with a smile. This wasn't an Asher issue but one that seemed to be happening all over camp. Thinking back to when he was 10 years old and started at camp. The older campers always seemed so cool but scary in the same sense. They had seen more battle or monsters that as a kid you can't fathom! 

James could feel the excitement all over himself as the thoughts of going to disney with asher brought happiness to his mind. "NOOOOOOO think about it" he said tugging on her arm. " come onnnnn you have had to be an adult way longer than you should and now you get to take that business hat off and just be a kid for once in your life." He had a feeling once she got there and lost herself in the fun, she might just have a good time. But the idea of the two of them having ears and having snack made him chuckle. "You never know until you try" he said trying to convince her. 

Asher looked at James for what seemed like the longest time. She thought about what he was saying and the idea that he had planted on her head. She had been an adult for as long as she could remember and it wasn't even that she had made the switch and immediately started doing other responsibilities, but rather, she had always been this way. Her father had groomed in her a sense of maturity that she had always followed. Even looking back at her younger years, she had never quite been a kid. She was always on the race to be an adult and take on those responsibilities. So now that the opportunity arose to be different and embark on what was a childhood experience, she was intrigued. To allow herself to just have fun and do childish things, that was not something she had ever imagined. 

"I mean, wow. I don't even know what to say. It sounds really fun to be honest. I can't remember the last time I did something just because it sounded fun. I am down." She smiled to herself. Normally the idea of walking around wearing mouse ears on her head and eating cotton candy would have made her cringe at the thought. Her brother was the one that did the reckless, irresponsible and childish things, not her. But the more she thought about it, the more she genuinely wanted to do it. "It could be a lot of fun. What do you think you would like the most about it?"

• Like 1

James knew that most demi-gods had some fun in their lives but some never did.  Asher was one that he saw a bit here and there but for the most part she was off running her business. Maybe it was all that she knew but he wanted to change that. To show her a new perspective for once in her life. So as he pleaded with her to try it he watched Asher look at him. "YESSSSSS, you won't regret this I promise" he said excitedly as he began to make plans in his head. Now to start the process for them to go, he would need someone to take his shifts for the front desk and then he would need to clear it with Lilythe. But then it was game on!

"Me....ummm that is a good question" he said with a smirk on his face. "Maybe...no yes the rides" he said quickly "I mean they are so much fun and you forget yourself when you are on them as the world outside the park doesn't exist in those moments." Going to Disney was going to be a great time he just knew it. But most of all they would need to get ears and their photo to remember it by!  

When her father had died prematurely, Asher had not been one to go to therapy. Though her aunt greatly encouraged it and her brother had agreed to go, Asher opted to deal with her grief in the only way she knew how. She did this by going to school and finishing her education. By excelling in extracurricular activities and getting into top notch colleges. To her, honoring her father was through achievements and academic excellence. She didn't know how else to please him. So she had never allowed herself to fall into the self discovery that came from therapy and the fact that she was starting to recognize a pattern brought forth by the people that surrounded her. James was not the first one to seem to want to push here into a different life and a different way of thinking. He told her she wouldn't regret it and this made her think that perhaps everyone simply saw her as stiff and unable and perhaps unwilling to be flexible.

"Is that how everyone sees me?" Asher said, her tone softening. "Like this stiff and rigid person incapable of having fun and displaying emotions that are not stoicism and seriousness?" Despite her words, Asher's tone was not accusatory. It was curious and it was serious in the way that asking a serious question was. She wanted to know because she could be so oblivious and if people didn't tell her what was wrong, she wasn't about to guess it on her own.

• Like 1

James looked at Asher, contemplating her question for a moment. He didn't want to sugarcoat his answer, but he also didn't want to hurt her feelings. "I think," he began slowly, "people might see you as someone who is very focused and driven, and maybe a bit guarded. But I don't think they see you as incapable of having fun or displaying emotions."

He paused, trying to find the right words. "It's just that you've had a lot on your plate, Asher, and you've grown up faster than most of us. People might not understand that, but it doesn't mean they don't care about you or want to see you happy. I think they just want you to let loose and enjoy life a bit more. We all have our struggles, and we all need to find ways to cope with them. Maybe going to Disney World is a small step towards that for you."

James' eyes were filled with genuine concern and understanding. He wanted Asher to know that he was there for her, no matter what. "I'm not saying you need to change who you are," he continued, "but maybe it's worth exploring other aspects of yourself, too. Letting your guard down, having fun, and just being present in the moment can be incredibly freeing."

He smiled at her, hoping that his words had made an impact. "Remember, Asher, we're all works in progress. And part of growing is finding balance in our lives. If going to Disney World helps you find that balance, then I'm all for it."

Important Information

Terms of Use