bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

It had only been a couple weeks since Shadow's return to camp, and Lilythe's date with Azrael. She couldn't say that her feelings were any more clear today than they had been in the days before. Lilythe was trying to live in the moment and simply focus on one day at a time. Eventually things would work themselves out, and fate would reveal its hand. Right? So when she finally got the invitation to brunch with Shadow, Lilythe happily accepted it and tried not to worry how Azrael--or the rest of the camp, for that matter--would take it. After all, her and Azrael weren't in a committed relationship, and he had let her think she was the problem for several years before finally confessing his feelings for her. So she had every right to hold her reservations about his sincerity. 

Meanwhile, Shadow was claiming to be working on his issues. If he truly was, that was something to be encouraged, wasn't it? Lilythe couldn't exactly tell him he needed to change and then discard him when he actually tried to. That would be terrible. And he hadn't been pressuring her to get back together with him at all. He hadn't even brought it up--which had been surprising and not at all her expectation of what he would be like upon his return. If she could really get her friend back through all this, Lilythe would be beyond pleased. 

Today was about trying to make that happen. She made her way to the Mess Hall to meet him for the brunch that he had promised her. If he had waited too much longer, Lilythe really was considering at least asking Mateo or the twins to pester him about it. While she couldn't exactly blame him for not getting to it immediately--especially since she had dropped the bombshell about her going on a date with someone else--Lilythe had started to get concerned that maybe everything had been a façade and that he wasn't truly ready to be friends again. If she was honest with herself, there was a part of her that truly worried that this was the case. 

Taking a seat at one of the tables, Lilythe waited for Shadow to arrive. 

Shadow's first day back at camp was alright. It was better than seeing Lilythe's face when she chose to part from him and seeing that she was willing to give him a chance simply delighted him. The thought of her going out with Azrael began to bother him. He tried not to show it to her but she knew him long enough to pick it up easily. A sigh escaped his lips. Is he really not over her? Or does he simply not like the idea of her being with another man when they had just broke up months ago? He could not know, but it made sense. That time when that man pushed him off a cliff during a game of Capture the Flag. He was almost convinced it was because his team was winning but he knew the real reason. It never dawned on him that he had feelings for his former lover at the time and apparently still does now. He shook his head. And he was still willing to let bygones be bygones even after suffering a concussion after that fall. If Shadow had not use that damage control spell in the last second, he would have suffered brain damage.

So that is one to keep in mind of. If he ever sees him whether in Capture the Flag or not, he wanted to have a chat with him without fighting. Just two grown ups putting their past behind. Shadow was willing to change for her but the more he thought about it, the more it was for himself. If he had changed, will she be able to love him again? Will there be a possibility of them getting back together? Lilythe left an imprint on him that was perhaps more impactful than he had thought. Closing his eyes for the moment, he finally got up from his bed and started to get ready. Today is the day of their brunch and he was the one who gave her the invitation.

Shadow left the Hecate cabin in a more casual fit that consisted of shorts, sneakers, and a graphic tee. It was not a date but just a meeting between two friends. An engagement. He knew that seating himself down in front of Lilythe would bring about rumors but he did not mind. He would never let it have him stray from his goal which he would be very pleased to be her friend once more like the times before they were together - even when he was actually friends with Azrael. Finally approaching the mess hall, he stopped short of his steps. In there waits his former lover and possibly others who are watching from a distance out of curiosity. No. He had been waiting for this moment. That's why he invited her in the first place to test himself.

Heading inside, he could see her already sat down. If she looked to him, Shadow would wave at her as he paraded past the tables. He rested his arm on the surface of the table as he sat across from her, his lips curled into a soft smile. "Morning, Lilythe. Apologies if I kept you waiting. I think I overslept."

Lilythe didn't have to wait long before Shadow showed up. She smiled sweetly at him as he sat down. There was a soft tug on her heartstrings as he said her name. It had always sounded so nice coming from him. "Not at all. I haven't been here but a few minutes." Falling back into her old patterns, she reached her hand across the table and grabbed his. A blush came to her cheeks as she realized what she had done out of habit and let go of it quickly. "Sorry... habits..." Her gaze shifted from him off to the side so she could regain some composure.

After a second or two, she looked back at him. "So how have your first few days back at camp been?" Lilythe wasn't certain exactly what he had decided to do with his free time. Now that he wasn't one of the kids, he didn't really have a schedule he had to adhere to, and Lilythe hadn't really tried to keep tabs on him. She was too busy sorting out her own emotions to worry too much about the activities of the others. "Catch up with anyone else?" There were quite a few older campers that were returning. James, like Lilythe, had never really left. But Larissa, Azrael, and several others in the over 20 crowd were showing up.

To be honest, Lilythe worried about Shadow. When they had broken up, there were quite a few people who had flocked to Lilythe like she was some broken thing that needed protection. But she had never felt that way. She felt like he had clung to her because he was afraid of being alone. It was possible that she was completely off the mark. But they had been together for many years. She liked to think that she knew him. So when people came to comfort her, but she didn't see him get the same, it had broken her heart for him. Though, he had run off pretty quickly afterward. There hadn't been much time for people to try to comfort him.

Trying to clear her mind of those sad thoughts, Lilythe tried to think back to the times that they had been happy together. She thought about his laugh. It was something she hadn't heard in a long time. She certainly couldn't remember the last time she had. Shadow hadn't always been controlling and possessive. He started out as a wonderful partner. Part of her wondered if that man was still in there somewhere.

It was not long since he had seen her but there goes that feeling again. His heart skipping a beat when she smiled as he sat across from her. Oh no. Is he really going to catch feelings for her again? Shadow was convinced that he had gotten over her but it was clear to him that seeing her a couple days ago for the first time in a while that they are still there. His affection for her has not really left and she could tell from the way he spoke her name. Though when her hand to reach out to grab his, he quickly shot her a glance. He was about to ask himself if she still had feelings for him only for her to express that it was just out of habit. Yet when she let it go, a hand hastily grabbed hers in turn. Wait, he thought. He was looking at her again before shock befell into him. He gulped, holding her hand far longer than he should before letting go. "Yeah... habits." Shadow took a second to give himself a slightly deep breath to regain his composure. There was a soft warmth that etched his cheeks as he looked away from her for a moment.

"They have been... alright." He nodded to her. "I caught up with Cabin Twenty a couple at a time. The Harrington twins are still here and the cabin is still a mess just like I had left it." A soft chuckle parted his lips. "Spooky magic during the evening but pretty much your regular campers during the day. We still try to work our magic so we can find spells we can actually use when the sun isn't below the horizon." In truth, Shadow despised the fact that their abilities is limited by the time of day so he'd find ways to work around it. If only he had umbrakinesis like Asher and Tristan. How come they got it? "As for anyone else... I've noticed some people have come back." Larissa for one but he had spotted Azrael coming out of Cabin Sixteen once. He can recognize the guy from afar. "It's nice that this is happening. This camp needs more older campers to guide them such as yourself." Shadow knew he is very well one of them but he'd shy out of a leadership role.

When she broke her decision to part from him, Shadow packed his belongings and was gone the next day. He did not take it very well and everyone knew that, Lilythe more than most. He was convinced that he was the perfect partner for her but he had not really sensed her discontentment until she expressed it with her voice. He never liked remembering that moment but he could not help it when she's here. There was this huge part of him that regretted his actions and felt remorse for what he did and he wished he was given some time to change. Like taking a break. He loved her so much... he was willing to do what it takes to make her happy but for her, it felt like it was to make himself happy.

He shook his head. Now that they are here alone, the least he could do is get out a few words. "Hey, listen. Um," Shadow grew hesitant as his heart began to beat more quickly but steady pace. "Lilythe... I'm sorry. For what I did to you. For the damage I have caused to you and your friends. I know it felt like I meant them when I didn't. I just wished... that I was a better boyfriend to you. Wished I had made things better." His hands then holding her hands together, he gave her a sincere look. "I've always loved you. I suppose... it turned into a disaster." Brushing his thumb into her skin, he continued.

"I'm sorry."

Lilythe listened intently as Shadow recounted what he had done since returning to camp. He seemed to be settling himself back into the routine. She was happy to hear that. "Learn any new and interesting spells?"

She had been mid-thought when he began his apology. He took her hand in his once more and began to stroke her hand with his thumb. Her cheeks flushed once more as Lilythe felt that immediate urge to comfort him coupled with the familiar sensation of his skin against hers.

She could feel the remorse in his voice. For all the difficulties they had, Lilythe had never once thought that Shadow hadn't cared about her. When he hurt her, he always felt genuine remorse and regret. Sometimes it took him a while to figure out what he had done, but once he did he he apologized. That was what made it hard for her to stay upset with him. "Shadow..." Lilythe squeezed his hand for reassurance. "It wasn't all bad. And I didn't stop loving you just because things got rough. I still do." She confessed. It was true. She couldn't deny how she felt about him. Feelings don't just disappear overnight.

"We just don't work right now." She didn't remove her hand from his. Instead she squeezed it again. "I was never mad. I just needed things to be healthier for us." Us. Lilythe could feel that tug once more at her heartstrings.

She couldn't say that she wanted to get back together with Shadow. But she couldn't say that she was completely closed off to the idea either. Azrael was new and unknown. She wasn't sure how serious he truly was, or if they would even be truly compatible once the lust died down between them. She knew Shadow. She knew that he loved her, that he would happily stay with her for years. And there was some comfort in that.

"I haven't touched a grimoire in several months so I helped myself to more than a few texts in mother's cabin." While Shadow did not have umbrakinesis, he excelled in the mystic arts and mist control. You'd find him working with his half-siblings on charms, incantations, and even casting without an oral cue. There are lots of spells that would take more than a single person to produce the desired effect - no matter how powerful they are - and he was happy to cooperate just to see the process. "I have been... working on a few spells that may or may not be performed at the upcoming Capture the Flag. I can't say since you might be in the opposite team but I've had the entire cabin do the same. Our magic may be weak during the day but we could at least perform a number of spells that don't cost us much."

Shadow knew that he was not that great of a person, especially someone with emotional issues. There's always room to mature mentally and he just needed the time and resources but for him, Lilythe is a double-edged sword. She may be the best person he could have or the worst person that could indirectly drive him into a hole he may never come back out of. He certainly has talked to many, but there is none who cared more for him other than her which was simply the reason he was willing to go long for her. He never stopped loving her and there's no doubt he'll take the chance if the possibility of them being back together exists. When he felt a squeeze from her hand, he looked up to meet her eyes. He was looking down out of shame as he could not bring himself to look at her as he confessed to his actions.

At least, it's better than a flat out no. "You're right. And I'm willing to make it up to you." Instead, he was convinced quite easily that they could be back together. Perhaps she just needed a little push. "With everything that his happening right now... me coming back and... Azrael... I suppose us still being friends is the best path we can take." It's not ideal, Shadow knew, but the thought pleased him when it could make her happy. "I do appreciate you being honest. I'm glad I got it out of my chest. I was upset when you said you wanted to break up, but I'm happy we're catching up now." Quite frankly, he was still glad they are on speaking terms even more so when she said she still loved him. If only things do get healthier.

"Lilythe... I still love you. I won't deny it but... if it means a lot to you, then I'll try to work with being friends." It was the honest truth. He was not sure if he could actually accomplish that given the circumstances but he wanted to give her realistic expectations. 

Hearing Shadow talk about his spellwork helped ease some of her tension. It really was like old times. He got a look on his face when he talked about it that she could only describe as endearing. He was passionate about his interests. It had been one of the things that had drawn her to him in the first place. Lilythe could be fairly malleable in her approach to things, so she very rarely experienced the kind of passion that Shadow and Azrael seemed to have in spades. She envied them that. It was, perhaps, the exact reason she was attracted to them.

Shaking her head softly, Lilythe looked at Shadow. "You don't owe me anything Shadow. I just want you to figure out how to be happy, you know?" That was the honest truth. If he had known how to be happy outside of her, perhaps Shadow wouldn't have been so possessive. Things might have improved. But he had always seemed dependent on her company. "I think friends is a great place to start." Lilythe smiled a genuine smile at him.

He still loved her. She had known, but somehow hearing them made it more real. She felt her heart ache. She wanted to be able to tell him that everything would be okay if he would just work on fixing his issues. If he learned how to share her time, and let her have friends. But things were more complicated now than they had been when they separated. And that was saying something, since it had been fairly complicated then. But Lilythe had discovered her feelings for Azrael. Now she didn't know what she wanted.

It had been several minutes, and she realized that she was still holding Shadow's hand. Her cheeks flushed ever so slightly. I've missed you. She thought. Where have you been? The Shadow before her now reminded her far more of the boy she had fallen for in the first place.

How... to be happy?

Shadow was not sure what she meant by that at the moment. He would always feel happy in the company of his friends, half-siblings, and her. He loved her so much that he felt the desire to make it up to her. Make up his wrongdoings and then maybe... things could go back to where they were. She was the kind of person that gave her full effort to any camper she would meet, given that some would call her their big sister. Kind. Caring. Generous. Thoughtful. Empath. Those were the kind of qualities Shadow loved about her and he still does today. It allowed for him to see camp as his second home. His overprotectiveness was draining her and he thought maybe if he did less of that, then she can breathe. He knows he can't spend time with her twenty-four / seven, otherwise it's going to be like right before he left. 

And Lilythe was not exactly rejecting his hand either. He wanted to hold it for a bit longer, wanting to remember that feeling of when they were dating. When he was nothing more elated with the warmth in her words, voice, and body. Looking down at their hands, he let his thumb brush against her skin once more. "There's not a day where I did not think about you. I was so upset... but you still reminded me how much impact you made in my life. You were the only, if not the best, woman I have ever met. So when you said you're going out on a date with him, my gut could not take it." It was the honest truth. Shadow always believed that man was an obstacle to his love life. Despite trying not to condone killing him, he had been a sticky thorn. "I don't like it, but I have to live with it. You are your own person. It's not my place to keep you."

A flush hit her cheeks as she felt the gentle caress of Shadow's thumb on her hand. It was soothing and familiar. She had genuinely missed this kind of closeness with him. Part of her wondered if he fixed things, would she really be able to make it work with him? There was so much history there and she still desperately wanted him happy. If he's really changed... maybe it would work this time...

"Shadow... I didn't mean to hurt you when I told you. I just felt I owed it to you to hear it from me, and not as a rumor floating around camp." Lilythe looked him in the eyes. Her cheeks were still dusted a light pink, and she continued. "I don't want to lie to you, or pretend like they may not get more serious in the future. But for right now... it's casual. I'm not committing to anyone. I think I just need to be on my own for a little while and remember what I want from a relationship."

Lilythe hoped that this would be enough to help ease whatever heartache Shadow had over the matter. Though she had to admit that she was very impressed by the progress that Shadow had made even in just the few months since they had parted. She heard him say that it wasn't his place to keep her, and Lilythe almost believed that he might be capable of being a good partner again. She felt an ache in her heart, because she had wanted that so badly when they had been together. "I'm proud of you..." She said softly.

The urge to wrap Shadow in an embrace was overwhelming. She wanted to comfort him, and to let him know that she cared about him still. But she didn't trust herself not to cross a line and send mixed signals. While she very much cared about him and was proud of the progress he was making. She needed to make sure that it was real before she willingly returned to him. At the same time, she also owed it to herself to explore her feelings with Azrael and see whether that was whom she truly desired. Things felt far too complicated.

The rumors that were going around camp bothered him. He felt a slight disdain towards campers who think they even have a role in their relationship but it was never enough to instigate violence. If it was not for Lilythe, he would have gone around and began a solo investigation until he found the source of the rumors. Who the hell do these people think they are, he thought at the time. Despite that, Shadow did not care about his image and would have gone through lengths to make himself happy with her.  Sometimes, we do bad things for the people we love. It doesn't mean it's right; it means love his more important was another thought that came to mind as he continued to set an affectionate gaze towards his former girlfriend. But it did not matter if your partner felt unhappy. Shadow did not want to see that face again when she expressed her decision to break up. It was crushing.

"Okay." He gave her a soft nod. "I understand." Shadow knew very well what she meant by that. She grew unhappy in the months before she finally broke free of his grasp but not everyone knows what they want in a relationship. Even himself and that could be something he ought to explore on his own time. Happiness. Love. Embrace. More importantly, he wondered how he can make it happen and what he could have done better but she would not be the right person to ask. Not right now. Hearing that it is casual, it was somewhat of a relief but it could not change the fact that Azrael was gunning for her. That he has feelings for her. He was proving to be an nuisance but he won't tell her that. Not over his dead body.

"I..." He paused with a soft smile. "I'm proud of you too." It certainly felt nice to get it off his chest and for them to express their honesty. This is what was needed for the both of them. Even when they don't get back together, the possibility of being friends remained high and Lilythe would be most delighted at the outcome. However, a part of Shadow wanted more. Wanted to prove that he is a better boyfriend than before - one step at a time. "You're beautiful as the day I left you." The tenderness of his voice was there as a slight red etched his cheeks. He wanted to be with back with her so bad and she already knew that. Shadow licked his lips.

"We should get some grub. Looks like honesty was in the menu." He chuckled, mused at his comment. "Thank you, Lilythe. I'm glad we were together."

Lilythe's cheeks turned a bright shade of pink. "Shadow..." His compliment was so sweet. Lilythe didn't know what to say. She wanted to tell him he was handsome. She watched as he licked his lips, and she couldn't help but miss the taste of his tongue against hers. Being his friend wasn't going to be easy--because there was still a part of her that had wished things could have worked. Squeezing his hand once more, Lilythe wasn't sure what else she could do.

Grateful for his change of subject. Lilythe finally released his hand and began to stand up. "Well let's go get our food then." There wasn't much of a line in the mess hall at this time of day. She walked over there and took her tray. The food was simple enough, but the bottomless goblets of whatever you wanted to drink couldn't really be beat. Right now, Lilythe wanted an alcoholic drink--but she figured that wasn't in her best interest--so she settled on sweet tea.

Generally, the cabins would sit at their own tables. They didn't mix. But Lilythe always had a little bit of leeway as she was, basically, the acting Director while Mr. D and Chiron were gone. So nobody thought anything of it when she joined them at their tables. It was something she was grateful for, since she had so many friends across the camp. Today it had allowed her to sit with Shadow at the Hecate table.

As she returned to the table with her tray, she watched Shadow. Her eyes trailed over his body, lingering on his face. How long had it been since she had seen him this relaxed and happy? Part of her wondered if it had been her that had been bad for him. He seems so much more free now.

Shadow wanted to delve into the moments when they were together. He missed her. He missed holding her hand. Pecking her lips. Every part of her that warranted a special kind of intimacy he could not find himself getting anywhere else. The idea of being friends with her settling with him but if it allowed her to be happy with him then he was willing to make it happen for them. All he could do was to agree to her request and then give it a try. Getting up to grab an empty tray, he filled his food what he thought is a healthy combination of brunch. With a pair of tongs, he placed pieces of barbeque, grapes, sliced apples, and strawberries - thinking he'll get the rest for later. And before he could sit himself back at the Hecate table, a meal would not be completed with one of the enchanted goblets which were only empty if a demigod has not touched it.

He settled for a mixed berry smoothie. Shadow thanked the wood nymphs with a soft nod and finally returned to his seat. He was not a big eater but he was a fan of maintaining a healthy diet. This is, at least, the one thing he would keep check for himself with a growing consciousness. About to dive into his food, he could feel a lingering pair of eyes on his face and it came from the woman sitting across from him. The same woman he had admitted that he still has feelings for. He was grinning. "Is there something on my face?" A hand was brushing over his facial skin. "I thought I washed my face this morning..." Shadow was growing bashful, perhaps a sight reserved for Lilythe. If she were anyone else, he would otherwise be fine.

"I wanted to ask. Any promising campers for Capture the Flag? Us veterans should be watching out of them." And he did not mean it in a bad way but rather, he was eager to see how much they had grown. 

"It's just nice to see you this relaxed. It's been a long time since you've smiled like that." Lilythe confessed as Shadow caught her staring at him. She blushed and began to poke at her food with her fork. She was struggling to maintain that friendship boundary line. Things hadn't been perfect when they were together, but they weren't all bad either. Lilythe's feelings for him hadn't evaporated. "It makes me happy to see it."

Grateful for a change of topic, Lilythe happily answered Shadow's questions. "Honestly? I think just about any of them could be decent contenders. Most of the kids are the same ones you know. After all, you didn't leave camp that long ago. But we have a couple new teens and pre-teens. I'm mostly worried about making sure the little kids are safe." It was her job to help guide them into being heroes of legend and warriors. Or at least, have the potential for that. But that didn't make it any easier when these games came around that were actually dangerous. She tried to placate herself by reminding herself that they would be in more danger if they were at home where the monsters could sense them.

"Looking forward to it?" She asked curiously. Mostly, she wondered if he was worried about it since there was a history there.

A wave of relief washed over him as she commented otherwise but it left him to mull over what she had meant by that. It was true. In the months before their relationship took to an end, he could not bring himself to smile and if he did, it was unnatural or forceful. She knew him long enough to know that but how could he at the time when he was occupied with how others think they can be in the way of their love? It made him furious but he could never show it to her. If she knew all along then it was something to apologize once more for. "That's a relief." He said. He wanted to look good for her on their first engagement in a while.

"That's good to hear. I will be there to help you. I know I'm not a cabin leader but it is something I can contribute to our home. To train our kids to become exceptional warriors. I am aware that some don't share the fighting spirit but the least thing we could do is get them to support each other. Hm, we are all facing monsters under their whim. It's best to train them for any situation that could be thrown at them." It was before he grew possessive of Lilythe that he has proven to be a great role model to many campers. He held classes to teach them the skills they will need, one of which is to how to deal with the magic of Hecate's children. With its virtually endless possibilities of what they could cast, it's good to know to expect anything from them, especially during the evenings.

Giving her an eager nod, he had given it some thought. "The game is where we truly test our abilities as a demigod to the real world. We could be facing other demigods out there or monsters that we have yet to see. Besides, I want to see what the kids have under their sleeves." Shadow finally took his first bite of the meat and savored the tenderness. When he finished, he placed a straw onto the goblet and got his first sip. "I always look forward to it. You know that, right?

Lilythe nodded as Shadow spoke. "Exactly. I mean, I want to give them as best a childhood as I can. But I still have to make sure that they can defend themselves out there." Lilythe hated every time she was informed that a camper wouldn't be returning due to an encounter outside the camp. She felt like she had personally failed them, even though that wasn't truly the case. Chiron had told her many times that she took on too much responsibility for the decisions of others.

Lilythe smiled softly. "I actually didn't know that." She replied honestly. "I kind of thought after that one game where you got pretty injured that you hated it. I'm glad to hear that isn't the case." She was counting on him, and some of the other older campers, to help the kids get into the spirit of the game without going too overboard. The older teens could be a bit impulsive, so the actual adults were her only real hope at balance.

Lilythe continued to eat her brunch, slowly. She was enjoying that her and Shadow could sit and talk and have a normal conversation. How many years has it been? She began to wonder. Things had been so different in the last few years of their relationship. She hoped that things would stay like this for a while. Lilythe had forgotten how much fun he could be when he was himself, and not trying to control her.

Shadow also shared the responsibility of the campers safety as very few would be inclined to take on such a role but Lilythe inspired him to do it. After seeing her treat these kids like her own, he wanted to do the same and see how it impacted him. When asked about camp, she said it was like her second home and he could not agree more - so he started treating it like one. He was there for her whenever she grieved a camper. He would embrace her while she cried or just being in her presence even if she did not ask. However, he could not bring himself to grieve; at least, not in front of her. 

"Yeah well..." He was furious after that game and set out to hash a plan to return the favor but Azrael left camp before he could do anything. "That's more than why we teach campers how to survive out there. You never know when someone who you think wouldn't push you off a cliff... push you off a cliff." Shadow continued to munch on his food, mulling over at the thought of the upcoming game- only to set a gaze towards Lilythe. How long as it been since they had a meal together? He had to admit, he could not be more pleasant when he wasn't trying to control her. He felt confined himself as if she only exists to be a part of him.

"Hey Lilythe." He spoke up. "I was wondering if, should you have no plans... if you wanted to go canoeing with me. As friends of course. If you're busy, that's fine with me too. Just wanted to ask since you're here." To be honest, Shadow wanted to experience what it was like when the both of them were without the constraints he made. When they were truly a couple... before he can give those feelings a proper send off.

Lilythe gave Shadow a soft look that somehow demonstrated both compassion and frustration. She knew that Azrael pushing Shadow down the side of Zeus's Fist was a topic that was still sore for him. But she also really hoped the two of them could put the past behind them. It had been more than five years, after all. "Be nice Shadow..."

She let him finish his meal in peace, after all, she didn't have anything to add to that particular subject. But before he finished he asked a questions she hadn't been expecting. Friends could go canoeing, right? She didn't really want to cut their time short. He was being so sweet and she really had missed this side of him. "I... Yeah, we could do that." She nodded.

Lilythe rose from the table and offered the leftovers to the gods at the fireplace. As she returned to the table, she looked at him. "Ready to go?"

Shadow rolled his eyes at Lilythe's comment to being nice. He looked up at her with a smirk as he finished the bite in his mouth "I make no promises, but I will try to be on my best behavior, for you" he says with a cautious tone in his voice. While he was finishing up his food, Lilythe had already finished what food she wanted and then proceeded to ask him if he was ready to go. Shadow looked slightly lost when he met her gaze, he had just finished all of his food. "Ready? Are we going Canoeing now?" he questioned. Not that he would deny going, he was just a little shocked that she was wanting to go right away. 

Shadow rose from his seat, threw his trash away and then walked back over to Lilythe "I'm ready" he says brushing his hand against hers about to grab it but stopping himself just before he followed through with it. Slow down Shadow, this is just as friends, he says to himself. Shaking his head, he walked ahead opening the door up for her "Lead the way" he smirks with a small gleamer in his eyes. 

Lilythe smiled. She was glad that Shadow would at least try for her. If she could keep him and Azrael civil, things would be alright in the end. At least, that was her hope. She wasn't sure what her heart really wanted right now. But if the boys could at least be civil, she knew she could handle anything. "That's all I can ask, Shadow"

"Of course! Why not? It's still warm out, and I'd rather go do it now than wait until the sun starts setting." She blushed softly as she felt his hand graze against hers. It was hard not to grab his, but she didn't want to send mixed signals. She was trying to figure things out. If she went back to him, she wanted to make sure it was what she really wanted and that he had really changed this time. She didn't want to do it simply because it felt familiar and convenient. Especially now that Azrael was in the picture and there were new feelings to explore.

Lilythe stepped out the door as he opened it and she began to walk down towards the boathouse where the canoes were stored. It was quiet on the grounds for some reason. She figured the campers were all busy preparing for Capture the Flag. They might even be planning their strategies. Either way, it meant that it was just the two of them down by the lake. "I might need your help untying the canoe from the rack. I think the Hephaestus kids were the last to use them, and they always over tighten the ropes." Lilythe said, getting on her tiptoes trying to get the top canoe off the rack.

As Lilythe walked out the door, Shadow couldn't help but follow her body movement. Let the door shut, Shadow followed next to her, listening to her speak. He chuckled when she mentioned what the Hephaestus kids do. "Well I can definitely help hun" he says reassuring. Once they got to where the canoes were, he watched as Lilythe tried to reach for the canoe. Enjoying his view, he realized this was a perfect chance to implement his plan. With her distracted focused on the canoes, he smiled and focused closely on the feelings, he knows she still has for him. Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes for a moment, focusing his energy. He waved his hand, and conjured an image into her mind. This image showed, her catching Azrael talking to another girl, being slightly flirtatious. 

Shadow smiled with the happiness of seeing her before him, and hoping that image playing real in her mind, will help her want to focus more on the feelings she has for him and not Azrael. Taking another breath and relaxing, he reached his arm up above her "Alright shorty, I watched you struggle long enough" he says with a chuckle and huge smile on his face. Untying the ropes, pulling the canoe down, he smiled at Lilythe "What else we need, Miss Camp Director?" he questioned teasingly at her.

Lilythe had been so focused on trying to get the canoe down that she didn't realize that Shadow had done anything. Unbidden the image of Azrael flirting with some girl back in New Rome came to her mind. She immediately felt doubt about his sincerity with her, but tried to brush it aside. What did she care if he had some girl back there before? He obviously still chose to come home. He still chose her in the end. She had dated Shadow, afterall. Azrael was allowed to have exes. It was just insecurity.

She shook that thought from her mind as she felt Shadow come up behind her. His body still had that familiar warmth. Lilythe felt her heartbeat increase as she remembered what his touch had felt like. Things with Shadow hadn't always been bad. In fact, he had never really been a bad lover. It was his possessiveness that got in the way. If he managed to get over that, he would probably make some girl very happy someday--Lilythe thought to herself. He lifted the canoe over her with ease, and as she turned to help put it down she found herself face to face with him.

"I... um..." Her cheeks flushed at being this close to him again. "Oars. We need oars." She bit her lip softly. She could get around him to go grab them without pushing past. So instead she found herself standing there with her face inches from his.

Just as Shadow went to set the canoe down, Lilythe had turned around, her face inches from his. His eyes widen in surprise, his mind started to race for just a moment of all the feelings and how they use to be. For a moment he started into her eyes,  then without warning or really any thought to it, he smiled wrapping his hands around her, leaning in his lips brushed softly against her lips, as he plants a small kiss upon her lips. Shadow was lost in the moment, it felt as if nothing had changed and they were still together to this day. 

Shadow snapped too when his thoughts went to Azrael holding her for a split moment, he stumbled back slightly letting Lilythe go "I'm sorry, I got caught up in the moment" he said quickly, Damn I have got to be careful, I keep slipping up and it's going to mess things up...he thought to himself. "Here let me help you down, and you can grab those oras, so we can get out on the lake!" he said with excitement. Helping her down, he shook his head trying to clear it, he picked up the canoe and headed out the door while he waited for Lilythe, he needed to get out of the little shake for a moment to get his composure without Lilythe noting anything strange.

Lilythe didn't have much time to process their close proximity before she felt herself being pulled into a kiss. It was soft, and tender. Like the first time they had kissed back when they were young. She closed her eyes and melted into it, the familiar warmth of his lips pressed to hers almost comforting. She could remember all the good times that the two of them had shared before he changed. It wasn't until she got a flash of a thought about Azrael that she was able to break herself from the kiss, right at the same time he did.

"I... um..." Her cheeks flushed. "No, I get it. Old habits right..." She squirmed where she stood, clearly a little uncomfortable. It wasn't that she didn't care about him. If she was being honest, she had probably gone along with it because she clearly did still feel something. But now that she had, she was embarrassed. They were supposed to be moving on.

Letting him help her down, Lilythe walked at a brisk pace to the other side of the boathouse to grab the oars. She grabbed them off the wall and quickly got into the canoe. "Let's.... Let's get going." She said, clearly wanting to move past their lapse in judgment.

~~~End RP~~~

• Like 1

Important Information

Terms of Use