bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Julia meets her first friend at camp

Julia Dutkiewicz

Julia had just got finished talking with Lilythe, and was super excited for the bonfire that night. She was ready to find out who her mom or dad could be, and what kind of gifts she would get from them. She loved her adoptive family, and was so excited to finally have a family to call hers. To have that all twisted upside down on her, was a crazy adventure in of itself, she hated just getting a family and then now this, but super excited to be able to find out a least half of her real family is. 

Julia thanked Lilythe for answering her questions, and walked out the door, into the camp. Staring at the camp, Julia started to feel overwhelmed seeing all the campers running around. "Wow" she said to herself, as she tried to think where to even go. Lilythe said that I could go to some cabin, but she couldn't remember the name, she was bad at remembering names. So instead of heading toward said cabin, she took a seat one the step of the big house, and decided she would just watch the campers do their things.

@ Kenna Rhys

• Like 1

Now that she was getting a bit older, meaning she had her first summer in her belt of sort. Now she wasn't so new as some of the other campers who had come into camp after her. Playing with her little machine she kept in her pocket. It was what she did when she got a bit nervous. Kenna was a very shy girl who didn't really talk too much to too many people as she was better with machines than people. The camp was a bit busier than it was at the end of the year. She looked over to the big house to see a girl who looked around her age at the steps.

At first she was debating in her head if she should go or not.....but then I would have to talk to her.......a person.........but maybe she is shy like me and needs help. The debate was going on and on in her head. To someone on the outside it might look a bit weird but she was taking a step towards her and then back. Until a part in her head won to help the girl. Walking up to her, she felt like she was going to die inside but made it in front of Julia. "Ummmm hi, are you new?

Julia noticed a girl in the distance that seem to be headed toward her, but wasn't make much progress at first. This made Julia slightly uneasy not knowing what the girl was doing. Julia watched out of curiosity thought, until the girl actually followed through and walked up to her, causing Julia to stand up to greet her. "Umm hi, yes, I just got here last night. My name is Julia, what is yours?" Julia brought her hand out in a greet motation, as she introduced herself. Studying the girl, she noticed that she had one hand in her pocket, messing with something, which intridged Julia, being the curious girl that she was. "What are you messing with in your pocket?" she questioned her with a smile. 

Before the girl could answer though, Julia asked started to ask more questions "Are you new here? How old are you? I'm 12 by the way. Do you know who your god parent is?" stopping to take a breath, she gave a shy smile "I'm sorry, when I get nervous, I start to ramble ask a lot of question" apologizing for bombarding her with a bunch of questions.

• Like 1

Kenna was looking at Julia every once in a while, but then found herself looking at the ground. But then keep trying to encourage herself to look up. When she did the girl who was talking to her seemed to look very nice. "I am Kenna" she pointed to herself with a shy smile. Her brain was telling her to run now as it was just easier to be in the forge working alongside with the others....meaning her half siblings! Her heart was saying to stay and make a friend and that it was going so well. Her hand was taking apart the little machine by itself when Julia asked what it was. "Oh no was I doing it again?" she said to herself as she looked embarrassed as her mom was always telling her she needed to stop doing that around others as it makes them feel uneasy. 

But soon as the girl finished that question, she asked a bunch more. It was like getting hit with so much energy all at once. "ummmmm" is what she started with as her mind went blank. Oh gosh was she going to blank.......what was her age......was she new. "NOOO" she got out but then laughed a little "I am not that new anymore but I am thirteen now" she began to play with her machine again "My dad is Hephaestus." Taking it out she showed the little machine car in her hand. Working fast she took it apart and then back together again. "This is what I do when I get nervous." Smiling she was trying to show the girl that they were not so different after all.  

"Hi Kenna, it's nice to meet you" she says with a smile, as the girl started to stutter a bit from all the questions. Julia giggled a little from it, just as Kenna pulled out a neat little car, and started taking it apart and putting it back together so quickly "wow your really good! how do you do that??" she questioned her, as she watched in amazement. "Can I try?" she says with smile, Julia was very curious how the car worked, if there was some type of trick to it, or what and she really wanted to find out, so she hoped that Kenna would let her. 

"Oh, how long have you been here? did you always know your dad was Hephaestus?" she questioned her more, but this time in a slower more quizatize manner, trying not to overwhelm her again. "I have to wait tell this bonfire thing, I was adopted, so i don't know who my real mom or dad is" she comments to the girl. 

• Like 1

Kenna had played with this little car so many different times that she lost count. It was the first thing she made that wasn't a weapon when she got to camp this past summer. After putting it back together it seemed the girl in front of her wanted to play with it. Putting it on her hand she held it out for the girl to take. "Well I did build it so I know it in and out" she giggled a little bit. Maybe that was weird to some but to her it was totally understandable. "I can help if you get stuck, I have done it like a thousand times already....some of my siblings say I could do it in my sleeep" she blushed as she looked to the side. 

The next questions were not so fast so it was a bit better. The energy this girl had was not bad but it was way more than she was used to being from her cabin. "Wellll I think it was back in summer 2021" she said thinking a bit cause time seemed to go a bit slower for her since she was claimed. "Noooooo but I do live with my mom in North Carolina....she is a jewelry maker" Kenna was excited to get to talk to someone about herself. As she was always listening to the others around her. It was kind of strange as she hadn't really talked to her dad but that was told to her was normal. "The gods dont talk to their kids too much, they don't like to show too much favor" she rolled her eyes.

Then looking out at the camp in front of them, it was busy with activity but she didn't know if Julia had been around it just yet. "Have you seen the camp? I could show you around while you play with the car." This was a hopeful statement as she didn't know if the girl was even having fun talking to her.  

Julia got excited when Kenna put her hand out with the little car in hand, she reached out and grabbed the car. She turned it over and over in her fingers, trying to figure out where she should start, when Kenna mentioned that she is the one that made it, and could possibly do it in her sleep "WHAT! that's awesome!!" she exclaimed. Julia tugged at a couple stops, she didn't want to break the little car, that was the last thing she needed to do. Finally she found the sweet spot and popped it open, soon the car came apart easily, now laying in Julia's had was the pieces of the car "oh my, this looks way harder than it looked, watching you put it back together" she commented, but was still determined. 

As Julia fettled with the little car, Kenna mentioned that she lived with her mom, and how the godly parents don't really talk with their children. Which made Julia stop and look up at the girl with slight disappointment "Really? I was really hoping I would get to meet my mom or dad and talk with them!" she could feel her heart swell just a bit, but she calmed herself down and just thought, well maybe it's not all of them, and she will get to talk to her mom or dad. She studied the car, concentrating on it to keep herself from getting to worked up, because that thought may have calmed her down, but now her mind was racing even more. 

"No actually, I had just got done talking with Lilythe and just came outside, she told me I could wait at some cabin, but I am bad with names and couldn't remember it, so I figured, it would be best to just sit here and wait, then to get lost in this huge camp" she gestured with her free hand, as the other was holding all the little pieces of the car. Getting a couple pieces together she got excited "Look! I'm getting it!" she exclaims, and then smiles big "of course! I would love to see the camp, if you don't mind hanging out with me?" she questioned with a shy smile.

• Like 1

Kenna watched how excited Julia got when she let her take the little car she played with in her pocket. This put a big smile on her face as she was happy to see her creation bring joy to others, other than herself of course. It was fun to see Julia figure the thing out how to open it. Kenna covered her mouth as she giggled from happiness. "Well you will get there, I know it. I can help too if you need it" she spoke with so much happiness in her voice. Much different than it was when she first started talking to Julia. Maybe it was the fact the girl seemed to be super kind or it might be that she wasn't ditching Kenna like those girls did back in her own middle school. 

Kenna was not the best in reading people, that came from her dad who had always be amazing at building things but not the best with people. So when she told Julia that the God's did not speak to their kids. She noticed maybe she said the wrong thing as the girl looked disappointed.......Oh no, what if she gets mad at me cause of this and stops talking to me.....the thoughts were going on and on in her head. "Well they are God's, but maybe they will talk to you.....but at least you will have siblings to bond with." She said rather quickly as she was nervous now. 

Trying to find a better subject than the God's not really caring about their kids. She was happy to see that Julia did not mind the change of subject. "Ohh that must mean the Hermes Cabin, which is where all unclaimed campers go" she said with a big smile. Kenna had stayed there when she wasn't claimed. "Come on it is this way" she waved and pointed to the U shape of cabins. Then seeing that Julia had figured out a few pieces she beamed "That is great Julia....you will have it figured out in no time!" seeing the excitement on the younger girls face. Now that Kenna had been with her a bit, she was feeling a bit braver in talking to her as it was getting easier to know what to say after all. "I don't mind, I think it will be fun!" 

Julia smiled at Kenna when she offered her help, but Julia was stubborn and always liked to try to do things on her own, and honestly doesn't like to ask for help. "Thank you, but it's more fun to figure it out on my own! but if I get stuck to where I think I might break it, then I'll ask you for help" she comments with a grin. Just then Kenna pointed the way, gesturing to follow her toward a bunch of cabins, as Julia glanced between where she was walking and the car she spoke to Kenna, "so everyone here just lives in cabins with their half siblings?" she questioned her with a weird look on her. It kinda seemed similar to a orphanage, except that is just one big home, at least these are separated out, she thought to herself. 

"Thank you bunches for offering to show me around" Julia stated as she got another piece together, and beamed with excitement again. Julia was determined to figure this car out, but she was also very interested in what she might learn about this camp from her new friend Kenna. So Julia tried to pay close attention as they made their way to the cabins. "Can you come with me to the bonfire tonight?" she questioned Kenna, Julia was actually really nervous to be claimed, and if she could have Kenna with her, it might make things easier for her.

• Like 1

Kenna did not know too much about this girl but it was fun being around her. Nodding her head to the girls comment of figuring it out herself. She sort of knew this feeling from her own training in the forge. Part of her had great instincts for metals and such but then there was also a lot more she could learn from them about weapons and such. Walking towards the cabins she spoke about, it was going to be a lot of fun showing Julia around. "Yeah, it is a lot of fun. I mean living with your half siblings is cool cause you will be a lot like them and they will get you in ways the others don't." This had come from her experience after all! "But then you grow up and move out into the world again or go off to New Rome" Kenna's eye lite up with fire in them as if she could learn more about her father there and become one of the best in the forge!

Nodding her head to Julia as they began to walk she was about to tell her about the volleyball courts when she asked if she would come to the bonfire. "Sure I can do that for sure" she said with a big smile. This was one of the first friends she had been getting close too. Of course she had Savanna too but she might be off in dreamland at the moment. "Over there is the Volleyball courts, the nike kids are super competitive so good luck challenging them" she laughed as she thought back to her first summer playing them.  A few campers were over there now, having a bit of a fun time when she saw the building for arts and crafts. "That is where we go for crafts, the Iris kids are pretty amazing if I say so myself." In her mind she had the map for the whole place memorized. 

• Like 1

Julia smiled "It does sound fun, I can't wait to meet my half-siblings and get to learn more!" excited about it all she really couldn't stop smiling. She couldn't believe she had already met a friend, let alone being in a camp with a bunch of other Demigods. She played with the car more, slowly getting a few more pieces together, when Kenna mentioned something about a place called New Rome, which Julia knew nothing about, never even heard of it. Julia was about to ask what it was, but when she looked up at Kenna, she couldn't help but ask "what are you thinking about?" the look she was giving almost looked like a mix of excitement and determination. Before Kenna could answer thought Julia got excited when she realized she actually almost has the car together without any help "look! I'm a little over half way! With no help! Yay!!" she exclaims. Giggling "I'm sorry, so anyways" she gestures toward Kenna to go ahead and speak. 

As they got closer to the cabins, you could also see the volleyball area and some kids playing on it. Kenna pointed it out, and then made a comment about the "Nike" kids, she also pointed out where they do crafts and mentioned "Iris" kids as well, but Julia was completely oblivious to what Kenna was talking about. "Are they all Nike kids that are playing there now? What are Nike kids? What are Iris kids, why are they so good at crafts. I like crafts! Does that mean I could be a Iris kid?" Julia was back to asking a bunch of question at once. When she realized what she was doing she stopped to look at Kenna with a shy smile, blushing " I'm sorry I don't know anything about the Gods or Goddess or their kids." Admitting this made her so upset with herself, because she felt like since she was born from a God or Goddess she should know something but really she knows nothing.  

• Like 1

It was always fun making a friend at camp, Kenna thought to herself as she could see that Julia was really enjoying being around her after all. "Ohhh" she said blushing but the girl then went on talking which made her giggle to see how excited she was to get the car right. It was sort of fun to share this thing with her  "Just my dad and how cool would it be if I could learn from him in the forge" she said getting quieter and quieter. "But it was just a dream, it probably won't happen" she said trying to play it off. I mean the God's did not care that much about their kids so why did she think that Hephaestus even looked down or wanted to work with her. But her eyes looked up again after she finished saying her words as if she wished he would hear her! 

Giving the tour was a lot of fun as she important enough to do this for others in the camp. Even if she was only 13 after all!! Letting Julia ask all the questions it seemed like she had a lot to learn which so did Kenna when she got here. It wasn't as if they took a class in school giving them this information to help them when they got older. Most had no idea then BAM they had monster attacks and found a satyr. Crazy story bro! "Nike kids are playing now....they play a lot" she said with a pause "Nike is the goddess of victory so they tend to win a LOT plus super competitive" her eyes were big as if she had experiences with this. 

Stopping she was silent for a moment as she was thinking of Iris, it was hard to put into words "Well she is goddess of the rainbow but is known for being good with colors and words.....so they can do crafts with colors and such like they are good putting it together......does that make sense?

After the talk Julia had with Lilythe and the small thing she mentioned about the Gods, and now the way Kenna was acting, started to confirm Julia's thoughts and fear. She noticed how upset it seemed to make Kenna, but yet she just tried to act like it didn't bother her. "I'm really sorry about that, I do hope maybe the Gods will start to do better! For us all!" that was the only thing Julia could think to say, which saying it out loud kinda helped keep herself from feeling upset, and trying to assure herself that maybe just maybe she will get to meet her parent. 

As Kenna went on to explain the the two Gods she had mentioned, Julia had just two pieces left to finishing make the car. "Oh wow!! that's awesome! I can be competitive sometimes! but I am creative too! I wonder if of them could be my mom!" she exclaimed with excitement. Julia's mind was racing as she looked up from the car for a moment to look around, watching the people play volleyball, to seeing the cabins that they walking towards. She couldn't help but feel out of place there, but seeing how they lived and it made her think about the orphanage she lived in for so long, they were just one big family, and here well they seem to separated by their godly parent but they all lived and got along together it seemed liked. "I never had real siblings until I was a adopted, and now I am about to have a ton more!!" she said excitedly.

Looking at Kenna she smiled sweetly "Where is your favorite place at camp?" she questioned her new friend, wanting to know more about her as well.

• Like 1

It was hard to know your parent was this all powerful God who fell in love with your parent then left. Never to be seen again!!!! But it was being around the other campers that made her really get it. Like most never even got a dream or anything from their parent. Kenna knew how sad it made her and she had an awesome Mom who she lived with most the year! "Yeahhh but they don't change....sadly" her look was one that she was upset about it but had accepted it. It wasn't as if she could change the problem! 

"Maybeeeeee you knew know" she said excitedly as she noticed that Julia was getting closer to the end of putting the car together. The girl was sharp which made her wonder if she too was like her in being a hepheatus camper but only the god's knew!!! They had a ton of children but only when they were claimed was when you knew for sure! "Ohhhh i love the forge, but maybeeeee lets seee.....the rock wall is super fun" she said laughing. Pointing past the volleyball court was the rockwall. "It is over there." she said with confidence. The more they went around camp, the more she felt sure of herself. "It is just after the amphitheater." 

Julia got the last piece on the car just ask Kenna pointed the Rockwall out "Yes!! I did it, look!!" she exclaims, as she looks up toward where Kenna was pointing. Julia handed her, her car back and smiled from ear to ear "Thank you for letting me put it together, it was fun" she commented as they headed toward the Rockwall. When Kenna mentioned the forge, which made Julia think for a moment. She wasn't sure if she would like to be in a forge, she didn't know much about it but she new that it was somewhere really hot. Julia loved the summer but never liked being in side somewhere that was super hot. "Maaaaybe, I won't have him as a dad, I don't really like the thought of the forge" she says shyly "but! even if we aren't half-sisters, we can still be good friends right?" she questioned Kenna. 

Making their way to the rockwall Julia smiled looking up at it, it was really tall but looked super fun "So you climb this for fun?" she says with a glup. "I mean it looks fun but its sooooooo hight up." 

• Like 1

"WOW YOU DID AMAZING" she said feeling so proud of her new friend. The only other campers who had done this was her siblings but it was really cool to have a friend do it too!!!! Kenna just stood there beaming at her friend. "Of course, I am glad you thought it was fun...most don't so it is nice" she giggled as she covered her mouth. Most never even liked going to the forge unless they needed a repair or new weapon of course. But for her and her siblings, it wasn't hot to them it felt great in there.  But that was due to her ole dad! "Well that is fine with me.........as long as we stay friends" she said looking longingly at her friend with a shy smile. 

But the two had been walking around the camp, finding their way to the rock wall. The thing looked super tall as she gulped. "Yeah I haven't had to do this just yet" she said feeling her fear of heights take over. "But some love it" she said as she looked away seeing the lake "Ohhh there is the lake that way and then that way is the beach." She said trying to remember. Pointing in the opposite direction at first then changing it. 

Off in the distance was the mess hall which was so beautiful to Kenna. It was a structure with greek style columns that had fabric hanging from it. The thing didn't have a roof but it looked epic in her opinion!

Julia was shocked at the comment Kenna made. "Really?? It was fun, hard, but fun" she said with a beaming smile. Julia was really excited when the girl agreed that they would could still be friends. "That's so exciting! I'm so happy we meet" she exclaims with a huge smile going from ear to ear. Julia had a bad habit of getting attached to others very quickly. Staring up at the tall rockwall, she listened as her friend some love it. "LOVE IT!?" she exclaimed with questioning concern. "Will we have to learn to do this?" she questions eyes wide. She wasn't exactly scared of highs, it was just the idea of how she would have to get done, if she had to jump to get down she would never go up it. 

"Ooooooo the lake! I would love to go see" she cuts off as Kenna corrects herself and mentions a beach too, "lets go to the beach!" Julia said with excitement.

• Like 1

Kenna nodded her head as she smiled. Julia was so bright that she hoped that she was one of her siblings. It would be fun to be in the same cabin together. Always getting to sit with each other at meals and bonfires. "Me too, let's stay friends okay" she said hoping the girl felt the same way.  The rock wall was in front of them when julia asked a question. "Yeah at some point" then leaning in "It also has Lava to make things more challenging" she said looking a bit terrified at the thought. The wall looked challenging enough to then add lava to it all. Kenna found herself giggling when julia seemed to get so excited about so many things like the lake and beach. "Okay this way" she said as she began to run a little to help get them there a bit faster.

It wasn't too far when they got to the beach. The salt air could be smelled as the sound of waves hit her own ears. Kenna thought about her own beaches back home in North Carolina. They were so beautiful with their lighthouses. Even the tales of Blackbeard had treasures along their shores. One of her favorite places back home was this island that wild horses ran on...they were so majestic.  Turning her face to look at Julia she beamed "So what do you think?" 

"Lava!" Julia repeated eyes wide, she couldn't imagine climbing the rock wall with lava underneath her. "Of course we will stay friends no matter what cabin I end up in" she says with a huge smile. Kenna took off for the beach, and Julia laughed as she ran to keep up with her. As they got closer the salty air for the water and breeze hit her, which made her slow down. Reaching Kenna, Julia stopped next to her and looked out over the water "Wow this is beautiful" she exclaimed, she had never seen a beach, this was probably her favorite part of camp already. 

Julia dropped to the ground, and smiled up at Kenna "I've heard it feels awesome on your feet" she says as she reaches down to take her shoes and socks off. Setting them off to the side, she dug her feet into the sand and sighted with a huge smile "it really does!!" she yelled with excitement. Grabbing Kenna's hand she pulled at her hand "join me" she tells her. "This is my first time seeing a beach in person, did you ever get to see a beach before you came to camp?" she questioned her new friend.

• Like 1

It was sort of fun showing the camp to her new friend. Even though she had been here only for less than a year. The place was starting to feel like home. Don't get me wrong, her heart still ached for Asheville where her mom was. But here she was with others like her that understood her in ways that her mom didn't get. Seeing that Julia sat down in the sand, she followed her. This is where she went to think when she felt overwhelmed. Nodding her head "Oh yesss back home was nice beaches with lighthouses and lots of shells" she giggled. Taking her own shoes off she put her feet in the sand too "It is calming isn't?" Kenna looked out to the water that was from the sound of the Atlantic Ocean. The sounds of the waves crashing was something when she grew up that was fun and exciting. It meant time in the sun with her mom as she played in the water. Those were much simpler times she thought to herself. "This is a great place to come think" Then she saw that the day had been flying away from them as it was getting late. Standing up after a while she dusted off "I should take you to your cabin before the bonfire." She held her hand out for Julia to take. 

[[last post]]

As Kenna joined her in the sand, she told her about her beaches back home, which sounded beautiful to Julia. Julia let out a soft sigh of happiness as she leaned back digging her hands into the said, "Oh yes, it's very relaxing, I could get use to this" she said with another sigh, closing her eyes as she enjoyed the feeling of the cool sand running through her fingers. She didn't want this feeling to end, put she was also very excited to find out who her parent was, so when Kenna got to her feet, offering her hand out. Julia took it standing to her feet and giggling a little "Ya maybe I should get a shower before the bonfire" she says smiling. 

Julia dusted herself off and walked with Kenna over to the Herme's cabin. Julia couldn't help herself, she hugged Kenna "Thank you!" she beamed with a bright smile. "See at the bonfire!" she said as she stepped into the cabin, waving good bye to her new friend.

~end~

Important Information

Terms of Use