bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

She Is A Jolly Good Lass

Killian O'Connor

Killian had taken care of Willow after a crazy night after Lilythe's party. The poor lass had drink a wee welll more than a wee amount of alcohol. Which for someone who doesn't drink often made for a very bad night. After taking care of the lass, he then went back to his own cabin. See Killian had always looked up to his sister Vee as she was the older camper when he was a wee lad. She was one to always help him with thing plus when he went to new rome he saw her from time to time. The fact that she was back was big! He wondered why but then again he also just wanted to catch up with his dear ole sis!

Getting to the cabin, he went to his room where he was making some of his special brew. Grabbing two glasses of the stuff he headed to her room to see if she was there. Knocking on the door "Knock Knock Sissy, I has a gift for you!"

@ Vienna Pimm

"Killian!" Vienna exclaimed, throwing open door and embracing her little brother in an aggressive hug - nearly knocking the drinks from his hands in the process. She'd meant to catch up with him at the party, but between Lilythe and Azrael's blossoming relationship and her suspicions that Shadow wasn't exactly over the whole thing... Well, she'd had her hands full. And it seemed like he'd had his hands full too with that cute girl - what was her name again?  The lightweight. "Look at you, my darling little brother! You're all grown up!"

When she finally released him from the bear hug, it did occur to her where he'd been in the hours since the party ended. "I suppose I owe you and your girlfriend an apology." Vi had no idea if the girl was actually his girlfriend, but she figured it was a win either way. Either she was right and looked smart and perceptive, or she was wrong and had landed on some material to tease him with. "I did egg her on a bit, I'll own up to that. I forget that not everyone shares our tolerance. Speaking of..."

Vi motioned eagerly to the glasses he'd brought along. "What did you bring for me dear brother? Something strong I hope!"

• Like 1

It was good to see Viv again after all this time. They say you were never supposed to have favorites for your siblings but Viv was his! Getting hugged he laughed as his arms squeezed her back. But trying not to dropped his drinks but his sister made that a tad bit hard. "I am grown up...I will even be twenty one in the next month" he said standing tall trying to looked all strong and such. She was of course like five years older than he but he had always tried to hang out with his sister when she was here. Killian had looked up to her for a very long time now.

Blushing when the word girlfriend came out of his sisters mouth "Oh she is not my girlfriend........yet" he said in a low voice as he looked to the side while getting redder. "Well yeah that was a bit of a problem...she actually doesn't like drinking at all so I think that was her first time getting drunk" he said with a wide eyed expression. That never bothered him which was strange as it would had been if it were anyone else. 

But with his sister looking down at the drinks he had totally forgotten about them "Oh yes these" he laughed as he held one out for her to take "I have been studying to make better brews for my home brews.....this one is a IPA I made that is around 8%." he said proudly. 

"Sounds good to me!" Vi declared, chugging down the beer a bit too quickly. She liked alcohol - actually that was a bit of an understatement - but she didn't have the natural talent for brewing the stuff that some of her siblings had. As far as she was concerned, anything that made the world a bit fuzzy was worth a try. But Killian's brew was pretty impressive. She'd once heard IPA's described as "like being kicked in the face by a tree" and she now found herself agreeing with the assessment. "Tastes good to me too! So, dear brother - you have to get me caught up on the gossip. I'm afraid I'm woefully behind on Camp Halfblood affairs. What's gone on here since I've been away?"

Azrael had invited her back to camp for Lilythe's birthday, but she couldn't shake the feeling that something more was going on around the old campground. Something... weird. Perhaps her younger sibling could give her some insight. And if not, she still wanted to know how he'd been doing as well.

• Like 1

Killian had always looked up to Viv as she was so cool to him. He would ask her advice and even picked up some of her habits. Maybe some of them were not the best but he couldn't help that. It wasn't like they had a camp therapist to talk to to get advice on their parental trauma or even bad habits that help take the pain away. "Woah there sis, take it easy" he laughed as he hadn't been around her in some time. She was always one to try and keep up with that was for sure. "Ohhhhh yeah I can do that if ya wants" he said in his irish accent. A bit of pride had come over him as he stood a wee bit taller than he normally did. Well the gossip was one that was flying around camp.

"Welllllllll I guess it all started when a lot of us came back to camp, like Lilythe.....then Azrael showed up........" stroking his beard he was thinking about when all that happened. "At first it was awkward as their last encounter was not the best but they seemed to patch things up and it was good." Thinking to right before captured the flag "Then Shadow showed up saying he wanted to be just friends.....VIV" he said a bit strongly "I don't know if that is true." It was too much to go into all that happened in Capture the flag, it was like old times once again as the boys seemed to be getting into it all. 

"Just friends, eh?" Vienna rolled her eyes dramatically. "I've only been back for half a day and even I don't believe that for a second. Did you see him at the party? Staring at her and Azzy like some wounded puppy... if it weren't for how he treated her before I might've felt a pang of sympathy for the poor boy. Not like there's uch he can do about it. I didn't used to believe in destiny before, well..." she gestured all around her. It was hard to claim control over her own fate when she had first-hand knowledge that gods existed. Prophecies, destiny, callings - all that crap was - unfortunately - a very real part of her life these days. She scanned the room for more alcohol. "Well, even if I didn't, I'm not blind. Lil and Azrael were practically made for each other. Shadow will just have to get over it." Vi shrugged. At the ed of the day, all he could do was mope in a corner for a bit... right?

"That's their business though. What about you, little brother? What's been going on in your life? Besides developing your brewing talents of course - that part is evident." She gave another bright grin, raising her empty glass in a toasting motion.

• Like 1

Killian laughed at his sister's teasing. "Yeah, yeah, you caught me. But you know me, I always root for the underdog." This was of course talking about Azzy. He was younger than his mate but he had seen the tension between azzy and shadow growing up.  He took a sip from his own drink, savoring the taste of the rich ale he had brewed earlier. "As for me, nothing much has changed. Just brewing, brewing, and more brewing. But I'm happy with how things are going. The new batch I made last week turned out really well, and I'm already thinking of new recipes to try."

He leaned back in his chair, looking around the cabin room. "It's good to be back, though. Seeing all these familiar faces, catching up with old friends... it feels like I've come home. And who knows, maybe I'll even find someone special here." he added quickly, with a smirk. "But you never know what fate has in store for us, right?" He raised his glass to his sister in return. "Here's to good company, good drinks, and whatever the future holds." But he was curious about what his sister had been up to all this time out at New Rome. "So sis, what have you been up to all this time? What brings you back?" 

"You haven't changed at all. That's good to see!" Vienna smiled at her little brother. There was that word again. Fate. Despite their appearances - him a well-built bearded man and her a grinning party girl in a cat outfit - it seemed Killian was still the more optimistic of the two. She'd long given up on finding someone special. In her mind, that'd only give fate another avenue to cause her pain. Vi would rather keep her eyes peeled for someone to have fun with. Of course, she wasn't about to stomp on her brother's dreams like a pile of grapes either. If he was looking for something real, more power to him. Maybe with that cute Willow girl that couldn't hold her liquer...

She played through a few wingman scenarios in her head. Not that Killian needed any help with the ladies, but it had been awhile since she'd carried out any matchmaking schemes. The thought made her laugh. She was almost turning into her old self again. "I guess you're right," her eyes sparkled. "It really is nice to be back."

"That's a nice toast there brother. But a little friendly sibling advice - don't rely on the fates too much. You want something, make it happen." She winked.

"As for what I've been up to - same old life, different place. You'd like New Rome - those Bacchus guys really know how to party! And between you and me, I just felt like I had to come back, y'know? Of course I couldn't miss Lil's birthday! But when I got Azrael's invitation... I dunno... It's like something was pulling me back here." Ironic, isn't it? she thought. For someone who'd essentially just given a middle finger to the Fates with her advice, here she was relying on feelings to guide her. Well, she'd never claimed to be perfect. 

• Like 1

Killian listened intently to Vienna's words, a mix of curiosity and amusement dancing in his eyes. He admired his sister's carefree attitude, even as he acknowledged the wisdom in her advice. But for him he knew that had felt empty in that type of lifestyle...feeling as he was always wanting more. Something that would not just disappear or gone with an evening.  Her mention of Bacchus and the parties in New Rome made him chuckle, imagining the wild festivities that must have taken place there. "Sounds like you had a blast over there," he said, raising his eyebrows. "I can only imagine the kind of parties Bacchus throws. Maybe someday I'll make my way there and see for myself." It was always amazing to him how different his father was depending on if he was greek or roman!

He pondered Vienna's remark about something pulling her back to Camp. There was always a sense of destiny lingering in their lives, and Killian couldn't shake the feeling that their reunion was more than mere coincidence. "You're right, sis," he admitted. "There's a certain energy here, a sense of purpose that draws us back. Maybe it's fate or just a longing for connection, but I'm glad you followed that feeling. It's good to have you back in my life." He felt there was more to her being back than what she was saying. Vie was not one to leave a party scene if she could help it!!! So he was making a note to maybe take this conversation a bit further! 

"Maybe that's it," Vienna acknowledged. Much as she despised the concept, this place bore as much joy for her as it did trauma. Sitting here in her old cabin again, she did feel a sense of belonging. Like it or not, Killian did have a point. Camp Half-Blood was home. But... was that truly the reason she found herself back here? At this point her dorm in New Rome was nearly as close to home as this old wooden structure. Of course she was thrilled to see Killian and Azzy again, and especially Lilythe. There was no doubt she was always going to attend the birthday party. Yet still she felt as though there was some other reason she needed to stay for a while. She just couldn't quite put her finger on it. A sense of purpose, huh? That was probably as close a description as she could get for now.

"Connection, eh?" Vi teased, jabbing him lightly with her elbow. "You mean like you and that adorable lightweight?" She let out a giggle. Clearly his reddening face when the girl was brought up before had not escaped her. "Speaking of taking control of fate and all that, just why isn't she your girlfriend yet?" It was evident from his earlier expression that he was interested. And if there was gossip to be had, Vienna certainly wasn't going to miss out. And she couldn't very well pass up the opportunity to poke fun at her little brother. Full-grown or not, that was still her god's-given right as his sister after all.

• Like 1

Killian chuckled, feeling his cheeks flush even more as Vienna playfully poked fun at him. I mean she was his older sister after all and it just made sense that she would pick on him. He shook his head, a mix of embarrassment and amusement evident in his voice. "Oh, Vi, you never miss a beat, do you?" he replied, his tone tinged with fond exasperation. It was true that she did not handle her liquor at the party very well and that he indeed has to take care of her. "Yes, Willow is amazing, and I can't deny there's a connection between us. But taking that leap and making her my girlfriend... well, it's not that simple." Even just talking about it gave him the butterflies in the stomach as they call it. She had become someone so special to him that he was scared to jinx it. He glanced at Vienna, his eyes reflecting a mix of hope and uncertainty. "I want her to feel it too and I think she feels like I am just a friend at the moment" he looked to the side a wee bit sad. In the past he had been a party bad boy where he jumped from girl to girl. Making a bad rap for himself before he went off into the world a bit. Partying and sleeping around were the things he was all to good at, but Willow was different. 

Vienna felt a tad bit guilty. Only a little of course, seeing as poking fun was basically a younger sibling's job.  But seeing him act so nervous, she did recognize that the topic was no joke to him. Vi knew all too well what it was like to be the party person in a group- the one you go to for a good time, but steer clear of when it comes to anything more serious. Most of the tine she preferred it that way. It made life far less complicated. But that wasn't to say that she didn't understand the longing for connection that Killian was expressing. And the girl really was cute... she definitely couldn't blame him if he was a bit lovestruck. She giggled a bit, resisting the urge to pat him on the head. It seemed her younger siblings still had hope in spite of their father's terrible influence.

"And how do you know she only sees you as a friend? Has she said as much?" Vi recalled the girl's face from the party. Willow had been about as red as Killian was now, and it was doubtful that was all due to the alcohol. She made a mental note to strike up a conversation with her later. Perhaps she could talk up her little bro a bit. While she'd of course continue teasing him to his face, she certainly didn't mind lending a hand behind the scenes.  "You know, I never took you for the nervous type."

• Like 1

Killian sighed, a mix of nerves and vulnerability emanating from him. He glanced down at his hands, fidgeting with the edge of his shirt. "Well she has made comments here and there," he admitted, his voice tinged with uncertainty. "But there's just this feeling, you know? Like there's something more between us, but she's holding back. Maybe she's not ready, or maybe she's waiting for me to make a move." The man knew he had a lot going against him as Willow was not normally his type. But there was something about her that drew him in as she was a lady! But being one of the camps top playboys that always had a girl under his arm to play with was not working any favors in this sense.

He looked up at Vienna, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "I guess I never saw myself as the nervous type either, but this is different. Willow... she's different." He let out a soft chuckle, the sound laced with a mixture of excitement and vulnerability. Killian couldn't help but replay the image of Willow stumbling and giggling at the party. The way her eyes sparkled with mischief, her infectious laughter echoing through the night. It was endearing, seeing her let loose and enjoy herself. But at the same time, a pang of concern tugged at his heart. He remembered how he had stepped in, offering her a steadying arm and guiding her away from potential trouble. Taking care of Willow had felt natural, instinctive. He had wanted to make sure she was safe, to be there for her in that moment of vulnerability. The way she had leaned on him, trusting him to keep her from harm, had stirred something deep within him. He realized that he wanted to be the one to protect her, to be the person she could rely on. 

But as he reflected on the events of that night, doubt crept in. Would she see his actions as mere friendship, or would she understand the depth of his feelings? He wondered if he had been too subtle, too afraid to reveal the truth that lay within his heart. Taking care of her was one thing, but expressing his romantic interest was an entirely different challenge. "Have you ever felt this way Vi?"

Vienna recalled the blushing face of the girl at the party. She's never met the woman in person so she couldn't be sure, but there was a certain innocence about her that led her to think that Killian may be right. She didn't look like the type to make the first move. But Killian - well,  most of the Dionysus kids for that matter - were exactly the type. Willow must've been something indeed to turn the god of debauchery's spawn into the mumbling, romantic mess standing before her. Quite frankly it was adorable.

"Willow... she's different." Vi gave her brother an understanding nod. She really did admire his optimism. Demigods, contrary to outside expectation, were highly unlikely to lead charmed lives. Yet here he was, talking about things like "real connections" and a girl making him want to change his partying ways. The jaded part of her said it was naught but youthful optimism. But Killian was clearly serious about it, and Vienna wasn't about to let her own cynicism intrude on her brother's happiness. Besides, she'd long told herself she should be more like Lilythe - and now more like Killian too apparently. "I get it bro," she took another sip of her drink (a Vienna sip, so more of a gulp). Her voice still sounded cheery, but it had more of matter-of-fact tone that she tended to use when giving advice. "You're scared you'll screw things up if you try to make a move. I definitely know the feeling. But if ya ask me, people like that don't just hang with people like us for no reason." She thought of her friendship with Lilythe, how many chances she'd been given and how much she'd changed for the better over the years. "When they do though... well we oughta hang onto 'em, should've we?"

"Have I...?" She pondered her brother's final question. She thought of her early days at Camp Halfblood, that wonderful feeling of being somewhere she belonged for once in her life. There had been many parties, many flings, many days spent living in a drunken haze. But real love? Well, there was a time when she'd believed in such things for herself. Dreamt of them even. But it had been a long time since those days.  "Maybe in my younger years." Perhaps that was an odd thing for a 26-year-old to say. "Nowadays... I dunno. I don't think romance is in the cards for me. Or the threads or whatever." she made another joking reference to the Fates.

• Like 1

Killian listened attentively to Vienna's words, her insights resonating within him. He admired her ability to offer perspective, even with her own reservations about romance. He chuckled softly at her mention of the Fates, appreciating the lightness she brought to the conversation. "Well, you never know, Vi," he replied with a playful grin. "The threads might surprise you yet. Love has a funny way of finding us when we least expect it." Killian's thoughts drifted back to his time in New Rome, a period of his life marked by indulgence and reckless abandon. It had been a time when he immersed himself in the study of alcohol techniques, honing his skills as a bartender and mixologist. The parties had been wild, the nights blurred together in a haze of intoxication and pleasure. He had reveled in the freedom of letting go, embracing the hedonistic lifestyle that came naturally to a child of Dionysus. But as he reflected on those memories, a pang of emptiness tugged at his heart. The encounters had been fleeting, the connections superficial. He had slept around without much thought, chasing the thrill of the moment rather than seeking something deeper. The pursuit of pleasure had consumed him, numbing his own emotions and leaving him disconnected from the true essence of human connection.

His gaze shifted back to Willow, his heart swelling with a mix of hope and nerves. He took a deep breath, steeling himself for what lay ahead. "You're right," he said, his voice filled with determination. "I don't want to let fear hold me back. I want to take a chance, to show her how much she means to me. I just need to find the right moment, to gather my courage and lay it all on the line." As he spoke, Killian felt a renewed sense of purpose ignite within him. He knew that pursuing a connection with Willow wouldn't be without its challenges, but he was ready to face them head-on. He was willing to let go of his past reputation and embrace the possibility of a real and meaningful relationship. And with Vienna's support, he felt more confident than ever. With a nod of gratitude to his sister, Killian made a silent promise to himself. He would seize the opportunity, embrace the vulnerability, and show Willow that his feelings were genuine. Love was unpredictable, and the road ahead was uncertain, but he was determined to navigate it with an open heart and a willingness to let fate guide him to where he truly belonged.

Killian turned his gaze towards Vienna, his sister, grateful for the bond they shared. They had always been there for each other, their own support system amidst the chaos of their divine lineage. "You know, Vi," he began, his voice tinged with a mix of nostalgia and affection, "despite everything, we've got each other. Our family might be a bit... complicated, but we've always had each other's backs." He paused for a moment, a wistful smile on his lips. "Remember when we used to stay up late, talking about our dreams and the future?  I can always count on you to be there." As he spoke, memories of their shared experiences flooded his mind. From sneaking out to attend campfires under the stars, starting parties, their bond had been forged through countless adventures and mischievous moments. They had navigated the challenges of their divine heritage together, offering support and understanding when the world seemed too overwhelming.

Vienna smiled warmly, quite pleased with her brother's response. She truly hoped it went well for him. Willow seemed like a perfectly nice girl, and it was clear the young man was crazy about her. "I don't want to let fear hold me back." Vi wondered very briefly if that was why she was so adverse to the concept of romance. Fear? Perhaps. Most people who knew her would likely consider her fearless. But her oldest friends - the ones who had been there for the battles and the though times, the ones who had staged an intervention for her when she went too far - they knew just how scared she could be. She'd lost many people over the years. Friends. Family. People she'd lacked the means to protect. She pictured herself finding a partner, falling in love, feeling all the mushy feelings teenage Vienna had dreamed about. But then she thought of losing that person and all hope fled from her mind. She couldn't handle that, she knew. "Love has a funny way of finding us when we least expect it," Killian had said.

"Maybe you're right, brother." She didn't sound convinced.

Still, the fire in Killian's eyes was a sight to behold. She really was happy for him. He sounded so earnest and determined. Lucky girl, she thought. Having someone feel so passionately about her. She'd be a fool to turn him down. "Attaboy, bro!" She ruffled his hair. "That's the spirit! Let me know if you need a wingman."

Her grin grew even wider as Killian referenced their camp days. "If by 'complicated' you mean 'our dad sucks' then yes." Insulting the gods aloud was known to be dangerous, but if Dionysus wasn't understanding of the occasional drunken rant then he was even more hypocritical than Vi thought. As for her and Killian, they'd certainly gotten into plenty of mischief back then. And he was right - regardless of how things went down, or how long she'd been away, they were family. Gods, he was some of the only family she had left. "You got that right," she assured him. "You can always count on me." 

• Haha 1

Killian chuckled as Vienna ruffled his hair, her playful gesture bringing a sense of comfort and familiarity. Her words of support resonated within him, reinforcing the unbreakable bond they shared as siblings. He nodded, a glimmer of gratitude in his eyes. "Thanks, Vi. I appreciate it. And if I ever need a wingman, you'll be the first person I call." As he reminisced about their camp days, he couldn't help but smile. They had been partners in crime, causing mischief and laughter wherever they went. Granted Killian was younger than his sister but that didn't stop him from starting parties and going mad with her!  The memories of those adventures brought a sense of joy to his heart, a reminder that no matter how complicated their family dynamics were, they had always found solace and strength in their connection.

Vienna's mention of their father elicited a knowing nod from Killian. He understood the sentiment all too well. Their father, Dionysus, had been a distant figure in their lives, more interested in his wine and revelry than in nurturing his children. It had been a source of frustration and longing, but their bond as siblings had served as a source of stability amidst the chaos. Wasn't that how Zeus wanted it anyways, I mean Daddy D was running the camp as a punishment which meant he got to see his dad more than others did for sure.  "You're right, Vi," he replied, his voice laced with a mix of determination and affection. "No matter what, we've got each other. We're family, and that's something that can't be taken away." He paused, his gaze meeting Vienna's. "I'm grateful to have you by my side, sis. We'll navigate this crazy demigod life together, and I know we'll come out stronger."

With a shared understanding and a renewed sense of camaraderie, the siblings stood side by side, ready to face whatever challenges awaited them. In the midst of a world filled with gods, monsters, and uncertainties, they found solace in their bond and the unwavering support they offered each other. Together, they would forge their own paths, rewriting the narratives that had been predetermined for them, and embracing the power of family. But that was when he got an idea in his head, a smirk growing across his face. "Hey Vi want to ummmm have a drinking contest? Last one standing has to do the others bathroom duty for the next month" part of him knew he would most likely be the loser but that did not stop him from trying to out drink his sister. 

"Me too," Vienna responded to her brother's earnest declaration. She really was grateful to have him in her life. Much as she despised being a demigod some days, she had never for a moment regretted meeting her sibling. It was great to see him now. He was all grown up, and somehow largely untarnished by the trauma of their upbringing. Well... as untarnished as could be expected anyway. He obviously still had that partygoing side to him. Not that that was a bad thing. On the contrary, it was one of the many things the two siblings had in common. Speaking of partying...

A drinking contest! Vi's eyes grew wide, a mischievous glimmer running through them. "Oh, you're on! But if you're gonna throw up, you had better do it on your own bunk!" She downed the rest of the drink she had poured her, then turned and grabbed her bag from the end of the bed. She'd yet to unpack anything except for the cat costume she was wearing. "Where did I put... ah! Here they are!" She pulled out a pair of wooden goblets, each with leaves and grapes burned into the sides in intricate patterns. "Cool, aren't they?" Vienna grinned. "Won these in contest with some of our cousins out in New Rome." She set the glasses down on the table - one for her, one for Killian.

Wine, she thought. The goblets filled themselves to the brim with deep red liquid. "They're like the ones in the Big House," she explained. "Except without the child proofing. Well, not exactly like those ones... these will only fill with alcohol. The Romans are awfully specific with their magic items." Her smile made it apparent that these were among her favorite magical items she'd encountered.

"Well, little brother... you ready to lose?" It may have been awhile, but she was certain she could still outdrink him any day.

• Like 1

Killian couldn't help but laugh at Vienna's mischievous glimmer and her challenge. It was as if they were back in their carefree camp days, finding joy and excitement in friendly competitions and adventures. He shook his head in playful disbelief. "Oh, you're on, Vi! But I can't promise I won't hold you to that bunk deal if things go south." He winked at her, knowing that the threat was all in good fun. He took had his own partying life out at New Rome. Killian did more drinking than studying but who was counting anyways!!!!! His eyes widened as Vienna pulled out the beautifully crafted wooden goblets. The intricate patterns and the burning of leaves and grapes showcased the artistry behind them. He reached out to touch the smooth wood, admiring the craftsmanship. "These are amazing, Vi! You really know how to score the coolest items." He couldn't help but feel a surge of excitement. It was going to be a legendary drinking contest, Dionysus-style. Wondering how she won these...maybe it was like a competition like this one. "How did you win these?" 

As the goblets filled with wine on their own accord, Killian's anticipation grew. He admired the deep red color of the liquid, swirling it around in his goblet. The familiar scent of grapes and a hint of something more magical wafted into his nostrils. "Cheers, sis," he raised his goblet towards Vienna, his eyes sparkling with friendly competition. "May the best child of Dionysus win." He winked at her as he tilted the glass up as he began to enjoy it all. "What type of wine does yours have my sister?" 

Nostalgia glinted in Vienna's eyes as she downed her first glass of wine. This sure did bring back memories. Not only was it great to be sharing a drink with her little brother, but holding these glasses brought up visions of her early days in New Rome. After Lilythe and the others had put together an intervention for her, she'd taken off to go find herself. She'd fully intended on making some changes out there too - and in a way she had. She'd figured out pretty early on hat it wasn't the drink that was the problem. It was the unresolved issues she'd been using it bury. With a lot of self-reflection and quite a bit of work, she felt like she had a much better head on her shoulders these days. Enough to get responsibly wasted, anyways.

She chuckled aloud, tracing the floral design on her cup. "Funny story - it was actually one of my first parties over there in New Rome. If you could call it that. It was more of a hazing, really." Fond memories danced in her vision. One of the sorority leaders had gathered a bunch of the newer arrivals for some "friendly competition." Vienna had shown no interest in sororities, but was always down for a party. The contest had been a series of drinking games, all designed with the usual freshman hazing and pranks in mind. Topped off with a bit of demigod magic, of course. The woman had clearly intended it to be unwinnable. But nobody had counted on the scrappy new transfer to be so darn stubborn. Growing up in a year round summer camp had given her the edge when it came to childish antics, and without the pranks she could've easily drank any one of them under the table. "It was a big gauntlet-style tournament. All the regular drinking games of course. Except some poor kids' beer turned into a mug of snakes at one point..." she giggled. She could still remember the look on that horrid woman's face when she'd won. And even better - the look she'd given when VIenna walked off with the prize and declined to join the sorority after all. Good times.

"Oh, this?" she motioned to her glass, which was already filling itself up for a second round. "It's a Marsala. About 20%. How about yours?"

• Like 1

Killian listened intently to Vienna's story, captivated by her free spirit. He couldn't help but chuckle at the image of her winning the drinking contest and defying the sorority's expectations. His only wish was that he had been there to see it happen. He too had been in new rome but the place was pretty big so the two of them were never really at the same party. "That's incredible, Vi! I always knew you had that unbeatable spirit in you. Snakes in the beer, though? That's quite the twist. Must have been a sight to see." He raised his glass to toast her victory. Then take a drink he could feel the liquid go down the hatchet which was nice. He had always enjoyed a good drink which was no shocker to anyone due to who his dad was! 

Vienna mentioned her glass being filled with Marsala, Killian took a sip of his own wine, savoring the rich taste. It was smooth and flavorful, the perfect companion for their friendly competition. "Mine is a Chianti," he replied with a grin. "A classic choice for a classic Dionysus kid, right?" He chuckled at the thought, enjoying the banter with his sister. The wine warmed his senses and ignited a sense of camaraderie between them. They were siblings, connected by blood on their fathers side and shared experiences, and in that moment, the worries and troubles of the world faded away. He continued to drink and engage in lighthearted conversation, reminiscing about his past adventures and sharing stories from their time apart. He even began to talk about the ragers he used to have when he first go to new rome. If it was one thing the greek campers did it was party it up when they got to attend new rome. 

Vienna laughed at her brother's tales of drunken debauchery. He was her brother all right. If there was one good thing to be said for Dionysius, it would be that he passed on his ability to know how to have a good time. She sipped her wine, making sure to keep pace as her brother talked. She had no doubts that she'd win their little competition - being the more experienced of the two and all - but she intended to drag it out long enough for some much needed catch-up. "Indeed it was," she responded to his inquiry, recalling the chocked look on that poor freshman's face. "Poor kid nearly fainted from the shock!" She returned Killian's toast with a broad grin, downing the rest of her glass to watch it refill again.

"Classic Dionysus kids... that's us in a nutshell isn't it?" Vi giggled. She'd inherited far more than she'd like to admit from her Olympian father. His love of drink, his stubborn nature... and unfortunately at times she felt she'd gotten his wrathful spirit. But at least he'd indirectly given her one thing to appreciate. Her family. Her siblings here at camp. "I missed you, brother," she confessed. "I went to plenty of ragers out there, but you're still the beat drinking buddy I've got."

• Like 1

Killian laughed heartily at Vienna's response, raising his glass in a playful salute. "Classic Dionysus kids indeed!" he agreed, the warmth of the wine spreading through his veins. He took a moment to appreciate the connection they shared, a bond that went beyond blood and brought them together in moments like these. They had grown up in their own unique ways, yet their shared experiences and understanding made them kindred spirits. As Vienna mentioned how much she had missed him, a tender smile crossed Killian's face. He reached out to clasp her hand, his grip filled with affection and gratitude. "I missed you too, Vi," he admitted, his voice filled with sincerity. "Partying and drinking may have been a big part of our lives, but it's the moments like these that truly matter. I love hearing about your life....you were always the one that looked after me when I was a wee lad." Killian had a lot of nightmares which he still does! He had set his orphanage on fire when he was little as he was trying to kill the monster that had been after him. But he had gotten the building instead. The sight of his friends burning in the building he had set still had him scream from time to time at night.  "You're the best drinking buddy a guy could ask for," he declared with a smirk. "No one knows how to have a good time quite like you do. And hey, who knows, maybe one day we'll have an epic reunion party in New Rome and show them all how it's done."

A soft smile crossed Vienna's lips as she looked at her little brother. It was true, she had always done her best to look out for the kid. Her own life had always been a bit of a mess, but she took a lot of pride in being someone others could rely on. Of course, she'd done her share of relying on him over the years as well. Killian never minded listening to her rants and was always willing to lend a sympathetic ear.

She returned his grip, downing the rest of her cup once more. "Well, you're no wee lad anymore, that's for sure!" He really was all grown up now. An adult not only in flesh, but in mind. It wasn't too uncommon for demigods to mature beyond their years - most died before reaching adulthood, after all. Vienna herself felt like an old lady compared to all the teenagers running around. Speaking of...

"Speaking of family, tell me a bit about the cabin. It's been forever since I've checked in. How are the rest of our dear siblings getting along?" 

• Haha 1

Killian's smile widened as Vienna mentioned the cabin and their siblings. It was clear that she genuinely cared about their extended family at Camp Half-Blood. He leaned back in his chair, sipping his wine thoughtfully before responding. "The cabin's been... well, you know how it is. Never a dull moment, that's for sure. Aislynn is growing up to one following in your foot steps and then Hunter just joined our little cabin so it will be interesting to see how he starts to show his personality." Most of the others had been keeping to themselves. It wasn't like they didn't have parties every night pretty much. The crazy energy most of them brought to the cabin feeds off each other which just adds to the madness. "Have you met any of the wee ones?" 

Important Information

Terms of Use