bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

The Claiming Summer 2022

The Chronicler

The Storyteller

giphy.gif

As the sun sets, the campers begin to make their way down to the bonfire. At the beginning of every season now, it's almost like a ritual. All the new campers get claimed by their parent if the child is 13. Even some of the younger children get claimed from time to time. Nobody wants to miss a chance to welcome a new member to their cabin, or to find out where those particularly interesting individuals go. And so it was in that spring like many springs before it. The claiming.

After spending all day with his new friend Derrick they would eventually make his way over to the bon fire that evening after they got some dinner. He would be talking to Derrick when all of sudden he was just gone "Derick, Derrick! what a fais do-do this is. So what all do we do here." while he was hanging out with Derrick they would be interrupted by others who were mostly trying to introduce themselves to Leroy and find out a little about him. he would repond politely saying "Hello my name is Leroy!" he would turn back to Derrick "allons i am gunna pass me a good time. how often do yall do this."
  • Like 1

Derrick grinned as Leroy called out for him, his thick Cajun accent adding a unique charm to his words. "Leroy, this is where the real fun begins," he replied with a chuckle, patting Leroy on the back as they settled by the fire. "I can't wait to see who your parent is.....well we singing and some might dance. Then maybe might tell of a story from a quest and some get claimed" Derrick watched in amazement at how easily Leroy connected with everyone.  "We do this quite often, Leroy,"  Derrick answered as they swayed to the music and enjoyed some of the company. He was looking around to see if his older brother Azrael was there or not. 

“Singing and dancing this is a proper Fais do-do.” he would look around the bon fire wondering wondering what he should be looking for. Then he was hungry so he would go up to Derrick “There any good snacks and drinks around here? I could surely go for some grub.” after finding something to snack on he would turn to Derrick and ask “So what do i have to do to find out who my ‘godly parent’ is? I donno what to do. What is this for again? What if my pa isnt my dad but someone else is? Wait what happened to my dad that i was rushed here? Why won’t anyone tell me anything about him? I probably shouldnt be asking you or making a scene here?”
  • Like 1

"Of course, Leroy, follow me," Derrick said, leading him toward a area with marshmallows, chocolate and gram crackers. "Grab whatever you like, and let's find a spot to sit." They settled down with their snacks, and Derrick spoke thoughtfully, "Finding out about your godly parent can be a bit of a journey, Leroy. It often begins with you going to the big house and then coming here." He paused, taking a bite of his chocolate bar.  The taste of the yummy candy in his mouth was so good. It had been one year since he arrive at camp, it was when he found octavia that made him feel much happier to have someone to play! "Percy Jackson made the gods promise that they would claim their kids..meaning us...by the time we are thirteen" Derrick hoped his words offered Leroy some comfort amid the mysteries that surrounded him. It was a lot for kids their age to really think about. 

The bonfire had only just begun. Things were still strange for her. She couldn't really figure out what was going on. Her head felt like it was in a constant fog most days. The only things that seemed clear was Shadow and her duties as a Cabin Leader. As the campers began to pour in. Before long the campfire was roaring and most of the members of Camp Half-Blood were sitting there around it. As had become tradition, Lilythe guided the new campers, including @ Leroy Bernard   to the front of the group. She smiled and reassured them that everything would be okay, explaining to the younger ones--those not quite 13 yet--that their parents may not claim them tonight and may wait until they were older, and ensuring those who had reached their thirteenth year, or close to it, that their parent would claim them tonight. They didn't have to wait long. As soon as the sun set the gods began their work.

Lilythe searched the crowd for the first claiming. It was only a matter of a few minutes before it began. As James took his seat, however, Lilythe caught a faint green light. She looked over towards the source. Sure enough, just above the head of Leroy a shimmering green, four leave clover appeared. At his feat a few drachmae appeared, and a cornucopia appeared in his lap, filled with more drachmae. Lilythe knew well enough that the drachmae were likely to disappear shortly, but it was an impressive sum while it lasted. "I have good news for you my friend. Tonight's your last night in Cabin 11. You've been claimed. Your Mother is Tyche, goddess of fortunes both good and bad. Welcome to Cabin 19." Lilythe beamed, happy for the young boy. 

Amelia slowly walked over to the bonfire. "Is this the bonfire?" she asked nervously. Despite the tour she got, Amy got lost 2 times. She tries to find a seat and looks around. The smell of the bonfire and of the food slowly fills her nostrils. She had gone camping before with her church group, but it was usually for Pathfinders. She sat down and began to rock herself. 

In a very thick southern accent he would say “Howdy, Lilythe, I guess I will head to the front.” He would head to the front forgetting that there was a snake in his pocket wiggling around. Then all of a sudden he was seeing green all around him and he freaked out a little “Is this the closing or am I getting some of that voo-doo, I don’t mess with none of that. I don’t know what’s happening”. Then Lilythe would announce that he was the son of tyche. “Ok I do not know who this Ty Che is but I guess that is my mom and I haven’t slept in any cabin yet! So am I movin straight into which cabin?” which he says tyche like the exercise tai chi. He would run over to Derrick and say “did you see buddy I was chosen by the lucky goddess or something, that explains a lot of why my dad took me to all the poker nights.”

Lilythe had to stifle a giggle as Leroy asked if the glowing was voodoo. She just continued with her explanation of his claiming. Before long he was off chatting with Derrick and no longer had his attention on her. She looked around at the other unclaimed children, hoping that more parents would claim them soon.

It wasn't that Lilythe didn't love having a full cabin, she did. But it warmed her heart to see the child go from not knowing who their parent was to finding their brothers and sisters and getting a sense of belonging. That was the best part of the claiming, in her mind. So when she felt the warmth of the sun's rays, despite it having set, she knew that another claiming must be happening and a smile crossed her face as she turned to the source.

Turning to the young girl, Lilythe gave Amelia a warm smile. Above her shone a miniature version of the sun bright, and on the wind she could hear the soft sound of a lyre's tune. "Amelia, your father has claimed you. You are a child of Apollo, god of the sun, healing, and music...along with a whole list he's probably upset with me for not reciting. You may go join your siblings in Cabin 7 now." She said, gesturing over towards the rest of her siblings off to one side.

"I'm Apollo's child?" Amy asks confused. "Oh. Ok."  She was stunned and confused. Her dad was Apollo. That made some sense, her mom is a respiratory therapist. Now what? What do I do now? How do I deal with this? Amy asks herself. "So, what happens now? So I'll go to Cabin 7, then what happens next? Is there something I need to do? I'm really confused." Amelia was more confused now and she wasn't sure what else to do and what to expect. She noticed Leroy running over to a guy named Derrick and felt bad. How come he's so calm about this? I'm panicking. 

Important Information

Terms of Use