bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Jumping with Joy

Julia Dutkiewicz

Julia had been out about that day, finding whatever she could get into, she never really liked to stay at her cabin. She just had way too much energy. Wondering around where the older campers usually work out and stuff do, she found herself a jump rope. Grabbing it, she took off to a nice big open area to make sure she wouldn't both anyone or worse accidentally hit someone. She was so accident prone, her biggest impression at camp so far as been running into people. Which isn't a bad way too meet them and say hi, luckily no one has gotten hurt. She's made a few friends around the camp, but she was always on the lookout for more. Specially if they were new to camp, she wanted to be able to meet them and be almost like their own personal welcome committee to camp half-blood, even if she hadn't been to camp that long herself. 

Finding a good spot, she grabbed the rope handles into each hand and started to swing the rope. The first few times, she almost fell flat on her face, tripping over the rope, not jumping when she should. They had jump ropes back at the orphanage, but she was never really the best at it. After about the third try she finally got into a good rhythm, smiling brightly as she was proud of herself. 

@ Amelia Celeste Martin

• ★J.C. changed the title to Jumping with Joy

Amelia walked around the camp still wondering about being claimed by Apollo. It was still shocking to her and she had yet to accept the fact that her father was Apollo. As she was walking, she noticed someone jump roping. Curious, Amy slowly approached the girl and stopped at a small distance away. She didn't want to come off as creepy and she wasn't sure if the girl jump roping would be nice to her. Pondering her next decisions, she continues to watch her. So far she had only met one other person and was slowly becoming friends with them, but other than that, she still felt like a stranger at the camp. 

Julia was just starting to get the hang of jumping rope, when a girl she didn't recognize approached. This got her excited to see a new face, which costed her. She smiled brightly as she lost concentration of the rope in her hand. Julia swung the rope around, but her jump was off and she caught one foot in front of the rope and the other behind tripping herself. Falling forward she giggled at herself, as she stumbled to catch her footing. Holding on the rope, she looked up at the girl "Hi! I'm Julia, what's your name?" she questions the girl, and than holds the rope out in gesture "are you good at jump rope?" she shoots off another question before the poor girl can even answer the first. Julia always gets excited anytime she meets a new person, because to her it meant more friends!

"My name is Amelia, but you can call me Amy. I'm not very good at jump rope. Nice to meet you, Julia." she answers with a smile. She looked excitedly at her realizing that Julia was another friendly person. "Are you ok? Did I shock you?" she asks trying not to come off as rude. This could be another chance for her to make a new friend. Camp Halfblood was looking better and better each day.

"Hi Amy!" she exclaims, as she giggles. Smiling brightly, she dropped the jump rope, "that's ok, I'm not that great at it either, but it was something I could do by myself, but since you showed up" she trails off, looking around wondering what they might be able to do together. "Hmmm" she wasn't a fan of that rock wall, especially after her experience with that Ares boy. "Let's figure out something we can do together, what do you like to do for fun?" she questioned the girl, as she continued to kind of look around to see if something might catch her eyes as to something they could possibly do together.

"I like playing the piano. I can dance ballet and figure skate, but there isn't any ice here. I don't mind learning anything else." she answers with a smile. She looked around hoping Julia wasn't going to suggest the rock wall. She still had much to do in the camp and she was still getting used to everything. "What things can we do here? This is still very new to me."

Julia listened as the girl told her about some of the things she liked to do. "Oh! I like piano, but i don't know how to play it" she giggled thinking about how bad she was when she would mess with the one at her orphanage. "Me and my friends where I use to live had a small one donated to us, so I got to mess with a piano but never actually got to learn out to play any songs on it" she comments as her mind raced trying to figure out what we could do. The girl mentioned that there wasn't any ice for ice skating, and Julia got an idea "I've never been ice skating before, and ya no ice around here, we might have to find one of those Hecate campers, maybe they had some kind of magic that could turn water into ice" she rambled for a second, and then she giggled "how about we go swimming? I love to swim, and its a nice day out to get into the water!" 

Amy smiled while trying to understand what Julia was saying. Julia is an interesting person. Amy thinks to herself. She had yet to meet any of Hecate's children. She barely knew what they could do and was afraid to try and interact with them. Pretty much all the campers except 2 people and now Julia were terrifying to her.  Once she heard swimming as an option she replied, "I can swim. My step-grandfather taught me. I didn't bring a swimsuit though." She hoped Julia would come up with a solution for it and hoped it didn't mean swimming in her clothes. 

• Like 1

Julia smiled when it seemed that Amelia wanted to go swimming, she didn't exactly say she wanted to put she did seem to perk up more to the idea. Julia smiles and looks down at her clothes, "Well I would love to swim, I don't have my swim suit with me, but if your willing, I would totally just jump into the lake with my my bra and panties on, its basically just like a two piece swim suit" she said with a slight giggle, but she was serious, she'd rather do that than walk her lazy self back to her cabin just to get it. The lake from where they were was a closer walk then it was from where her cabin was. 

"What do you say?" she questioned her with a smile.

Important Information

Terms of Use