bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Strawberries

Savanna Lewis

Her claiming had come right after her sisters, which was odd to say about herself. She had family now. Ones that understood her want and need to sleep most the time. Ones that would help her understand her life a little more. They had told her to go out and view other things than her bed though. If she choice to stay in her bed that was her deal right? It was comfy enough to stay there right? Well, regardless, she agreed with her older siblings as she went out of the cabin, rubbing her eyes as she walked around. There were many people out but she didn't know where she wanted to go until she found a a field full of strawberries. She could feel the drool forming at her mouth. She couldn't help but walked down to see what the deal was.

@ Dahlia Wakabayashi

• Like 1

Dahlia had started a routine last summer where she would get up early and check on all the plants around the camp. Making sure they got the water and attention they needed to grow well. I mean her abilities also helped with that so she loved to see it at work. Finding her way to the strawberries there were some older campers out there doing their job to pick them. That was how the camp made money to keep the camp going. So as she hummmed to herself she walked down the aisles looking from right to left to make sure the plants were doing well. That was when she saw one of the campers who was claimed the night she arrived for the summer. Smiling she walked up to her "Ohhhh hiiii" she waved tilting her head. "Welcome to the strawberry fields" she said wondering what she thought of it all.  

• Like 1

A yawn escaped her mouth as she noticed another person arrive next to her. "Oh.." she said covering her mouth a little. "Hi." She greeted back with a small smile as she uncovered her mouth. "You work out here?" She questioned as she looked around. "I was looking around the camp and see this and wanted to have a look." She told the girl as she swayed a little. It was something that she had noticed she had done a little more. It wasn't that she was going to fall, she sometimes caused herself to fall asleep like this. But she was pretty sure that she was going to be fine. She had just woken up from a nap anyway. "I'm Savanna by the way." She told the girl with a grin as she glanced down at the berries that were growing. 

• Like 1

With all the new half-bloods that had been claimed the evening before, there would be more new faces wondering around the fields. So it was not to shocking that she came into contact with a girl who was claimed the evening before. A laugh escaped her lips as she saw the girl yawn which was not too shocking for a Hypnos child. "Well not really, I guess we all sort of do" maybe no one told this girl that the camp made money that way in order to pay for stuff "This is a farm the camp runs to make money for the camp" she told the girl with a kind look. The girl then said her name was Savanna. "I am Dahlia, daughter on Demeter" she said as she looked down at some of the plants. Bending down she began to hum and the plants responded with growing and becoming much greener.

• Like 1

Savanna tried her hardest not to yawn again but there was no use. It happened rather she wanted it to or not. Though what the girl said shocked her a little. "You mean I'm going to have to help out?" She questioned the girl a little. She could already see it happening. she would find a nice little warm spot on the ground and pass out, maybe after she ate some strawberries. It was then the girl told her that it was the way the camp made their money. "Oh really? That is interesting." She said. "So what do the other normal people think of these strawberries?" She couldn't help but wonder if they had some magical properties to them, seeing as they were part of camp half-blood. The girl soon introduced herself as Dahlia. She happened to be the daughter of Demeter. She smiled a little but soon her mouth was in awe when she watched the plant that was looking a little brown become greener. "Wow, that is amazing." she blinked back up at her. "I wonder what I can't do?" She hadn't really talked to her older siblings yet, so she was very curious about her own powers. 

• Like 1

Dahlia was smiling so brightly at the girl across from her who seemed to be shocked by all of this. Well if she was new then it would make a lot of sense but all she could do was put her hand up to her mouth and laugh. Not in a mean way but one of kindness. "All campers help out" she tried to reassure her knowing that even those in her cabin which was Hypnos did their part. Knowing that when a camper comes to the big house, there was just so much information to understand that they had to get. That sometimes the fields were not talked about.  For her this was a place of joy as she got to be around such beautiful strawberries. "They are the best honestly." Bending down she picked a few before holding her hand out for the girl to take "Try one, i mean unless you are allergic." But turning back to the plants she giggled as the plant went from brown to green. Dahlia knew she was drawn outside to plants but when she came to camp was when she finally understood why. Soon enough this girl would find her own "Things with dreams if I remember right.....I mean has anything strange happened to you so far?"

• Like 1

Savanna's face fell a little as she was told that she would have to help out. "Really.." She pouted a little. Well it looked like she was going to try and not sleep during the day when it was her turn. She was going to have to make sure she was with on of her older siblings when it was her turn, because surely they would be able to keep her up. She watched Dahlia pick a couple strawberries and she blinked when she handed one out to her. "Can we really eat them?" She asked as she glanced around the fields before taken it out of her hand. "I'm not allergic." She said happily. She liked the taste of strawberries but she wouldn't say that it was her favorite but close to it. She bit into it and hummed happily. "Wow." she grinned as she watched the other girl for a little longer. "Dreams, right." She blinked and laughed at the thought. She was the daughter of Hypnos. So that was a duh question if she ever thought of it. It was then that Dahlia asked if she had anything strange happen to her and Savanna nodded her head. "Well, I visited James before I got here." She said but then corrected. "I mean in his dream. Somehow I was able to get into his dream." She blinked for a second and shrugged her shoulders like it was a normal thing for her to do and maybe it was a normal thing for her to do. 

• Like 1

Holding the strawberry out for the girl to take, it seemed to shock her "Of course you can" she said with a smile. "They are the best strawberries since we get the perfect weather here year around" she said holding out her arms to get the girl to realize it. It never rained here or even had any clouds in the sky. This meant they were able to produce the fruit year around with the best flavors. "Well that's good" she said laughing as it would have been bad if the girl was allergic. But as the girl bit into it, Dahlia was happy to see her face, as she clapped her hands. Ohh it was so wonderful to see the others enjoy the things they grow. That was her mother's gift to her but the girl in front of her was a bit different. Dahlia had known a little about the hypnos child but there was still a lot more to learn. "WOAHHHHH like you went into his dreams???" she asked feeling like she had to know more "What did he do?" Then she thought about the other things she had seen and more questions came to mind. 

• Like 1

Anna watched curiously as she listened to what Dahlia said about the weather. "Oh, I was curious about that, so it never rains or storms here?" She questioned as she looked up to the sky only to try and stop herself from yawning. She really needed to get herself in check. As she took a bite of the strawberry, she couldn't help but hum happily. She hadn't had strawberries like that in a while and she was happy to be in a place that had them. However, it seemed like the girl wanted to know more about her dream travel. Anna laughed a little and smiled at the girl. "Well, I went to sleep and ended up apparently traveling into one of his dreams were he was playing his guitar, which is so him by the way." She mused as she keep going. "I ended up clapping for him and he looked at me like I was strange because no one had ever been in his dream before." She grinned this time. "He told me all about the camp in there. It was pretty interesting."

• Like 1

Shaking her head she knew it was a strange thing to realize indeed but the magic that held the boundaries also made the weather the way it was. The only time she knew when it did change was when things were wrong..very wrong. In percy jackson's time at camp or that was what she was told anyways. "Yeah it is strange but also nice in a way" she said looking around her. Dahlia had an idea about asking one of the year around campers about what it's like in the winter. I mean does it stay this perfect even when the rest of the state is covered in snow. But soon they moved to the topic of the girl showing up in James dream. "I was going to say what kind of dream was it?" she blushed a little thinking of the older camper while giggling. "That is so cool, I bet he was even shocked for being an older camper." Dahlia said looking so amazed at what had happened. What a wild way to learn you are a demi-god. Wondering if the girl had tried anything else she stopped to ask "have you ummmm done anything else.......like change a dream or make someone sleep yet?" 

Anna couldn't help but hum a little as she listened to Dahlia talk about how it never stormed and how strange it was. "Well, that's to bad." She mused thinking about how the rain could always put a place to sleep. "I mean I could use a rainy day to put me to sleep sometimes." She mused with a small laugh. She watched the blush of the other camper and soon she caught on to what she was saying. "Oh no.." She started waving her hands back and forth. "He was having a dream about him playing the guitar and singing is all." She breathed out and sighed some. How embarrassing would it have been if she walked in on that kind of dream? She shivered a little and shook her head to get the thought out of it. "He, I guess he was pretty shocked." she thought about it a little more and smiled. "He told me everything he needed to and found me when I needed it the most." She grinned a little. Anna let her hand slide over the strawberry plants and listened to what Dahlia asked again this time she shook her head no. "I haven't gotten to try it out yet. Though I've heard from my older siblings that it is pretty interesting to put someone to sleep."

• Like 1

Dahlia loved the weather here but then again she had to water the plants a bit more as they needed tending to with water. Which was one of the things she liked to do since she was a child of Demeter. Plants were sort of her thing! "I guess rainy days are good for several things" she giggled "I mean I do have to water the plants a bit more but I don't mind." Back home she did love a good rainy day where she got to stay in and read her manga as her father tended the bonsai plants they had. But as dreams were talked about she was worried what type of dream when the girl also shook her head no. "Ohhh good" she said laughing nervously. "I mean I would be shocked too" she laughed thinking if someone came into her dreams. "That is really cool way to find out your are a half-blood" she said with a bewildered look.

Dahlia had found out in a strange way too, but hers dealt with the Yakuza coming after her da and her. A thought came to her when the two of them were talking. "Do you want to try it on me?" Dahlia knew that they all had to learn and maybe it would be fun being put to sleep. Dahlia wondered what types of dreams she would have and what it would be like for someone to be in them. 

• Like 1

Anna listened to what she was saying and smiled lightly at her. However the talk about going into James' dream seemed to be the more interesting one. "I guess it is pretty shocking." she told her with a small giggled. It was a pretty interesting way to find out that she was indeed a halfblood. "Yeah, it was interesting and for him to get someone there to help me out right on time. It was amazing. By the time that I got up everything was already messy at the orphanage." She told the girl with a shake of her head. "I still had a lot of questions too." She shrugged at the thought and smiled a little. 

"You want me to put you to sleep right here?" She questioned with a curious look. "What happens if you get into trouble for that or worse the bugs that might crawl over you.." Anna couldn't help but freak out about it for a second. Mainly because of the bugs but either way she was willing to try. "I mean I can try?" She told Dahlia with a nod of her head. "They said if I yawn I could put someone to sleep like that....want me to try?" She asked curiously.

Dahlia nodded her head as she knew all too well that she had a lot of questions when she first found out! I mean if she had not had strange things like her plants going crazy when she was upset. Maybe it would be a bit harder to believe then but now she knew so much. "I know when the strange monsters started to attack I was a bit scared and well things became unexplainable." She said this with a look on her face that said it was very weird. There was a lot that happened to her over the years that she hadn't told too many campers about. 

Laughing she shook her head no "I mean sometime later if you like or do it now....but we don't have to do it. I just thought it might be fun to try" she said hoping that Savannah would get it. Dahlia did not care too much about the bugs as they were apart of the earth to her. "Sure lets do it" the look of excitement was on her face as she had never done this before. Today was shaping up to be a pretty cool day as she met a friend and might be experiencing a new thing all together. 

Important Information

Terms of Use