bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

Fireworks, Fall 2021

James Selway

Helena had been hesitant to seek out Mateo since the game of Capture the Flag. They still spent time together when he sought her out, they still engaged in their activities that the contract provisioned for, but Helena took some space for her own sanity. It wasn't easy being the only person in the relationship that knew how he felt about her. It's not even a relationship. She begrudgingly reminded herself.

As she arrived at the beach, she saw him sitting and running his fingers in the sand. From back here, she remembered exactly why she was so smitten with him. He was beautiful, mysterious, and there was more to him than anyone gave him credit for. He seemed so peaceful and at ease right now. Helena was content to stay back and look at him from here. She had no plans to go join him for now. After all, he wouldn't ever realize his feelings on his own if she didn't make him realize what her absence felt like. Sure, she could give him a push. Amokinesis was a powerful thing. But it wouldn't mean anything to her if he didn't come to that conclusion of his own free will, and if he didn't love her of his own volition. He had to get there on his own.

Hearing frustrated tones, and feeling the pangs of jealousy that only a hurt lover could give, Helena looked over the crowd to see Levi being a problem in the middle of the couple that she had only recently urged together. Rolling her eyes, Helena decided that she would do her best to rescue the obviously flustered McKayla, Delaney, and Zoren. Walking over, she spoke to her brother. "Brother dear, Mateo and I are over here!" She gave him a sweet smile and beckoned him to come join her by holding out her hand for him. She hadn't planned on joining Mateo unless he sought her out, but she wasn't going to let Levi ruin the whole cabin's reputation by harassing everyone else either.

• Like 2

Axel was late to the party as usual. Fashionably late he liked to think. Truth was, he'd completely forgotten this was supposed to be happening today. He'd been getting some extra sparring practice in out on the field. It was disappointing really... having arrived in at camp in the middle of the Capture-the-Flag game, he hadn't really been able to participate. SO much introductory stuff to be done. He'd been looking for a chance to test his skills, maybe even to make some friends here. It would have provided an excellent opportunity. Ah well - there were other camp events. This one for example.

The redhead stood for a moment on the outskirts of the group, scanning for someone he recognized. There was that Ares dude he'd met when he first came here - though honestly Axel was still a bit too intimidated to approach that particular individual. He had a lot of respect for the guy. This was the man that would be teaching him how to fight monsters after all, but he still couldn't shake the feeling that he'd be very dangerous if one was to push the wrong buttons. And unfortunately for Axel, he had a tendency to do just that.

After a moment, he finally spotted a friendly face. It was McKayla, the girl from his own cabin. He approached the group with an awkward but friendly wave, entirely oblivious to the tension between several of its members. The boy never was good at picking up on such things. "Hey guys, what's -" he stopped in his tracks, blinking incredulously at a couple of the faces he didn't recognize. Gorgeous faces. These had to be some of the prettiest people he had ever seen. The boy had linked arms with a few attendees - a pretty boy - the kind who got all the ladies, Axel thought. He hated those guys. Much as he would claim he had actual reasons though, he was generally just jealous. And the girl calling out to them... beautiful beyond all reason. It was then that it clicked for him. Aphrodite's kids.

The by averted his gaze, wondering just how long he had been staring. "Um... sorry..." He wasn't really sure what he was apologizing for, but couldn't think of that else to say. He awkwardly shifted back a few paces. Maybe trying to socialize had been a bad idea.

• Like 1

Levi was in heaven being between to beautiful girls. He stared at the boy waiting for him to redeem himself after basically not even acknowledging his girlfriend, when Helena walked up. Levi rolled his eyes at her, knowing what she was trying to do "Hey sis, ya I'll be....." he drops his sentence when the boy he was staring at starts to walk away. His eyes go wide in surprise, "Umm he isn't even gonna try to fight for you?" he questions MK. Tighten his grip around both the girls, he smiles proudly "Well this worked out better than expected" he says with a small laugh when this little red hair boy walks up, and starts staring at us. The boy stood there for a bit just staring, Levi looked at his sister and then at the two girls in his arms "Three pretty women got you in a tongue tie there little boy?" he says to him giving him a smirk, when he comes out of his zoned out state and apologizes. "Don't be sorry kid" he laughs. "So MK, Laney, you wanna join me, Helena, and Mateo for the fireworks, now that, that little fiasco is over with?" looking over at the young boy "You can join too kid" he smiles at him.

• Like 1

TJ could see the commotion happening among the grown ups but he had been staking out the best tree to get a good seat in to watch the show from. He had learnt from a few other campers the bits that Lotto half god hadn't mention - Hermes was also the god to tricksters, traps and tomb robbers... he had been very careful in adding a few water balloons to his pack as he carefully scaled the tree. He had seen fireworks before of course but the rest of his cabin were a buzz having seen it before - apparently the big crafting god persons kids always made the coolest of shows and he didn't want to miss it.

He very gingerly climbed up to his perch in the boughs of a big nearby tree before hanging the rucksack off one of the branches. He had a great view and no one would jostle him. He heard the ruckus going on below him but they just seemed to be huffing and puffing at one another.. I guess they just can't wait for the fireworks either. he thought with a grin as he grabbed some of the fruit he had been able to stow away earlier and started to snack... his candy stash was beginning to run low, but until it ran out that was a future TJs problem.

Girls got you tongue-tied? Well that was pretty much accurate. Not that he'd ever admit to it. The pretty boy's joke only further solidified the stereotype forming in Axel's head. The guy was quickly turning into a rival in the Nike child's narrative. Not a rival for the girls though - even the competitive Axel had no illusions about that. All of the girls - beautiful as they were - were a bit too old to be interested in a scrawny kid like him.  Still, he wasn't entirely certain they were enjoying the older boy's attention either. "Y'all okay with that?" he asked bluntly, motioning toward their linked arms. It was meant as a genuine question, but probably came off a bit rude. He had a tendency to do that.

Registering the boy's invitation, he gave a nod. Rivals, friends... what did it matter? At least for the moment it seemed he was being included. "Sure. Axel, by the way. Uh.. I mean... Axel is me. And you guys are?" He'd met McKayla before of course - they were in the same cabin. And he was fully ready to stand up for his half-sister if it turned out this guy was harassing her. But everyone else he hadn't mt et, and it was probably better to exchange introductions before starting any unnecessary conflicts.

Edited by Axel Gauthier
  • Like 2

Fireworks... how exciting! Another entertaining event for the residents of Camp Half-Blood. Emberlynn had to hand it to the place, it was truly full of adventures. She was still high from the excitement of the Capture-the-Flag game that had only ended pretty recently. The little girl had been far more successful than she - or anyone for that matter - could have expected. In her perception at least, she'd gone toe-to-toe with full fledged adults. And won. Like, a bunch of times! Speaking of... as she approached the event, she scanned the crowd for Sir Azreal and Miss Lilythe. No, Lady Lilythe. The theatrics were already forming in her head. The thirteen-year-old had quite the imagination, particularly when it came to romantic notions. And their story was so full of drama she could hardly resist trying to learn more. That conversation she had overheard in the bushes had left her teen "shipping brain" yearning for the next chapter.

Ember didn't spot either of them though. She did, however, spot another person she recognized. @ TJ Gardner That's right! She thought. I still haven't thanked him! A sly smile breaking across her face, she took the long way around. Creeping up behind the tree, she saw him happily chewing on some fruit. Here to watch the fireworks too no doubt. The girl sprung from behind the trunk, hoping to surprise her friend. (Well, she thought of him that way. He probably saw her as an annoying girl.) "How's the view from up there!?!" She called out suddenly. The girl reached up, clambering a bit clumsily onto a nearby branch. "Ready for the show?" 

• Like 1

TJ had learnt of the sneaky enhanced senses of the demigods in general and just how good the Hermes kids were at it, that did little when concentrating on pulling apart a particularly ripe orange though. He was just at the point where it was going to fold out like some crazy Egyptian tomb treasure as the voice from below him startled him. He was glad she couldn't see him directly so he took a minute to settle himself.

Glad for the heavy branch and wedged spot he had picked, he looked down at the pile of rainbow hair and the overly happy grin... it was the the Rainbow girl zombie slayer, he couldn't help but give a smile. "Views a good one" he quickly moved the orange off to one hand, wiped the other hand against his shirt and then leaned over to offer to help pull her up.

As she settled he responded "Yup.. I got supplies, I found a place without too many folks. Plus I have the Hermes cabin junior woodchuck survival pack.." he pointed to the hanging backpack to one side.. "Just watch out for the water balloons" he grinned.

He still wasn't sure about the whole pranking thing but his cabinmates had said it was kind of like a rite of passage and part of joining the cabin for reals.. He had chosen the water balloons over the itching powder (he hated that feeling so much that it seemed a tough one to inflict on someone else - at least someone he didn't know deserved it yet) and the dirty soap (but that was more he hadn't seen a good time for that one over any moral questions) 

"Oh, that's right! You were claimed quite recently, weren't you?" Accepting the offered hand, Ember settled into a crooked branch. It was gnarled and twisted just so, forming a perfect little resting spot. Having been claimed herself right after the arrival, she hadn't gotten to spend much time with the Hermes kids. She wondered briefly if TJ might give her a lead on the Lady Lilythe situation, but he didn't seem the type to be concerned with gossip. It was nice to talk with someone her own age for a bit though. "You're rather lucky, I'd say. Hermes has a great cabin leader and plenty of members." Not only were the children of Hermes occupying that cabin, but also the unclaimed demigods as well. Emberlynn was a bit envious. She'd never been one for solitude.

"Iris doesn't even have a leader. I suppose they haven't come back yet... though I do have to wonder where it is the adults keep "coming back" from." Off on some grand adventure, she imagined. She wondered if perhaps she'd get her own quest one day. There were rumors among the campers that such things really happened here - just like in a fantasy book! Pity though. Wherever they were, they were missing the fireworks.

"Oh! Speaking of adults..." Ember said suddenly, a memory striking her. "I am ever so grateful for that headgear you lent me. It was an absolute lifesaver!" She proceeded to narrate her first encounter with Sir Azreal, where TJ's helmet had born the brunt of a pommel to her head. With a bit  of hyperbole and a lot of hand gestures, she told him about her flag-capturing exploits. "I truly hope we're on the same team again next year. I think we made excellent partners!"

Catching his mischievous grin, she looked at his "survival pack". "Water balloons, eh?" she giggled. "I assume you've got a plan for those. I needn't be worried, right?"

TJ had been worried it might be uncomfortably quiet up in the tree for the two of them, fortunately it was noisy enough for the both of them. 

"Most of the cabin are busy with birthday plans for the end of the month" he said getting a few words in "apparently the party up in the big house is for all the grown up types only though".

"I am sure you will find a leader person soon enough" he didn't know how any of this should work - mostly just adults doing adult things - I guess they just pick a person when they need them. He guessed Hermes would never be without one for long - way too much coming and goings to somehow work without one.

"You were super impressive in the capture the flag times" he remembered how he had ended up fleeing the zombie attackers "Glad the helmet worked - I didn't need it so much as you, I prefer distance" he said waving around at the tree vantage point. As he listened to Embers encounters during the flag, he though that distance was a nice way of saying those things scared the heck outta him..  he nodded along about the plan of working excellently together, thinking that she had done most of the work when the traps went off "Yeah! but you can bring your own helmet next time" He said happily..

"Nope, these are for asshats" he says looking down at the disruption of the older campers below them "and you seem pretty cool - even for a girl"

"Ooooh a birthday? Who's birthday is it?" Emberlynn loved birthdays. Well, more accurately she loved any occasion that gave her a chance to practice her best and favorite skill: gift-giving. There was nothing better than watching a person's face light up when they received the perfect present. Of course, if this one was the end of the month it'd be a challenge. She'd have to get to know the person well enough to pick out something amazing. She giggled to herself. It sounded almost like a spy mission. Perhaps she could bribe TJ to be her informant. He did seem to love those candy bars...

Realizing she was getting carried away with her gifting fantasies, Ember returned to the matter at hand. It seemed so long since she'd had the opportunity though. Back in her normal life she'd spent so many hours searching for or creating things to make her friends happy. But here she didn't have any friends yet. Except perhaps for the boy she was currently sharing a tree with. She couldn't help but smile at his compliment - though the "for a girl" part seemed a bit backhanded. "Well, you're pretty cool yourself for a boy." She joked back. In reality, she'd always been friendly with boys as much as she was with girls. But she was the kind of person who matched the humor of those around her. It tended to endear her to them.

"Asshats... I see. I'll keep an eye out." She scanned the area, looking for any deserving targets. Maybe that Shadow guy that was so awful to Sir Azrael would show up. There was also a group below that seemed to be getting slightly heated. If things got out of hand, perhaps a little water would be perfectly suited for cooling them off.

TJ realized he hadn't mentioned who - just that there as a birthday - "Oh, yeah - our cabin leader Miss Rayne." he had heard a lot about the plans "She was born on Halloween so I think all the older campers get to dress up in costumes and stuff"

He realized Emberlynn was pretty easy to chat to as well as (mostly) listen to. He smiled as he sat back in the tree listening to her tales of the flag capturing, running all over the forest and the illustrious Sir Azreal that she had ran into.

He as pretty content up in his tree, hearing about all these cool midnight flag raids and waiting on the fireworks to come.

"Lady Lilythe! Oh, that's perfect!" How lucky, the birthday person had turned out to be someone she knew a little bit about. Her mind swam with ideas. The perfect gift... well, Ms. Rayne had certainly seemed quite troubled the last time they'd met. She'd have loved to lock Shadow and Azrael in a room and force them to settle their differences, but she was intelligent enough to know that would not end well. Nor was she capable of doing it. But that did paint a hilarious picture... Paint! Yes, she'd need paint. And glitter of course, and - well, her brain was running off again. Still, the cogs kept turning as she looked to the sky, occasionally wondering when the show would start.

"Say, TJ..." she inquired, struck by a sudden idea. "You're in Lady Lilythe's cabin. Do you think you could sneak something into her bunk for me? Not a prank, I swear to you." The girl realized he might think she was planning something nefarious. "A birthday present. Gifts are always best when they're unexpected, wouldn't you say? Oh, and you'll be well-compensated of course. How does five - no, ten candy bars sound?"

Edited by Emberlynn Knight

TJ couldn't keep his curiosity at bay as Emberlynn laid out her request. It was even harder keeping the edge of disappointment from creeping in that it wasn't a trick but a surprise seemed a pretty good runner up. Plus he could always see about a less treat worthy surprise for a couple of the other kids in the cabin that had been egging him on to bring out the itching powder and the water balloons to the fireworks - turnabout would be fun at least. Maybe a ghost that would drop down from their bunk or something..

He looked up as he heard the methods of compensation - all he had found at the camp so far had been tasty but health platters - she was a smart one if she had guessed his stash was running low.. doubly so if she had found her own supply chain. "I mean it could be a trick and a treat right?" he grinned "only kidding" he made sure to say before it could be taken too seriously "Sure, I can sneak it into her room easy, plus she has been in the cabin forever so knows the best ways to search for troubles."

He realized he hadn't done that whole asking about the other person thing mom had tried to get him to start doing - taking an interest in others or whatever but he realized he didn't know much about her cabin or her godly... mom? "So how is life in your cabin, must be pretty cool not having a leader to give all the orders and tons of cleaning schedules? and you got a new god parent, that must be pretty interesting right?"

"Excellent! I'll let you know when it's ready." Ember's mind was already spinning with plans. Honestly, she felt this would be kind of fun! Like when they were working together in capture-the-flag. Well, that had been fun until the zombies showed up. She pictured the two of them decked out in spy gear one might see in her cartoons. It was an amusing image, but one that she couldn't help but draw excitement from. Now she had to procure some candy... Aunt Amelia could help with that, surely. The bakery was only a short drive from camp, so it shouldn't be a problem to request some extra candy bars in the next care package. Ember pictured her Aunt's pantry, always full of sweets and goodies. She missed that place.

"The Iris Cabin? Well its..." The word she was looking for was lonely, but to be so open with her emotions might dampen the mood. "A bit on the boring side to be completely honest. I'm the only camper, so there isn't much entertainment around the place." Apparently it was far from unheard of for a cabin to only have one member at a given time. Unfortunately Emberlynn was not a fan of solitude. She very much hoped that a brother or sister would turn up for her one of these days. "Oh! There is one cool thing about Iris though. Watch this!"

She held out her palm and concentrated. If she'd had laser vision, it would've quickly bored a hole in the center of her hand from how hard she was staring. At first, nothing happened. Dammit Em, we practiced this... After a moment a warmth began to well up within her. She stared even harder, forcing the warm feeling down into the center of her hand. As she did, a small orb of purple light took shape. It wasn't super bright yet, not was it super useful. But it was a start. She looked over at TJ, grinning from ear to ear. It was the first time she'd shown someone her new ability, at least on purpose. "It's not much, but it's real magic. I never would've thought... well, being a demigod can be very cool, wouldn't you say?"

All day Krystal had been debating if she should go to the fireworks or not. She was worried about running into Dustin, it had been almost a year since she broke it off, and ever since she has done everything to avoid him. She hated every bit of it, she loved him but she was so scared of what he wanted for them, and she just couldn't face him after seeing the hurt on his face when she broke it off. Her siblings begged her to go though, they knew she was having a rough time and wanted her to get out and have some fun. Would she really have fun though? I would of had an amazing time if I was still with Dustin, she thought to herself. Shaking the thought from her head, she groaned and finally gave in to her siblings pleads. 

Krystal rummaged through her dresser trying to find something to wear. Finally she settled on a pair of short shorts that had a flower design on them, Dustin liked these shorts, she thought to herself. When the thought appeared she stopped and stared at her shorts, taking a breath she put them on. It's almost been a year, get a hold of yourself Krystal, she tells herself. Reaching into her drawer she pulled out a cute flowy black top that matched well with the shorts. Looking in the mirror she tried to put on a smile. 

She finally arrived at the beach, and there was already so much going on. She noticed her sister MK with that guy from the aphrodite cabin, she had no idea what was going on there, she didn't think her sister would go for a guy like him. She scanned the beach, watching the younger kids running around playing made her smile. Krystal's smile faded quickly when her eyes caught sight of Dustin, taking a breath she looked away quickly and started to walk the opposite direction, hoping he didn't see her. Krystal was not ready to face him, she wanted him back but she hurt him so bad, why would he want her back. It was her own selfish thoughts that caused their break up in the first place. 

Edited by Krystal Rose
  • Like 2

TJ had been getting a bit bored in the last few days so was happy enough to help with this spy mission and Emberlynn seemed pretty happy at the prospect of it so he hoped it would end up fun at least.

"You know you can always come back and visit the Hermes cabin - its not like you didn't stay there for a bit anyway." he thought about it for a minute about the schedules and the lessons that went up not really being sure how they were sorted.

He barrelled ahead anyway  "Plus Miss Rain does all the nature survival sneaky scouting type classes - I am sure you could come along next time."

As she started to concentrate, TJ was about to start talking about the cool things the Hermes campers could apparently do when he saw the glow start to emanate from her hand. TJs mouth opened in sheer wonder - all the other powers were like jumping and climbing trees and stuff this was another super power - Like the Heck-a-tee kid that had caught him from falling out the tree. "Wooooow..." the light formed into a purple orb floating in her hand. 

He had so many questions as he thought them he blurted them out without much of a gap between "Is it hot? Does it start fires? That is so awesome. Its way beyond cool" he made a note to check if the Hermes cabin had any cool powers but he expected the rest of the cabin would have shown them off. 

So many things were happening all at once, MK was a bit overwhelmed with Levi at the moment and then Zoren was not helping. Even though it did seem like Mateo and Helena were trying to help. But of course Levi took it one step further with making MK confidence draining from her. Zoren wasn't standing up for her....was he ashamed of her or did not care? So many of these things were going through her mind as she wanted to just cry in that moment. The hurt was on her face when she saw her brother Axel. Even he seemed to be memorized by Levi's beauty. "I ....I .....I don't know" she said looking down to the side with her face going all red. After this summer the pain of this stung pretty badly. Did Zoren even love her? 

"Hey Axel....I guess I will then" she said answering Levi and feeling a bit defeated in a sense. "This is Laney one of my best friends and this is Levi" she said blushing a bit as she looked back down to his arm which was linked with her own. What was she doing???? 

• Like 1

His siblings were being loud as normal wrestling around like normal and it made him smirk a little as his brothers and close friends pushed him around a little. "Hey knock it off." he mused with a chuckle and pulled his hand from the sand. It was when one of his brothers got quiet and had that stare that Dustin stopped goofing off and followed the look. His eyes soon landed on Krystal. She was walking the other way, away from him. He swallowed hard and soon his brothers started telling him that he should go to her, reconnect and get back together since they knew that he wouldn't be himself till he got her back. 

Dustin shook his head no since she didn't want to be around him, he wouldn't push it at all. But that didn't stop Liam from getting up from the sand and headed toward Krystal himself. Dustin watched in horror as he ended up pulling Krystal to the Ares group and sat her right next to Dustin. His mouth went dry when Liam looked at the both of them and crossed his arms. "You either kiss and make up or this will happen more often." the others stopped and looked at the two and went to whispering about something. Their attentions were on them for a moment before they looked away. Dustin on the other hand had was a nervous wreak. He had no idea what to say or do at the moment. He glanced at her for a second before turning his head to watch the kids playing again. He stopped before turning to her slowly. " I.. I don't hate you..." he started to Krystal and watched Liam's arms uncross and smirk before walking away. It was what he wanted and he knew that he wouldn't leave unless one of them started talking. 

• Like 1

Levi's smile faded slightly at the hurt and confusion on MK face. "It sucks, but that's the kind of stuff that happens with young boys" he says in a softer tone. It didn't take long though for his smiles to beem again when she said that she would join him, Mateo, and Helena. "There's the spirit, you'll have fun with us!" he says with a smirk, since she agreed he unlinked his arm and grabbed her hand to lead her towards where Mateo was sitting. Levi was excited that MK was going to join them, he found her very hot, and she was one girl that has been playing hard to get, and he is finally getting somewhere. It's a start anyways, he thought to himself as he sat down next to Mateo and pulled the girls over to him, pulling MK onto his lap. "Cheer up, these fireworks are going to amazing!" he comments in her ear, as he places one hand on her hip, leaning back on the other one to get comfy. 

Levi smiled toward Mateo, "Hey bro! How are you doing tonight? excited for these fireworks?" he questioned his buddy. 

• Like 1

The minute Liam grabbed her, she started to protest. Krystal, hit at his arm, and dug her feet into the ground "please don't! he hates me, I'm not ready to face him" she says, trying everything to get him to stop. As they drew closer and closer to Dustin, her heart was racing, it felt like it was going to explode out of her chest. Krystal's eyes started to build with tears, scared of how this is going to turn out. Her protesting and fighting did no good, Liam was pretty strong and when he wanted something done, he was going to have it done one way or another. His intentions were good, but she was so nervous.

Liam sat her down right next to Dustin, almost on top of him. Krystal flashed a quick look into his eyes, and tears started to stream down her face, because all she could see what the hurt in his eyes. Liam making his comment only made things worse, for how she felt and she just ignored him as her own thoughts too over. I hurt him, I did this to us, he hat....thoughts were flooding her mind, but just as she was thinking that he hates her, his voice rang through her head when he said that he didn't. Krystal perked up for just a moment, but keeping her eyes down trying to hide the fact that she is crying, she choked out "I'm sorry."

• Like 1

Kenna was so excited to be apart of this who thing as the event does not go off without her cabin.  So as she was getting ready she turned to see her brother Stefan who was giving her instructions. Smiling she nodded as she went to get the gear on to be safe during this time. I mean the Hephaestus kids did have a way with heat. "I got it on now" she smiled at him as she then turned to see her friend Savanna. A smile formed on her face "Hey Savanna, it is good to see you!" she said standing up putting her hands on her waist. 

"Well you got to wait and see" she giggled as she knew it was going to be amazing. Nodding her head she looked a bit silly with all her gear on. "But I will be here setting it off while you get to see the show" she beamed as the excitement took over her. "We should be starting soon" she smiled as she turned back to her siblings. Seeing they were all ready for the show to begin.

Getting back to her siblings she then got some of the mortars in her canons ready to go off. As her brother approached with the lighter he lite the end of the mortar as she held it still as it shot into the air.

The show has begun!

James was happy to see the turn out was a good one as the campers were ready for the one last fun they could have. Waving to the ones that greeted him he was looking for either Rissa or Octavia. "Hey Levi, thanks for coming man!" he said to him as he keep looking around wondering if maybe Octavia would have her friend Derrick with her. The two of them had hit it off which was so great as both were young for a camper. That was when he spotted the two young campers. Playing a game of chase it seemed like they were having fun. The smile on his face was one of pure happiness. Octavia was the best little sister he could have asked for so seeing her this happy made his heart sail! "Octavia" he called out to her with a wave!

The was just coming to an end but he had a feeling it was going to be one he wouldn't forget. "Ohhhh hey there beautiful" James said back as Rissa's hand slipped into his own. "Oh yes it is over there" he pointed to one of the sandy hill areas that already had a blanket on it for them. He wanted their first fireworks after they became a serious item to be perfect in everyway. "Isn't it great that they are" he said to her. "I am just happy she isn't feeling so alone." Of course he worried about this many times as he knew what it was like coming at a younger age to camp. He too had come and felt how hard it was to watch the older campers come and go as they went off on their own adventures as he stayed at camp. "Hey my best little sister" he said to Octavia who was calling to him from a spot she seemed to find on the beach.

That was when a friendly face came into view. Killian looking as sharp as ever who was asking about none other than Willow. The look of shock was on his face. Killian was not the type to seek out a girl, most just flocked to him. But before Rissa could answer, James caught a view of Willow. A smirk was on his face as he nodded his head to Killian in the direction he saw her. "Hello Willow....Killian here was just asking about you" he laughed nudging his friend. 

Derrick was having a good day as most the days were good thanks to Octavia. She had kept her promise in staying with him when he got sad about his dad or losing his best friend. The two had quickly became good friends as they were always around camp having fun playing a game. When she stopped running he ran right into her as he questioned why she did that, but soon asked if they could sit together. "Um maybe we can do it close to your brother" he suggested as the two of them approached a spot where they would be sitting. He watched the old campers who seemed to be talking to each other. "Do you think James and that girl the hand he is holding are together?" Derrick was in no way understanding the things older grownups did or why boys liked girls in that way. I mean him and Octavia were good friends but he didn't want to hold her hand all the time. "Who is Killian?" he whispered to her as Octavia seemed to know most the people at this camp. 

Killian was trying to play it cool but James being the man he is of course looked a bit shocked. Laughing a bit nervously he swept his hands through his hair as he then shook his head laughing. He could not explain it as it shocked him too. But just as he turned in the direction of the nod of James. It was Willow would show up to his side. He opened his mouth to say words but seemed to fail as James told her he was looking for her. "Oh ey I was but now I have found you and ummmmmm you look great" he said in his Irish accent. "Sooooo do you go to things like this very often?" he asked her as deep down he was kicking himself for saying such a dumb thing as if he was 13 or something. 

He just wanted to sit with the lass on a nice night but with him acting the way he was. She would probably rather site with anyone else in the camp than him. "I didn't know if maybe we could all sit together as a group. It would be nice to all be together?" This was his last ditch attempt to see if Willow would maybe stick around him for him to maybe get to know her a wee bit better. 

Catching the look on McKayla's face, Axel looked suspiciously at Levi. Was his sister really okay with this? He was unsure why she was upset, but he couldn't tell if pretty-boy was causing it. Or maybe it was his fault for stumbling in so awkwardly. He followed behind the others as the firework show began, sticking close to his sister's side. She  and the boy seemed friendly, he guessed. He probably shouldn't jump to conclusions and punch him in the face. Probably.

Though their relationship was new, Axel felt quite protective over his cabin members. They were the closest thing to an actual family he'd had in a long time. And from the beginning MK had actually treated him like a brother, unlike the spoiled brat he'd shared a house with back home. He couldn't help but feel guilty when he saw the look on her face, though he wasn't exactly sure why. When pretty boy pulled her onto his lap, however, an unbridled rage began to boil up inside of him. He didn't like his type in the first place, but messing with his sister like that when she already looked uncomfortable...

"Hey sis," he interjected a bit forcefully, pulling her off to the side. "Can I talk to ya for a sec?" as soon as they were out of earshot from the group, he whispered. "Ya never answered my question. You okay with that... that guy?" He glanced over at the child of Aphrodite. "I'll fight him if ya want." He realized that was probably an overreaction, but he was serious about the offer. "Er... or... y'know, sit between you or something." He was really hoping for the first option though.

• Like 2

Important Information

Terms of Use