bbh_blocked_dnftl
Camp Half-Blood RP

The Claiming December 2021 - February 2022

The Chronicler

The Storyteller

bonfire-gif-2.gif

As the sun sets, the campers begin to make their way down to the bonfire. At the beginning of every season now, it's almost like a ritual. All the new campers get claimed by their parent if the child is 13. Even some of the younger children get claimed from time to time. Nobody wants to miss a chance to welcome a new member to their cabin, or to find out where those particularly interesting individuals go. And so it was in that winter, like many winters before it. The claiming.

Julia was the first to arrive to the bonfire, of course she was, she was waiting for this night for her whole life. Well maybe not in this fashion but at least she will know who her real mother or father is once and for all. As she walked up to the bonfire that one of the camp leaders had gotten started already, she took a seat on one of the logs. Looking around, she watched for her friend Kenna to show up, she said that she could so Julia really hoped that she would be there. Having a friend with her just made her feel a little more at ease with this whole situation. 

As far as Julia could tell, she really wasn't sure what other kids in the Hermes cabin where born from Hermes or if they were an unclaimed camper, so it made it super hard for her to know who all would actually be at the campfire tonight. Julia was super excited though no matter what! "This is going to be awesome!" she exclaimed

• Like 1

Kenna had pretty much spent the day with Julia as the two girls went around the camp. It was fun showing her where all the things were plus all that she knew about the campers. For once she didn't feel like the helpless new camper but one that could help others. The two parted ways as Kenna had to go back to her cabin to do a few things before she arrived that evening. Walking with her half-sbilings they all talked about the things they were working on when they got to their spot at the bonfire. Looking around, she noticed Julia who she waved too. 

Julia perked up when she saw Kenna, "Hi!! I'm so happy you came!" she exclaims, as she looked over at the others with her with a questioning head tilt. Of course those must be Kenna's siblings, she thinks to herself. Julia smiled brightly "I didn't know others would be with you as well?" she questions, not that she cared, it just made her curious as to why ones already claimed would come to something like this. Kenna at least had the reason of Julia asking her to be there with her. 

Patting the log "would you like to sit with me? or I can sit with you and your friends, if they don't mind?" she says sweetly. 

• Like 1

Lilythe walked over to the bonfire. It was one of the few things that she had to look forward to at camp right now. Everything else had gotten beyond messy. Her love life in particular. Lilythe had no idea what she was thinking some of the time. But here and now, none of that was important.

Right now was about the new campers. That was something Lilythe always took a special interest in. She was, after all, the first home they had at camp. And she would lose some of them tonight to go be with their siblings. It was always bittersweet watching someone find their siblings. She wished them all the best, but she always selfishly wished she had more time with them. In her eyes, anyone that passed through her door once she became the cabin leader would always have a place in Cabin 11.

As the last rays of the sun set, Lilythe stood out before the campers. "Can I get all unclaimed campers nearing 13 to line up over by the bonfire? Thank you!" She said with a smile. She watched as they began to fall into line, but before they could finish, Lilythe saw a glow in the corner of her eyes. Above the head of Julia glowed a faint goblet. Then, before her eyes she watched as all the tiny cuts and scrapes healed, her skin took on an even more soft and dewy expression. "Looks like your mother wanted to claim you sooner rather than later. Cabin 18, Child of Hebe."

• Like 1

Julia's eyes swelled up with tears, as it was announced that her mother, the Goddess Hebe, claimed her. She was so elightled but sad at the same time, not getting to actually see her mother. "OH thank you!! I am so happy to finally know who my mother is!" she exclaims, looking over to Kenna, "well I guess we aren't half siblings after all" she giggled at her friend. This was probably one of the best days of her life, right next to the day she got adopted. Which she made a mental note that she needed return home at some point to tell her parents about all the new things she has found out, and who her biological mother was. 

"Thank you Lilythe for everything! I'm so excited to meet my siblings!" she said with a bright smile, wiping the tears away.

• Like 1

It had been a long day of training with his brother Benji which was always fun. But he was a little sore from it all as he pulled on his arms as he walked towards the bonfire. Trying to stay out of the light, he found a spot in the back. Liam had been sitting in the back for most of it while watching the campers that had come forward getting claimed. He looked to the side at some of the older campers giving then a look and a smirk. Liam was an Ares boy through and through but he did have friends in the other cabins. Wondering if his dad would claim anyone tonight, he just sat back and watched. 

Penelope hugged her bag close to her having been guided to the sprawling Hermes cabin making the most of the advice to keep her belongings near her. She hadn't had anything to unpack as her rucksack contained everything she had brought with her across from the West coast.

James had said said that this was the place to come to and see if your godly parent sent a sign. What she hadn't accounted for was the potential of over a year in the company of thieves and ner-do-wells dwelling in the unclaimed area of the Hermes cabin. She would have to make sure there was a way to get their attention if no sign appeared, there were details of a promise after all, that implied some kind of agreement.

Penelope arrived early and found a space to huddle away as the fire lit and the others started to gather. She realized she hadn't felt any of the cold since she arrived at camp and now with her pack in her arms, the crackling flames and her mum's aviator jacket she was definitely feeling that warmth in her bones.. her vision focused on the flames and around its dancing embers, enough to distract her focus from the other worries she had found herself dwelling on.

• Like 1

"It's just my cabin" she whispered as she smiled. It was typical that campers would sit with their cabin while those new campers might be claimed. Hopefully Julia would know that Kenna was not leaving her in anyway. "I got to stand with my cabin but I hope you get claimed" she said with a big grin. Then joining her half brothers and sisters she watched as her friend had a challeous appear above her head. Her mouth dropped as she realized her friend was a child of Hebe. With big eyes she looked over back to her when Julia spoke to her again. 

"I guess not" she looked bummed but was happy she knew who her mom was. Then seeing more of the other new campers she wondered who else would be claimed????

James had welcomed a new camper to camp. She was one full of knowledge and drawing skill that shocked him. Part of knowing her age made him feel a bit sad as it always seemed like they are seeing younger and younger campers coming to camp. Being away from their parents or losing their parents all together. Part of this brought up trauma for him as he just wanted demi-gods to have a chance in this world. He made his way down to the bonfire with his guitar as he wondered which kids might get claimed tonight. Getting there, he looked over to see Penelope which he "pssstttttt" he said to her as he gave a wave. Standing with his cabin he beamed as her and he gave her a thumbs up. 

Penelope keep staring in to the sparks of fire flickering off of the bonfire trying to work out as much as she could.. it could be up to three years clutching her pack and keeping on in the Hermes cabin. It didn't seem the worst of places but she had been given warnings to watch her stuff..

Her mind kept going back through the gods.. she knew her mum so it had to be one of the boy gods... she tried to remember all of them.. there had been so many when Barnaby had rattled them off..

From across the other side of the fire there was a "pssst" she looked up worried she might have stood in the wrong place or had missed some part of the process.. looking over she saw the guitar and the Leader person, James,  who had been at the big house when she had arrived. She worried for a moment before she saw the wave turn into a thumbs up. With a relief she tilted her head sideways and then gave a very determined thumbs up back while still gripping the pack with the other hand busy still trying to remember more of the boy gods... Apollo - But a space rocket wasn't exactly like a sun chariot...

RrnPr5B.png

• Haha 1

Lilythe glanced around the remaining new campers, wondering who might be next. She didn't have to wait long before a fiery red hammer appeared above Penelope. The young girl hadn't been lined up with the older unclaimed campers, being so young it wasn't guaranteed that she would be claimed yet. Lilythe always felt it was for the best when the younger ones were claimed early. It gave them more time to bond with their siblings. She smiled softly at the younger child. "Penelope, dear, you'll be leaving my cabin and joining Cabin Nine tonight. Congratulations, Child of Hephaestus."

Lilythe gestured over towards Kenna and the others.

• Like 1

James could not help but smile when Penelope gave him a thumbs up. This girl was just too funny he thought to himself as he waited to see what would happen. When it did, it seemed that Penelope's father would be claiming her tonight. Seeing the flaming red hammer above her head knowing that her father was Hephaestus which made so much more sense after doing her entrance into the camp. His hope for her was that she would feel welcome into that cabin. Seeing Lilythe pointing over to Kenna who was only claimed herself in the previous year. She would have a older sister that wasn't so much older than she. "Way to goooooooo" he said clapping as he gave Penelope a thumbs up too. 

Important Information

Terms of Use